Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: AA's Kingmaker Part I: The Stolen Lands

Assuming Tireas killed the look-out, I'm thinking it's probably better to proceed cautiously from here. I'm not sure what you've got planned Blisstake, but maybe avoiding the fire would be wiser? Both Ilya and Zinovia are out of 1st level spells, so if we get into a big fight, there won't be burning hands or sleep to neutralize multiple enemies at a time. So maybe take out any stragglers and then return to the party to attack in the morning? Thoughts?
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Jensi Jiri in Curse of the Crimson Throne Parts I, II, III, and IV, and Zivian Thiel in The King's Men.

Spoiler: Old Games
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking about using my dagger to slit him across the throat so his clothes/armor don't get bloodied (another reason I didn't use the katana). Then I was thinking of stripping him down, wearing his armor, and putting my disguise skill to good use

That would probably involve just waiting and killing the person to relieve him.
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-06-09 at 07:07 PM.

DMs get experience too, you know. Every time a player dies, they level up.

3. - Top - End - #93

Tireas can stay up all night dressed as a bandit and kill whoever comes up for watch duty one at a time
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Characters: Jensi Jiri in Curse of the Crimson Throne Parts I, II, III, and IV, and Zivian Thiel in The King's Men.

Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

If he sticks around after killing one, they'll probably come check what happened to the guy who was supposed to go off-duty.
    Fantastic avatar by Ceika.

Games stuff:

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    If he sticks around after killing one, they'll probably come check what happened to the guy who was supposed to go off-duty.
    Then Tireas would be able to escape easily enough. Or just kill them if they come one by one

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leviathan, I assume the spell you cast last round was ray of frost, as it's the only one you have that does damage. But make sure you specify in future, just in case the monster has resistance.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Rolling for channeling here; who knew previewing a post with a die roll in it borked it? I sure didn't!

(1d6)[1]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oh My God View Post
    Rolling for channeling here; who knew previewing a post with a die roll in it borked it? I sure didn't!

[roll0]
    Yeah, it's kind of silly how it does that.

9. - Top - End - #99

Indeed, very silly.

Also silly is a crit with a 1d3 spell; such a waste! Let's see, though.

Confirm:

Touch attack: (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[2]

Edit: well, at least no silliness, then.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 2012-06-11 at 08:51 AM.

Games stuff:

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Man, that die roller really doesn't like Ilya's Rapid Shot, does it?

Its a sign of how much I enjoy this game that I'm -already- writing up things about the eventual form of government we might have. Evil plans, this one has.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know, I think we should consider what we'd like in the new kingdom, but we shouldn't put stock into anything yet. We don't even know who the leader will be (in some games that's pretty much a foregone decision), especially when you consider that, if we're using the typical leader rules, 4 of our characters would make equally competent leaders (of course, that's keeping in mind that we'd use the original rules. There's a good chance AA will be changing them since they're so borked up)
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-06-11 at 05:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

What I'm writing has more to do with the general -structure- of the thing rather than any specifics as to filled roles; the underpinnings, the substrata to the system that exists below what the PCs will fill. I'm a nerd who plays lots of Paradox games, and the ones I really like involve dickering with really tiny, trivial, mundane things. Ultimately, its is entirely probable that none of it will be used, depending on how and why the actual country creation happens. All I know about this module is that, at the end, we find ourselves holding a scepter and going 'huh!'.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I certainly don't mind if anyone wants to discuss kingdom stuff here before we get to part 2. I'm not familiar enough with the rules for that just yet to say what I'll be changing for sure, but I'm open to suggestions.

Enthusiasm about what's to come never hurts, though. And who knows, if I hear anything cool, I might do something with it

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I didn't worry about the rules in my game until about a week before it happened. You can check the front page of the OOC if you want the details, but I'm sure you can come up with something better

15. - Top - End - #105

I feel like we should wait until we see whether Tireas can hide again before we all go charging in. There's a decent chance that, if he can kill the bandit and then move behind a tree or something that he'll be able to escape the camp. It will be a much simpler fight if we have spells and hitpoints back.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm afraid of luring them toward us though. Gah, I should have disposed of the body; I'm a horrible killer!

