New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dowrenland - Emeralds & Roses

Skrib sees that the mirror radiates a fairly strong arcane aura, and the writing left behind on the wall seems to take on an almost iridescent appearance under the effects of his spell... flashing with bits of arcane radiance when look at in the reflection only.

Timble notices, as he repeats the word, that almost every way he says "Dowrenland" produces the same effect as before. A small amount of warmth from the mirror, and then gone. However, he notices as well that when he views the words on the wall through the reflection as he reads the word "Dowrenland", that that word alone seems to almost... sparkle.
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2012-06-12 at 09:48 AM.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Alessia mmphs a little bit, then goes back to trying to work out the writing! "Just try not to make it explode or something," she says, in a somewhat-joking manner.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Looking at the sparkling on the wall,, Nathaniel calls "It seems to be doing something at least, maybe try saying it louder?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Skrib tries to figure out what type or spell is on the mirror.

(1d20+6)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

To Dowrenlanders? Vow? Hm, sparkling. Pelor, protect me. Jessica watches Skrib cast his spell and Timble touch the mirror. Interesting approach, outright touching it. Perhaps I should as well.... She reaches out and touches the mirror as well.

6. - Top - End - #96

Jessica notices the same reaction with the mirror as Timble has noted. However, nothing new has happened as of yet.

Blind-to-Rivers, who has been standing near the window this whole time, casually observes, "I just saw a tree fly past."

Skrib, through his concentration, discovers that the mirror holds traces of both the Conjuration and Enchantment schools. As to what spell exactly, he is most uncertain.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hmm, interesting. It looks like it has to be read in the mirror.

Jessica turns to Skrib, "Skrib, did you cast a spell? Did you figure anything out?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Skrib stops playing and shrugs. "Not sure. I know it's magical and that it has elements of conjuration and enchantment. For those that don't know, conjuration tends to teleport things elsewhere while enchantment imbues them with special properties. So maybe it's a portal, either from here to there or there to here, but where would the enchantment aspect of it kick in? Maybe there's another like this somewhere else in the world and they're linked, allowing the owner to easy travel between the two places. But... still... I'm not so sure what it does or anything like that."
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-06-13 at 05:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"Teleportation? Maybe this is the way to Dowrenland, where ever that is."
    Jessica eyes the small footprints on the floor. "Maybe the white man used the mirror to get there. And since it seems like the word must be read through the mirror..."
    She touches the mirror again and peers in at the words on the wall, saying in a clear voice, louder than before, "To Dowrenland!"

10. - Top - End - #100

Jessica feels the mirror's warmth flare up once more when she reads the words. And in the reflection, she sees another two words sparkle, as well as noticing that not all of the Dowrenlander word sparkles, but only the part she read:

"Mirror, Mirror beyond the wall,
    Those of us who've come to call,
    'Mind you, reflect upon your vow,
    To Dowrenlanders, then and now."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Jessica peers at the words that are sparkling. "Huh, 'to' lit up as well. Well, how about I say the whole thing:
    'Mirror, Mirror, beyond the wall,
    Those of us who've come to call,
    'Mind you, reflect upon your vow,
    To Dowrenlanders, then and now!'"

12. - Top - End - #102

As you all look on, Jessica, the young cleric of Pelor, sparkles with the same iridescent sheen that the letters have adopted when read. She then falls into the mirror and disappears from sight. When this happened, Timble felt the mirror grow warm, as before, but when Jessica passed through it... the surface also went soft, more akin to the surface of rising dough than glass.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I guess there's the teleportation aspect of it. And the enchantment... probably to get anyone who reads it to pass through. Who's next?" Skrib was entertained. Going to a new place, a place that he had in fact never heard of before, was entertaining for him after his earlier life at the hive.
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-06-14 at 12:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Timble watches Jessica disappear through the mirror. "Wow, she's good at experimentating!"

He then also reads the poem, eager to find what waits on the other side of the soft glass.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Alessia grips her weapon as she sees Jessica vanish. "...Tch. Well, I guess that decides that..." she presses her hand against the mirror and recites the command poem as well...

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

16. - Top - End - #106

Soon, both Timble and Alessia follow suit, melting into the mirror as if it were an open doorway.

This left Skrib, Nathanial, and Blind-to-Rivers in the dilapidated manor house all to themselves. And with the storm continuing to wail and threaten in even closer on the place, they were beginning to wonder if it would stand at all when everything was said and done.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Skrib walked forward, to the mirror, and put his hand on it, repeating the phrase that the three had before.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Soon, you all have stepped through the mirror. Like falling face-first into a pool of warm water, your reflexes kick in and cause you to try and hold your breath. Just when you do so, however, you find yourselves lying prone upon a severely weathered floor made of stone tiles.

When you look around you, you find Jessica in the room, already on her feet. It appears that you are still inside the ruined manor house, or so you think at first. As you look around though, you can see that, although similar, this is definitely not the same building. Furthermore, when you look outside, you see no sign of any storm of any kind. Instead, you see a clear and sunny sky.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Seeing the sun light through the window, Jessia runs to it, smiling as the light shone on her face. She'd missed the sunshine. When her companions arrive through the mirror, she eagerly says, "Let's go outside and enjoy the sunshine for a bit," having temporarily forgotten the white man.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Alessia looks around... and, deciding there's no danger currently, she dismisses her armour. It sort of peels itself off of her with a metallic clattering noise before simply dissolving into thin air...

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Timble stands up, brushes the dust off his jacket, and looks around. "That was one heck of an experiment. Looks the same, yet different." Before commiting to going outside again, he takes a careful look about the room, to see if there any differences between here and there. Beyond the obvious ones.

Spoiler
    Show
    spot (1d20+6)[19]

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Skrib heads outside and begins to play another tune on his lyre. "Well, this is something, isn't it? Anyone have any ideas where we might be?"

Perform: (1d20+8)[9] (...)

After hearing how bad he was performing, Skrib quickly stopped. (Since he would not continue something like that.)
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-06-15 at 01:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seeing the others travel through the mirror, Nathaniel overcomes his initial trepidation and goes through as well. Looking around, he says "Now where are we?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

"In Dowrenland, I would chance a guess." Timble says over his shoulder while still examining the room.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Alessia glares at Skrib for a moment. "...Will you give that a rest? What if there are enemies nearby, and they hear you?" Paranoid much?

"...We might want to check to see if we can get back before we start exploring."

26. - Top - End - #116

As Timble inspects the room, he sees that things here are in disrepair as well, but that this place isn't nearly as old as the one he just came from. In fact, there was no dust and misuse hanging about this place. This house had had parts of it simply knocked in by something. He even spotted a place of the stone floor in the corner that had been cracked and caved in by something roughly the size of his torso, and... what was this... droplets of dried blood?

As the remainder of you step outside, you find yourselves in a large grassy yard, of sorts, surrounded by thick, green, high hedges all around. You see what you think, at first, to be a patio complete with a long table. When you look closer, however, it appears that this area was once a part of the manor house... though the walls had been knocked down. The chimney from the hearth still stood off to one side, sitting strangely alone as if a scolded child put in the corner. The table, by stark contrast, was set for a celebration from the look of it, complete with tankards, plates, bowls, and eatery for at least a dozen people. However, you saw no guests. You do, however, see two individuals talking quietly off to one side. When Skrib begins strumming his lyre, he seems to stop after a few... distracted chords, which causes the two people to cease their conversation and look in the direction of your collective group.

Both of them look quite shocked to see you, as no doubt you are to see them. The taller of the two is a wide-eyed human, dressed in light armor and wearing a dinged-up helmet made of bronze.
    Spoiler
    Show

The second is a small-sized... rabbit? Yes, yes indeed. He appears to be a white rabbit in clothing. The same clothing, in fact, that the albino halfling you had been following was wearing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Both of them move their hands to their weapons.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Skrib put his lyre away. "Too late for that." He begins to call out to them, "Hold on you two, we just arrived. Can you just get your hands away from your weapons so we can talk about this like normal people?"

Diplomacy: (1d20+8)[18]
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

A few moments after the rest, Timble runs out of the building, exasperated. "There's blood on the floor, and ..." He notices the two figures. "Oh oh."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Alessia glares at Skrib for a moment... before calling her armour back on, with a clattering of metal!

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp, I didn't have that off for long!

30. - Top - End - #120

The two seem to relax somewhat, but the human remains silent and very on-edge. The rabbit, meantime, seems like he is quite rushed.

"Who sent you?", comes his response. "Are you agents of the Red Queen?"
    - Ser Jorah Mormont