Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 147
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Ran

    "Destroying Undead requires no special skills. Simply cut them up until they can no longer function. I believe though that we should take the southern route, avoid being noticed as long as possible."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Aer the Raven

    The man caresses its neck thinking on what has been said.

    -I'll rather risk the undead than the demons, and I'll rather not risk alerting the goblinoids of our movements at least for now.

    He looks first at Cerran and at Sir Luthor later.

    -Could you add a scroll of or two of Lay of the land? A map of the zone, something recent if possible, and a working compass will also be rather useful.

    Then he shifts his gaze towards Oro d'Wee.

    -In the past I have been able to hide from undead with a little help of magic, borrowed from sacred writings but I am sure that your skills will be much better than mine in that direction. Maybe you could ask the Ruby Sorceress for aid in the journey to come? Being undetectable to the lesser undead will certainly enhance our chances of passing unnoticed.

    And finally he gives a hard look at Ran.

    -I'll rather not have to cut them repeteadly, most of the time just geting a barrier between you and them does the job just allright.
    Currently playing:
    Aer the Raven in the refounding of the temple of nine swords.
    Estef in From Splendor to Shadow
    DMing Here be Dragons IC & OOC

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Annabel Zarathi

    "Actually encounter with demons sounds much more interesting than the one with undead... on the other hand killing everything in our way isn't the objective, but finding out what happened to dwarves is. So either shortest route or southern I would say."

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    The swift path is the one I vote for. If we're voting. I can't tell, and actually, that would suggest this little bande a parte possessed some sort of democraticazation. Strange notion, that."

    Imperious harrumphs, and then concludes. " In any event; the sooner we're to the dwarves and back again, the sooner we can be about our actual business!"

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Conner raises his hand high.

    "I vote for the southern route. All in favor?"
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Annabel quietly raises her hand, voting for southern route.

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    " Fine, fine. If we must vote, let it be the southern route."

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    "I will walk any route required of me," Oro says blandly. "I am certain all of them will lead to necessary violence, wherein I will do my best to help us achieve our...ultimate goal."
    Drew

    This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Ran

    "Majority rules was it? The southern route it is. Heavens knows thats five votes already" he pauses. Then realizes his mistake. "Yea I vote we go that way too. I make five. So when are we gonna be ready? I know we need to wait on some spells, but does anyone else have any plans?" He spoke fast and clearly, both contrary to his previous statements.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    "The southern route is fine for me... between roving demons or the possibility of alerting the undead to our presence as we pass, it seems there is a good chance we'll run into trouble either way." Cerran continues, "In terms of when I'll be ready to leave Ran, with Luthor's aid in providing supplies I will need two days study for each new spell to be learnt. Four days should suffice for our immediate needs - I would rather not fight hellspawn without the ability to interfere with their teleportation, and the ability to divine the location of the city could be crucial in the event there are no dwarves there to.. em... welcome us."
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Luthor takes down each of your names and provides you with your letters of passage.

    "If you have any further need of me, feel free to inquire at the Temple of St. Cuthbert. Cerran, I will see you later at the Armory. Until then, may the gods be with you."

    He salutes you all, and turns to leave.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Oro turns to walk with him, so as not to delay the cleric. "Just one more question. Do you recall if the creatures that mark the southern route are beings of orderly evil, or those of chaos? It might very well make a difference for our success or failure to know."
    Drew

    This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Luthor pauses at the door. "The demon that led them has been identified as a marilith. They are of chaos."

    Nodding at Oro, he walks out the door.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Aer the Raven

    Aer shakes his head and looks at the gathering. Demons it is it seems. Well demons will be. Hungry soul feasting demons. Of course, undead are much harder to deal with. Yep. They are.

    -South is it then?

    Aer stands after Luthor and walks towards the common room.

    -I shall be outside, giving a last show before leaving. If someone wishes to spar this soldiers here certainly will appreciate it.

    Once he walks into the common room Rev lands on his shoulders, with the back of his hand he caresses the neck of the black bird.

    -Coin, Coin, Coin

    -Yes, coin, but fill me in.

    With a serious glance that lasts no longer than a heart beat, Aer looks at its familiar and for a second it seems that a glitter of intelligence shines behind the dark eyes of Rev.
    Currently playing:
    Aer the Raven in the refounding of the temple of nine swords.
    Estef in From Splendor to Shadow
    DMing Here be Dragons IC & OOC

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground
     
    moritheil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Days pass. Cerran visits the Armory and obtains magical materials, after going with Luthor to plead their case before some treasury officials. Oro consults several eye-witness reports and verifies that the demons encountered months ago were indeed from the Abyss. Aer participates in a few sparring matches and soundly thrashes the unfortunate soldiers who wind up opposing him. Annabel makes inquiries and discovers that Luthor's church will be happy to sell holy water at cost.

    Connor attempts to cash in some of the funds to obtain a mule and wagon. Luthor helps him do this. Imperious gives an amusing lecture on proper modes of governance and administration that leaves one accountant clutching her gut laughing, and others shaking their heads. Ran purchases food and water for the road ahead.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

    You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Aer the Raven

    It seems that the day to leave towards the lost dwarven city has finally arrived. Aer gives his best regards to the troops stationed there, and trades several jokes with the soldiers. In his time at the Inn he had meet some nice people and departing was mandatory. It was not a sad thing, for Aer enjoyed the traveler's live, specially when it was following the path of the sword.

    He meets his new travel companions at the appointed time in front of the wagon.

    -Whenever you are ready.
    Currently playing:
    Aer the Raven in the refounding of the temple of nine swords.
    Estef in From Splendor to Shadow
    DMing Here be Dragons IC & OOC

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Ran

    Being the first time he had seen the other in two days, he made his way to the wagon quickly, his spear strapped to his back and his hair, not brown anymore, had become dirty blonde, and he himself appeared to have grown a few inchs. He still bore the same basic face the others recognized, but upon close inspection one would think somethings unusual.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Oro arrives shortly after Aer. Although she wears a heavy suit of armor, she moves with easy grace. A ring rests on each of her index fingers, one of them a simple platinum.

    Her maul is slung over her back. She nods to Aer and Ran.
    Drew

    This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    Cerran arrives to find Ran, Aer and Oro already at the designated meeting point. Not a bad day to set out, Cerran decides. After days spent poring over arcane texts in study, it felt good to be out in the fresh air again. He nods to the others as he approaches, slightly adjusting the strap holding the glaive to his back. "Good afternoon gentlemen, m'lady."
    Last edited by Ithandor; 2012-06-09 at 08:13 AM.
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    The ostentatious form of Imperious approaches the rendezvous point, and he's muttering the whole way, his peasant squire trailing some distance behind him carrying a large bundle. " ... bloody savages. No idea how backwards they are, prancing about with -coins- jingle jangle jingling in their pockets. Everyone and their uncle's cousin knows that bearer bonds are the proper foundation...," and that sentence trails off in to oblivion as he realizes he's arrived at the departure.

    " Oh! Jolly good! Thought I was going to go stir crazy, waiting to hit the road again. Squire Beans! Stow the tent, and prepare yourself for disembarkaration!" barks Imperious, ah, imperiously. It is worth noting that this peasant is someone -entirely different- than the peasant he was shouting at at the tavern several days earlier.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lexin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Annabel arrives late again, if it wasn't for Imperious and his loud behavior she would still be looking. [thoughts] I really need to buy a map or something...

    Before, she took some time (and funds) to buy the holy water, judging it could be useful in encounters with demons.

    Now she approaches others, giving each a short nod as greeting and waits for them to set off.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Is someone holding these 5k gp on character sheet? Or was it distributed between everyone?
    If the first, take 100 from it (and I will hold 4 flasks of Holy water).

    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

    “Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Once everyone is assembled, Oro gives the group a careful assessment. "I know we are all warriors, but I must know - which among you are most fragile in battle? I bear magic capable of shielding a companion from damage." She produces a platinum ring, a duplicate of the one on her right hand.
    Drew

    This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Arriving quite late, Conner's shouts can be heard around a corner. As Conner turns the corner, the reason for his tardiness becomes clear. It seems that the young warblade has inadvertently purchased a very stubborn mule. As Conner attempts to drag the mule (and thusly the cart) over, he can be heard threatening the intractable beast between grunts.

