New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gunnerkrigg Court 3: Mystery Solved!

Robot should totally unload a can of whoopass on those jerks. Don't they know that tender moments with friends are not to be interrupted?

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Three thoughts are struggling for dominance in my mind right now...

1) The Seraph robot BROKE ROBOT'S ARM with its thin little ones. How strong ARE these guys???

2) Shadow is on Robot's lap. Robot is on the edge of a tall building. Robot is standing up. Move BACK, you guys!!!

3) I wonder how they found him? All that's left of the original S-13 is his chip, unless it's emitting some sort of ID signal he should be undetectable. And if he DOES show up on IFF scans, you'd think they'd have found him before this. He's been in several crowds of robots before. Maybe this is something unique to Seraph models.

This is a VERY unwelcome development. Although as I recall, S-13 is regarded as a criminal in the robot world. So perhaps it should have been expected, sometime.

But I wasn't expecting it.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Three thoughts are struggling for dominance in my mind right now...

1) The Seraph robot BROKE ROBOT'S ARM with its thin little ones. How strong ARE these guys???

2) Shadow is on Robot's lap. Robot is on the edge of a tall building. Robot is standing up. Move BACK, you guys!!!

3) I wonder how they found him? All that's left of the original S-13 is his chip, unless it's emitting some sort of ID signal he should be undetectable. And if he DOES show up on IFF scans, you'd think they'd have found him before this. He's been in several crowds of robots before. Maybe this is something unique to Seraph models.

This is a VERY unwelcome development. Although as I recall, S-13 is regarded as a criminal in the robot world. So perhaps it should have been expected, sometime.

But I wasn't expecting it.
    Yeah but he's now under the protection of Kat the Mechaangel, and presumably the Robot King.

We may be looking at the start of a Robot Civil War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

...Shadow. Shadow, you are so freaking cool.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So That's what Shadow needed to practice in their escape. I was wondering how he would get down safely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

So going 3d didn't get rid of all the shadowy stuff he can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well this is a new thing.

Well, actually Qwertystop's post above has me thinking no it isn't. He could change his shape since the beginning after all.

This has me wondering what the limits on his abilities are.
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Troll in the Playground

They're going to share a room? Then where's Rey going to go? Is he getting a room of his own? Maybe he's moving into Kat's room.

How many different hairstyles does this make for Kat? Also, is she wearing makeup, or it that a blush, or does she have beauty marks under her eyes I never noticed?

9. - Top - End - #1089

She's blushing while looking at Paz. I assumed she's hesitant to share a room with a girl because of the rumours about her sexuality that were alluded to in the last Zimmy chapter.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I wonder if the Court is trying to isolate Rey from Annie.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

11. - Top - End - #1091

Anyone else notice Paz's shadow in the fourth panel by the doorway?

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwolf727 View Post
    Anyone else notice Paz's shadow in the fourth panel by the doorway?
    [singsong voice]Someone's jealous.[/singsong voice]

I will continue to believe that Paz has a crush on Kat until it's absolutely confirmed otherwise. She's the one who interpreted a compliment as flirting after all. Had it on her mind maybe? :3

I like how Annie just snags Kat's arm and hauls on it to check time. don't bother asking or anything. Must be a girl thing?
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Bugbear in the Playground

Re: Kat's sexuality

While I tend to agree that adding lesbianism to the Kat/Annie dynamic isn't really where the comic needs to go, I have a hard time believing that everything that's happened is just coincidence - by my count, this marks the fourth out of the last four chapters with Kat in more than just the bonus page where some sort of innuendo took place. Especially considering the sources (William or Red would be one thing, but I don't see Reynard, Paz, and Zemmy all comparing notes.)

That said, I also agree that Kat's interest in men has been well-established, and spending all this time foreshadowing and then revealing the more-or-less obvious answer seems a little too unsubtle for the comic. My theory is this - Annie is a lesbian. She came out to Kat sometime after the summer break, and Kat's insecurity is her dealing with the idea that her best friend has a same-sex attraction. This is picked up by Zemmy (who is sort of psychic,) and Reynard (who may be in on it, or just good at reading people.) I think this has several storytelling advantages - it fits with Annie's previous lack of interest in boys, avoids making Kat the "gay friend," provides a better explanation then Annie gave for the whole Jack affair, and would be more unexpected than Kat being a lesbian/bisexual and more worthy of six chapters worth of foreshadowing than lunchroom gossip about Kat.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2012-12-28 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Clarified the first sentence
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I like how Annie just snags Kat's arm and hauls on it to check time. don't bother asking or anything. Must be a girl thing?
    I think its more an "Annie is still a bit socially awkward" thing
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, it's just a friend thing. I do it jokingly to my friends all the time. In fact, sometimes I grab the hands of my girl friends to use their nails to open stuff, with an "excuse me" and a grin.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post

While I tend to agree that lesbianism isn't really where the comic needs to go, I have a hard time believing that everything that's happened is just coincidence - by my count, this marks the fourth out of the last four chapters with Kat in more than just the bonus page where some sort of innuendo took place. Especially considering the sources (William or Red would be one thing, but I don't see Reynard, Paz, and Zemmy all comparing notes.)

