New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Oh, I don't know, he wasn't in a hurry to save her from the nyar-spider.
    THAT DOESNT COUNT! It was really icky!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Feh, thats only what it looks like. He is utterly devoted to protecting her whenever she is in danger. Clearly he IS wasped, they just have the wrong master in mind. I think that would make for one hell of an interesting future twist personally. *EDIT* As for their only being one, thats what you think, but come on, with 30 factions within each major faction can you REALLY be sure that there was only one wasp made? Or even that there werent earlier, less perfect prototypes tried out?
    Zola was not always Lucrezia, so I don't think she would have been able to control Gil if he were wasped. He was just crazy enough to save her every time, and while most of the time it was played for laughs, it became pretty bad when it weren't (against Tarvek).
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

3. - Top - End - #1263

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    Zola was not always Lucrezia, so I don't think she would have been able to control Gil if he were wasped. He was just crazy enough to save her every time, and while most of the time it was played for laughs, it became pretty bad when it weren't (against Tarvek).
    She wasnt always lucrezia no, but we cant be sure just how long she has been a part of the whole knights of jove mess. And as I said, we cant know for sure if the whole spark controlling wasp that worked on klaus was the only working model or if there were prototypes that might have been used on gil back in paris. It would explain why he registers as wasped and yet isnt enslaved by agatha or lucrezia. The obedience command was for the knights false heterodyne. A nice plot to lock up support when they take over. Zola is the heterodyne, gils dad has an accident, and gil is a loyal follower of zola, wrapping the entire nation into a neat package for the knights to rule.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

All of Lucy's creations are programed/hardwired to respond to her voice. Zola does NOT have her voice and cannot control them.

5. - Top - End - #1265

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    All of Lucy's creations are programed/hardwired to respond to her voice. Zola does NOT have her voice and cannot control them.
    And yet they also respond to agatha when she gets going. Zola IS a relative of lucrezia as well. Also, the wasps are something that has been studied by sparks ever since they first showed up. I doubt very much there havent been many attempts to create their own wasps to take control of people. It isnt a certain thing, but I really think that with minimal effort, it could be written that way, and come on, you have to admit that it WOULD be an interesting twist if zola reappears and causes problems with gil after this particular nightmare is more or less over. The knights of jove have been working on this plan for a long long time. They have setup numerous contingencies, done their homework, planted agents deep within mechanicsburg itself, it is far from impossible that they would have been working on a method of adapting the mind control slaver wasps for their own use.

6. - Top - End - #1266

BlackDragon

And yet they also respond to agatha when she gets going. Zola IS a relative of lucrezia as well.
    There's a slight difference between a daughter and a distant cousin or whatever Zola is. In any case, it's made explicit in the strip that Zola cannot control a wasped individual, which is why she needed to get Clankcrezia on her side.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

And yet again, Agatha is distracted by someone shouting from offscreen, to the right, and slightly upward.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    And yet again, Agatha is distracted by someone shouting from offscreen, to the right, and slightly upward.
    That is where the next panel on the next page is going to be when we're at the final lower right panel of the current page.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Look! Something else that prevents the plot from moving!

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

*EDIT* As for their only being one, thats what you think, but come on, with 30 factions within each major faction can you REALLY be sure that there was only one wasp made? Or even that there werent earlier, less perfect prototypes tried out?
    Yes, and yes. Don't forget, the Spark Wasp came from that Spark in Passholdt; He was the only one who had access to active Wasp hives AND the resources and freedom being part of the Knights of Jove gave him for intense research AND the time to mess with Wasps for decades. AND the only one crazy enough to try to make a Spark Wasp to begin with. Keep in mind his research was so dangerous it apparently wound up infecting everyone in Passholdt. Klaus is probably the only other one who could have pulled this off, and he wouldn't have tried it. As for duplicating the S.W. once they got it out of Passholdt; there was no opportunity. The Knights got it (and the notes regarding it) to Strumhalten, and Tarvek's father promptly put it under lock and key as something way too dangerous to mess with. And bully for him.

Now, if you gave the Lu in Agatha a few weeks or even days she MIGHT be able to build duplicates based on what she knows about it, but she hasn't had the chance. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    There's a slight difference between a daughter and a distant cousin or whatever Zola is. In any case, it's made explicit in the strip that Zola cannot control a wasped individual, which is why she needed to get Clankcrezia on her side.
    Zola is Lu's niece. Close, but probably not close enough. Also, we know that while Agatha's voice, especially when she's angry and shouting, is LIKE her mother's, it's not EXACTLY right. Which is why she could only distract Vrin, not control her.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Also, we know that while Agatha's voice, especially when she's angry and shouting, is LIKE her mother's, it's not EXACTLY right. Which is why she could only distract Vrin, not control her.
    That seemed more to me that Vrin knew she wasn't Lucrezia than some flaw in the voice. Unless Lucrezia has a remarkable degree of control over her voice, she would be just as hindered as Agatha. Perhaps people of sufficiently strong willpower are able to resist the wasp's compulsions?
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Aidjn View Post
    Look! Something else that prevents the plot from moving!
    It's the Circus! In a flaming airship! And they've ALL got Hogsfarbs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Far as I could tell, the Geisterdamen aren't preexisting creatures that were wasped, they are constructs. Thus, there's more individuality beyond the conditioned reflex of "Obey Lucrezia".
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Far as I could tell, the Geisterdamen aren't preexisting creatures that were wasped, they are constructs. Thus, there's more individuality beyond the conditioned reflex of "Obey Lucrezia".
    The weasel check would seem to say otherwise.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Ummm...

In the comic which is eponymous to this thread (here), what's the last word in the first speech bubble in the third panel supposed to be?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Ummm...

In the comic which is eponymous to this thread (here), what's the last word in the first speech bubble in the third panel supposed to be?
    Epidermis- The outer layer of the skin.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Epidermis- The outer layer of the skin.
    Oh. Oooh. Now I get it...

I knew the word, the accent just mangled it too horribly for me. I kept seeing "spider-moose" for some reason...
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-12-11 at 10:28 PM.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Trick? I'm calling Trick. Probably some sort of Body-double construct Klaus made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Trick? I'm calling Trick. Probably some sort of Body-double construct Klaus made.
    Doubtful. Do recall that when we last saw Gil, the Baron had pretty much convinced him that mechanicsburg was doomed, and that if he wanted Agatha sparred he would have to go along with him

20. - Top - End - #1280

You wanted to say "spared".

Anyway I think Gil is real but it's still a trap from Klaus. Think about it. He released Gil to get Agatha. She will come along. Do you think Klaus is not watching him and will not capture him right away? Of course, Gil is so madly in love that he didn't think it through (remember when I said he was a moron?). Or he is smarter than we think and knows this is a trap and has an escape plan ready. But maybe Klaus knows Gil well enough that he knows about a trap and has an escape plan, so he has measures against it. And if Gil knows that Klaus knows...

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

Thank God for dormer windows...

Don't trust him, Agatha! He's DECEIVED! And not smart enough to realize it. Maybe.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I like that a few strips earlier, Agatha said she didn't want to retreat not out of mere stubbornness, but because if she lost Mechanicsburg, there would be nowhere to retreat to.

Gil is almost certainly going to betray Agatha. And frankly, he does kinda have a point that the town is almost certainly lost. But Agatha is not going to react kindly to him trying to save her and leaving the town to burn.

The best cast scenario I can see is him getting her to give him a direct order so he realizes he has no compulsion to obey it. More likely though, he'll stab her with a syringe and take her back to Castle Wulfenbach.

23. - Top - End - #1283

Back to my old argument, I finally found the damn comic. Here Basically, it says he only knows about one prototype, but there could be others. And this is from a guy who has only "glanced at some notes" The thing is, we just dont know what sort of slaver wasps have been created, by who, for who, and what they are supposed to do. So I will stick my my gil is a sleeper agent theory until we find a way to disprove it solidly. Like, oh say, him stabbing zola in the face as she tells him not to or something.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Tarvek is quite sure there was only one. http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060802

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

At least Agatha has cushioning for her fall
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    At least Agatha has cushioning for her fall
    And Gil's in the perfect place to watch lend a hand.

27. - Top - End - #1287

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Tarvek is quite sure there was only one. http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060802
    Yeah, but its hardly like he has never been wrong. Lets face it, from what we have learned, tarvek knows a large portion of what the knights of jove are up to, but not all of it. He was caught flat footed by zola showing up, again by that cousin of his, he doesnt know everything, even though he likes to think he does. After all, the plan was being overseen in passholdt, and not by tarvek. I dont forsee them actually using their one and only spark wasp without having a method to duplicate it yet.

28. - Top - End - #1288

New update.

Enough of this. I want to get to that damn zapping!

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ettin in the Playground

I like GGs art, but this is getting too much inconsistent.

He PUNCTURED scales. And its not what bugs me (Super needle or super Gil STR). Its that his scales apparently bend like skin.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not sure what is up with Gil, but it is going to cost him the main advantage he had on Tarvek so far: being more trustworthy.