New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I'm wondering about the lightning stick. Agatha had it when she zapped Franz and for a bit afterwards; I wonder where she put it down.
    I was wondering this too. She knew it was going to be extremely important to her plans in the immediate future. She didn't have anything else in her hands. Why would she put it down? I'd be holding onto that thing for dear life.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    I was wondering this too. She knew it was going to be extremely important to her plans in the immediate future. She didn't have anything else in her hands. Why would she put it down? I'd be holding onto that thing for dear life.
    Looks like she'd set it down after the two dragons started fighting, then had too many surprises to pick it back up before being carried off by tarvek and the jaeger general.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Actually that "knight" is a pretender to the thrown of the Storm King. He clearly does not know that Tarvek is way out ahead in that department after being recognized by the Muses.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Remember: Tarvek no longer has a valid claim to the title, since he died and was resurrected. Legally that removes him from succession. The new guy seems to know this.

(That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy dead by the end of the week, yes, since having two people who look almost identical and are meant to be serving the same role seems a bit redundant.)

This may lead to us finding out exactly what Lucrezia did to produce a Storm King heir.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2012-11-03 at 03:54 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    This may lead to us finding out exactly what Lucrezia did to produce a Storm King heir.
    I suspect it's more "who" than "what".
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    The new guy seems to know this.
    I don't think so--why would he say that he's been told Tarvek is dead? He should be deploying that argument directly, e.g. "But you died and were resurrected, so you're no longer the rightful heir".

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Only a few people who know Tarvek "died". And those that do have not had an opportunity to get a message out about it. And none of them would WANT to get a message out about it. So that leaves with the people that said Tarvek was dead lied, honestly thought he was dead, or ar the ones that infected him in the first place and expected him to die. I suspect the last one in large part due the the timing.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gil may have had a reason to tell it to someone. He didn't have much chance though, unless he told the Baron for some reason, who in turn told it to the knights to lure them out to the battlefield.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The real question is what happened to Bang?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    Gil may have had a reason to tell it to someone. He didn't have much chance though, unless he told the Baron for some reason, who in turn told it to the knights to lure them out to the battlefield.
    Gil thinks of Tarvek as a pain in the neck, rival (and friend in an odd way). He really does not think of Tarvek as "the enemy". On the other hand the Knight of Jove certainly ARE the enemy and he would do nothing to help them.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Moloch seems annoyed in panel 4, a nice touch.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1031

Well sure. Being called "lackey" is just plain insulting for a head minion
    ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

12. - Top - End - #1032

The most practical thing to do would be to knock him out and tie him up until the battle is over. Then interrogate him for everything he knows about the Knights of Jove and their connection to the Other.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    The most practical thing to do would be to knock him out and tie him up until the battle is over. Then interrogate him for everything he knows about the Knights of Jove and their connection to the Other.
    Unless he's a Useful Distraction while the REAL people are working.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

I get the feeling the new guy is filling Tarvek's old shoes (back when he was an antagonist, not the annoying side of the love triangle). If the original script called for "the storm king" to come defend Agatha at this point in the story, now that Tarvek has taken a level in protagonist, the Foglios may have just taken the easy path of producing another member of the family to take over Tarvek's old duties.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

15. - Top - End - #1035

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    I get the feeling the new guy is filling Tarvek's old shoes (back when he was an antagonist, not the annoying side of the love triangle). If the original script called for "the storm king" to come defend Agatha at this point in the story, now that Tarvek has taken a level in protagonist, the Foglios may have just taken the easy path of producing another member of the family to take over Tarvek's old duties.
    I don't think Tarkek's "original script" called for any such thing, with or without the existence of Agatha. It might have been the Pinky and the KoJ's, but Tarvek made little doubt he thought it was a stupid plan. (His was much better.)

The new 'Storm King' in that scenario is destined to be no more then a puppet, and Tarvek is/was smart enough to know it. Tweedle? Not so much.
    Last edited by ChowGuy; 2012-11-05 at 05:58 PM.
    The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Moloch to the rescue!

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

He really IS the best minion ever. It's amazing how much more competent he's become since the first pages.

18. - Top - End - #1038

Moloch was always my favorite character. At least since he appeared in the Castle. Before that he was a jerkass.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah. Its because he is the underdog and we actually KNOW what he can do.

So when he succeeds it feels like he genuinely earned it.

Its a bit problematic to be invested when at any point in time agata can whip out a gigantic doom lazer and wipe the whole army off the map.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Its a bit problematic to be invested when at any point in time agata can whip out a gigantic doom lazer and wipe the whole army off the map.
    Actually that is not a problem in this book. It's been stated that while sparks can create big lasers of doom when they turn them on armies they still loose.

"they're smart enough to build death-rays and dumb enough to turn them on armies all by themselves".
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2012-11-07 at 07:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    He really IS the best minion ever. It's amazing how much more competent he's become since the first pages.
    I think people calling Moloch a minion is probably one of the funny things about him. Because he is NOT a minion really. He is doing a job he feels he need to do. And while he will follow orders he does not do so blindly by any means.

22. - Top - End - #1042

See, this is why Agatha is gonna win. She's got the best minion. Boris is a really good minion, but he's starting to have some doubts. At some point, I suspect, he'll figure out what's going on and switch from supporting the Baron to supporting Gil, at which point Agatha will have two awesome minions on her side, plus the comic's equivalent of James Bond (wherever he's scarpered off to). At that point the Baron will have no chance.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

"they're smart enough to build death-rays and dumb enough to turn them on armies all by themselves".
    That only works if the spark is dumb.

Agata has created a doom laser with a mile long distance, the went through stone like butter.

A couple of those and 90% of the ground forces are gone.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2012-11-07 at 07:13 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Colossus in the Playground

Actually that is not a problem in this book. It's been stated that while sparks can create big lasers of doom when they turn them on armies they still loose.

Yeah, but agatha ISNT by herself. She has her own army of jaegers and minions. So she can obliterate a large portion of the barons forces with some improvised death ray and not be swarmed under by the remnants as its recharging or whatever. Also, what the hell? The sister is a knights of jove plant?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

That only works if the spark is dumb.

Agata has created a doom laser with a mile long distance, the went through stone like butter.

A couple of those and 90% of the ground forces are gone.
    You are assuming Klaus hasn't encountered doom lasers before, and figured out how to shield his troops from them...

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ettin in the Playground

So make an anti-Doomshield laser.

I using spark logic.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So make an anti-Doomshield laser.

I using spark logic.
    The Doomshield will obviously have an anti-anti-Doomshield-laser-shield for redundancy, just in case.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-11-07 at 09:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

I think people calling Moloch a minion is probably one of the funny things about him. Because he is NOT a minion really. He is doing a job he feels he need to do. And while he will follow orders he does not do so blindly by any means.
    And that's why he is such a great minion! (bolding mine)
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Pixie in the Playground

Interesting developments in the last couple of pages.

From the story "Maxim Buys a Hat", we know that the Prince of Sturmhalten and the Good Heterodyne were friendly enough to make at least one bet with each other. If the Princes of Sturmhalten have usually had good relations with The Heterodyne, the Abbess may well have been consulted for approval by the Knights of Jove for approval of their plan to unite a "fake" Storm King with a "fake" Heterodyne.

It would seem that neither Tweedle nor the Abbess have ever met Zola and are under the impression that Agatha is Zola. To paraphrase Wooster "imagine their surprise."

30. - Top - End - #1050

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The Doomshield will obviously have an anti-anti-Doomshield-laser-shield for redundancy, just in case.
    Then we need an anti-anti-missile-missile-missile. Oh, wait, that was Rocky and Bullwinkle.

But the death ray she built in the Castle was powered by the Hetrodyne lamp, eventually which ran out. That's pretty much always the problem when fighting off an besieging army - you tend to run out of ammunition before you run out of army. The Baron has depth and supply lines on his side. Agatha doesn't.