New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Likewise, there's the argument that Hussie wasn't expecting homestuck to hit big....
    Probably not 2-and-a-half-million-dollar-Kickstarter big, but I find it hard to consider this argument as a reasonable explanation for Homestuck's flaws. Hussie had completed one reasonably successful project already; he knew, going in, that he would probably start with about as many eyeballs were already reading Problem Sleuth. MSPA already *was* a successful webcomic site. And this time around he doesn't even have the defense of blaming his readership's bizarre suggestions for the meandering senselessness, because he stopped taking those suggestions. If Homestuck is larger than Hussie can capably handle now, it's because he *wrote* it that way- all the successive steps back to a bigger stage, the ever-inflating cast of characters, and of course the bizarre and seemingly pointless self-gratifying interruptions that make Homestuck one of the most excessively confused story-graphs I have ever given up on keeping track of.. that's all Hussie. He made it that big, not his readers. If it breaks under its own weight, that's Hussie's fault too.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2012-11-02 at 01:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Update

Spoiler
    Show
    That flash was pretty confusing to follow with all the different colors and walls of text.

Seems like the ring is some importance.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRogue View Post
    Update

Spoiler
    Show
    That flash was pretty confusing to follow with all the different colors and walls of text.

Seems like the ring is some importance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Anyone else catch Terezi's eyes in the end there? They were white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Anyone else catch Terezi's eyes in the end there? They were white.
    Yes, I noticed! *proud* :)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe that's why she covered her eyes with that hoodie during the intermission?

5. - Top - End - #1205

Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post
    Yes, I noticed! *proud* :)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I dunno, upon closer inspection Karkats eyes are the same color. Additionally there's at least two Terezi's still with hoods on.

To make things weirder regular looking Equius is there, even though he was caught in LE's first blast.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There are a lot of different versions of the characters. And some of them seem to have eyes that maybe they shouldn't... you can see all the different sprites here. Also here, but there's less variety.

I was so certain Lord English was going to show up and blow up the dream bubble at the end...

7. - Top - End - #1207

Quote Originally Posted by Science Officer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was so certain Lord English was going to show up and blow up the dream bubble at the end...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, considering that Vriska's plan consists of gathering a huge number of people to bait him into doing just that, it was highly likely.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I sort of suspected that back then. But I did miss it here.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    As freaky as white eyes are, they were outfreaked by the presence of yellow ones.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

huh….Meulin and Nepeta get along better than I thought….

and poor Eridan, dating Cronus. its a sad day when the only date one can get is with your ancestral jerk copy who makes you look good by comparison.

and this…..got out of hand very quickly. are those female versions of Eridan and Kankri I see? oh and cool, nice to see there are other versions of dead Alternian trolls around.

but….what is with those pages and being ripped out and…Caliborn writing stuff down and such? is he manipulating time so that Calliope won't show up there somehow?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty sure that's Caliope's attempt at self-insert fanfiction and Caliborn is just ripping it up because he hates her or something.

Also, From those sprites, March Eridan is canon.

Pretty sure all those other "girl" versions are just crossdressings, not actual girl versions/fantrolls.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-11-03 at 11:20 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah but….Muse of Space…..Cherub…….knows about future and such……and is such a big fan…..for all we know, that could be her actual power. She could really be trying to write or insert herself into the future to make sure things go better.

or somehow her writings could be manipulating things- maybe the picture of her waking up John is what is really caused him to wake up?

or maybe I'm just speculating too much. probably is just self-insert fan fiction but with Homestuck….that might be an actual power. just saying.

13. - Top - End - #1213

Spoiler
    Show
    Other speculation I heard, Calliope saw these things in the clouds on Prospit, and then wrote fan-fiction about them.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

huh….Meulin and Nepeta get along better than I thought….

and poor Eridan, dating Cronus. its a sad day when the only date one can get is with your ancestral jerk copy who makes you look good by comparison.

and this…..got out of hand very quickly. are those female versions of Eridan and Kankri I see? oh and cool, nice to see there are other versions of dead Alternian trolls around.

but….what is with those pages and being ripped out and…Caliborn writing stuff down and such? is he manipulating time so that Calliope won't show up there somehow?
    Spoiler
    Show

Those aren't females. The Eridan, Kankri, Tavros, and Equius are all just crossdressing.

I know the Eridan one was so outlandish it became a meme for a straight year right around Hivebent and appears now and then to this day. The other three seem to just be there to round out the numbers.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

Well... That was pretty amusing. I thought that the other people wherent interested in fighting but OK.

The only thing I just hate is now that the intermission is over I now have to see Dirk.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Orc in the Playground
  17. - Top - End - #1217

I don't think Kankri's crossdressing in that pic, I think he's actually wearing the Seer of Blood uniform.

Something that may or may not be of note: Gamzee only appeared once in that whole exchange, and he did so both alive (yellow eyes), and as a God Tier, wings and all.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    Something that may or may not be of note: Gamzee only appeared once in that whole exchange, and he did so both alive (yellow eyes), and as a God Tier, wings and all.
    Gamzee is the only troll who has never been seen dead. This is just continuing that.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

19. - Top - End - #1219

Yes, but there are quite a few versions of trolls we never saw before as well. Terezi dressed as Dave, for instance. It strikes me as odd that, if this is right, that Gamzee never died in any of the (apparently many) timeline offshoots that the Post Scratch Troll session apparently created.

