New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

The Baron wasn't the most powerful spark, he was the most adaptable.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think the most powerful spark we've seen is Agatha. The Baron is, while being very powerful, one of the least crazy ones, which means quite an advantage when it comes to a power struggle like this one.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

In terms of magic smarts its defiantly Agatha.

But the Baron has currently the most amount of power in general.

If Agatha can get her stuff together she would be unstoppable.

4. - Top - End - #1114

What I meant was Agatha is stronger as a spark (in magic capabilities as you say) than the Baron. As a Heterodyne, she is probably the most powerful one in entire Europe. In terms of military power, the Baron currently bests her, though not if Agatha had the full power of the Castle, monsters, minions and Jägermonsters. Especially if she has Gil and Tarvek, each powerful sparks on their own right, are on her side. On the other hand, in terms of strategy and cunning, Klaus is the better one as he could get over the mad science thing and build the Empire practically. Agatha is much smarter than most weak sparks who make their creations turn against them, but she is no match for the Baron. Having Gil and Tarvek on her side helps though.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Pixie in the Playground

Does Dimo have 2 hands in the last panel?

One on molochs shoulder and another by molochs right arm.
    Last edited by Bomaz; 2012-11-14 at 05:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    What I meant was Agatha is stronger as a spark (in magic capabilities as you say) than the Baron. As a Heterodyne, she is probably the most powerful one in entire Europe. In terms of military power, the Baron currently bests her, though not if Agatha had the full power of the Castle, monsters, minions and Jägermonsters. Especially if she has Gil and Tarvek, each powerful sparks on their own right, are on her side. On the other hand, in terms of strategy and cunning, Klaus is the better one as he could get over the mad science thing and build the Empire practically. Agatha is much smarter than most weak sparks who make their creations turn against them, but she is no match for the Baron. Having Gil and Tarvek on her side helps though.
    I disagree. While if Agatha had all that she would have the most POTENTIAL strength, in reality she would still be grossly outnumbered and outgunned. Remember, Klaus has apparently stripped all his forces which he uses to rule all of europe with an iron fist and brought it to mechanicsburg. Give her all the stuff you mentioned and a couple years of uninterrupted time to work, and she could probably start annexing neighboring lands easily enough at the very least. Right now she would be lucky to hold mechanicsburg.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bomaz View Post
    Does Dimo have 2 hands in the last panel?

One on molochs shoulder and another by molochs right arm.
    Certainly appears that way. Dimo was one armed in panels 1 and 2, and yet in the final panel it looks like his left hand - which should still be a puddle of goo in Strumshalten - is on Moloch. Either it's a mistake on the Foglios' part, or...

Have we ever seen what happens to Jagers when they get rained on for a prolonged time?

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I disagree. While if Agatha had all that she would have the most POTENTIAL strength, in reality she would still be grossly outnumbered and outgunned. Remember, Klaus has apparently stripped all his forces which he uses to rule all of europe with an iron fist and brought it to mechanicsburg. Give her all the stuff you mentioned and a couple years of uninterrupted time to work, and she could probably start annexing neighboring lands easily enough at the very least. Right now she would be lucky to hold mechanicsburg.
    That's what I'm trying to say. The full power that the Heterodynes had before the Other's attack would be more than enough to drive away the Baron's forces (though probably not to conquer Europe since it's too much concentrated on Mechanicsburg, which is only good for defense). Right now she has only a small fraction working, especially with the Castle broken.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

And of course we see the start of the shopping trip...
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fjolnir View Post
    And of course we see the start of the shopping trip...
    And the continued victimization of Moloch. This will be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

The Baron wasn't the most powerful spark, he was the most adaptable.
    According to the GG page Klaus is proberly the most powerfull spark around, and since we have yet to see anything prove that wrong, then i would think he still holds the title.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #1122

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    According to the GG page Klaus is proberly the most powerfull spark around, and since we have yet to see anything prove that wrong, then i would think he still holds the title.
    Surely if the Baron *is* the most powerful Spark around then Agatha has no hope? She's already massively outgunned and outnumbered by the Baron's forces, if she can't match him in Sparkiness either she's kind of boned.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Surely if the Baron *is* the most powerful Spark around then Agatha has no hope? She's already massively outgunned and outnumbered by the Baron's forces, if she can't match him in Sparkiness either she's kind of boned.
    It might be good to define power. Klaus is apparently one of the strongest Sparks around, able to warp reality through science in ways that take the breath away - sometimes literally - from normals and lesser Sparks. He is ALSO, however, the absolute and astonishingly competent ruler of a vast political / military / industrial / economic empire. No matter how you slice it, that's power.

Agatha may well be a stronger Spark than Klaus. With nothing more than a student's training and what she's learned on her own (increased by van Rijn's notes, and what she's absorbing from Lucrezia), she's proving able to hold her own with Gil, Tarvek, AND her mother. In terms of power, this natural ability is now supplemented by Mechanicsburg, its inhabitants, and the accumulated accessories (Jagers, der Kestle, tons of really neat devices) of centuries of Heterodynes. All this makes the struggle between her and Klaus closer, but unless she can pull out something Klaus has not be able to anticipate and prepare for that completely defeats him (eg, blow up a Death Star with him on it), she will eventually lose. Klaus just has more resources.

Of course things are complicated by the fact Klaus WANTS to lose to her, at this point, and is struggling as best he can against Lu's orders to give her a chance...

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Only if you don't count the tiny little fact, that the Baron is not following Lucrezia willingly and will use every last bit of his intelect to stop her. He will however conceal every loophole and inch of freedom he finds until he is sure to win.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

It's also worth remembering that sometimes power can be dis-empowering. The collected sparks, nobles and forces of Europa are all pieces on his chess-board. He is a big overpowered rogue "queen" on theirs. At least half his forces will flee or turn on him if he doesn't keep each of them in check using the others.

Agatha has a comparatively rag-tag bunch of loonies, but she can move her pieces much more freely without having to worry as much about betrayal fratricide and desertion.

Not to mention, numerous wars demonstrate that agility desperation and home-field advantage often overcome technically superior power.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GaeasSon View Post
    Not to mention, numerous wars demonstrate that agility desperation and home-field advantage often overcome technically superior power.
    Numerous only because of the long dreary history of human warfare. And "often" is stretching it.

As a general rule, expect agility, desperation, and home-field advantage to be utterly insufficient for the purpose of stopping somebody with superior firepower - and considerably more useful for the purpose of poisoning the victor's victory.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I always got the impression that while Klaus might not be the absolute sparkyest spark he was an upper-tier one at least. His power comes from the fact that he's without doubt the sanest one around, is ridiculously smart and completely ruthless while not being needlessly cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

calling it now, Moloch is either the true heir to the throne of the storm king, or the secret Jager general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it bad that I think that that book might be an interesting read?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

Moloch continues to be adorable.

I think he's fast becoming one of my favourite non-Spark/Jager character.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Agreed.

I also loved the little glare Tarvek's giving him in the last panel.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

I can see why Agatha loves her Jagers (except Vole) so much. They're just so... exuberant...

And really handy to have it you want to rip bits of high tech out of various hostile killing machines.

Moloch continues to rise to unexpected heights in his efforts to stay alive.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Meethinks both Agatha and Tarvek are getting closer to the Madness Place by the minute (especially in the first panel). Minions should beware...
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

24. - Top - End - #1134

Quote Originally Posted by St Fan View Post
    Meethinks both Agatha and Tarvek are getting closer to the Madness Place by the minute (especially in the first panel). Minions should beware...
    On the plus side, this is likely earning her major bonus points with the people of mechanicsburg. They sort of expect their heterodyne to wander through the battlefield while the fight is ongoing, just to scavenge interesting looking parts.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Troll in the Playground

Moloch is possibly one of the best secondary character in the comic. He provides a nice balance between snarkyness and being well, normal.

And I was rereading this page and I think I finaly figured out why boris was supicious of Wulfenbach all of a sudden, he's got a very good memory
    (okay admitedly 'no' is a bit of a stretch for a 'direct command' but given his line of questioning I'd say it's something like that, and that's the only scene I can think of with Borris, agahata and full sparky Gill in.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-11-19 at 10:57 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

How long will it be until Moloch earns a Nize Hat?

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Moloch Von Zinzer
    Qvite goot at not dyink
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Who's to say the Jagers haven't made one for him yet?

29. - Top - End - #1139

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Who's to say the Jagers haven't made one for him yet?
    It shall be made of various clank parts Agatha didnt need and will randomly attack him when he wears it. Just to keep the terror going.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Moloch is possibly one of the best secondary character in the comic. He provides a nice balance between snarkyness and being well, normal.
    His normality is kinda making the others less sympathetic to me in their craziness though.