New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    "Arial bombardment from high altitude."

It could be worse, guys. You could be bombarded with Comic Sans.
    Two ways this can be fixed: The boring way and the Phil way. The boring way is they just fix the typo. The Phil way is they change the 'Boom' sound effects so they are indeed in Arial.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Wait...

It's monday. Have they ever missed an update before? Because I think they just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Wait...

It's monday. Have they ever missed an update before? Because I think they just did.
    They're at a convention, and Monday isn't over yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    They're at a convention, and Monday isn't over yet.
    Yeah, but this is the first time I can remember where the comic isn't already up by now.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Yeah, but this is the first time I can remember where the comic isn't already up by now.
    I think the Foglios are falling behind.

There hasn't been a Sneaky Gate in months and the comic has been late more often than not. They must've run out buffer long ago and are now hustling to keep up with their schedule.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    I think the Foglios are falling behind.

There hasn't been a Sneaky Gate in months and the comic has been late more often than not. They must've run out buffer long ago and are now hustling to keep up with their schedule.
    We know for a fact that their colour buffer was non-existent when their colourist fell sick, so I suspect that is indeed the reality of the situation (interestingly, buffer-meister Tayler measures the inked pre-coloured strips for purposes of his buffer calculations).

That said, it might be they are having trouble connecting to their servers from England. They would have said something in advance or at least by now if they could connect, so they may have the page and just unable to show it.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-08-13 at 01:27 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

7. - Top - End - #667
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know, it feels like the end of the world.

Damn English time.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man, I think I might be out of patience too if I was the baron.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Indeed, rejoice!

10. - Top - End - #670
    Bugbear in the Playground

I guess we have new defenders for Mechanicsburg.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

11. - Top - End - #671

As if Agatha didn't have enough loons defenders to keep an eye on.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

12. - Top - End - #672

I like how he attributes to logic and science things that have no business being in the same room as logic and science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Man, I think I might be out of patience too if I was the baron.
    Actually, The Baron was likely given orders to elimate as many enemy sparks as he could. When the Other first started she did the same thing (destroying the compitition).

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

The second speech bubble in panel one is messed up.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I like how he attributes to logic and science things that have no business being in the same room as logic and science.
    It's the Internet concept of logic, in which each statement in a sequence of statements occurs after the previous statement.
    Last edited by BannedInSchool; 2012-08-14 at 12:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    It's the Internet concept of logic, in which each statement in a sequence of statements occurs after the previous statement.
    First statements in a sequence of statements are not a product of logic but of rigorous scientific observation, experimentation, or a meme, so that the first statement in a sequence of statements need not occur after a previous statement, but previous to a previous statement.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Halfling in the Playground

LOL, more looneys in Mechanicsburg!
    And more "fun" for our favourite "alpha minion". Given his proven natural talent in managing looney sparks, who do you think will have to attend to this "asylum seekers"?
    I guess in little time Moloch will lose patience too and will join Othar in the quest to kill all the sparks!

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
    And more "fun" for our favourite "alpha minion". Given his proven natural talent in managing looney sparks, who do you think will have to attend to this "asylum seekers"?
    I guess in little time Moloch will lose patience too and will join Othar in the quest to kill all the sparks!
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if these "Asylum Seekers" are rounded up and sent to jail with the people who were captured attacking the city. They're too unpredictable, and until recently hostile, to be safely used.

Mind you, they ARE trusting the sparks from the Castle Repair Crew (Or at the very least the Mad Social Scientist and SpiderDoctor), but Moloch knows them, and they've already demonstrated loyalty to Agatha.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if these "Asylum Seekers" are rounded up and sent to jail with the people who were captured attacking the city. They're too unpredictable, and until recently hostile, to be safely used.

Mind you, they ARE trusting the sparks from the Castle Repair Crew (Or at the very least the Mad Social Scientist and SpiderDoctor), but Moloch knows them, and they've already demonstrated loyalty to Agatha.
    [/Center]

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    They also know who the boss is (Moloch )

21. - Top - End - #681

Well now as far as making use of them these "asylum seekers" haven't actually offered their services. On the contrary it strikes me that as demonstrated opportunists, they're more concerned with finding a place they can lay low til they get another chance to take over.

I'm thinking the best thing to do with them might well be as Moloch suggests - let Her Sparkiness turn them into fish. Of course, that giant monkey is rather large, maybe she'll need to Summon Bigger Fish for that one.
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

22. - Top - End - #682

Well, we know that, for the most part, the baron has made a habit of incorporating rogue sparks and their creations into his empire. The books describe it more in depth. Basically he beats them and then offers them jobs making stuff for him and gives them labs and freedom to run with various ideas while nudging them to do more constructive things and basically makes them so happy that they don't even want to leave.

So maybe Agatha could work out something similar in Mechanicsburg. Especially if the Baron, under the control of the Other, is going to start offing enemy sparks instead of recruiting them. If Agatha can set up the defenses well enough to make Mechanicsburg a safe zone, she could get a seriously insane think-tank sort of situation happening in Mechanicsburg, as long as all the lesser sparks know who's in charge (and the Castle can always help keep them in line). If she can spin this right, it could be very good for the safety of her town in the long-run.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

23. - Top - End - #683

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    Well, we know that, for the most part, the baron has made a habit of incorporating rogue sparks and their creations into his empire. The books describe it more in depth. Basically he beats them and then offers them jobs making stuff for him and gives them labs and freedom to run with various ideas while nudging them to do more constructive things and basically makes them so happy that they don't even want to leave.

So maybe Agatha could work out something similar in Mechanicsburg. Especially if the Baron, under the control of the Other, is going to start offing enemy sparks instead of recruiting them. If Agatha can set up the defenses well enough to make Mechanicsburg a safe zone, she could get a seriously insane think-tank sort of situation happening in Mechanicsburg, as long as all the lesser sparks know who's in charge (and the Castle can always help keep them in line). If she can spin this right, it could be very good for the safety of her town in the long-run.
    I think you misplaced your hyphen. A gathering of sparks would be an insane-think tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

24. - Top - End - #684

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I think you misplaced your hyphen. A gathering of sparks would be an insane-think tank.
    Well, that would be an alternate meaning of "asylum."

25. - Top - End - #685
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

"An asylum of sparks" is now my head-canon for the term for a group of mad scientists.

EDIT: I just noticed something odd....why is the minion telling himself to calm down? Shouldn't that speech bubble be pointing off-panel, since it would make sense to be coming from the aeroape Spark?
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-08-15 at 02:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    EDIT: I just noticed something odd....why is the minion telling himself to calm down? Shouldn't that speech bubble be pointing off-panel, since it would make sense to be coming from the aeroape Spark?
    Querty pointed it out a while back.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

27. - Top - End - #687

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Querty pointed it out a while back.
    Yeah, I think it was fairly obvious, given the "sparky" shape of the speech bubble that it's Senear talking, and the tail just points the wrong way. Stuff happens, and given they were bit late and perhaps rushed to get the strip up I don't think it's a major problem.

28. - Top - End - #688

Update - a bit late, and no colors yet, but finally !
    Spoiler
    Show
    The castle is back, with music perfectly matching for the occation!
    Last edited by hajo; 2012-08-15 at 05:11 PM.
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

29. - Top - End - #689

BarbarianGuy

Dirigible-lag is hell.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder what the story of the big machine is. Why would the Heterodynes build such a thing - it looks like a generator of some kind - and then brick it up? Some sort of secret weapon?

I also wonder what der Kestel's problem is. Moloch has repaired the water wheel and now apparently the coal gas lines: Just how much power does it need to stabilize itself and reactivate its memory circuits? It's not as if it's having to devote effort to fighting, any more. Of course it might be pouring all the power it's getting into reconnaissance to see what's coming, and running city systems so the Mechanicsburgers can build up defenses: But still, it seems like a very massive energy sink.