There could be something similar with what happened with Doomed Future Rose (same offshoot that created Davesprite), in that rather than dying, Gamzee in those timelines simply ceased to exist. But Doomed Future Rose's Dreamself sorta merged with regular Rose's Dreamself (still fuzzy on how that happened), which helped her wake up faster, and gave her some knowledge of what happened in that timeline.

What if the same thing happened with Gamzee?

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

To be fair, it's possible that dead Terezi started dating a dead Dave, and is wearing her boyfriend's shirt/created one like his.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Say, shouldn't there be a depressed universe Rose running around?

Why is she the only one that fused with Rose instead of getting a dream bubble?

22. - Top - End - #1222

I think it's because Doomed Future Rose (that is who you're referring to, right?) didn't actually die, as such, and actually ceased to exist when the timeline stopped being able to interact with the alpha and was (destroyed? not sure how you'd describe it), i.e. when soon-to-be Davesprite left.

The Doomed Troll timelines, by contrast, appear to all involve mass murder, so they do in fact die and get Dream Bubbles before Paradox Space unmakes them.
    Since we have never seen a dead Gamzee, it appears a lot of these timelines were caused by him going mad or something.

Similar thing with Meenah's plan to kill all the Pre-Scratch trolls. The bomb blew them up, and before any of the God Tiers could revive, the alpha timeline of that timeplace ceased to exist, so Paradox Space defaulted to "DEAD", rather than try and revive God Tiers in an area and time which no longer exists.

It makes me wonder. In between a God Tier dying and reviving, are they dreaming in a dream bubble? Would someone looking at them see milky white orbs where their eyes would be?

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't we see john in a dreambubble post-jackstabbings and pre-resurection? I'm not sure if we did or not.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1224

Planetar

On the topic of Cherubim, the story as a whole, and other things, I submit for your consideration, the following theories:

The Long Game

Cherubim and Seraphim
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

seems about right. I kinda suspected that Calliope has some weird super-passive just as powerful cosmic ability under her control just like Caliborn.

wich means Calliope is the Big Good. but that was obvious...

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

A funny part of the recent animation was Hussie watching everything from the background. Because while he may be there in part because he's looking for the ring, like Tavros, he's also there in part because he's Hussie, and watching hordes of different versions of his characters in various outfits is basically part of his job.

Apparently, Damara's lines translate to "What is this? A Halloween orgy?" and "Someone is touching me. Keep doing so."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah but….Muse of Space…..Cherub…….knows about future and such……and is such a big fan…..for all we know, that could be her actual power. She could really be trying to write or insert herself into the future to make sure things go better.

or somehow her writings could be manipulating things- maybe the picture of her waking up John is what is really caused him to wake up?

or maybe I'm just speculating too much. probably is just self-insert fan fiction but with Homestuck….that might be an actual power. just saying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note how Callie seemingly has no effect on events. No one notices her; John would have woken up regardless, as he did the first time that he died in a dream due to being stabbed by Menah.

It seems likely that Calliope knew what happens in these scenes due to Rose's records or Skaian cloud visions or some other source. She has done her best to learn what she can about this story, after all.

The obvious way for her to then insert a version of herself into these events would be for her to construct an alternate history in which she plays a role. But if she wishes to insert a new character into the story as it already is, that character kind of needs to just... be there, with no impact on the narrative.

That is to say, Callie's interactions with everyone else are entirely...

... passive?

Given that Calliope's class is supposed to be supremely passive and, based on the name, very probably has some sort of storytelling-based powers... one can't help but wonder. And let us not forget Vriska's involvement in Becquerel's creation and prototyping. From her perspective, those events had already happened, and claiming responsibility for them didn't actually change anything. And yet her role was essential, and it seems dubious at best to say that those things would have happened without her.

Cause and effect often proceed strangely in paradox space, and it does not seem beyond the realm of possibility to me that something might happen, in some sense, because of how it will be recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    In between a God Tier dying and reviving, are they dreaming in a dream bubble?
    Yes. ^u^

JADE: when i was dead there for a few minutes, i had one last very informative nap

I'll confess that I find doomed timelines a bit confusing, myself. But from what we've seen, I guess that they get wiped out at the point when someone goes back in time to prevent them from occurring, and everyone from them dies, as a sort of added failsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    On the topic of Cherubim, the story as a whole, and other things, I submit for your consideration, the following theories:

The Long Game

Cherubim and Seraphim
    The Fandom is Hussie’s Muse.
    I dunno about the rest of it, but that part at least is pretty much exactly correct. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

So Calliope ends up creating lord english? And destroying a universe?

She really sucks at her job.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    Yes. ^u^

JADE: when i was dead there for a few minutes, i had one last very informative nap
    That's not quite what I meant. I meant in the case that they'd already God Tiered, but been stabbed by Jack or something in such a way that it's neither Heroic nor Just.

29. - Top - End - #1229

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    I dunno about the rest of it, but that part at least is pretty much exactly correct. :)
    Which is exactly my point: Calliope is the Fandom, and the Muse, so therefore the muse in the normal sense of the word.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    So Calliope ends up creating lord english? And destroying a universe?

She really sucks at her job.
    Just to have some fun with this theory...

Calliope and Caliborn are actually fighting to create the story of Homestuck. After all, who is the one person that you can never be, no matter how hard you try? Doc Scratch, Lord English's agent in the story. And Scratch has been manipulating and altering the course of the story to ensure that Lord English is born.

So perhaps Calliope is trying to quietly slip coincidences and errors into the story that her brother is writing, with the ultimate end goal of defeating him. It's an interesting idea.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.