That said, I also agree that Kat's interest in men has been well-established, and spending all this time foreshadowing and then revealing the more-or-less obvious answer seems a little too unsubtle for the comic. My theory is this - Annie is a lesbian. She came out to Kat sometime after the summer break, and Kat's insecurity is her dealing with the idea that her best friend has a same-sex attraction. This is picked up by Zemmy (who is sort of psychic,) and Reynard (who may be in on it, or just good at reading people.) I think this has several storytelling advantages - it fits with Annie's previous lack of interest in boys, avoids making Kat the "gay friend," provides a better explanation then Annie gave for the whole Jack affair, and would be more unexpected than Kat being a lesbian/bisexual and more worthy of six chapters worth of foreshadowing than lunchroom gossip about Kat.
    Hmm, that's an interesting theory. Also not sure what you mean by "lesbianism isn't really were the comic needs to go"? Like, the comic has romance, why can't it be queer romance?
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1097

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Hmm, that's an interesting theory. Also not sure what you mean by "lesbianism isn't really were the comic needs to go"? Like, the comic has romance, why can't it be queer romance?
    I agree. It sort of already has queer romance anyway, in the form of Shadow and Robot's weird relationship thing.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I agree. It sort of already has queer romance anyway, in the form of Shadow and Robot's weird relationship thing.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    More that I'm happy with the current Kat/Annie dynamic and don't think it needs to be changed. I certainly didn't mean to imply that I would be against LGBT relationships in the comic period.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2012-12-28 at 08:58 PM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

Why would Katt being gay (not that I think that she is) change the dynamic of her friendship with Annie?

You can be friends with people who are of the gender you're attracted to.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

21. - Top - End - #1101

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Why would Katt being gay (not that I think that she is) change the dynamic of her friendship with Annie?

If you are a lesbian or a gay and you hang out with a friend who is a boy or a girl respectively, people are going to start rumors. Kat is rather sensitive about her sexuality after the Paz incident and she doesn't want people to start accusing her of being in a 'relationship' with Annie. At the same time she doesn't want to abandon Annie either and thus it becomes awkward as hell. 14/15 year old teenagers can be pretty mean when it comes to teasing you as well and not many of her classmates are going to believe that Annie and Kat are just friends, especially if Paz starts talking about the incident.
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2012-12-28 at 09:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1102

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post

It's bad enough when both people are straight and everyone around is promulgating and buying into rumors that the pair are sexually and romantically a couple, regardless of the specific sexes of the people involved. While it's possible that this alone wouldn't change the dynamic of the friendship, I've only seen and lived examples where merely having people make rumors about a pair of friends being lovers was enough to cause them to change the way things were done in order to quell said rumors so that, in the most puerile case, said rumors didn't give potential lovers the wrong idea and close beds to them that would otherwise have been quite open.

The stresses of actually being non-heteronormative, regardless of actually having a thing for said friend in the end or not, well, it can't really be argued that those would make the situation any better save for the scenario wherein both are sexually and romantically into one another and the stress of it causes them to admit their feelings and start a relationship proper.

Though that would by necessity change the dynamic of their friendship by adding the lovers tag.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-12-28 at 10:16 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post

While I tend to agree that adding lesbianism to the Kat/Annie dynamic isn't really where the comic needs to go, I have a hard time believing that everything that's happened is just coincidence - by my count, this marks the fourth out of the last four chapters with Kat in more than just the bonus page where some sort of innuendo took place. Especially considering the sources (William or Red would be one thing, but I don't see Reynard, Paz, and Zemmy all comparing notes.)

I'd be surprised by that. I think that it's more likely that Annie is asexual. "That... kind of thing is of no concern to me. "

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.
    Relevant to the discussion:

It's not a slam-dunk I'll agree, but it seemed that way to some people. I think this quote from a poster on the GKC forum sums the discussion up perfectly:
    Originally Posted by basser
    "So, Fire Head Girl, what have you been up to since last we spoke?"
    "I accidentally turned one of your glass-eyed men three dimensional and dressed him up in people clothes. He is now in a platonic quasi-homosexual relationship with a robot who may or may not be attempting to create a messianic cult centred around the worship of a schoolgirl. Also I failed maths again."
    "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

24. - Top - End - #1104

NecromancerGuy

I'd be surprised by that. I think that it's more likely that Annie is asexual. "That... kind of thing is of no concern to me. "
    If even half of what's been said about her ancestry is true, then it's in her best interests, really.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

If even half of what's been said about her ancestry is true, then it's in her best interests, really.
    Is it really though? Without a child her soul, which is sort of the "real her" will experience a true and final death. But at least she'll get a good long life as Antimony first, so it's not all bad.

26. - Top - End - #1106

NecromancerGuy

Is it really though? Without a child her soul, which is sort of the "real her" will experience a true and final death. But at least she'll get a good long life as Antimony first, so it's not all bad.
    Much better to choose when to die than to die because the condom broke.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1107

Much better to choose when to die than to die because the condom broke.
    Can I put that in my sig? I love it so much.
    Last edited by Moonwolf727; 2012-12-30 at 12:07 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1108

NecromancerGuy

Can I put that in my sig? I love it so much.
    Well, I'll not stand in your way.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Was the rss changed? There wasn't a notice for the last few pages.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

A bit SUSPICIOUS there's a robot eye witness readily available to tell them what happened. I can't imagine any robot would set a trap for the Angel, but they might intend to send her on a wild goose chase while they deal with S-13...