Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    petersohn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hungary
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    I think it's starting to get revealed what's happening about Gil. My theory is that the weasel that screamed at Gil was this new type, and it was "faulty", deliberately or otherwise.

    I'm a Chaotic Neutral Elf Druid/Wizard (2nd/1st Level).
    Proud member of the Miko and Windstriker fan clubs.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.
    Spoiler
    Show


  2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Icedaemon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Tarvek is going to have such back pain after this arc.
    Brewing a new setting (3.5 ed D&D). The setting is complete and ready to play.
    Indeed, here is the recruitment thread for the first run.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    datalaughing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Adorability overload. Does not compute.
    "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight ... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly only when I'm gettin' paid, but ... eating people alive? Where's that get fun?" - Jayne

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Now the folgilos are just messing with Tarvek. I mean come on, cute little baby weasels? Even worse, cute little baby weasels that might be important? I suppose he could improvise a sack of some sort and carry them in his teeth or something. But then what will he do when he stumbles across some scared injured kid who saw everything and needs to be saved because he cant move on his own?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere...

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Aw jeez, fates / Foglios, give the guy a BREAK!

    I assume Mama Weasel is dead and Tarvek, in addition to somehow enticing the baby weasels to climb on board him and adopt him as a surrogate Mama - possibly permanently - won't have to carry her as well...

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground
     
    stsasser's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I'm hoping for a nesting goose.
    Weasel squee!

    Close enough?

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    BABY WEASELS!!!!!


    Okay, now the Foglios are just messing with Tarvek.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BRC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    On Paper
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    BABY WEASELS!!!!!


    Okay, now the Foglios are just messing with Tarvek.
    I am now calling this the "Tarvek Chivalry Katamari" arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Baby weasels, sickening weaselette cuteness overdose. Have Ferretina taken over the office?

    ps: Release date for vol-11 moved to Jan 2013, wtf!?!?

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I assume Mama Weasel is dead
    I assumed mama was the bigger weasel in the back with the massive metal beam pinning her to the ground. It doesn't look survivable.

    Quote Originally Posted by petersohn
    My theory is that the weasel that screamed at Gil was this new type, and it was "faulty", deliberately or otherwise.
    I'm going to say no to this theory in part because the baby ones didn't shriek at Tarvek. But most importantly because if the new breed shrieks only at non-infected people, they would become irritating very quickly when used by the good guys, and they are clearly meant to be adorable indispensable sidekicks, not screaming headaches inducing pests.

    Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-06-27 at 10:49 AM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    I'm going to say no to this theory in part because the baby ones didn't shriek at Tarvek. But most importantly because if the new breed shrieks only at non-infected people, they would become irritating very quickly when used by the good guys, and they are clearly meant to be adorable indispensable sidekicks, not screaming headaches inducing pests.

    Grey Wolf
    Shrieking at any non-infected person would make them pretty much useless, unless Clankcrezia and the Baron managed to wasp every last person on Castle Wulfenbach. I think it's more likely that Klaus's weasel could flip out on demand. Whether or not these weasels are one of that variety remains to be seen, although I don't think Brin would have had a hand in them.
    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Gez's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    Weasel squee!

    Close enough?
    Tarvek's arms still look rather unbroken to me, don't they? So no, not good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Brother Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cippa's River Meadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Now the folgilos are just messing with Tarvek. I mean come on, cute little baby weasels? Even worse, cute little baby weasels that might be important?
    No, even worse than that.

    Cute little baby orphan weasels that might be important.


    By the way, is this jaeger supposed to be Jorgi?
    The hat and uniform look the same and they have similar facial hair, just that their skin tone is slightly different.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2012-06-27 at 05:19 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Squark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Steam ID: Sir_Dwar_Of_Ebberon

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Rockphed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Giant Graffiti.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Yeah, going back, Jorgi is the only candidate for being this Jaeger. I guess he gets talky when he gets hurt.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

    Now offering unsolicited advice.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Brother Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cippa's River Meadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Yeah, going back, Jorgi is the only candidate for being this Jaeger. I guess he gets talky when he gets hurt.
    The curse of being intelligent and knowing how to read.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Othniel Edden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Valley of Salt Lake
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Shrieking at any non-infected person would make them pretty much useless, unless Clankcrezia and the Baron managed to wasp every last person on Castle Wulfenbach. I think it's more likely that Klaus's weasel could flip out on demand. Whether or not these weasels are one of that variety remains to be seen, although I don't think Brin would have had a hand in them.
    Or flips out at uninfected sparks.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Calemyr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Land of Stone and Stars

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    The curse of being intelligent and knowing how to read.
    I love how he's using the book as a checklist: seen that, seen that, broke that, seen that...
    Quote Originally Posted by M'aiq the Liar
    The Wood Elves are not made of wood and the Sea Elves are not made of water. M'aiq still wonders about the High Elves.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Brother Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cippa's River Meadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I love how he's using the book as a checklist: seen that, seen that, broke that, seen that...
    Well aside from toilet paper, what else would a jaeger use a book for?

