Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords OOC II

Alright, since the last OOC thread was getting ponderous, I have taken the liberty of crafting us a new one! This opening post will remain for tracking some of the random things you come across, as well as quest updates and character sheet quicklinks. If ever you feel something should be added to the OP, ask and ye shall receive.

Treasure Thus Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    +4 Spiritswing Shamshir - level 19
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possible Weapons: Heavy Blades
    Enhancement: +4 attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +4d8 psychic damage
    Property: When you hit a creature with this weapon, it loses the insubstantial quality (if it has it) and cannot phase, both until the end of your next turn.
    Power (At-Will Psychic): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is psychic damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.

The first blade enchanted by the ghost in her final form. It contains what's left of her demented psyche. Transfered to a fresh longsword and currently OT: Medinah.

+4 Wyvernsong Shamshir - level 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possible Weapons: Heavy Blade, Light Blade, Spear
    Enhancement: +4 attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: Ongoing 10 poison and acid damage (save ends)
    Property: When you hit a target with this weapon that is taking ongoing damage, it takes a -4 penalty to saving throws against ongoing damage (save ends).
    Power (At-Will Acid, Poison): Free Action. All damage dealt by this weapon is acid damage and poison damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.

The second blade enchanted by the ghost when she assumed her final form. Currently OT: Rahman, transferred to Voice. The transfer destroyed the basic enchantment on Voice, netting Rahman some 9000 residuum.

+2 Clearsighted Wand of Howling Wall
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 9 Item; 4200 GP
    Property: When you use the wizard spell howling wall, you remove any obscuring terrain within the wall such as smoke, fog or steam, until the end of your next turn.
    Power, Encounter, Standard Action: As the Wizard power, howling wall
    Power, Daily, Standard Action, Close Burst 10: Remove all obscuring terrain, such as smoke, fog or steam. So long as you wield the wand, such terrain features cannot enter the burst until the end of the encounter, or until you end this effect as a minor action or stow the wand.

This is the wand Alaq used at the beginning of the encounter to clear the fog. You confiscated it from him, and Rahman zapped it to produce a nifty 2100 residuum.

+2 Sheloq's Morningstar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 6 Item; 1800 GP
    Property: If you would use a power that increases your size category, but nearby creatures would prevent you from doing so, you may push those creatures up to 1 square to accommodate your new size.

This is the morningstar used by the oni. Amirah handily recovered it from underwater, and Rahman zapped it to make a pretty 360 residuum.

+4 Pendant of the Vengeful Soul
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 18 Item; 85000 GP
    Property: When you make two attack rolls because of oath of enmity, and both would result in a hit, you gain an item bonus to the damage roll of that attack equal to the pendant's enhancement bonus.
    Property: When you use your oath of enmity power, the target is also marked by you until the end of your next turn.

Power, One-Use, Minor Action: You declare your object of hatred as one sentient creature whose name you know. The creature remains your object of hatred until you slay it, or until you die. While a creature remains your object of hatred, this pendant cannot be removed from you. You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls against your object of hatred, and while within 20 squares of you, that creature is marked by you. If the creature makes an attack that does not include you as a target, you may shift up to your speed to a square adjacent to your object of hatred and make a melee basic attack against it as an immediate reaction. If your object of hatred is within 20 squares of you, you cannot use oath of enmity except on your object of hatred. If your object of hatred would be slain while within 20 squares of you, the blow cannot be nonlethal, regardless of the aggressor.

Once this item's power has been used and the object of hatred slain, you no longer gain the benefits of the item's properties against any creature (effectively making this a simple +4 Amulet of Protection in your hands).

The amulet used by Qurab and given to Kihtsah with his dying breath. Currently OT: Kihtsah.

Equilibrium Boots of the Snake
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 7 - 2600 GP
    Property: You move normally on slippery surfaces, such as grease or ice.
    Power, Free Action, Encounter. Trigger: You are subject to forced movement and/or would be knocked prone. Effect: You are not knocked prone, cannot be knocked off a ledge by the movement and may shift 1 square after the force movement is resolved.

