New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anti-HEROES

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default anti-HEROES

Ok, check out the latest page. http://www.antiheroescomic.com/comic/280
    and look at the bottom right. See something familiar?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: anti-HEROES

Oh? they update again? nice!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    Oh? they update again? nice!
    They have gotten a lot more consistant with the addition of a new member of the team. I wonder what they are up to though. Coming back home?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

So, an update just came out!

http://www.antiheroescomic.com/comic/280

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't much care for the way the comic has taken lately.

However, this has prompted me to do another archive binge, to remember the good old times.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

This comic still exists?

*Shock*

I should probably go check it out again.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

as others have basically implied, I was under the impression that this comic died... glad to see it isn't! Time to catch up (and read through em all)!

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I don't much care for the way the comic has taken lately.

<snip>.
    Could you expand on that statement a bit?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't, really. It's just I'm not liking the new party as much as did the old. But then, I've been known to dislike the new just for the sake of being new. I guess this is one of those cases.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

10. - Top - End - #10

HEY! Someone decided to make a thread for us here? That is pretty cool, actually. I kinda wanted to do it, but didn't think we really had the right (a fan doing it is awesome).

There is also an anti-heroe's thread over in the Fan Comics section, under Arts and Crafts!

Yes, the comic still lives. You may or may not have seen awhile back that Zarah, creator, writer, and artist at the time, asked fans here what they wanted to see done, since he didn't have time to continue working on it. Dyluth and I stepped up, and now make a writer/artist team. We have gone through all the existing story that Zarah has given us at the moment, and so the current storylines, the heroes and Laris, and the current Turrick and the Bugbear maid story, are pretty much our creations, kinda killing time until Zarah is able to take some time to get us some more of the "Big Story" to adapt to the comic. I'm glad a lot of people like the new storyline, but I completely understand the cries of, back to the ANTI heroes, not the heroes. I am fully in that camp as well! I can't wait to find out what happens either.

BTW, our current storyline is a giant Werewolf game. We are offering cameo's for forumites! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253028

Also, please be brutally honest in comments about the comic. The only thing I ask is, if you think we suck, tell me WHY we suck!
    Writer, editor. See my works at http://theleakingpen.net

11. - Top - End - #11

12. - Top - End - #12

did I kill the thread?

Update!

http://www.antiheroescomic.com/comic/285

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Nah, you didn't. It's just that sometimes it's hard to really comment something original on a strip, and I (and I presume, others too) don't want to just say 'yay, update! ' after every new page, if you get what I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

14. - Top - End - #14

Comic # 192 is probably my favorite of them all so far, because it's such a Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming to see Aldran and Kerriss just being in love.

Plus it really makes you wonder what they're going to do with the rope and the tail

Also, I'm wondering if the Ivory Captains are supposed to be Ambiguous Counterparts to the Anti-Heroes. Aldran and Ehldrin are pretty obvious, and Zurie and Kerriss make good counterparts (cute, female, snarky, leaders, melee fighters, and in a Slap-Slap-Kiss relationship with their respective member of the Winged Duo). But the other two are a bit vauger. I suppose you could make a case for pairing Kaal with Quentin, but that just leaves Laana and Rallut, which doesn't really match.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

15. - Top - End - #15

Agreed, the fact that they do love each other, no matter what gets in their way, is an awesome thing.

There is a bit of balance on the teams, but well, HERO stories work by having opposites. This isn't a hero story. A villain is directing it. There is only an opposite if it serves his plan to have an opposite.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Naw this sin't a story about villains. This is a story about the people that clean up the messes the hero's leave.

LOVE the title of the book.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by leakingpen View Post
    Agreed, the fact that they do love each other, no matter what gets in their way, is an awesome thing.

There is a bit of balance on the teams, but well, HERO stories work by having opposites. This isn't a hero story. A villain is directing it. There is only an opposite if it serves his plan to have an opposite.
    You know, having half the Ivory Captains be counterparts and half not is a very villianous thing to do. As a wise man said, "An incomplete pattern hurts the brain". It shouts and pesters and demands that it be filled.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

18. - Top - End - #18

19. - Top - End - #19

BTW, I would like to mildly agree with Mordokai's point. It's beginning to get a little annoying having gone so long without seeing what the anti-Heroes are up too, and I'd like to ask that you get back to the anti-Heroes and the Ivory Counterparts soon.

Lego Ergo Sum

20. - Top - End - #20

Unfortunately, that is beyond my control. I'm just as itching to get back to them, but the issues that caused Zaha to turn it over to Dyluthus and I originally are still eating most of his time.

21. - Top - End - #21

Wait, so he only gave you temporary run of the plot? I thought you'd taken it all the way over like Brandon did for Jordan.

Lego Ergo Sum

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Wait, so he only gave you temporary run of the plot? I thought you'd taken it all the way over like Brandon did for Jordan.
    basically, the has a VERY rough outline of the story, but he want's to flesh it out with some more detail, kinda what TV producers refer to as a bible, with descriptions of characters, sequence of events, descriptions of places. I'll then work from that bible making actual scripts, and Dyluthus does his usual wonderful job of doing all the real work, drawing and coloring.

The current two side storylines are my own, but with approval from Zaha. They won't have an effect on the long term plot, they are just temporary stopping blocks.

23. - Top - End - #23

http://antiheroescomic.com/comic/289

"When did foreplay enter into this?"

The evidence for the Eldhin/Zurie ship continues to mount. Any clue how long until the first baby?

Lego Ergo Sum

24. - Top - End - #24

ewww. Just, no. personally I ship Eldhin and rallut and Zurie and Roza.

(please note, that is NOT cannon.)

25. - Top - End - #25

So hey, those that DO like what Dyluth and I have been doing, we're working on our own little project. We're doing a kickstarter to cover startup costs, so that our only investment is time, up front. Please, take a look. Link at the top of my signature.

26. - Top - End - #26

On a totally unrelated topic, what do you suppose Aldran and Keris's kids would be like? I mean, you've got a half-fiend, half celestial, having children by a human with a substantial trace of feindish blood (Kerris's feindish linage appears to be on the upper end of what is considered "tiefling" as opposed to "half-fiend", judging from appearance.)

I'm guessing you'd end up with an Aasimarrian half-fiend, but I'd love to get to the part where we find out (Hint, hint.)

Lego Ergo Sum

27. - Top - End - #27

That is a good question, but we know they had a long relationship without cause to find out. As a dead on half breed like he and Eldhin are, it's possible Aldran is a mule.

28. - Top - End - #28

If this were the real world I would think so, but D&D is considerably more liberal about such things. Also, Aldraan and Keriss can't have been together for too long before he disappeared, given Keriss's age.

Plus, they've got to have Babies Ever After, just as a reward for loving each other so much. As for what kind, I suspect we'd end up with something pretty close to an Aasimarian half-fiend, which is pretty weird.

And Eldhin and Zurie's babies will be just as wierd. You'd essentially get someone who was both Aasimarrian and Tiefling.

What a wierd family reunion!
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-30 at 11:17 AM.

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #29

So, speaking of Aldran and Keriss, and all them...

Zaha chatted us up, and we've got the next part of the main story. The anti-HEROES return shortly! and all i can say about the plot is...

HEH. HEH. HEH.

New comic for Thursday! I smell a lynching!
    Last edited by leakingpen; 2012-11-29 at 03:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Ouch. Lynching usually are a very bad way to go because they do it wrong.