    "I've overcome goblins-hrgh!-zombies-argh!-and the occaisional demon-grrr!-you don't stand a chance against me you, you mule!"
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    Cerran eyes the mule that Conner is half leading, half dragging towards the group. Inwardly, he sighs. I can't wait to see what his Grace makes of this.

    He answers Oro, "Knight de'Wee, if noone else is forthcoming, I would welcome additional protection. I aim not to get hit, but that aim can be foiled by the aims of others, as it were."
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Conner stops a moment to catch his breath.

    "Hello, everyone. What's this about aims , now?"
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey
    "Greetings, Conner." Cerran gestures to Oro, "Knight de'Wee was inquiring as to who amongst us would benefit most from additional divine protection. Personally I'll never turn away additional preparation, though of course if others are in need I, Mystra willing, should manage fine."
    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    "Oh, well, don't worry about me. I can take a hit. In fact, it's more or less expected of practitioners of Iron Heart."
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Aer the Raven

    -Why don't we discuss that while we march? It's not like we have all the time of the world we should use the light hours.

    He jumps into the wagon and looks at the rest of the party with a "come on" look.

    -On getting, hit, I don't think anyone here likes to get hit, I will advice that you decide on that on your own Sir Knight.

    Aer's routine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aer likes to dance around, he does some exercises in the early morning, to keep his muscles from getting sore. He will be keeping bolstering voice on from this very moment. He repeats those dancing exercises once at noon and another time before going to sleep.

    At early morning he also sacrifices one of his spells to power the shield bracer.

    Most of the time he sips cold tea on the wagon and handles some to whoever appears to be thirsty, having an awesome cloak of awesomeness is awesome.

    He expends his time familiarizing himself with the area and keeping a travel journal

    Rev, the familiar, flies arround the wagon and does a raven life
    Last edited by Aeryr; 2012-06-12 at 05:13 AM.
    Currently playing:
    Aer the Raven in the refounding of the temple of nine swords.
    Estef in From Splendor to Shadow
    DMing Here be Dragons IC & OOC

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    Cerran the Grey

    "Yes, indeed, let's get going."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Daily routine/buffs:
    1. Greater Mage Armor, cast with Lesser Metamagic Rod (Extend) on myself - Duration: 20 hours.
    2. Anticipate Teleportation, cast on myself - Duration: 24 hours.
    3. Greater Resistance, cast on myself - Duration: 24 hours.
    4. Sacrifice the slot preparing Enlarge Person into Shield Bracer.
    5. Cast Evard's Black Tentacles into Mystic Phoenix Stance for DR 8/evil. Cerran maintains this stance all day.

      Cerran applies the above every day when he gets up.

    Characters:
    Kirael Ellindre

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: [3.5] The Refounding [IC]

    " Protection from harm you say? Interesting. Innnnteresting." Imperious strokes at his chin, obviously thinking about this concept. " In fact, the more that I think about it, the better that sounds. I would rather enjoy not being hit. It is... it is... oh, dash it. I've gone and lost my words. The.. dregs? The... nutters?."

    " The pits, sir?," suggests the new(?) 'Squire Beans', the peasant making a play for favor and prestige (or, perhaps, just tired of the purple haired man searching for words).

    " Splendid! The pits, indeed. Thank you, Squire Beans. Good show. So count me as interested in that extra bit of safety," Imperious reconfirms, nodding for emphasis.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Even though he has a load of hit points, owing to his Aruntar traits, Imperious would most definitely benefit from any sort of damage shield could be provided.

    Daily Routine:

    1. Yell at Squire Beans, then immediately compliment him/her on his posture, moral rectitude, and ability to carry a tune.

    2. Before each evening meal, he stands, holds up a glass of whatever he is drinking that evening, and toasts," King and Country!"

    3. Every morning after rising and evening before sleeping, he performs an outlandish routine of 'calisthenics', which mostly seems to involve jumping jacks, shadow boxing, and bizarre stretches.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •