New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Heavenly Nostrils

One day while walking in the park, a lonely young girl called Phoebe meets a unicorn who grants her one wish. Phoebe wishes for the unicorn to be her friend. Hilarity ensues.

This is Heavenly Nostrils, a daily webcomic about a girl and her unicorn that is almost entirely unrelated to MLP, save for a couple of references. I've heard it said that it's reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, but I never read that so I wouldn't know. It's funny, it's cute, it's sweet and all around entertaining.

Start here and enjoy.

Sample comic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Was a little surprised there wasn't already a thread for this to be honest. I guess any talk of it has been confined to the MLP thread so far.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Heavenly Nostrils

Hmm... It is pretty funny and cute. And it does remind me of C&H. I'll bookmark it for later.
    Thanks for posting it Diego Havoc.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's worth noting that the same artist also did Ozy and Millie, which has a very similar Calvin and Hobbes feel.

I've heard it said that it's reminiscent of Calvin and Hobbes, but I never read that so I wouldn't know.
    You should.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Reading it as well, and it does have Calvin and Hobbes feel. But, it is a very well done C&H retread, and well worth reading.

Unlike Calvin, Phoebe, the protagonist of this strip is not really someone who pushes boundaries and has confrontational attitude toward 99% of the people. So, there is quite a bit more sentimentality and sweetness to her that Calvin did not have. She and world are not really at odds, like Calvin was.

If that edge and Calvin's usual conflicts is what you are looking for, then HN won't be exactly your cup of tea. But, it is very well written, the banter is good, the situations amusing, and the strip is often touching without being manipulative. Phoebe is a lot more of what a girl her age would actually be like; rather remarkable achievement considering author's biography.
    Last edited by fwiffo; 2013-05-19 at 11:25 PM.