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Mando Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Jorgi's right! Everyting make vit de perfect sense now!
    Avatar by Mr. Saturn

    Magic... magic never changes

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    petersohn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hungary
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    It seems that Jorgi knows more than we thought.

    I'm a Chaotic Neutral Elf Druid/Wizard (2nd/1st Level).
    Proud member of the Miko and Windstriker fan clubs.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.
    Spoiler
    Show


  22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Maugan Ra's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Oh dear. Right, Tarvek, this is where you'll be wanting to run away. Though I admit maybe it'll be a little difficult with all those passengers.

    Though how in the bloody hell do you even get a Hive Queen on board an airship anyway? I can't imagine they're easy to subdue...

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere...

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Let us all bow to the greatness that are the Foglios. And hope the giant weasel shows up, RIGHT NOW!

    And also falls in love with Tarvek.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well aside from toilet paper, what else would a jaeger use a book for?
    They're JAGERS. As a lethal weapon, of course!

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Why do they even have something like that? Were they actually trying to produce slaver-wasps for training and experimentation? I get that they needed to train the weasels with something, even if "training" was false memories implanted at birth, but you don't need a freaking hive queen for that. You need a single wasp, and then you make copies of the information you want to instill, and then you make copies of the copies. And don't get me started on how dangerous testing slaver wasps could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    I'm stealing the phrase "mental slap" to use on occasion. That's just too awesome.
    Current cookie total: 14

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Balance's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I am now calling this the "Tarvek Chivalry Katamari" arc.
    I have a feeling this is going to make me laugh at odd moments all day.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BRC's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    On Paper
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Why do they even have something like that? Were they actually trying to produce slaver-wasps for training and experimentation? I get that they needed to train the weasels with something, even if "training" was false memories implanted at birth, but you don't need a freaking hive queen for that. You need a single wasp, and then you make copies of the information you want to instill, and then you make copies of the copies. And don't get me started on how dangerous testing slaver wasps could be.
    If they were building a Queen-Killer weasel, they would need a Queen to train it. Hopefully they managed to remove the Queen's ability to spawn more Wasps, but it's still a threat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Thing is, this doesn't look much like the one Queen we've already seen. It's more like a giant Warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."

    Keyboard-avatar by Ceika.
    Spoiler: Pokemon
    Show
    Y Friend Code: 1805-2284-9978
    Friend Safari: Mightyena, Crawdaunt, Absol
    I have IV bred Kabuto, Shellder, Roselia, Mareep, Heracross, Tynamo, Squirtle, Honedge, Elekid, and Horsea for trade.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Oracle_Hunter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    They're JAGERS. As a lethal weapon, of course!
    There is precedent.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!


    ~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

    Elflad

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    If they were building a Queen-Killer weasel, they would need a Queen to train it. Hopefully they managed to remove the Queen's ability to spawn more Wasps, but it's still a threat.
    You don't need a weasel to kill the queen, you just need to get through the swarm protecting it. Which the weasels can already do, if Tarvek is to be believed / not to be mistaken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Thing is, this doesn't look much like the one Queen we've already seen. It's more like a giant Warrior.
    Really? I thought the queen we saw had at least one warrior-esque arm, or at least a highly vestigial one. I can't embed links while I'm on my phone, but if you could put up comparison shots that would be most helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    I'm stealing the phrase "mental slap" to use on occasion. That's just too awesome.
    Current cookie total: 14

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

    Here's the one Queen we've seen.

    Here's the new thingy.

    The Queen has pipes connecting it to the engine, and is slimy. Its limbs could easily be confused with drips of slime from certain angles, when the elbows are not visibly bent. Also, it has a glass dome on its head.

    The New Thing has spiky razory limbs and skin. It appears to be ambulatory, and is not connected to a Hive Engine as far as we can see. Also, it appears to have portholes.

    My guess is that it's a fake Queen built to train the Queenkiller Weasel. Possibly using parts of the real Queen's corpse (no evidence that the Queen was disposed of after they killed it. Probably used it for research).
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-06-29 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."

    Keyboard-avatar by Ceika.
    Spoiler: Pokemon
    Show
    Y Friend Code: 1805-2284-9978
    Friend Safari: Mightyena, Crawdaunt, Absol
    I have IV bred Kabuto, Shellder, Roselia, Mareep, Heracross, Tynamo, Squirtle, Honedge, Elekid, and Horsea for trade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •