Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 45

[Pokemon Gym]

"Good job, Shroomy! Hit him again!" Shroomy goes to do just that, waddling toward Swinub and releasing more spores. That is, until he trips and falls flat on his face. His confusion hadn't quite worn off yet.

[Streets]

Kitty gives the boggart a satisfied smirk. Serves him right. "Nice to meet you I guess. So what're we doing now?" She doesn't know the first thing about what she volunteered to help with!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Pokemon Gym

Ice shard him before he gets close. Patrick says, and another shard flies towards Shroomy.

It's like Swinub's a pig-shaped railgun.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.
    Awesomeness below by ET.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    billtodamax, if your post were a young woman, I would awkwardly ask it out on a date.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokemon Gym]

That's all Shroomy can take. Those super effective attacks are nasty. Becca returns the mushroom pokemon to his ball. "Alright Glamdring, they're softened up for you. Finish them off!"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Underground Tower Tartarus: Gate]

When one succeeds in teleporting to the place one will notice that they are in an underground hollow. If one is an expert then it will be noticed that we are 500,000 thousand kilometers underground. Oxygen is plenty here even this deep as there are plants that absorb dark energy and gives out breathable air in exchange. Truth be told the place holds a lot of dark energy. The tower Tartarus has a hollow around it so that the earth does not touch it. normally the tower would be 200 floors tall but it looks as if it just has 20 floors now excluding the ground floor, its as if someone messed with the building and distorted it.

"Well here we are, where we managed to find the deformed tower of Tartarus. What do you think of it?"
    Serph asks the open area.

"My friend, who in all the hells are you talking to? Our companions are not yet here and I just arrived."
    Element knew his friend could be strange at times.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Inside the Mech]

"My dad used to say something similar. About there being no such thing as coincidence. Quite frankly, I don't like the thought that everything happens because it's supposed to happen. Suggests we don't have free will."
    [Inside the Mech]

"God allows free will, otherwise it wouldn't be so much conflict in the world." The descended angel says with a faint smile. "And as a test, you must prove yourself, not only to God, but to yourself. That suggests free will doesn't it? You can fail or succeed, it's all up to you. God only placed you in the right location.""
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-06-04 at 03:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    Grantz sees the triplets and the chaos they caused.
    "Is it just me or are you three nuts?"
    He sees the hologram of Mark and Red. He also sees Mia shield herself from being scanned.
    "I guess I'll test this out. Name Grantz and rank Visitor."
    The machine starts to scan him and replies.
    "Analyzed. Grantz upgrading rank to Lieutenant first grade, assigned to PT unit command."
    Grantz scratches his head.
    "Ok, I don't think I'm hurt. But I have no Idea what my rank means."
    [SRW Plot: Red and Mark]

I haven't got a clue either, but I know I'm a Col., and I know that is traditionally a very high rank, so I don't mind.
    Jit Falnon avatar by Ceika

Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
    Contingency is like playing chess but you get to make several moves on your turn, several on you opponents turn and you're aloud to rearrange the board when he gets up to go to the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chuckles View Post
    $5 says it's a euphemism.
    Let's be a Tad Random PbP Recruiting now!

7. - Top - End - #67

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Theater Plot]

Absolute pandemonium ensues in this stadium of death today, folks! We'd have a legit NPC riot on our hands if not for the foresight of the discerning but amateurish troopers had in thinning the crowd as it were before things really started heating up! That would be in the interests of nobody here, as that would amount in

Demon Queen and Shrike have put up a valiant front in safeguarding the civilians present in the theater up to this point, but now they might find their bodies and minds liberated from this most noble labor! The survivors of the initial onslaught have spaced themselves out along the walls of the theater, hunched over or prone on the ground in order to minimize the surface area they expose to their sloppy assailants. They've taken as much cover as they is up for grabs in this enclosed battlefield! They're relatively safe. For now.

Moving on...

Fade will find his sword cleanly connecting with the neck of his mark. With an alarmed shout interrupted right in the middle, the man's head is lopped off! He was, up until instants before his death, unaware of Fade's presence and thus unable to retaliate in any notable manner.