Fashionable stiletto heels once owned by Vertasi, now yours! Currently OT: Medinah

+4 Cloak of Translocation - level 19
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neck Slot Item
    Enhancement: +4 to fortitude, reflex and will
    Property: When you use a teleportation power, you gain a +2 bonus to AC and Reflex until the end of your next turn.
    Power (Daily): Minor Action. You regain the use of an encounter teleportation power that you have already used during this encounter.

The cloak used by the duelist that served aboard the Drums of War. Currently OT: Alvah

Samples for upgrading Medinah's crossbow quarrels for piercing stone
    Two disabled warforged
    2000 gp worth of Alchemical Subsidy

Quests and Experience:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Experience Total: 11088 XP Each
    Next Level-Up: 12000 XP

Heart of the Conquerors
    Major Quest
    Objective: Slay or capture High Priest of Martuakh Hasnarash and The Salamander, both of the she-da-zhong invading army.
    Update: The Admaja Spymaster of the she-da-zhong has been added to the list of targets. The Midnight Mirage has set sail for a rendezvous with other pirate hunting vessels, and an attack upon these targets is being prepared.
    Rewards: Quest XP, Bounty
    Guild Contract: The Snake
    Minor Quest - COMPLETE
    Objective: Capture Vertasi the Snake, notorious pirate.
    Update: Vertasi has claimed the Midnight Mirage. Oust him and reclaim the ship. Additionally, he has a lizardfolk in his crew who has a beef with Kihtsah. Perhaps he will explain later.
    Update: Vertasi is in fact a woman, not a man, using a bound oni as her fall guy. She claims to be the Pirate Queen of Liars, but has been subdued by the Hunters. She claims to work for a "Lord Raven", but has not elaborated.
    Update: Vertasi was turned in to the authorities in Luardo, and the bounty was earned. QUEST COMPLETED
    Guild Contract: In Viking
    Minor Quest - UNAVAILABLE
    Objective: Capture Hagar Hrolfsson, dangerous dvernin viking
    Update: A rival crew aboard the Gift of the Matriarch took care of this rascal and his dvernin mates, meaning this quest is no longer available. QUEST INCOMPLETED.
    Unearth Arcana
    Major Quest
    Objective: Decipher the Admajai war ritual the Sultan of the City of God gave to the crew.
    Update: The War Ritual requires a cipher to cast. Where might the crew be able to find such a thing? Perhaps Medinah can remember something from her past... or maybe Rahman's research will turn up a lead?
    Update: Rahman found out where a number of pieces for the cipher might be found; an old cave in Ilud where a group of Admajai cadre mages were ambushed and slain by medusas during one of the crown wars. The heroes went to Ilud, searching for the cave.
    Update: Three quarters of a complete cipher were obtained from the corpses of petrified mages in an Iludai cave network. The sultan has his finest scholars working on the fourth component, and Rahman and Alvah are pursuing the answer as well.
    Rewards: Quest XP, new ritual
    Fear of Fear Itself
    Minor Quest
    Objective: Capture and return to custody the so-called Pirate Lord of Fear, Ahmed al-Faruq. Perhaps he can shed some more light on these "Pirate Lords" and their elusive "king"?
    War is Eternal
    Minor Quest
    Objective: After defeating (well, sort of?) the Pirate Lord of War, Emperor's Guard Model 001, the Hunters have learned the identity of another Pirate Lord. The mecha is worth a bounty, but how can they disable something that is fueled by conflict?
    Imperial Ambitions
    Major Quest
    Objective: There's a pirate out there claiming to be the descendant of Admajai Emperors of the past. He has rallied the Corsairs to a common cause and taken control of the city of Luardo, which he has named New Asanam. Depose Lord Raven, and his queen Vertasi the Snake.
    Rewards: Quest XP, Multiple Bounties

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Character | Player
    Kihtsah Darimil | Reverent-One
    Amirah | Grey Wolf
    Medinah | Scylfing
    Jalil Farun | Chambers
    Korack | Daravon_35[/table]

Retired Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Character | Player
    Hakhpur gar Mubrak | Belthasar
    Teshiq | A'den
    Alvah Nasab | Dekkah
    Rahman Shamis | ninja_penguin [/table]
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2013-11-06 at 08:58 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Hourglass of Zihaja D&D 4e] Heroes on a Sea of Swords OOC II

{table] PC | Alchemical Reagents | Mystic Salves | Rare Herbs | Sanctified Incense | Residuum | Alchemical Subsidy
    Common Pot | 1000 | 7790 | 619 | 4215 | 2460 | 2000
    Kihtsah* | 200 | 200 | 66 | 200 | 0
    Amirah* | 1000 | 3500 | 3866 | 1000 | 0
    Rahman | 1400 | 600 | 467 | 0 | 9000
    Medinah | 400 | 300 | 267 | 300 | 0
    Alvah | 300 | 0 | 50 | 150 | 0
    Jalil
    Total | 4300 | 12390 | 5325 | 5865 | | 2000
    [/table]

Notes:
    • Individual characters can go into negatives in the table as long as the total remains positive. Those characters should endeavor to restore their pots as soon as is convenient.
    • Group rituals are paid equally by all participants. Individual rituals are paid from the person's reserves.
    • Alchemical Subsidy materials can only be used to craft the following:
      • Alchemist's Fire
      • Alchemist's Acid
      • Blastpatch
      • Acidic Fire
      • Inferno Oil

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2013-04-17 at 09:20 AM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Hello everyone, Alvah "Thunder" Nasab reporting for duty!.

Since red is taken, I'd like to take Medium turquoise. (if that is alright. I think it is far enough form the other blue... and not to hard on the eyes.

Shadow_elf, I'll link you my mythweaver sheet later today (I dont have access to it right now - stupid firewall).

I just noticed that I did not buy the ritual component I'll need.
    I still got 740 GP.... I'll buy some tonight (need to check what my rituals require) and update the character before the game start.

Alvah's Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP :...84/102...TEMP HP :...0
    Surge Value :...25
    Surge left/surge per day :...10/12
    Resist : ....6 Ongoing ....
    AC:...29...FORT:...28... REF:...25...WILL:...30...
    Encounter count for the day: ....0
    Languages : ....Common, Aquan, Ignan , Terran
    Initiative : ... +8
    Passive Perception : ... 23
    Passive Insight : ...21
    Main Hand : Bard's Songblade Longsword +4
    Off Hand : Light Shield
    Powers :
    Melee Basic Attack (For OAs) (+14, 1D8+3)
    Staggering Note
    War Song Strike

Action point (0/1)
    Second Wind
    Majestic Word (1/2)
    Healing Rain
    Word of Friendship
    Vezzuvu's Eruption
    Shout of Thriumph
    Drums of the wild hunt
    Rolling Echo
    Earthquake Stike
    Moment of Escape
    Chrod of Resilience
    Illusory Ereasure

Tune of Ice and Wind
    Thunder Blade
    Menacing Thunder
    Doom Echo

Items powers:
    Eladrin Ring of passage
    Helm of Teleportation
    Imposter's Stonemail Armor +3

Consumables :

Effects from Alvah :
    S1, S2 and W2 grant CA to Alvah UENT (Alvah)

Effects on Alvah :

Items Carried/Owned :

Spoiler
    Show
    Imposter's Stonemail Armor +3 (E)
    Bard's Songblade Longsword +4 (E)
    Amulet of Protection +3 (E)
    Eladrin's Ring of Passage (E)
    Helm of Teleportation (E)
    Ritual Book
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Beltpouch
    Sunrod (2)
    Rations (10 days)
    50' hempen rope
    Waterskin
    Dagger

Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 pp
    40 gp

Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-09-06 at 05:29 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkah View Post
    I just noticed that I did not buy the ritual component I'll need.
    I still got 740 GP.... I'll buy some tonight (need to check what my rituals require) and update the character before the game start.
    Welcome!

Edit: I'm going to take a stab in the dark with some google-fu and guess that this is your character sheet.

Edit 2: I'm glad to see that our "random h" naming convention is still going strong.

You'll get a bit of a break there - we bought a lot of components at adventure start, and I believe that the people unboarding don't take their components with them, from what Shadow Elf said a while back.

I've gone ahead and copied the table from the first thread, so you see what amounts we have already accounted for. You may just get to pick the row that is "yours", so to speak.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-05-31 at 12:31 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Well the H is an coincidence, a funny one though :).

I'll remove group wealth from my status to.

I simply cannot check if this is the right character sheet, but if it comes from a dekkah and look like my status above, it is mine :).

A simple note about the Mythweavwer sheet too.... I'll keep it updated as much as possible (usually do so when I level or receive something significant - magic item), but I wont use it to keep track of my status (HP and stuf) since I cant access it everywhere I post (firewall at work).
    That is actually what my status spoiler above is for.

I usually repost it with each thread it change, but I think i'll simply try to keep it up to date here instead (less typing and copy/paste).

An other thing you might need to know is that English isnt my native language. I usually can post to be understood in English, but I still can make a lot of errors. If I post something you guys dont understand, just tell me :).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

In other business: I am waiting on a group consensus on what Amirah should do: do we want her to try to recover some of the loot, or play it safe and stick around in case Vertasi tries something else?

GW
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Hello all, glad to come aboard.

I'll be playing a Sabi Sorceress named Jaili Farun. She's a Windsoul Genasi Air Elementalist with the Windlord theme. Flying around and zapping people with lightning and thunder is generally her thing.

She's also a Noble and little arrogant, but I'll reserve that mostly for the NPC's. PC's of her ability (i.e. power level) have probably proven themselves to be worthy allies in the past, also I know from experience that it gets annoying when one PC constantly tries to lord over the others.

Mechanics wise she's pretty simple, as the Essentials Sorcerer is a straight up blaster. She's got a few zone and close burst powers, but she mainly hits people with lightning and knocks them around (Mark of Storm).

---

I'll use this space for some additional character information as well as descriptions of two of her powers. There's an error in the plothook 4e sheets that won't let me save any text for the lower right box, and the one right above it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jalil Farun, Sabi Elementalist
    Defenses: AC 26 Fort 27 Ref 26 Will 31
    Hitpoint Total: 106
    Surge Value: 26
    Daily Surge Count: 10

Passive Perception: 20
    Passive Insight: 18
    Passive Stealth: 18
    Passive Bluff: 24

Opportunity Attack +15 vs AC, 1d4+2 dmg

Defensive Features:
    +3 all defensives vs Acid/Fire/Cold/Lighting/Thunder
    Resist Cold 17
    Immune to Slow/Immobilize caused by Cold powers
    Resist Lightning 13
    +2 saves vs ongoing lightning damage

Elemental Twist Dagger
    Gain 10 Temp HP when an enemy's resistances or immunities reduce the damage of any sorcerer attack power used through this dagger (No action)

Fog Form
    Insubstantial until EONT (Interrupt, hit by an attack)

Walk it Off
    Make a save vs ongoing damage at start of turn (No action)

Primordial Surge
    When you use Windwalker, gain 9 Temp HP

--- Powers ---

Elemental Bolt, Static Charge, Storm Walk

Elemental Escalation ([ ][ ][ ][ ]), Essence of Arcane Blood, Wind Fury Assault, Essence Form, Windwalker, Protective Gale, Wind Rider, Fog Form

Howling Tempest, Thunder Leap, Howling Hurricane, Lightning Daggers, Sorcerous Pulse

Other
    Spoiler
    Show
    Race/Theme/Class/Paragon Path Features
    Spoiler
    Show
    Windsoul: You gain resist 5 cold and the windwalker power. At 11th level, the resistance improves to 10 cold. At 21st level, the resistance improves to 15 cold.

(1st level): Your origin becomes elemental. For the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin, you are considered to be an elemental. Add Primordial to the languages you can read, write, and speak. You gain a +2 power bonus to Athletics checks and Perception checks. You also gain the wind fury assault power.
    (5th level): Whenever an effect enables you to fly, you can fly 1 additional square. Further, whenever you use your second wind, you can push each creature adjacent to you 1 square.
    (10th level): Whenever you hit with wind fury assault, you slide the target up to a number of squares equal to your highest ability modifier.

Elemental Power: You gain a bonus to the damage rolls of arcane powers equal to your Constitution modifier. This bonus increases to 2 + your Constitution modifier at 5th level, 5 + your Constitution modifier at 15th level, and 8 + your Constitution modifier at 25th level.
    Elemental Resilience: While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Constitution modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC.
    Elemental Versatility: At 9th level and 19th level, you gain a sorcerer at-will attack power of your choice.

Enhanced Elemental Bolt: Your elemental bolt deals lightning damage. On a hit, its target gains vulnerable 3 to your elemental attacks until the end of your next turn.
    Elemental Soul: At 5th level, you gain resist 10 lightning. At 15th level, you gain a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing lightning damage. At 25th level, choose either cold or thunder. You gain resist 10 to the chosen damage type and a +2 bonus to saving throws against ongoing damage of that type.
    Fly: At 23rd level, you can fly up to half your speed as a move action.

Energy Essence (11th level): If you hit with an arcane attack power that deals more than one type of damage, you deal 1d6 extra damage.
    Essential Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls with arcane powers until the start of your next turn.
    Essential Resistance (16th level): Whenever you gain resistance, increase that resistance by 3 (or by 4 at 21st level and higher)

Feats

War Wizard's Expertise

Mark of Storm Whenever you hit an enemy with a thunder or lightning power, you can slide that enemy 1 square.
    You gain a +1 bonus to speed when flying.
    You can master and perform the Endure Elements, Enhance Vessel, Summon Winds, and Water Walk rituals as if you had the Ritual Caster feat.

Primordial Surge Whenever you successfully use a genasi racial power, you gain temporary hit points equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier.

Superior Implement (Resonating Dagger)

Genasi Frost Affinity If you have resistance to cold, increase that resistance by 3. You are immune to any slow and immobilize effects caused by cold powers

Improved Defenses

Arcane Admixture (Thunder/Static Charge)

Arcane Admixture (Thunder/Elemental Bolt)

Resounding Thunder add 1 to the size of any blast or burst that has the thunder keyword

Thunder's Rumble You gain a +3 feat bonus to thunder damage rolls. This bonus increases to +4 at 21st level.
    In addition, whenever you take thunder damage from an attack, you can push each creature adjacent to you 1 square

Lightning Arc On crit, additional target takes normal damage instead of maximizing damage.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2013-11-05 at 09:25 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

Shadow of the Demon Lord (Robert Schwalb's New RPG)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Grey wolf was right and found my myth-weaver sheet (Alvah)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Welcome aboard, sharkbait *cough* shipmates!

Glad to see that in addition to the new Leader we'll also have another Striker. Kihtsah (Reverent-One) has been pulling double duty on that for a while now so hopefully this'll speed up the fights somewhat. Looking forward to pirate-hunting with you both!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    In other business: I am waiting on a group consensus on what Amirah should do: do we want her to try to recover some of the loot, or play it safe and stick around in case Vertasi tries something else?
    I think with the new folks introducing themselves, it's a safe bet the battle's done, so I say go for it. Hopefully that magic mace will still be recoverable.
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0 ; Harald

Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

I've bought 1,000gp of Residuum, so that can be added to the table once Jalil is in the party.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I've bought 1,000gp of Residuum, so that can be added to the table once Jalil is in the party.
    Residuum is not for sale in this campaign world - thus why there is none in the table. It can only be obtained from disenchanting magical items. You'll have to hedge your bets of what you're going to need.

Edit: source and DM confirmation

Edit 2: At the very least, you'll want a bit in nature herbs - we have used a breathe in water/swimming ability ritual in every fight so far (what with most fights being ship-to-ship)

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-06-01 at 11:37 AM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Can you add a row in the component table for me with :

Alchemical Reagents 300
    Mystic Salves 0
    Rare Herbs 50
    Sanctified Incense 150

Thanks

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, didn't know that. I'll just replace it with whatever components the three rituals she knows need.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkah View Post
    Can you add a row in the component table for me with :

Alchemical Reagents 300
    Mystic Salves 0
    Rare Herbs 50
    Sanctified Incense 150

Thanks
    Sure.

@Shadow Elf: What is the official decision on what to do with the components left behind by the hunters leaving the ship? I can think of two alternatives: gifting it to the newcomers, or leaving it as commonly owned. In the last case, I'll keep subtracting from it (maybe preferentially) as we use it up until all of it is gone.

Hmm, didn't know that. I'll just replace it with whatever components the three rituals she knows need.
    That was my point in the second edit above: don't assume that you need to only cover your own rituals - we have a common pot so that group rituals (such as walking on water) aren't paid only by the person performing it, but by everyone that benefits from it.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-06-01 at 11:50 AM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Sure.

@Shadow Elf: What is the official decision on what to do with the components left behind by the hunters leaving the ship? I can think of two alternatives: gifting it to the newcomers, or leaving it as commonly owned. In the last case, I'll keep subtracting from it (maybe preferentially) as we use it up until all of it is gone.
    Humm... well, its not exactly fair to just gift it to the newcomers, but on the other hand neither of them has much change handy for buying components to pay their share of rituals. I suppose its up to the party, its a book keeping aspect for you guys, not for me .
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    Humm... well, its not exactly fair to just gift it to the newcomers, but on the other hand neither of them has much change handy for buying components to pay their share of rituals. I suppose its up to the party, its a book keeping aspect for you guys, not for me .
    Well, I was more referring to whether Hakhpur was carrying his components when he disappeared in the sea, and whether Teshiq will be taking his when he disembarks, or if we get to keep them. If we do keep them, I agree it's not exactly fair to give them to the newcomers, so I think I'll make them part of the common pot to only be used for group-wide rituals.

In any case, table updated.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-06-01 at 12:04 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

That was my point in the second edit above: don't assume that you need to only cover your own rituals - we have a common pot so that group rituals (such as walking on water) aren't paid only by the person performing it, but by everyone that benefits from it.
    Sure, but she's not going to carry around components for rituals that she doesn't use. Once she's in the group, trading and sharing can happen, but she wouldn't do so otherwise.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, but she's not going to carry around components for rituals that she doesn't use. Once she's in the group, trading and sharing can happen, but she wouldn't do so otherwise.
    You can buy rituals components from the ship's quartermaster, so you may want to reserve some money for that. Your character would have been informed of the need to pay for her own part in the pre-battle rituals, so it's not altogether farfetched she would have bought a few before joining officially.

Grey Wolf
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what she does know about the ship. Also, are any of your characters native Ro the City of God? It's where she's from, so there's room for past histories.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I am not native from there, but I do have some contacts from there and I have been there many times in my past.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Grey, what's with the asterisks by some names on the table?
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

All of the group's ritual supplies are in the apothecary unless you guys say otherwise, so Hakhpur's components are still there. Teshiq will give away his components as a parting gift, and I will find some way to decrease party loot slightly to compensate.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what she does know about the ship. Also, are any of your characters native Ro the City of God? It's where she's from, so there's room for past histories.
    I don't believe so, but Captain Shaur and the Midnight Mirage would be well known there certainly.

So did Vertasi or Alaq have anything of value on them?
    Last edited by Scylfing; 2012-06-01 at 02:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    Grey, what's with the asterisks by some names on the table?
    They mark the people that overpaid last time the division of the ritual cost was not even (it usually won't be, when dividing by 6). They paid 1 more than the others, and thus next time I will start the overpaying with the first person not marked with an asterisk.

Yes, I'm fastidious about making sure we all share the burden equally.

Grey Wolf
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, here's the magical treasure from this encounter:

+2 Clearsighted Wand of Howling Wall
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 9 Item; 4200 GP
    Property: When you use the wizard spell howling wall, you remove any obscuring terrain within the wall such as smoke, fog or steam, until the end of your next turn.
    Power, Encounter, Standard Action: As the Wizard power, howling wall
    Power, Daily, Standard Action, Close Burst 10: Remove all obscuring terrain, such as smoke, fog or steam. So long as you wield the wand, such terrain features cannot enter the burst until the end of the encounter, or until you end this effect as a minor action or stow the wand.

This is the wand Alaq used at the beginning of the encounter to clear the fog. You confiscate it from him.

+2 Sheloq's Morningstar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 6 Item; 1800 GP
    Property: If you would use a power that increases your size category, but nearby creatures would prevent you from doing so, you may push those creatures up to 1 square to accommodate your new size.

This is the morningstar used by the oni. Amirah handily recovers it from underwater.

+4 Pendant of the Vengeful Soul
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 18 Item; 85000 GP
    Property: When you make two attack rolls because of oath of enmity, and both would result in a hit, you gain an item bonus to the damage roll of that attack equal to the pendant's enhancement bonus.
    Property: When you use your oath of enmity power, the target is also marked by you until the end of your next turn.

Power, One-Use, Minor Action: You declare your object of hatred as one sentient creature whose name you know. The creature remains your object of hatred until you slay it, or until you die. While a creature remains your object of hatred, this pendant cannot be removed from you. You gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls against your object of hatred, and while within 20 squares of you, that creature is marked by you. If the creature makes an attack that does not include you as a target, you may shift up to your speed to a square adjacent to your object of hatred and make a melee basic attack against it as an immediate reaction. If your object of hatred is within 20 squares of you, you cannot use oath of enmity except on your object of hatred. If your object of hatred would be slain while within 20 squares of you, the blow cannot be nonlethal, regardless of the aggressor.

Once this item's power has been used and the object of hatred slain, you no longer gain the benefits of the item's properties against any creature (effectively making this a simple +4 Amulet of Protection in your hands).

The amulet used by Qurab and given to Kihtsah with his dying breath.

And mundane items to be sold in port which will contribute to an eventual "paycheck" of sorts.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2012-06-02 at 01:43 AM.
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

No comments on the loot? Do you guys want me to just fast-forward to the debrief with Shaur, or is there RP you still want to get done?

Also, I am considering adding a fourth piece of magical loot. I will post it here when I have decided what I want it to be. I will also update the party experience tally shortly.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    No comments on the loot? Do you guys want me to just fast-forward to the debrief with Shaur, or is there RP you still want to get done?

Also, I am considering adding a fourth piece of magical loot. I will post it here when I have decided what I want it to be. I will also update the party experience tally shortly.
    Can't use any of it, so there is nothing for me to comment on. I suspect we will be residuum'ing several of the pieces - IIRC, there is a sword from the previous encounter that has gone unclaimed.

I was kinda waiting on XP before posting again, but I'll probably post after work today regardless.

Grey Wolf
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I have edited the XP count for the party. You are now more than halfway to level 16! Huzzah!

I also took the liberty of adding an extra piece of magical treasure. Vertasi's boots, as it turns out, are magical. Unless Medinah or Amirah wants to wear them, you may want to transfer the enchantment to boots that don't have stiletto heels built in.

Equilibrium Boots of the Snake
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 7 - 2600 GP
    Property: You move normally on slippery surfaces, such as grease or ice.
    Power, Free Action, Encounter. Trigger: You are subject to forced movement and/or would be knocked prone. Effect: You are not knocked prone, cannot be knocked off a ledge by the movement and may shift 1 square after the force movement is resolved.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, sorry about that, I completely forgot to add a subscription over here on this thread! Oy.

I'm also in the process of completely recompiling all of my stuff about Rahman, and getting an actual physical sheet punched up with the various information that never seems to stick on the myth-weavers sheet.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Not interested in the mace or the wand, but Medinah would wear stiletto heels, that's in character for her, but if anyone else would like the enchantment they're free to claim it.