New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

uu will be King of Time, or Pimp of Time.

Not Lord of Time, come on guys.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup. She's a troll fangirl alright.

Seriously girl, get some self esteem.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

That chain intrigues me. Perhaps there is hope that they do not share the same body after all!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    That chain intrigues me. Perhaps there is hope that they do not share the same body after all!
    On the other hand the fact that the face paint angers uu makes a point in favor of the shared-body theory.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

True, but he could also just find it annoying to look at. never know.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy crap even better!

Her Brother may want to escape from her, but he is chained. The chain may be to tough to cut.

But you know what isn't? Flesh. And you know whos missing a leg? His name contains the word "English".

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Holy crap even better!

Her Brother may want to escape from her, but he is chained. The chain may be to tough to cut.

But you know what isn't? Flesh. And you know whos missing a leg? His name contains the word "English".
    Hello, uu. I want to play a game.
    Truth resists simplicity.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Hello, uu. I want to play a game...
    ....Blow up a universe and pimp some ladies. I am a man of many tastes
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-06-19 at 07:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Holy crap even better!

... Makes sense...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Holy crap even better!

With their chained legs being shown side-by-side in an earlier strip, English is also missing the correct leg.

Edit: And isn't sawing off limbs to escape a Thing(tm) in Saw?
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2012-06-19 at 10:11 AM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

My freinds?

i think we have a theory.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Banned

I'm disappointed by the fact that we may never learn what kinds of powers limebloods actually have.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    And isn't sawing off limbs to escape a Thing(tm) in Saw?
    Yup. And uu LOVES playing games.

So yeah. We have a theory.

Edit: And also this theory
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-06-19 at 12:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Banned

OMG uGuu~!
    Spoiler
    Show

And this is hilarious!
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2012-06-19 at 02:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Hussie, you scamp.

edit:

Alright. I won't complain about the romance scheme anymore, but hussie isn't making it easy for me.

So Calliope can essentially only feel black-rom. But whats so titalating about auspicing? It involves black rom anyway. Just them preventing the two groups from killing each other (Gee isn't that romantic). Then Morialls. Thats also a thing about one person preventing the other from going off the rocker. Seriously? Calliope is daydreaming about being involved in preventing one dangerous person from going berserk.

Cherubs sure are weird.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-06-20 at 08:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Hussie, you scamp.

edit:

Alright. I won't complain about the romance scheme anymore, but hussie isn't making it easy for me.

So Calliope can essentially only feel black-rom. But whats so titillating about auspicing? It involves black rom anyway. Just them preventing the two groups from killing each other (Gee isn't that romantic). Then Morialls. Thats also a thing about one person preventing the other from going off the rocker. Seriously? Calliope is daydreaming about being involved in preventing one dangerous person from going berserk.

Cherubs sure are weird.
    Hey, if I was locked in a room with an insane brother who went berserk all the damn time, I'd probably be fantasizing about him calming the hell down too.

And actually, moirails are in some ways the nicest of the four quadrants. It's not just "preventing one dangerous person from going berserk", it's being the guy who is always there for someone else, always having someone who has your back and who you have the back of. Two people who can totally, perfectly trust each other, in a mostly-platonic way.

Other things that I've noticed:

1) The "both in the same body" idea seems to be losing weight. It looks like they might actually just be chained to each other in a weird way with the whole "neutral area of the room" thing.
    2) Calliope appears to have Doc Scratch's holster on her coatstand.
    3) Gamzee, you scamp. Using the blood of the Heir of Void to void out information, how cute. And creepy.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

And this is why I freakin' love Gamzee.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

18. - Top - End - #228
    Banned

I think Calliope's interest in trollmance is another reference to the fandom. That is that technically humans can only feel redrom but mspa fans are deeply fascinated with feeling the other three quandrants.

Also, I would like to point out some parallels:
    1. uu wants to write in Calliope's blood when he kills her.
    2. Gamzee wrote in his and the other trolls' blood when he went sober.
    3. Lord English's text cycles through various colors. They could the colors of universes he has killed.
    4. Interestingly, in regard to Gamzee writing notes in his own blood, he might have picked up this habit after going God tier. He most likely killed himself.
    Another point of fact regarding Gamzee is his destroyer role as Bard of Rage. His speech, in fact his typing quirk, to Karkat makes a lot more sense when you consider he came into his Role and might have bifurcated his personalities similar to Dirk's fragmentation.

Speaking of Dirk, I'm interested by the fact that Terezi can see him. It makes sense with her as the Seer of Mind and him being a fragment of Jake's mind. But it should be considered that without Jake he is still a wholesale fragment of Dirk's being, existing when Jake is no longer asleep. This suggests an overlay between Aspects: the decisions of Mind, the identity of Heart, the (theorised) relationships of Blood. I just found this train rather interesting to consider.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    1) The "both in the same body" idea seems to be losing weight. It looks like they might actually just be chained to each other in a weird way with the whole "neutral area of the room" thing.
    I'm not really seeing that as necessarily debunking the "same body" theory. Particularly since the hypothetical bed would be in neutral territory--only need one bed for one body, and since both of them could essentially sleep in it, it would have to be neutral.

Not that I'm sure I buy the "both in the same body" idea either, but I'm just saying I think it's still open.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    And actually, moirails are in some ways the nicest of the four quadrants. It's not just "preventing one dangerous person from going berserk", it's being the guy who is always there for someone else, always having someone who has your back and who you have the back of. Two people who can totally, perfectly trust each other, in a mostly-platonic way.
    Humans/ Trolls already have that. Its called friendship. Unless Morials are just a repackaged version. its exactly that- One person protects you, you calm the person down.

Except in Calliopes situation her brother abuses her and she can't do anything about it.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Humans/ Trolls already have that. Its called friendship. Unless Morials are just a repackaged version. its exactly that- One person protects you, you calm the person down.

Except in Calliopes situation her brother abuses her and she can't do anything about it.
    Basically, a morial's primary responsibilities are protection/moderation, but as part of those duties, (good) moirals naturally become very, very close friends.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Still. 3 of the quadrants in troll society are related to berserking ( And being friends with crazy people will not always turn out well. Crazy berserk people tend to be more....Berserk. Karkat has shoosh pap powers. I wouldn't be surprised if tons of Morials die trying to calm their opposite down), contempt, and hatred. And I remind you this existed in pre-scratch alternia as well.

Seriously Calliope why would you want any of this? Your more like some of the crazier fanbase then I would imagine.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Trolls had no concept of friendship because it was already part of their quadrant system. They use the word romance where we would use the word relationship. Their quadrant system breaks relationships into four varieties with defined roles and expectations.

Humans, on the other hand, define both friendship and love in extremely nebulous terms, based on personal tastes and perspectives. For instance, my definition of friend would be someone else's definition of best friend, and I would refer to what they would call friends as mere acquaintances. The roles and expectations of friends and loved ones are so poorly defined it is laughable. I mean, heck, what kind of love would we be talking about in the first place?

Put another way, the human definition of friends/family, lovers, co-workers, and enemies would actually be a bit like the troll quadrants - if said quadrant was drawn by Terezi. This isn't entirely true, of course. You know exactly what to expect from a moirail, but there are not really any set expectations for a friend.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Put another way, the human definition of friends/family, lovers, co-workers, and enemies would actually be a bit like the troll quadrants - if said quadrant was drawn by Terezi. This isn't entirely true, of course. You know exactly what to expect from a moirail, but there are not really any set expectations for a friend.
    Or perhaps uu.
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Still. 3 of the quadrants in troll society are related to berserking ( And being friends with crazy people will not always turn out well. Crazy berserk people tend to be more....Berserk. Karkat has shoosh pap powers. I wouldn't be surprised if tons of Morials die trying to calm their opposite down), contempt, and hatred. And I remind you this existed in pre-scratch alternia as well.

Seriously Calliope why would you want any of this? Your more like some of the crazier fanbase then I would imagine.
    Each new alien race Hussie introduces becomes increasingly Meta. Some of the Trolls serve as parodies of internet archetypes. The Cherubs appear to be representative of the Fandom itself, with Calliope as the Fandom, obsessed with Cosplaying, Art, and Fanfiction, and uu as the Hatedom, that part of many Fandoms that, despite claiming undying hatred for the work in question, keeps going back to it, and is as, if not more, familiar with it than the fans themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok Il shut up now before I begin to ramble about trollmance again. Unless Hussie throws coal into my fire. Again.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I mean, heck, what kind of love would we be talking about in the first place?
    Human romance sure is weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Banned

Huh, so Calliope has Object Duality specibi.

And...her glassy eyes are going to follow all movement aren't they?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp, looks like Shared Body is confirmed now. Unless something new and weird comes up to re-re-debunk it, which of course means it will. Hum.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Welp, looks like Shared Body is confirmed now. Unless something new and weird comes up to re-re-debunk it, which of course means it will. Hum.
    I'd say it's about a 50-50 chance right now. we have a lot of evidence for one body, but at the same time there are a few things that seem to point the other way.

At least it's not two trolls shairing a body.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show