Fade's element of surprise is completely purged now, though, and he's right up there in terms of targeting priority as...

Jane. Jane will learn that these soldiers aren't as incapable of fighting back as it would appear at a glance. Lunging at the soldier as she is, he has been afforded a decent amount of time to react, though her speed definitively outclasses his by every measure. He swings the butt of his rifle at where Jane's general body might be when she charges him. He attempts to shunt her away from her, but she might register a spear jab to the eye regardless. That decision I leave entirely up to you to establish. He won't be alive in a minute either way.

The other two grunts who have just finished reloading their guns and those that have recently recovered from Demon Queen's kinetic blast should suddenly be reduced to stains on the stage as Teq's railgun shreds to strips of assorted substances them along with the stage. Swiss cheese anyone? Well, that and the strain of bearing the other combatants engaged in mortal combat up on the elevated largely wooden platform causes the remainder of the floor of the stage to splinter and creak, its structural integrity drawing dangerously close to zero.

But then!

The stage and set simultaneously explode outward as power armor is called onto the site! Four colossal suits of metal coated in reactive shielding technology about 1.5 times the height of a normal man and 4 times as wide and thick. They burst out from deep under the stage, tearing through any and all walls that stand in their way. They are outfitted with two different types of weapon sets. Two are equipped with a flamethrower on their left arm and a massive energy sword jutting out of a source inches behind their right upper arms. Others sport an intimidating electric beam cannon on their right and a titanic metal shield with jagged edges welded onto their left.

The flamethrower mechs emerge with their flame jets ablaze, infusing their deadly spray with napalm to give it a more lasting effect. They aim primarily at Jane and Fade. The two heavy beam cannon mechs move to engage Teq in close quarters combat before, they estimate, he is able to reload his crazy battlecruiser armament.

[Theater Plot]

Fade's element of surprise is completely purged.? Ha He still has an ace in the hole. holding up his left hand he stands there. on his hand is something like a Tattoo. A small white bubble going down to fill the Tattoo, which start to gloom. When the fire is aimed at him it seems like an invisible wall in front of Fade prevents the fire from reaching Fade. Hoping this will be enough to tell them this weapon don't work he prepares for the impact of the mech.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    DMC
    "Ah...that makes sense..."
    "Are there any specifics to follow while worshiping him?"

She is quite anxious to start a new life of living a life according to her new deity!
    DMC

"The most common way woul be to work with his creations. If you want to go deeper you need to read his writings."

Such things can be cleared OOC since I assume they could be really annoying IC.^^

[SRW Plot: Triples, Mia and Gnatz]

Mia is distracted with MDM at firs. her hands gloom slightly as she waves in front of the holes in MDM's armor. slowly they close and even the color becomes normal again. After all she keeps her shield up. Scanning isn't lethal after all, but she isn't willing to give them data she don't want them to have. Lucky that MDM's inside is saved as well. After a moment she turns to the system.

"I'm Mia Mechanicus. High Priestess of Deus Mechanicus."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-06-04 at 08:01 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    DMC

"The most common way woul be to work with his creations. If you want to go deeper you need to read his writings."

Such things can be cleared OOC since I assume they could be really annoying IC.^^
    DMC
    "May I have a copy of his writings then?"
    She did need to read them, at least she figured she needed to.
    Infernal Mindfreak selling Hell as Heaven by Savanna. Thank you, love!
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    I am without Internet

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Ice Rink]

"Alright." Arel nods and takes a careful step forward. After she puts her foot down it doesn't stop moving forward. Arel rather quickly ends up nearly doing the splits then falling over on the ice.
    [Ice Rink]

Reinholdt winces. "You ok?"
    Probably not. Reinholdt would step out to help her, but he suspects he'd end up in the same spot, especially with those vines about.

He slowly crouches down from where he is to reach out his arm as far as it can to help her up.
    "Hold onto the wall."
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

[/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Soul Quest

Irene quickly tries to suck the soul bit out of Gawker. Maybe Mikani can distract the giant robot only doing its job!
    Sophie will try to hold the Gawker down long enough for Irene to work.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokemon Gym]

Glamdring suddenly snaps to attention when he hears his name! His turn to fight? Great! Though... he has to keep in mind that he isn't allowed to finish a fight for whatever absurd reason. These humans don't seem very keen on killing.

The Eevee steps forward and-!

"eeeeeeeeEEEEEEE-"

Thick mist begins to swirl around Glamdring moments before!

"-EON!"

Eevee has evolved into Vaporeon!

Without missing a beat the bubble jet pokemon makes good on its name and sprays a stream of Bubbles at the piggy pokemon! Or... maybe more of a Beam of bubbles?

Eh.

Close enough.

[Streets]

"We're going to destroy a Huldra that has been harassing the local population," Zaal replies. "It is a creature akin to the one named Fredrick. Or Winifred. Or whatever it's calling itself now. Though I believe the monster in question is only a Three-Tails."

"Mhmm," Inquisitor Thomas confirms. "Fredrick will be able to devour its illusions. That should make the hunt a lot easier."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    Spoiler
    Show

Zee is a perfectly normal human female. You suspect nothing!

Winifred 'Freddie' Fredrick
    Souls Nommed: 905
    Days Since Last Nomming: 0

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #72

Streets of Inside - Alley
    A girl in a skin tight jumpsuit is currently being pinned against a brick wall in an alley by a man in a trenchcoat with a knife! Clearly he has bad intentions!

Will her boyfriend be able to help her in time?
    Infernal Mindfreak selling Hell as Heaven by Savanna. Thank you, love!
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    I am without Internet

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [SRW Plot: Triples, Mia and Gnatz][/B]

Mia is distracted with MDM at firs. her hands gloom slightly as she waves in front of the holes in MDM's armor. slowly they close and even the color becomes normal again. After all she keeps her shield up. Scanning isn't lethal after all, but she isn't willing to give them data she don't want them to have. Lucky that MDM's inside is saved as well. After a moment she turns to the system.

"I'm Mia Mechanicus. High Priestess of Deus Mechanicus."
    ((Again its Grantz not Gnatz))

The computer scans Mia and MDM
    "Analyzing....... Mia upgrading rank to Captain assigned to Maintenance and R&D....... identified inorganic life form.... assessing..... assessing....... ERROR...... Col. Mark what shall be done with the inorganic creature?"
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Inside the Mech]

"God allows free will, otherwise it wouldn't be so much conflict in the world." The descended angel says with a faint smile. "And as a test, you must prove yourself, not only to God, but to yourself. That suggests free will doesn't it? You can fail or succeed, it's all up to you. God only placed you in the right location.""
    [Inside The Mech]

"Which limits free will, since we have to do what he wants at that point," Michael says, frowning, "Look, I don't want to argue this with you. What's say we go find someone who can tow my mech into some place I can repair it?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ice Rink]

Reinholdt winces. "You ok?"
    Probably not. Reinholdt would step out to help her, but he suspects he'd end up in the same spot, especially with those vines about.

He slowly crouches down from where he is to reach out his arm as far as it can to help her up.
    "Hold onto the wall."
    [Ice Rink]

"I'm okay." Arel says as she gets her legs untangled. She's flexible enough that that never hurt overly much. She manages to get in a kneeling position. She pushes against the ice with a few of her vines and reaches for Rein's hand with her own hand and another of her vines. Assuming she doesn't accidentally tug Rein over, she should be up in short order.

16. - Top - End - #76

"Analyzing....... Mia upgrading rank to Captain assigned to Maintenance and R&D....... identified inorganic life form.... assessing..... assessing....... ERROR...... Col. Mark what shall be done with the inorganic creature?"
    It's a new development. We're testing it. For now, just leave it be.
    Jit Falnon avatar by Ceika

Quote Originally Posted by (Un)Inspired View Post
    Contingency is like playing chess but you get to make several moves on your turn, several on you opponents turn and you're aloud to rearrange the board when he gets up to go to the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chuckles View Post
    $5 says it's a euphemism.
    Let's be a Tad Random PbP Recruiting now!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Ice Rink]

"I'm okay." Arel says as she gets her legs untangled. She's flexible enough that that never hurt overly much. She manages to get in a kneeling position. She pushes against the ice with a few of her vines and reaches for Rein's hand with her own hand and another of her vines. Assuming she doesn't accidentally tug Rein over, she should be up in short order.
    [Ice Rink]

Reinholdt's been clinging to that door area for a rather specific reason. >>

He'll help her up with a slight shiver at the vine. Doesn't have any more advice for her though.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

[/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #78

[Inside The Mech]

Shina falls silent for a moment. There was really no use to argue against that. She just nods in agreement. "Yes, that is probably the wisest course of action at this point."

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    DMC
    "May I have a copy of his writings then?"
    She did need to read them, at least she figured she needed to.
    DMC

"That could be a problem."

She stands up and tends to leave.

"The material itself is printed out. After all we need access to it even if there isn't energy to run a computer. I will lead you to the libary now. If you really want to study then you need to stay here."

[SRW Plot: Triples, Mia and Grantz]

((I still wonder how this thing got through her shield. I mentioned that she keeps is up))

"I'm not a Captain, which is due to a High Priestress a much lower rank. change that."

MDM sounds indeed a bit annoyed. Why does another machine posess the right to call him inorganic, while itself is inorganic as well. With some steam clouds he seems to talk to Mia.

"Seems like the technologie of this place isn't as high as I assumed."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Pokemon Gym]

Glamdring suddenly snaps to attention when he hears his name! His turn to fight? Great! Though... he has to keep in mind that he isn't allowed to finish a fight for whatever absurd reason. These humans don't seem very keen on killing.

The Eevee steps forward and-!

"eeeeeeeeEEEEEEE-"

Thick mist begins to swirl around Glamdring moments before!

"-EON!"

Eevee has evolved into Vaporeon!

Without missing a beat the bubble jet pokemon makes good on its name and sprays a stream of Bubbles at the piggy pokemon! Or... maybe more of a Beam of bubbles?

Eh.

Close enough.
    What the... Swinub get back here, Chinchou you're up. Swinub disappears, only for Chinchou to reappear... right in front of the bubbles. Surely he could have sent it out elsewhere to dodge that attack, right? Why would - oh. The bubbles begin pouring over Chinchou and sinking into its skin, repair its injuries from earlier in the fight. Good thing it has Water Absorb!
    Spark it. Patrick says, and Chinchou flies at Glamdring, surrounded in a halo of electricity.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.
    Awesomeness below by ET.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Duneyrr View Post
    billtodamax, if your post were a young woman, I would awkwardly ask it out on a date.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokemon Gym]

Ouch!

That hurts! Or... wait.

What the...

The odd gun-like device hanging around Glamdring's neck seemed to absorb the brunt of the electrical attack! Still hurt Glamdring, sure. But, wow. What the heck is that thing?

The Vaporeon takes the disruptor in his mouth and fires a bolt of sickly green energy at the opposing Pokemon! The weapon doesn't even have an attack type! What insanity is this?

*PWEEEEM!*

The weapon doesn't have enough power to deliver anything above the 'Stun' setting. But given that everything in the Pokemon universe is at the stun setting that probably doesn't matter much.
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

22. - Top - End - #82

[Arkham Hospital]

Through the east door!

Winifred nods to the others before opening it up and heading through!

On the other side? A hallway. Possibly of doom. The of doom part is supported when a massive rotting hand with an eye in the palm reaches through one wall and smashes Winifred into the other.

Ouch!
    Dangit, this place's got so many ghosts they're literally coming out of the woodwork.

Sensing the spirit leap out from behind him Oliver spins on 'round on the balls of his feet to face it, following the pirouette up with a rapid slash. If the hand is open and the palm visible from the side Ollie's on the slash will be aimed at that, otherwise, he'll just be hacking at the darned thing.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-06-04 at 05:44 PM.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"We're going to destroy a Huldra that has been harassing the local population," Zaal replies. "It is a creature akin to the one named Fredrick. Or Winifred. Or whatever it's calling itself now. Though I believe the monster in question is only a Three-Tails."

"Mhmm," Inquisitor Thomas confirms. "Fredrick will be able to devour its illusions. That should make the hunt a lot easier."
    [Streets]

"I mean what are we gonna do right now?" Silly Zaal. Kitty already knew that part. She taps her foot impatiently.

[Ice Rink]

Reinholdt's been clinging to that door area for a rather specific reason. >>

He'll help her up with a slight shiver at the vine. Doesn't have any more advice for her though.
    [Ice Rink]

Arel manages to get to and stay on her feet! She uses her vines to support herself so she doesn't fall again. She smiles at Rein. "Thanks."

[Pokemon Gym]

"Whoo! You got this, Glamdring!" Becca shouts. She has no idea what that item he has is, but it seems to be effective.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Arkham Hospital]

Nope, can't see the eye. Eye is in the palm. Palm is smashing Winifred into the wall. Crunch!

Though slashing into the horrible monster works pretty well!

The ghostly creature screeches from... umm... somewhere... and recoils before aiming a massive punch at Oliver!

Bam!

Right in the kisser!

Once she manages to catch her senses Winifred carves a chunk out of the monster with her halberd as well!

[Streets]

"We're arriving at the Huldra's lair of course," the dragon replies as they arrive at the Huldra's lair.

Which appears to be an-

[Abandoned School]

Broken windows. Weed-strewn lawn. A hook on a rope clanking rhythmically against the rusted old flag pole. Wind blowing through playground equipment and filling the air with the sound of phantom laughter.

It's all rather creepy.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-06-04 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

25. - Top - End - #85

SRW Plot

"What? You never been in a good fight?" Alpha just smirks at Grantz, his smile more than a little bloody due to a few of the bullets hitting him in the face. Split lip, black eye, the works as far as bruises go.

"So, we just tell this thing what we wanna be, right?" First asks, trying to wave a hand through the hologram.

One stays as quiet as ever, although this time there might be a little more reason to it than just his natural reluctance to speak. The triplet is in a bad way, slumped down in one corner, breathing ragged, blood pooling beneath him from that one stray bullet that managed to find it's mark before Grantz cast the shielding spell.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abandoned School]

"...Oh." Kitty stops and looks at the building. "Huh... So that's it?" That's... indeed creepy. "How do you know he's in there?" She sounds a bit reluctant.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned School]

"A combination of divination, prayer, and the fact that quite a few people have seen the Huldra holing up in here during the day," Inquisitor Thomas says before heading toward the door, motioning for the others to follow.

In goes Freddie!

And Zaal does likewise!

Though as soon as Kitty starts to move he turns to her and says, "No, you will be staying here, m'lady. Keep an eye on Wiggums and make sure the crass little imp doesn't get into any trouble."

And then in he goes as well!

The crass little imp snickers in melevolent glee. "Oh yeah! You get to baby-sit me, miss Hotty McNopants! First order of business, get me something to eat!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abandoned School]

"You're kidding." Oh no, he's not kidding. Kitty turns to glare at the Boggart. "I'm not getting you anything. You're gonna sit down and shut up till they're back."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Abandoned School]

Nope.

He totally wasn't kidding.

No Kitty is stuck keeping an eye on the Boggart.

"Pffhehehehe!" the creepy little sootball laughs. "Oh am I now?"

And with that he rises to his feet and begins to slowly tip-toe away!

"Look at me! I'm not sitting! What are you going to do about it Miss Hotty McNopants? Are you gunna spank me for being naughty?"

He really is terrible.
    Spoiler
    Show

Amil 'Jeany' Wightson

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[Abandoned School]

This is going to be horrible, Kitty just knows it. She just wants to punch in his stupid face. "Get back here, you little freak." She steps forward and tries to grab his arm, and give it a sharp tug.