New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    You can delete posts. Hit Edit and over the text box there's a little option that says Delete Post.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    I too think that is likely Agatha, and the Foglios are setting it up for a one page spread of her latest outfit (which, since Zeetha was there to help, and these is the Foglios, I'm sure will make her breasts bigger). But that sounded very much like Violetta, I have to say. She does get quite ticked off when Tarvek comes close to killing himself, since she's the one that wants the honor (although maybe not anymore).

Grey Wolf
    Not Violetta. It's clearly in 3rd phase madness place, which indicates an angry spark. So it's either Gil (which is unlikely) or Agatha.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

I suspect the green stuff is Elizabeth's brains. Regicide. Alas, poor Virgin Queen, we hardly knew ye. And you didn't last long, either.

I also suspect it's Agatha. And Monday we're going to get a full page - maybe double page - spread of her in her new outfit, and we'll ALL be shouting "GOTT'S LEEDLE FISH IN TROUSERS!!"

And getting new wallpapers...

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

Am I the only one who noticed that the voice is coming from a vastly different direction then the death ray? If Agatha is screaming, then who is shooting?

edit: grammar fix.

edit2: come downsizing in progress.
    Last edited by Radar; 2012-07-06 at 12:23 PM.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Am I the only one, who noticed, that the voice is coming from a vastly different direction, then the death ray? If Agatha is screaming, then who is shooting?
    In that case, the person, who is screaming, might be screaming at, the person, doing the shooting, for shooting, the wasp.

Why all, the commas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Am I the only one, who noticed, that the voice is coming from a vastly different direction, then the death ray? If Agatha is screaming, then who is shooting?
    Good catch.

Othar doesn't use Death Rays (as far as we've seen) and this particular rescue isn't in his idiom. Agatha is still the most likely voice (intonation, and Madness Text) but it would make more sense for her to have done the shooting and Violetta to do the shouting. Still, the text does look Mad so... it must be Agatha shouting by process of elimination.

So who is the shooter? Death Rays have insufficient Dakka for a Jaegergeneral or Jaeger to have chosen that as their weapon of choice. Zeetha is a melee fighter too, so she's out. Perhaps Higgs playing bodyguard?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    In that case, the person, who is screaming, might be screaming at, the person, doing the shooting, for shooting, the wasp.

Why all, the commas?
    *re-reads the post* I think that only one was superfluous (fixed), unless clauses work differently in english.

edit: more grammar clean-ups.
    Last edited by Radar; 2012-07-06 at 12:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

*re-reads the post* I think, that only one was superfluous (fixed), unless clauses work differently in english.
    The first two commas in your first sentence in your earlier post are unnecessary. So is the first one in the quoted post.

Note: Not meaning to be rude.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The first two commas in your first sentence in your earlier post are unnecessary. So is the first one in the quoted post.

Note: Not meaning to be rude.
    *Peruses a grammar book* Clauses indeed work differently in english.

On a more related note: there's a smiley face on the building in the back - mechanicksburgers are such a cheerful folk.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    He's talking about the giant weasel the Jaegers were fighting, which is definitely not the same as the one that got killed by the beam (that one was much smaller, for a start).
    The giant weasel is now designated 'Chekhov's Weasel'

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn
    Not Violetta. It's clearly in 3rd phase madness place, which indicates an angry spark. So it's either Gil (which is unlikely) or Agatha.
    Yes, I know. That's why my money is on Agatha. But I still think that phrasing is very much Violetta's.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    So who is the shooter? Death Rays have insufficient Dakka for a Jaegergeneral or Jaeger to have chosen that as their weapon of choice.
    Agreed, but they still use them as weapons of opportunity. It could be this general saving Tarvek's bacon with whatever weapon he happens to have on hand, and Agatha shouting from the door to the museum.

We'll soon see - including the not entirely unlikely possibility that shooter and shouter are the same person, and the talk bubble is just not aimed right.

Edit: in fact, depending on how you look at it, they both are coming over Tarvek's left shoulder - IF you assume that the shout is happening concurrently with the last panel, even if it is mostly over the explody-bug panel.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-07-06 at 03:27 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'll pass on guessing who's shooting, but when it comes to who's shouting, my money's on the muse of protection.
    Ahthankya, thankyaverymuch.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Elvaris View Post
    I'll pass on guessing who's shooting, but when it comes to who's shouting, my money's on the muse of protection.
    Can't be. She's not a muse, and that is most definitely the voice of De Madness Place, judging by the jagged edges of the speech bubbles.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Actually, the big cat clank is in fact Von Pinn-ah-Madame Otilia, and while it hasn't happened to this extent, her speech bubbles do get spiky when she's angry. It may not be a safe bet, but I'll take my chances.
    Ahthankya, thankyaverymuch.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Looking back, Otilia is certainly a contender for being upset at Tarvek trying to get himself killed
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Spiky, sure, but the jagged, irregular shape of Madness Place speech has always been distinctive in GG - even in that linked comic, Otilia's GRAAAAAH speech pubble is all angular spikes and triangles, where the alternating straight lines and curves and lumps and spiny bits of WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING is much closer to, say, here or here.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Spiky, sure, but the jagged, irregular shape of Madness Place speech has always been distinctive in GG - even in that linked comic, Otilia's GRAAAAAH speech pubble is all angular spikes and triangles, where the alternating straight lines and curves and lumps and spiny bits of WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING is much closer to, say, here or here.
    Actually, the very next page from the "spiky" one shows that the speech for Castle in Muse's Body is generally irregular, with little separate bubbles, much like sparkspeech. Muse In Tiger Clank's Body's voice is also irregular and blobby, though it lacks the bubbles. Seems anything related to Heterodynes gains a bit of Spark in its voice.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-07-06 at 08:18 PM.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #377

New page. It seems it's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gil. In a mecha.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

I approve.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

I disaprove, i think its Agatha in whatever suit Zetha made her wear.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I disaprove, i think its Agatha in whatever suit Zetha made her wear.
    Seems like it. After all, she was the last one to have Gil's zappy stick.

21. - Top - End - #381

The speech pattern of the previous update could be either Gil or Agatha, but this one is more Gil for me. Though story-wise, Agatha is somewhat more likely.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    New page. It seems it's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gil. In a mecha.
    Nah, it's got Gil's Lightning Rod.

It's obviously Agatha in power armour.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Firbolg in the Playground

The specific complaints makes it seem like it's Violetta in a mech suit made by Agatha with Gil's zappy stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

It's Agatha in power armor.

We know Agatha's in there because it has a battleaxe and every Princess needs a battleaxe.

The speech pattern does seem more like Violetta but perhaps this is just Agatha getting more upset with Tarvek being heroic without her. Or Violetta could be in there too -- it might be a two-seater
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Gort! Klaatu Barada Nikto!

The armor is impressive. Not the 'Wow!' I was expecting, but impressive.

I think it's Agatha. She had Gil's lightning stick last (and she's apparently recharged it since it and Science failed her). Violetta is (probably) still stuck listening to Othar. Gil's in heavy incarceration on Castle Wulfenbach (and confused about whether he's been WASPed or not) and that will take time to resolve. Blasting an enemy isn't Zeetha's style, and Otiliia would have gone for the Queen with her claws. By process of elimination (and because it's time for her to get back on center stage and show her new look), it has to be our beloved Girl Genius.

Naturally I'll be wrong about that...

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That seems less like "Armor", and more like a "Giant Robot". As for tarvek's confusion, well Wulfenbach's are well known for their Oversized Machinery (too lazy to find comic).

Still, I have a feeling that's Agatha. The Armor's speakers apparently distort the voice enough that he can't tell, but I don't see how it can be Gil unless we're about to flashback to Gil's Miraculous Escape.
    The Armor has a Heterodyne Trilobite on it, which means it's probably mechanisburg made. It's Huge and ornate, which means it's probably leftover from a previous Heterodyne, not fresh-made.

Yeah, my guess is that this is Agatha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Agatha seems to be the obvious answer. Which is why I am hoping it is not Agatha. After 2 pages of build up it better not be the obvious answer.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Agatha seems to be the obvious answer. Which is why I am hoping it is not Agatha. After 2 pages of build up it better not be the obvious answer.
    I bet it's Bang. We know she likes Tarvek (or at least likes taunting him/flirting with him/whatever she was doing). She took an odd chemical potion mix thingy. It might have messed with her such that she sounds like a spark when angry (there were people hypothesizing that she would become sparky when she took it, after all). She would also jump at the chance to operate a giant robot thing with an axelaser.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

NO, NO, WAIT!!! I get it! We're all WRONG, horribly, terribly WRONG! The Foglios are throwing another twist at us! It's NOT Agatha, Violetta, Gil, Bang, or any of the usual suspects, it's the KID!!! The sentry for the Glorious Mechanicsburg Children's Crusade, Peanut Militia, and Stink Bombers Secret Society of Justice!!! Tarvek took his wooden sword, so he put on his battle armor and went out to beat on Elizabeth!

Kids don't have mechanized battle armor, you say? They do in Japan, apparently, or so anime tells us. Why should it be different in Mechanicsburg?

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    NO, NO, WAIT!!! I get it! We're all WRONG, horribly, terribly WRONG! The Foglios are throwing another twist at us! It's NOT Agatha, Violetta, Gil, Bang, or any of the usual suspects, it's the KID!!! The sentry for the Glorious Mechanicsburg Children's Crusade, Peanut Militia, and Stink Bombers Secret Society of Justice!!! Tarvek took his wooden sword, so he put on his battle armor and went out to beat on Elizabeth!
    By far the most reasonable thing I've read all day.
    Truth resists simplicity.