New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    You know they just might be on the Storm Kings side. It IS his mark they are wearing. But they seem pro Agatha as well at this point. Of course who would be able to get some old Storm King clanks (They could be piloted clanks) to Mechanicsburgh and have them *not* be against Agatha?
    There is the old story about Andronicus and Euphrosynia, and the apparent prophesy that peace will only come to Europa when the Storm King and Heterodyne Princess marry. Could easily be some hold-outs somewhere who still believe that, and - upon hearing that there's a female Heterodyne again - decide to ensure she survives in order to force her to marry the Storm King.

2. - Top - End - #902

But they seem pro Agatha as well at this point. Of course who would be able to get some old Storm King clanks (They could be piloted clanks) to Mechanicsburgh and have them *not* be against Agatha?
    The Bloodstone Paladins?
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

But they seem pro Agatha as well at this point
    Not necessarily. They are pro-Heterodyne. But we have two Heterodynes running around, Agatha and the pink Fake. These could be part of the Fake's well-funded forces.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #904
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChowGuy View Post
    They seem far too prissy and clean cut to be heterodyne clanks. Im going with supporters of the pink one who dont know about her being captured yet. They have that whole fancy men of nobility air to them that I can just see on the smug faces of the "knights of jove" or whatever their faction was called. Agatha had better keep her head down if she doesnt want to give it away before they at least help her a bit.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

You know they just might be on the Storm Kings side. It IS his mark they are wearing. But they seem pro Agatha as well at this point. Of course who would be able to get some old Storm King clanks (They could be piloted clanks) to Mechanicsburgh and have them *not* be against Agatha?

Spoiler
    Show
    A pair of the Storm King's clanks? Remember two of the Muses who know who Tarvek is and are totaly unaccounted for. And both of them seem to like Agatha.
    Well we can't forget that the knight's of jove faction that's loyal to the storm king had a plan that revolved around their storm king heir marrying a hetordyne. As such it is within their interest to keep mechanicsburg out of Klaus's hands. Ofcourse the question however is are they following the new pinky plan, or have they adapted to her failure and thus supporting the REAL lady heterodyne.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-10-12 at 08:43 AM.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aren't the Knights of Jove fragmented these days after losing several of their leaders? This could well be a third (or fourth) group thereof.
    Brewing a new setting (3.5 ed D&D). The setting is complete and ready to play.
    Indeed, here is the recruitment thread for the first run.
    The above post was probably snide, snippy, tongue in cheek and/or opinionated. Consult your sense of humour before vexation. If still vexed, attempt to cease giving a damn. Thank you for reading this public service bulletin.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh snap. Looks like the control on the baron is stronger after all.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wasn't the original plan to have the Knights of Jove sweep heroically in while Mechanicsburg is threatened, and to have Pinkie Heterodyne fall head over heels in love with the Storm King, thereby reaffirming the prophecy and leading Europa into a new age of Prosperity? It seems to me that only the name of the Heterodyne has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #909

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Wasn't the original plan to have the Knights of Jove sweep heroically in while Mechanicsburg is threatened, and to have Pinkie Heterodyne fall head over heels in love with the Storm King, thereby reaffirming the prophecy and leading Europa into a new age of Prosperity? It seems to me that only the name of the Heterodyne has changed.
    Those were the "Knights of Jove" war stompers that got pwned by Gil's lightning generator, though. These guys seem to be something quite different.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Oh snap. Looks like the control on the baron is stronger after all.
    I dunno, it kinda looks like the baron might be getting ready to hit these knights since they're the ones behind a bunch of the people who came first.

But, of course, that's just speculation based on having a cliff-hanger page.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #911

Its honestly hard to tell for sure, but I believe even lucrezia knows that the baron wont just meekly obey her orders. That he will twist them and fight them with everything he has, and work towards his own goals no matter how carefully she tries to restrict him.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Its honestly hard to tell for sure, but I believe even lucrezia knows that the baron wont just meekly obey her orders. That he will twist them and fight them with everything he has, and work towards his own goals no matter how carefully she tries to restrict him.
    The thing is, if she knows that, why isn't she constantly at his elbow watching him? Because Klaus is VERY dangerous, and he might yet find a way to defeat her if he can twist things enough. I suspect rather that Lu is convinced that Klaus is as much her slave as any normal revenant - her ego would demand no less - and she's gone off somewhere to gather the Other's forces, leaving Klaus to finish Agatha.

She may be in for a surprise when she gets back...

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    The thing is, if she knows that, why isn't she constantly at his elbow watching him? Because Klaus is VERY dangerous, and he might yet find a way to defeat her if he can twist things enough. I suspect rather that Lu is convinced that Klaus is as much her slave as any normal revenant - her ego would demand no less - and she's gone off somewhere to gather the Other's forces, leaving Klaus to finish Agatha.
    Toataly agree. Lu is used ot manipulating people and looks down on everyone (and underestimates them as well). She sees them as puppets probably. Since the Baron is infected she sees him as just another puppet like everyone else who is infected. The Baron however is no ones puppet if he can do anything about it and will do his best to start cutting strings. To add to things I don't think that Lu realizes how much the Baron HATES her.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

That does sound in character. Her self love is her downfall.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's a good point, it would be hard for someone like her to understand how much he hates the role he's forced himself to play. To her he should probably be thankful that she created the circumstances that led to him being in power. Plus the whole betrayal thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

It looks to me like the two people with the greatest clue here are Klaus and Tarvek. Klaus looks grim. Tarvek looks like he's having the sort of revelation that will precede grabbing Agatha and running like hell.

In chess terms I suspect Tarvek has just noticed Agatha is "in check" from at least two different angles, and he has precisely one move to literally "castle" her out of the way before the game ends abruptly and messily.

All pure supposition of course.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, go, Gil, spot the anomalies, realize what your father is saying and doing makes no sense, and finally figure out you're not infected, HE is!

Klaus is too amused at the mess of a battlefield, he's got an ace up his sleeve. Probably a whole bunch of aces.

And no sign of Anevka...

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yeah, I got the feeling that Klaus is deliberately giving Gil the information he needs to realize that he is not infected, and that yes, the Baron really is infected.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Not only that, but I bet he has a team actually researching ways to cure "Gil". After all, while I'm pretty sure he was ordered not to look for a way to cure himself, he probably wasn't ordered to look for a cure at all. So, once Gil and Klaus' butler/assistant/guy with 4 arms realise that he is in fact infected, part of the work will already be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Not only that, but I bet he has a team actually researching ways to cure "Gil". After all, while I'm pretty sure he was ordered not to look for a way to cure himself, he probably wasn't ordered to look for a cure at all. So, once Gil and Klaus' butler/assistant/guy with 4 arms realise that he is in fact infected, part of the work will already be done.
    Unless of course, Anevka is overseeing the cure research. However if she isn't, and Gil joins, then Klaus will have another spark on the problem.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    Mine started in the wilderness outside of town

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Aww man, that's CLEVER.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Aww man, that's CLEVER.
    The Baron has finally met his match: himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

That it makes it easier on our protagonists is another reason to be unconvinced that Klaus is consciously aware of being wasped now. :)

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    That it makes it easier on our protagonists is another reason to be unconvinced that Klaus is consciously aware of being wasped now. :)
    There is no room to be unconvinced, since Lucrezia explicitly told Klaus, she wasped him right after the fact and even gave him direct orders to prove it. Him being aware of being wasped was the very reason he wanted Agatha dead as soon and throughout as possible.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lucrecia COULD have subsequently ordered Klaus to forget that he had been wasped. It would have been very smart for her to have done so. I don't think she would though, simply because it would limit her gloating opportunities.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

Well kittens*.

*- kittens is the substitute for curses over on the Guild Wars 2 forums.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

27. - Top - End - #927

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GaeasSon View Post
    Lucrecia COULD have subsequently ordered Klaus to forget that he had been wasped. It would have been very smart for her to have done so. I don't think she would though, simply because it would limit her gloating opportunities.
    Trouble is, she'd have to re-do that every time she gave him any other order, because a smart man like Klaus would otherwise be wondering why he was following her orders so slavishly...

28. - Top - End - #928

I think that soon this foreshadowing will become relevant.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

29. - Top - End - #929

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    I think that soon this foreshadowing will become relevant.
    I think that was the ringing of the Doom Bell though.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's amazing how well this all makes sense if you assume Klaus is gaming the system. He wouldn't be of much value to her if he lost his faculties or position, so she has to give him a lot of latitude to keep up appearances, but she assumes she has total control, just like she assumed with Agatha.

Meanwhile, Klaus has arranged it so that now just about every military threat to the Empire is caught between two rings of walls and a zeppelin ceiling, ensuring that Mechanicsburg is both contained and protected as well. And he's managed a way to contain his loose-cannon son and incite a plausible excuse to develop a revenant cure without betraying his own vulnerable status, and now he's using Agatha to keep his son off balance and perhaps even feed him enough clues to communicate the situation to his son. Perhaps he's even adding just enough erratic behavior that his defeat at the hands of Gil, combined with the story he fed Phil at the hospital, would solidify Gil's status as the Storm King.

You gotta give it to the Baron: the man's good.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.