Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Science Officer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Well that's certainly... something?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Who is the voice in the head? Calliope? Hussie? Actually Caliborn?

    Also, take a close look at the blinking red light. You should be able to see the MSPaintAdventure logo...

  2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Friv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Science Officer View Post
    Well that's certainly... something?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Who is the voice in the head? Calliope? Hussie? Actually Caliborn?

    Also, take a close look at the blinking red light. You should be able to see the MSPaintAdventure logo...
    Spoiler
    Show
    The machine is displaying a red circle around the commands, which are Caliborn's actions, and a green circle next to the summaries. The machine seems to be almost entirely red lights, with a single flashing green one.

    I'm pretty sure it's Calliope, who now has the ability to Muse into Caliborn's brain.
    Patchwork Magisters - Volume III is now available! You know, if you like that sort of thing.

    Which you do.

  3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The machine is displaying a red circle around the commands, which are Caliborn's actions, and a green circle next to the summaries. The machine seems to be almost entirely red lights, with a single flashing green one.

    I'm pretty sure it's Calliope, who now has the ability to Muse into Caliborn's brain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feels to Hussie-like for Calliope, honestly.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark

    Currently Playing: Magic: The Gathering, Warhammer 40,000 (Space Wolves and Necrons), Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Star Wars: Tie Fighter

    Spoiler: Play-by-Post Links
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #1294
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Spoiler
    Show

    ….hm it seems to be some sort of narration machine? wait….

    If what is going to happen, what I think is going to happen then…

    OH FU- *runs*
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2012-11-20 at 10:25 AM.
    Monkey Playwright of the Improbability Drive Fan Club, Regardless, orcs should be people.

    Raziere Watches: One Piece Submerging Into Sabaody Part 4, UP!



  5. - Top - End - #1295
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2008

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    This narrator is kinda annoying. Kinda wish Caliborn would shoot him, too.

    Hee hee ha ha

  6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtraveler View Post
    This narrator is kinda annoying. Kinda wish Caliborn would shoot him, too.

    Hee hee ha ha
    Errr... He di- *spots White Text* ... Oh...


    I see what you did there.


    EDIT: Comments on the 10/20 potato

    Spoiler
    Show
    While it's over a somewhat petty thing... Caliborn really does seem upset. I don't see him as the type to talk about his issues with, well, anyone. That he's revealing that sort of thing to Hussie is either a sign using another typing strategy really is throwing him off, or it means Hussie being in his head has a bigger effect on him than we thought. And, if you think about it, having Hussie narrating inside my head would be pretty freaky (Well, having anyone inside my head would be terrifying, but somehow Hussie seems worse than most)
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-11-20 at 10:25 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark

    Currently Playing: Magic: The Gathering, Warhammer 40,000 (Space Wolves and Necrons), Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Star Wars: Tie Fighter

    Spoiler: Play-by-Post Links
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dancin' away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Errr... He di- *spots White Text* ... Oh...


    I see what you did there.


    EDIT: Comments on the 10/20 potato

    Spoiler
    Show
    While it's over a somewhat petty thing... Caliborn really does seem upset. I don't see him as the type to talk about his issues with, well, anyone. That he's revealing that sort of thing to Hussie is either a sign using another typing strategy really is throwing him off, or it means Hussie being in his head has a bigger effect on him than we thought. And, if you think about it, having Hussie narrating inside my head would be pretty freaky (Well, having anyone inside my head would be terrifying, but somehow Hussie seems worse than most)
    Why do you think LE wants to kill Hussie?
    Well you look into the water and the fish are dead
    You close your eyes and all you see is red
    Now you're all tied up inside your head
    And I already forgot everything you said.

  8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dancin' away
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Doubleposting, but wwhatevver.

    Spoiler
    Show

    So. Gamzee isn't god tier, he's just a bizarre anomaly. Huh.
    Well you look into the water and the fish are dead
    You close your eyes and all you see is red
    Now you're all tied up inside your head
    And I already forgot everything you said.

  9. - Top - End - #1299
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Science Officer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    Why do you think LE wants to kill Hussie?

    List of Things LE Doesn't Want to Kill:


    ...



    Spoiler
    Show
    Should this be in spoiler? idk. But really, Caliborn shot Gamzee just for being ridiculous. It's not too surprising he'd want to kill someone messing with his head, reading his thoughts, trying to control him. Assuming that person is Hussie...

    EDIT: Okay, the person communicating through the tower is almost certainly Hussie. Who else would refer to Gamzee as the most important character in...? And Caliborn is growing increasingly frustrated with him.
    Last edited by Science Officer; 2012-11-21 at 09:32 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #1300
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Whoever the narrator is, I like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

  11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Derjuin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Land of Maps and Treasure
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    The elevator music is so perfect for these scenes, I love it.

  12. - Top - End - #1302
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Science Officer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Whoever the narrator is, I like him.
    Yes, very much so.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So Caliborn wants his text to be green, like his sister's blood? Or maybe he'll sample different coloured pixels? LE's palace on the Felt (and well, the Felt) are green, his text is green, except when it's multi-coloured. Also, all-caps.

    Also: Saw themes (things locked in place, playing games, Cherub facial structure resembling the Jigsaw mask), Caliborn always does things in the worst possible way, needs to find keys, LE has pool-balls for eyes...

    Two of the keys are behind his eyes.


    It's fun stealing other people's theories. Makes me feel smart.
    Last edited by Science Officer; 2012-11-22 at 10:45 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #1303
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Think it's most likely that the narraitor/dude behind the computer is hussie, but always possible it's someone else, never know.

    Also unrelated to the comic's current status, but someone linked me this epic thing that i think everyone should listen too.
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


  14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DwarfClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Sburban Jungle is one of my favourite songs in the current soundtrack. While this is an interesting take on the song it needs quite a bit of work, as it currently stands though, it just feels like the artist simply replaced all the tunes with instrumentals without regards to what instruments harmonize well together.

    Certain instruments take the melody at times when they shouldn't (the flute/clarinet sound that's everywhere is way too strong), and they often take it solo instead of as a culmination of sound which orchestra really should be.

    Also, the artist missed a great opportunity for an epic build up at the start.

    Good first attempt though, I've never listened to any artificial orchestration which I've thought sounded good so I'm guessing it's quite a feat to get something which works without an actual orchestra to back you up.

    edit: After re-listening to the song and sampling a few of the others by the author, I think the problem is he/she chooses songs which don't have enough depth to support an orchestra (depth meaning that it feels like the artist is only using 1/4 of the orchestra at any time, maybe 1/2 when things build up) and the artist doesn't add in the extra parts which would make the entire thing feel more natural.

    edit#2: More sampling seems to confirm my claim. The remixes which were based off of more 'natural' songs, with more parts and instruments (ie: not midi songs) translate much better to orchestra format.
    Last edited by Sipex; 2012-11-23 at 11:47 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    super dark33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Yup.
    This is indeed hussie he is speaking to.
    Shqipper supreme. Purple Watchmaker of Light. Master class Thinkamancer. Infected with Rash Plague
    Erudite Dudebro. King in Yellow. Level 20 Omnistalt everything. Prince of Void
    Anxioused Aghast. Multipurpose Master at arms. Not a Vampire. Diesaster Master

  16. - Top - End - #1306
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The_Final_Stand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Alright, Caliborn beating on Gamzee has ceased to be funny and is now just sad. I am now deriving my amusement from Caliborn being tortured by the music.

    Also hey, apparently that radio tower thing is kinda important, if beating it with the crowbar can do what it did.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

    If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

  17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, DK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    The radio tower seems to be MSPA itself.

  18. - Top - End - #1308
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    knew it. that thing is the narrative fourth wall machine. It will probably be meaningful again someday soon.
    Monkey Playwright of the Improbability Drive Fan Club, Regardless, orcs should be people.

    Raziere Watches: One Piece Submerging Into Sabaody Part 4, UP!



  19. - Top - End - #1309
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    i wonder if the MSPA website will look all broken and messed up because of the crowbar for the next few updates.
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


  20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Copenhagen, DK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    i wonder if the MSPA website will look all broken and messed up because of the crowbar for the next few updates.
    I doubt it. It's more of a fun gimmick; in the long run it would just be annoying.

  21. - Top - End - #1311
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Androgeus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Carlisle, Englund
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    I just love watching Hussie getting knocked around at the bottom.
    HTML5 is awesome.
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2012-11-25 at 05:57 PM.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

  22. - Top - End - #1312
    Troll in the Playground
     
    smuchmuch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paradise

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelRogue View Post
    I doubt it. It's more of a fun gimmick; in the long run it would just be annoying.
    Oh i wouldn't be so quick to put it past Hussie, not after the whole 'broken disk' and 'Doc Scratch' interludes at the end of episode 5
    (ye gods, was the 'broken disk' thing annoying)
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

    Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

    -

  23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Scowling Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Its not worth it Caliborn. Candy corn tastes like ****.

  24. - Top - End - #1314
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    so…

    three kinds of screwed up sessions, null, void and dead.

    Caliborn gets the rawest deal, the dead session, the extreme difficulty session game where everything is jacked up to crazy hard, with no players to help him, no way to create a new universe and basically he has to do everything himself to succeed against the most hardest things. after of course, solving a bunch of puzzles with no one but Gamzee to help.

    I think we now know where all the crazy godlike power came from: Caliborn obviously succeeded, and in doing so he had to fight so hard and so much that his echeladder went through the roof, and then he god-tiered, and…then somehow became victorious at his dead session I guess.

    But with no new universe to create and inhabit, whats the victory condition? escape? defeating all the challenges? did the Choice change him into Lord English?

    so many questions...
    Monkey Playwright of the Improbability Drive Fan Club, Regardless, orcs should be people.

    Raziere Watches: One Piece Submerging Into Sabaody Part 4, UP!



  25. - Top - End - #1315
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    what i want to know is where the taste for entire flippin universes came in if LE is supposed to have once been just annother mortal kid.
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


  26. - Top - End - #1316
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Science Officer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Hmmm, dead sessions remind me of Earthbound's copy protection, where if your cartridge isn't valid it jacks the difficulty way up.

  27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BRC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    On Paper
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    what i want to know is where the taste for entire flippin universes came in if LE is supposed to have once been just annother mortal kid.
    Previously, my theory was that LE prototyped a Universe, and has basically just been grinding mobs for loot and XP.
    Now, I don't know. Probably something to do with this Bargain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler

  28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tectonic Robot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The States
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Caliborn is quite amusing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sipex View Post
    Sburban Jungle is one of my favourite songs in the current soundtrack. While this is an interesting take on the song it needs quite a bit of work, as it currently stands though, it just feels like the artist simply replaced all the tunes with instrumentals without regards to what instruments harmonize well together.

    Certain instruments take the melody at times when they shouldn't (the flute/clarinet sound that's everywhere is way too strong), and they often take it solo instead of as a culmination of sound which orchestra really should be.

    Also, the artist missed a great opportunity for an epic build up at the start.

    Good first attempt though, I've never listened to any artificial orchestration which I've thought sounded good so I'm guessing it's quite a feat to get something which works without an actual orchestra to back you up.

    edit: After re-listening to the song and sampling a few of the others by the author, I think the problem is he/she chooses songs which don't have enough depth to support an orchestra (depth meaning that it feels like the artist is only using 1/4 of the orchestra at any time, maybe 1/2 when things build up) and the artist doesn't add in the extra parts which would make the entire thing feel more natural.

    edit#2: More sampling seems to confirm my claim. The remixes which were based off of more 'natural' songs, with more parts and instruments (ie: not midi songs) translate much better to orchestra format.
    Whatchu talking 'bout? O.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    so…

    three kinds of screwed up sessions, null, void and dead.

    Caliborn gets the rawest deal, the dead session, the extreme difficulty session game where everything is jacked up to crazy hard, with no players to help him, no way to create a new universe and basically he has to do everything himself to succeed against the most hardest things. after of course, solving a bunch of puzzles with no one but Gamzee to help.

    I think we now know where all the crazy godlike power came from: Caliborn obviously succeeded, and in doing so he had to fight so hard and so much that his echeladder went through the roof, and then he god-tiered, and…then somehow became victorious at his dead session I guess.

    But with no new universe to create and inhabit, whats the victory condition? escape? defeating all the challenges? did the Choice change him into Lord English?

    so many questions...
    Its been said that by killing Calliope, Caliborn has completely stunted his emotional growth. He's trapped as an adolescent, and what's worse, and adolescent cherub, who are like, crazy violent people? His positive character traits, which is to say his peserverence and ambition will allow to take advantage of his screwed up session, which offers the hardest challenge but apparently the biggest reward. But all that's going to what's basically a crazy ultra-violent id-driven jerk-bag alien teenager.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2012-11-26 at 12:48 PM.
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

  29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    super dark33's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Hmmm...

    Maybe the lord of time can go back in time to BEFORE the starting of his own session, thus going back to earth as we know it?
    Shqipper supreme. Purple Watchmaker of Light. Master class Thinkamancer. Infected with Rash Plague
    Erudite Dudebro. King in Yellow. Level 20 Omnistalt everything. Prince of Void
    Anxioused Aghast. Multipurpose Master at arms. Not a Vampire. Diesaster Master

  30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

    Potato.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh... dear... This does not look good...
    Steam ID: The Great Squark

    Currently Playing: Magic: The Gathering, Warhammer 40,000 (Space Wolves and Necrons), Borderlands 2, Bioshock 2, Star Wars: Tie Fighter

    Spoiler: Play-by-Post Links
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •