Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 147
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    The Ruby Knight listens attentively throughout the speech, although as the giant speaks, she shifts from one foot to another; she does not seem wholly aware of this movement, and it suggests that, despite her apparent rough and scholarly appearance at the moment, she is a woman of action.

    At last, when the man is finished, she nods. "I will not bring arms against the Duke or his people, so long as he lives, with one caveat, and that is of my prior oath. Should he offend the Ruby Sorceress, and she demand his destruction, I will not stay my hand for this sake." Her lips quirk at the end of the statement. "If you think he can avoid drawing the personal wrath of the Goddess of Death, however, we should have no problems."
    Drew

    This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    Cerran considers Luthor's words carefully. As he weighs them, he looks to each member of the gathered party in turn, seemingly in thought. While doing this, however, he projects a telepathic message to everyone in the room except Luthor. He modulates the psychic projection to mimic his speaking voice, hoping the others will recognise it.

    <<We have gathered here with a goal: to find and restore the Temple of the Nine Swords. This I mean to see through. Each of us brings different skills - this mode of communication is one of mine, but in context not nearly as valuable as another. In a past life, a life among lives stretching back ages, I have been to the Temple of Nine Swords. I have encountered their foes, rakshasas and worse, seeking to forever close the Sublime Way. I have fought one of their masters. I have climbed the temple steps in a land much warmer than this.

    For all of this, the details are lost to me, like early childhood memories might be patchy for you. I believe this offer is an excellent lead, and the Duke's support in these lands could be invaluable.>>


    Cerran seems to come to a decision, stands, and addresses Luthor. "I do not presume to speak for everyone gathered here, but myself? I will agree to these terms, with one clarification. I take oaths rarely and seriously. I will swear not to challenge the Duke's authority nor take arms against the sovereign state of Antric, within this generation, unless Antric takes arms or action against me or my compatriots outside the governance of law and the terms of our agreement. This I will swear by the Light and my hope of salvation, if it is agreeable to you brother?
    Last edited by Ithandor; 2012-06-02 at 05:20 AM.
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Luthor nods. "Yes, of course. Your concern for the particulars reflects well on you. I cannot expect a priest to offer any commitment above her devotion to her deity, nor can I ask anyone to stay their hand in the unlikely event that Antric threatens you first somehow. The Duke places great faith in you - faith which I hope to see extend both ways. These letters of safe passage have no expiration, so I believe His Excellency means to make you always welcome here."

    "On behalf of Antric, I accept your oaths." He nods solemnly at Aer, Oro, and Cerran in turn, then looks at the others.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Ran

    Ran nods once more. "I accept these terms. I never would have reason to do otherwise."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Imperious chuckles richly, in a fashion not far removed from demented before he exults," Jolly good! No problems with that oath at all. Always thought Antric was quite a clever fellow. Nice to hear we've got a solid start already!"

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    After hearing the conditions:
    ...how long was a generation for humans again?...50 years? Something like that I think...

    "If Antric would be at war with my people I will fight. If there is a tournament and Antric's representative is there I will fight. If any of Antric attacks me or my companions I will fight. If you wish to hide behind an oath in other cases, so be it. I swear not to bear arms against Antric, except as in aforementioned conditions, till the Duke reigns."

    All of that said in quiet, confident voice. A bit mocking at times.

    [DM only]
    Spoiler
    Show

    Knowledge (Local) to check if the oath doesn't violate any Errun laws.
    (1d20+9)[24]

    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-06-02 at 10:14 AM.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    The half-giant nods at Ran, Imperious, and Annabel. "I accept your oaths on behalf of Antric." He looks at Conner speculatively.

    Lexin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't violate the code. Legally speaking, High Erruni don't really take promises to the short-lived races very seriously anyhow. The attitude involved is sort of like promising someone else's 5 year old kid that Santa will bring them toys if they are good. On the other hand, a promise to a dragon, fey, or Outsider would be very serious indeed, because those races tend to actually know what they are talking about.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    12 seconds to your left
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Conner squirms uncomfortably under the half-giant's gaze.

    "I'm not in the habit of swearing oaths. Swear too many, and you're guaranteed to break at least one if you so much as visit the privy. I swear that the Duke need not count me among his enemies so long as he behaves as he has in the past, with regard for the well-being of the common folk in mind."
    Avatar by the incomparable Herpestidae.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Luthor nods. "Fairly given. On behalf of Antric, I accept this oath." He looks at the room. "Now I will relate to you the mission, and the cause of my secrecy."

    "Many of you know that Khaz-Karan, the dwarven city, lies in the mountains to the west. Though ancient enemies of the goblins, they have been strangely silent in this war. We have had mercenaries come out of the mountains, but none remember seeing any dwarves in years. The few dwarves that have come from the west to join us are not of Khaz-Karan.

    "The Duke fears some terrible fate has come to the dwarves. However, there is the army of the undead massing in the Black Hills that lie between here and the mountains to consider. Due to the delicate balance of power in the war, for years he dared not move a large force into the area, or risk opening another front that we were ill-prepared to fight on. But now the goblins are on the defensive, and we have breathing room. Something must be done. The friendship between the dwarves of Khaz-Karan and the men of Antric is not to be discarded.

    "Find out what has happened to Khaz-Karan. The letters in here," he indicates the message tube, "are the first set of letters of passage, valid within Antric. They will probably do you no good against the undead, but any human, dwarven, or elven officials should respect them. I will take down your names as the rightful bearers of these, even as I will record that I have received your oaths - with qualifiers.

    "The actual location of the city is kept secret, and dwarves shoot giants and goblins on sight to keep it that way. Fey and humans have been allowed of old, when agreements stood to have arms and armor forged there. When you get near, if the dwarves still live in the city, their scouts will find you and direct you. If they do not, your task will be more difficult, but you are all experienced soldiers and adventurers. You would then need to look for clues about what happened in the city itself.

    "The main danger in this trip is the necromancer. The 'Lady of the Black Hills,' as they call her, is powerful and unpredictable. Tread carefully. We would value any information on her, but not at the cost of exposing you to her.

    "To avoid panic or speculation, we have been very quiet about the dwarves. I think it would be best if you avoided talking about this in public."
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    The Ruby Knight nods throughout the speech; she seems intent on taking in the facts presented.

    "I know well to keep secrets," she says. "And death holds no fear for me. I will ferret out this necromancer's secrets, if the opportunity presents itself. My Lady has no patience for such things." She grins, an almost feral expression on her face.
    Drew

    This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    12 seconds to your left
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Conner smiles at the Duke's ingenuity. A small, elite force could accomplish what armies couldn't, while going unnoticed by the Lady of the Black Hills.

    "Our first priority is the dwarven city, not the undead. Let's not go out of our way to make trouble for ourselves."
    Avatar by the incomparable Herpestidae.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    " Good idea about keeping the whole thing hush-hush. Wouldn't want to startle the horses, after all." Imperious agrees with a sage and august nod, stroking at his chin despite the obvious absence of a beard upon it.

    " Who wants to put down some bub on whether the Lady of the Whatsits is somehow to blame for the silence of Khaz-Kharan?" The foreign noble asks, looking around the room. " I'm thinking... zombie dwarves. In pairs. One standing on the other's shoulders."

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    12 seconds to your left
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Conner strokes his chin and responds in a half-serious tone, "Standing on each others' shoulders, eh? That would effectively double their head-butt and bite range."
    Avatar by the incomparable Herpestidae.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    " The real question, I suspect, is if they would groan for,' Brrrraaains' or instead if they would go for,'Bbbbbbeeeer'. I've never met a dwarf that could resist a good stout." He clears his throat. " Perhaps, for obvious reasons."
    Last edited by Oh My God; 2012-06-02 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Grammar >_<

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    "We make for the Black Hills and Khaz-Karan, then. With any luck, the dwarves simply decided to weather the war by retreating into their halls and fortifications" Cerran postulates, though he does not sound like he believes this to be likely.

    "I suggest we make suitable preparations for our journey. To that end, Luthor, would it be possible to advance some or all of our payment for this endeavor, so that we might equip accordingly?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy for an advance payment: (1d20+6)[11]
    Knowledge(local) for magical supplies in the city: (1d20+12)[30]
    Knowledge(geography) for best route to take to the Black Hills and Khaz-Karan: (1d20+12)[17]
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Khaz-Karan, the lost dwarven city, Aer hadn't been there, ever. Haven't been even close. But he supposed that the path of the sword takes unsuspected ways.

    -Sir Luthor, for how long have you been without news of Khaz-Karan? If the dwarves are still there they might take us for intruders before reading the letters and shoot us on sight.

    Aer raises his shoulders, if the dwarves are going to shoot them they are going to shoot them, considering it before it happens wouldn't help them at all.

    -Imperious, i'll rather have the dwarves with another dwarf over its shoulder than an empty head craving for brains soaked in beer, it would be easier to decapitate them. But zombie dwarves will certainly difficult locating Khaz-Karan, unless...

    Aer gazes the knight of the Ruby Lady with respect.

    -Knight d'Wee any chance that you can extract information from the undead? And if possible keep us hidden from them? It might fall under your area of expertise.
    Currently playing:
    Aer the Raven in the refounding of the temple of nine swords.
    Estef in From Splendor to Shadow
    DMing Here be Dragons IC & OOC

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Ran

    "There is no need for you to worry about being mistaken as intruders. If they are indeed holed up, I can get us in safely, so long as you remain behind me if the time comes" He smiled. He wasn't about to reveal his heritage, but he was confident he could explain away a disguise if he needed to.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ithandor View Post
    "I suggest we make suitable preparations for our journey. To that end, Luthor, would it be possible to advance some or all of our payment for this endeavor, so that we might equip accordingly?"
    Luthor hesitates. "Any payment will have to be authorized by the treasury, but I will see if I can get them to give you some money later today. Is there a particular item you want? I can see if we have it, and give it to you without the markup the merchants here use, taking the cost out of the payment."

    Spoiler
    Show
    You can indeed buy magical items in this city. It's a good thing you have a lot of contacts amongst the various mercenaries. However, there's some price inflation - this is a war zone, after all. How much inflation depends on whether they owe you favors or you owe them favors.

    The best route through the Black Hills is probably straight west following the road, if you want to be fastest. However, if you want to avoid detection, you may wish to avoid the road. In that case you can detour SW or NW around the bulk of the hills - SW is easier, NW is the very long way around.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryr View Post
    -Sir Luthor, for how long have you been without news of Khaz-Karan? If the dwarves are still there they might take us for intruders before reading the letters and shoot us on sight.
    "At least three years," the half-giant says simply. "Maybe more. We did not think much of it at first - the war was pressing."

    He holds up the tube. "I assume none of you will object if I break the seal and record your names on these travel papers now."
    Last edited by moritheil; 2012-06-03 at 01:28 PM.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Ran

    "I see no reason to object. And since I am the least famous person among us, to the point where my new companions have yet to hear my name, I am Ran. Just Ran."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Annabel, Conner, Oro (Sense Motive):

    Spoiler
    Show
    Luthor didn't really answer the second half of Aer's question, but it doesn't seem like he's hiding anything intentionally. He probably hasn't seriously considered the idea that dwarves would be hostile to humans except by mistake.
    Last edited by moritheil; 2012-06-03 at 05:28 PM.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    12 seconds to your left
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    "Well, thank you for everything, Luthor. By all means, make with the name recording. I don't suppose anyone would care to help me get some groceries? We'll need rations for this trip, I think."
    Avatar by the incomparable Herpestidae.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    The situation of dwarves sounds both interesting and boring for Annabel. Interesting, because something that threatened dwarves, quite good warriors, could be a worthy enemy. On the other hand... it still sounds like helping weaklings... She also smirks at the mention of buying rations.
    They are so... helpless.

    "Luthor, right? You mentioned Legendary weapon, where is it? What else should we expect there? And what is there that Duke cannot acquire himself?"
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-06-04 at 08:21 AM. Reason: I wrote that much too late

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    The half-giant nods at the high errun. "I don't know much about it. You'll have to talk to His Excellency when you get back from Khaz-Karan. He probably could retrieve it himself, if he really wanted to - I think he just never had time.

    "He is good with a sword," Luthor adds, by way of explanation. "Better than many I have seen. He used to adventure himself, but then his father died, and he became Duke."
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Aer the Raven

    Aer ponders the answer of Luthor considering that maybe Khaz-Karanites or whatever the people from Khaz-Kharan were called might be a little over the edges when it came to strangers. Three years without exterior contact was quite a lot.

    -I don't have a problem with recording my name Sir Luthor. By the way, three years is quite a lot of time, has something happened recently, barring the war, that has made the aid of the dwarves more necessary?

    There was also the option that they were suspecting the dwarves of something foul, but he doubted that Sir Luthor would answer that, since it might scare the adventuring party. Aer looked at Ran the last one to introduce himself and accepted the fact that he, somehow, could deal with the dwarves, and looked at Conner. With a movement of his cloak he revealed a piece of traveler's bread, it seemed freshly backed and tasteful. Aer passed it to the Iron Lotus with a throw.

    -It tastes good but after a month on the road you will be hoping to have something else. I can feed myself and no more than two people, Rev can feed himself easily.

    everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Traveler Cloak, best magic item ever
    Currently playing:
    Aer the Raven in the refounding of the temple of nine swords.
    Estef in From Splendor to Shadow
    DMing Here be Dragons IC & OOC

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    12 seconds to your left
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    "Impressive, Aer. I'll see if I can round up some rations for the rest of us. If it can only feed three people, it won't kep our bellies full, but it will be enough to keep us from starving."

    Everyone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would anyone care to pool our cash to purchase a mule and a wagon to carry supplies? We might need it if we're taking the long way around, or if we have a lot of loot to carry.
    Avatar by the incomparable Herpestidae.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    Luthor hesitates. "Any payment will have to be authorized by the treasury, but I will see if I can get them to give you some money later today. Is there a particular item you want? I can see if we have it, and give it to you without the markup the merchants here use, taking the cost out of the payment."
    "If possible, scrolls of a few arcane spells would be most useful - such things can be very difficult to find on the road when one needs them most. Specifically, I could use Locate City, Mirror Image and Anticipate Teleportation. In addition, I would need the arcane focus for the latter - a small platinum hourglass worth no less than five hundred gold pieces."

    Cerran looks around the room. "If anyone else could benefit from arcane spells, please let me know, I will try to do my best to assist with my limited resources."
    Last edited by Ithandor; 2012-06-04 at 07:22 PM.
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeryr View Post
    I don't have a problem with recording my name Sir Luthor. By the way, three years is quite a lot of time, has something happened recently, barring the war, that has made the aid of the dwarves more necessary?
    "No, you are right, Aer. The dwarven army seems less necessary with the goblins routed. But we must have arms and armor made, and their workmanship is the finest." He pauses. "I was not sure I should mention this, in case you ran into that necromancer, but you have the right to know. If the undead army should attack, the dwarves would be natural allies against it. I'm sure they like it no more than we. That, if anything, would be the reason their army may be needed in the future.

    "Try to stay on their good side, if you find them. We don't want to provoke them - or even the necromancer - if it can be helped."

    The priest nods at Cerran's request for magical supplies. "You may have to come with me later, to make sure we get everything right."
    Last edited by moritheil; 2012-06-04 at 08:04 PM.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    Cerran returns the priest's nod, "Of course".

    Addressing the others in the room once more, Cerran continues. "From what I recall of the roads to the Black Hills, we have three options for travel. The most direct, fastest route is probably straight west, following the road. However, if we wish to avoid detection we would probably want to avoid the main thoroughfare through the Hills. To this end, we could skirt around the hills, south- or north-west. The southern road is probably easier, for the northern route would, I guess, be very long. Does this assessment seem accurate to you, Luthor?
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Luthor blinks. "Going south around will avoid most of the hills. Going north is more likely to get you spotted by the goblin army, unless you can cut things just right. They are still active up north. It's still not as bad as encountering the necromancer, but probably worse than whatever animals or bandits live to the south.

    "Unless there are demons left to the south," he adds after a moment.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Oro raises a cautious hand. "To offer full disclosure, I should warn you that I am not...specialized in dealing with the undead. I can command some of the weakest, but my skills are mostly focused to dealing with the spellcasters that command them."
    Drew

    This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •