New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I'd say it's about a 50-50 chance right now. we have a lot of evidence for one body, but at the same time there are a few things that seem to point the other way.
    Nevermind.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Red herrings, red herrings everywhere.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

The story is coming down to the wire and Hussie is getting rather blunt.
    lol

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

So the sarcophagus also causes gender swap. That is unless English goes through major surgery later.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    So the sarcophagus also causes gender swap. That is unless English goes through major surgery later.
    Or they simply don't have a gender. Wouldn't be the strangest thing about them, at any rate.

And yeah, can't say I was surprised. Looks like Huss finally went for a double reacharound with the foreshadowing, implying something very hard so the readers assume it must be a herring, then making it actually happen. Although really, even with that I was basically expecting this to happen.

Anyways, that's a very nice Red Sun they've got there. Wonder if it's any relation...
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Thats what I thought, too but the hero mode pic looks rather genderly.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-06-21 at 02:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Seems to be a repaint of Terezi's looking-at-the-sun bit. that could be why.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Anyways, that's a very nice Red Sun they've got there. Wonder if it's any relation...
    Now all they need is a Blue Sun and they'll be able to create the largest pixel ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm. A bit of a problem. If her chain goes to THAT leg, then her brother would have sown off his other leg instead......

10. - Top - End - #250

Hmmm. A bit of a problem. If her chain goes to THAT leg, then her brother would have sown off his other leg instead......
    You've got to flip it turnways.

In other words, only compare the character's asymmetrical detail when they are facing the same direction.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-06-21 at 04:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe as a last defiant act to her brother she binds her other leg instead? Like "If you want your stuff let me free"

Also the body horror. Just imagine calliope waking up as Lady English. With a peg leg.

edit:

What the?

The chain switches! Hussie messed up! Yes! I knew it!
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-06-21 at 05:11 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you look at Calliope when she's facing left, her chain is on her left leg. Lord English's sprite form seen facing left, and actual form, has his pegleg on his right. Presumably, uu's chain would also be on his right leg.

All these non-symmetrical sprite flipping shenanigans annoy me.

EDIT: Oh hey, someone posted the same thing. What I draw from this, is that someone drawn in Hero Mode is the "correct" drawing, and Hussie's just too lazy to create a separate sprite for assymetrical characters.

X2 EDIT COMBO: On the other hand, the caduceus symbol is on her right in Hero Mode, but on the same side as her chain in sprite mode.
    Last edited by The_Final_Stand; 2012-06-21 at 05:25 AM.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

13. - Top - End - #253

C'm'on, sprite flipping (and the resulting inversion of sides) is a long running joke in MSPA and it has even been a plot point in the Midnight Crew intermission. It's not laziness at this point, it's adherence to form.
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003200
    http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003249
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-06-21 at 05:36 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

This isn't mentioned as a joke. Plus that other arc was mostly comedic.

This is a plot critical moment.

15. - Top - End - #255

This isn't mentioned as a joke. Plus that other arc was mostly comedic.

This is a plot critical moment.
    What do you mean, right now in Calliope's stuff? No, it's not mentioned as a joke, because it is not mentioned at all. Any mention would be extraneous. I mean, there's (with rare exceptions) no mention either when characters routinely the way they are drawn, going into scribble mode or action panels or whatever, because it'd be completely pointless.

It's just sprites behaving like they have always done, since the very first time they flipped. It has no significance at all. The leg bound by uu is the one in the foreground; the leg bound by UU is the one in the background. This is the true constant. Right and left are illusions.

UU will shackle the background leg before going to sleep, and uu will unshackle the foreground leg after waking up, then will saw the background leg so as to roam freely. That way, he will be able to use UU's computer and probably impersonate her, at least for Sburb purposes, creating that session of one.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-06-21 at 07:15 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes this is sprite flipping but I attribute it to a mistake because this wasn't funny. Thats the important part of a joke.

And whatever honestly.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

And now with all these red herrings and chekhov's guns double mobius reach-arounds, I still have no idea if Hussie successfully trolled hussied me.
    Ah well, that's why I love Homestuck. And there are still so many apparently-insignificant details that will come back and bite my brain in the butt when I least expect it.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooo, since their sun is a Red Supergiant apparently about to eat the planet, anyone else thinks they are also on Earth?

19. - Top - End - #259

Yes this is sprite flipping but I attribute it to a mistake because this wasn't funny. Thats the important part of a joke.

And whatever honestly.
    It doesn't have to constantly be a joke to be a thing. In fact, if it was a thing that happened only when a joke was being made about it, it'd invalidate the joke entirely, as it'd be something out of nowhere. To poke fun at a quirk, the quirk has to exist outside of the joke.

Imagine there's a running gag introduced where Lord English falls down the stairs [omg SBaHJ reference!] because of his clumsy pegleg. And that whenever he's not falling down stairs, he has two healthy, fleshy legs. The joke that he's clumsy on his pegleg wouldn't be a joke, it'd be bull dropping.

Or, to use another example: look at this page. Can you say "I attribute the lack of arms on Calliope in that picture as a mistake because there's no 'retrieve arms from safe' joke being made so this page isn't funny and therefore sprites should work like they never do. That's the important part of not being a constant joke." ?

TL;DR: sprite flipping is not a mistake. It is How Things Work in MSPA, even when there are no laugh tracks provided, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    Sooo, since their sun is a Red Supergiant apparently about to eat the planet, anyone else thinks they are also on Earth?
    No. The Sun will never grow into a red supergiant; it'll merely grow into a red giant that'll then deflate into a white dwarf.

Also, the Homestuck Solar System gets destroyed by the red miles in year 2413 or so, more than five (short-scale) billion years before the Sun would get to start to grow into a red giant.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Still more likely the uU's exist in the universe the kids are about to create.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm trying to figure out some sort of Red Sun/Green Sun parallel, but I can't think of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

iiiii'm pretty sure this is just a normal star. it's just very, very old.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Still more likely the uU's exist in the universe the kids are about to create.
    Given Jake's fondness for skulls, that's not an unreasonable theory.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Damn you. I wanted to be the first to post this no-doubt-soon-to-be-Hussie'd theory.
    Homebrew Directory
    Best summation of Internet arguments:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander Forums
    And now I leave you to rant and rave over how I just don't get it with a smug sense of self-satisfaction, I leave with a smug sense of self-satisfaction over having made a pointless reply to a pointless rant on the internet

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp, not only is it earth, but it's post-scratch earth. What with the SBaHJ Statues of Liberty all over the place. Looks like miles destroyed all life on earth and caused the sun to turn big and red, which makes sense in retrospect, what with the red miles and all.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

How?

How?

Err... Did PM save the post-scratch universe from total destruction or something? Or How else did the universe survive long enough for the kid's universe to survive (assuming the jpeg statues of liberty didn't float all the way into the furthest ring and then land in an asteroid in the Cherub's session, which I'm not going to completely rule out yet).
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-06-21 at 11:45 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe they are on Mars. Also, if Lord English enters the universe at the end of it and uu is a young-lord English they could have come there during the process of ending and stayed long enough to enter their session.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

the statues don’t necessarily mean that it's earth, i mean we only have on statue of liberty right?

Could be that someone decides to make a ton of SBaHJ statues of liberty and they get caught on a meteor at some point or something.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

the statues don’t necessarily mean that it's earth, i mean we only have on statue of liberty right?

Could be that someone decides to make a ton of SBaHJ statues of liberty and they get caught on a meteor at some point or something.
    Oh derp. Of course, this is the meteor that the trolls are (were) on, and of course at some point Dave made (will make) a ton of SBaHJ statues of liberty. Probably after arriving, since none of them seem to be on the meteor itself. I suspect we'll be seeing some kind of planet of the apes SBaHJ parody in the near future.

That still means that this is post-scratch kids' universe. Could be mars instead of earth, but I suspect it's earth simply because that's where everything else is going on.

Edit: Specifically, what I expect happens is that the meteor lands, dave comes out and sees Statue of Liberty, Planet of the Apes re-enactment occurs, and then he starts taking pictures of it with the SBaHJ-ifier while everyone else freaks out about whatever Gamzee is going to do.
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2012-06-22 at 02:04 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

To be fair, the post-scratch universe probably already had a good number of jpeg statues of liberty in orbit, thanks to Dirk's Bro. Dirk did mention that some of them did eventually fall to the ground, suggesting the orbit they were in wasn't stable.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe