New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I wonder how Snaug is reacting to the sight of the squid? It probably brings back bad memories... but on the other hand, she apparently runs into situations like that often.
    What memories? Mittelmind always clears it for her birthday.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

2. - Top - End - #722

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    What memories? Mittelmind always clears it for her birthday.
    He hasn't had a chance to since she met the "impertinent mechanical squid in the cistern.
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bloodstone Paladins? Who wants to bet they have a legion of clank Paladins of Slaughter?
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

Subterranean mecha-narwals. Why is it always subterranean mecha-narwals?

I hadn't realized the Abbess was wearing armor in addition to a sword. Maybe the Battle Goddess of the Dyne motif hasn't been supplanted after all. On the other hand, this is Mechanicsburg: It might be natural for its religious leaders to also be mega-warriors.

Sustained smiting. I think we are all in favor of sustained smiting. As long as it's not on us.

5. - Top - End - #725

Wait, shouldn't Mechanicsburg have collapsed into the tunnels created by these subterranean machines long, long ago?
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    Wait, shouldn't Mechanicsburg have collapsed into the tunnels created by these subterranean machines long, long ago?
    They appear to create self-collapsing tunnels just like the Deep 6. Also, Mechanicsburg itself is girded with fortified basements which likely support the whole town down to the bedrock.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

7. - Top - End - #727

"These are no ORDINARY subterranean mechanarwhals!"

That just slays me!
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miklus View Post
    "These are no ORDINARY subterranean mechanarwhals!"

That just slays me!
    Possible new-thread title already?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

I hadn't realized the Abbess was wearing armor in addition to a sword.
    I think I'm gonna be in luv. Sigh.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    I think I'm gonna be in luv. Sigh.
    Wait until you see her with her firm, muscular thighs wrapped around her charger, urging the powerful beast to new heights of exertion and force as she wields her weapons with swift, sure hands, taking on all comers and overwhelming them with her strength and passion...

Yeah, I think I'll shut up now.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Firbolg in the Playground

And thus we see why the Heterodynes were unstoppable: they didn't bother with already named things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh. I'm just going to have to wait for more stern commands.

Any real reason not to accept the General's conclusion?

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

I bet whoever named Occam Hetrodyne did the same thing as Moloch's mother.

It's good that Agatha's Shadow Cabinet figured out part of what Klaus is up to, but I suspect if Tarvek were there (where is he?) they'd have gotten the rest of it: That Klaus is obeying the orders of the Other to kill Agatha, but doing so in such a way as to give Agatha and Co. as much of a chance as he can. If they figured that out it might give them more hope. But it also might give them a false sense of security: The moment 'Anevka' arrives on scene and takes over, Klaus' soft pedaling will be at an end and Mechanicsburg will be destroyed if they don't have their defenses up or Klaus neutralized.

14. - Top - End - #734

NecromancerGirl

It can also be that Lucrezia still needs Agatha's body. If she is captured and finally fully fitted with Lucrezia, "Agatha" can "escape", "defeat" the evil Baron together with Gil, and then do the Europa thing.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Considering that Lucy bot gave orders that Agatha be killed if it became "necessary" ( http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20061018 ) I don't think so.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Another possibility (and I don't know how likely it is, but I want to throw it out there) is that Klaus is being forced to obey contradicting orders. If Pink!Lu has ordered Klaus to kill Agatha (because she still has hopes of pretending to be the true Heterodyne) while Clank!Lu has ordered Klaus to not kill her daughter just yet (because she is Agatha!Lu and her death is not yet necessary), Klaus could be attempting to follow both sets of orders at once in the most extreme application of Murphy Laws ever devised (to whit: "if you are given two contradictory orders, follow both"). And this could be happening since Pink!Lu has her own agenda that she is keeping from Clank!Lu, so they may just keep upping the ante of the orders they give Klaus.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2012-08-28 at 09:32 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

17. - Top - End - #737

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Another possibility (and I don't know how likely it is, but I want to throw it out there) is that Klaus is being forced to obey contradicting orders. If Pink!Lu has ordered Klaus to kill Agatha (because she still has hopes of pretending to be the true Heterodyne) while Clank!Lu has ordered Klaus to not kill her daughter just yet (because she is Agatha!Lu and her death is not yet necessary), Klaus could be attempting to follow both sets of orders at once in the most extreme application of Murphy Laws ever devised (to whit: "if you are given two contradictory orders, follow both"). And this could be happening since Pink!Lu has her own agenda that she is keeping from Clank!Lu, so they may just keep upping the ante of the orders they give Klaus.

Grey Wolf
    Klaus is smart enough to contort order sets that aren't contradictory into order sets that are. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post

Grey Wolf
    This is POSSIBLE, yes. But it would require that Clank!Lu has ordered Klaus to Obey Pink!Lu as herself, since Clank!Lu has the Voice and Zola does not. It would also require that both of them be absent right now - which DOES seem to be the case - so that neither one of them could over-ride the others' orders or find out from Klaus why he's messing things up so badly. I suspect 'Anevka' went back to Strumshalten and is why there is an enormous force of men and monsters on its way to Mechanicsburg from there, all apparently under the control of the Other. I've got no idea where Zola went; maybe she's still confined to her hospital bed. Or maybe the destruction of the Great Hospital gave her... options...

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait until you see her with her firm, muscular thighs wrapped around her charger, urging the powerful beast to new heights of exertion and force as she wields her weapons with swift, sure hands, taking on all comers and overwhelming them with her strength and passion...

Yeah, I think I'll shut up now.
    And another story for XXXenophile: the Girl Genius edition.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY, Tarvek hasn't told them Klaus has been Wasped!! Otherwise they'd reference that in trying to figure out what he's up to! What the DEVIL is Tarvek playing at?!?

21. - Top - End - #741
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tarvek is playing at what he always plays at--namely, anything that provides an advantage to himself. He no doubt believes that keeping the fact Klaus has been wasped secret will be to his advantage in the long run, or at least won't hurt anyone else.

In point of fact, he may be right. How would knowing Klaus has been wasped help them? All it would tell them is that somebody else possibly wants something in the town, and that's why it hasn't been destroyed. It still doesn't help them narrow down *what* they want.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    In point of fact, he may be right. How would knowing Klaus has been wasped help them?
    It would give them the option of getting Agatha into hearing range of Klaus and giving him orders.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    It would give them the option of getting Agatha into hearing range of Klaus and giving him orders.
    I suspect the only way Agatha is getting into speaking range of Klaus alive at this point is if they shoot down Castle Wulfenbach and wait for him to crawl out of the wreckage.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2012-08-29 at 04:07 PM.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Nonsense, they just need to build a giant megaphone.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

And then we delve into the spark physics of whether the Other's voice control gubbins can be amplified. From Aneveka's shenanigans, we know there's a command wave involved, can a megaphone transmit that?
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Or another holographic projector. If Agatha can create an image of herself a hundred feet tall speaking in a voice that carried for miles once, she can do it again. And order everyone hearing her to cease attacking Mechanicsburg immediately and join her. Her projection at Strumshalten didn't issue any orders, so we don't know if it would have worked then; but if they can get the harmonics right, it might work.

The thing is, I don't think Agatha will do this. She's willing to give orders to monsters. Or Vrin, in a life and death fight. But to take away people's free will wholesale: That's too close to her mother. Even to save her city. She might issue orders to Klaus, if she can get close enough to him; but I imagine those orders would be that he is to never again feel compelled to follow the Other's orders. I wonder if that's why Tarvek is keeping quiet: Knowing that Agatha might feel she HAD to try to free Klaus no matter what the risk, just as Gil did. Tarvek seems to feel he needs to protect Agatha from herself...

27. - Top - End - #747

In the last strip, the insert into the last panel - I cannot figure out what that "Crash" picture shows
    -HaJo

FLW: Oh, no. We're being rescued. How embarrassing!

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

No update yet? Hopefully just a minor glitch...

Quote Originally Posted by hajo View Post
    In the last strip, the insert into the last panel - I cannot figure out what that "Crash" picture shows
    I THINK it's Agatha in her battle armor - the round thing is the eye in her headpiece - with her left hand raised. Evidently something unexpected happened when she went to whack the narwhal, and she's reacting in surprise.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I THINK it's Agatha in her battle armor - the round thing is the eye in her headpiece - with her left hand raised. Evidently something unexpected happened when she went to whack the narwhal, and she's reacting in surprise.
    Maybe it's the purple fire? Could these be your extraordinary fire-breathing subterrainian mecha-narwhals?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

30. - Top - End - #750

Ha, it's Franz! And it looks like he's still spreading the joy!
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.