17. - Top - End - #107

They'll only be able to follow Tireas if they can find him Once he rejoins the group, we can all relocate to a position a bit more removed from the camp.
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Err, I just noticed, I meant to throw a shuriken, but I said dagger instead. That's why I rolled a d2 instead of a d4. Not really an issue is it?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

And a stealth check if necesary

(1d20+5)[24]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

We are (reasonably) close to the camp; they don't -have- to follow Tireas to find us, they just need to execute a good search pattern around their camp. The nice thing about a search pattern, of course, is that it likely means they split up, and (if we spot the group that spots us), we can remove another group of them piecemeal.

Despite the high chance of us being spotted, I still think the best course of action is to hold here. I've got a couple of suggestions for if/when then find us, but its minor things. We'll see if we need it.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Rolling for the last channel of the day before going 'to bed', between that and natural healing, I'm hoping we'll all be nice and topped off for health.

Channel: (1d6)[3]

22. - Top - End - #112

AA, is it okay for me to retroactively say that Zinovia cast mage armour on herself before the fight started, since I realize I forgot to make a post to that effect?

Games stuff:

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

I too will have Estanos cast a spell 'as we approach'. Namely, Protection from Evil on Viktor.

And the plan wasn't executed -perfectly-, but it'll work fine enough. The general gist was to have Tireas closer to us; less of a full pincer, and more of in a position to immediately flank anyone who charged us. But having Tireas on their flank will be great; he can charge in next turn at B6 and cause some pants wetting fear. Always nice to turn the enemy flank.

I'm suggesting (if he reads this before he posts) that Winterfell has Viktor 'charge' B4, B5, or Kressle (whether its a literal charge to get an attack, or just a double move to get in front of where Zinovia is and have a higher AC is a question; my vote is for the charge). We need to buy the wizardress a round so she can get that Burning Hands spell off; once next round rolls around, Viktor can swing one more time and take a 5 foot back out of the way. If we -don't- move forward to support her, the bandits can just drop their bows, take a step forward, and pretty much murder her (since she's prone).

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rolling to confirm crit from IC: (1d20+10)[19]
    Extra crit damage: (1d10+8)[10]
    LGBTitP

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

All those words, and I roll a sodding 7 on the blamed dice. Here's hoping him desperately wanting to not die means that he's only 'unfriendly'.

26. - Top - End - #116

Still an impressive result, if you ask me. His talkiness and such strikes me as being unfriendly, and I can't imagine their wouldn't be some sort of circumstance bonus for the fact that he's got to be thinking in the back of his head that we could always enchant him, or torture it out of him, or something

Games stuff:

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

From Kressle's camp, your loot is: 2 masterwork hand axes, 1 silver Stag Lord amulet, 4 daggers, 1 potion of cure light wounds, 1 studded leather armour, 7 leather armour, 7 longbows, 7 short swords, 70 gp.

From Oleg's Post fight (I'll assume you looted it): 1 composite longbow (+2 str bonus), 1 silver Stag Lord amulet, 10 leather armour, 9 longbows, 9 short swords, 90 gp.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

I see no reason not to sell the mundane loot, unless anyone's itching for a composite bow or masterwork hand axe. But only one of us has martial weapon proficiency, so...
    Last edited by Blisstake; 2012-06-19 at 11:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

We'll want to hold on to the amulets; they're potentially useful as components for a disguise if we want to impersonate members of the Stag Lord's brood. They also may be a component for opening a back entrance, or used in a puzzle.

I'm thinking Tireas is the one who should have the potion; he's the one most likely to be out of range of Estanos' healing.

How does buying magic items work in this adventure? Is there a 'depot' back in Brevoy, or is our gold mostly for mundane gear?
    Last edited by Oh My God; 2012-06-19 at 05:32 PM. Reason: more

30. - Top - End - #120

Ilya doesn't need any of the gear, so unless someone else does I'm good to sell it all.

Also, re-trying my IC knowledge check: (1d20+6)[18]
    LGBTitP

Amazing avatar by Ceika!

Show