New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1488
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius XIII: "Gott's Leedle Feesh in Trousers!"

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    If he was wasped, he wouldn't still be arguing after Agatha gave him direct orders.
    That's what I'm saying. Revenants are compelled to follow the orders of The Other, not Agatha. Gil KNOWS the difference, and so wouldn't be compelled by her orders.

I'm not saying he has been wasped, but his behavior is consistent with that possibility. I think there has been enough time, and he's been "off-stage" long enough to make it a possibility worth considering.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GaeasSon View Post
    That's what I'm saying. Revenants are compelled to follow the orders of The Other, not Agatha. Gil KNOWS the difference, and so wouldn't be compelled by her orders.
    The only example we have of such things was Vrin, and even with her knowing Agatha wasn't The Other, the voice still had enough power to trip her up. We're seeing no signs of that with Gil.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bang aiming a big gun at them with orders to shoot if Gil does not do exactly as instructed or any sign of secret funny stuff could generate this reaction from Gil.

If Baron can cloak most of his fleet, he can cloak one big gun.

Here is the last scene with Gil and the Baron: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20121024

"The only question is will the girl live or die? Choose"
    Last edited by multilis; 2012-12-26 at 06:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Why do I have Beetlejuice running through my head?

"It's ... showtime."
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by multilis View Post
    Bang aiming a big gun at them with orders to shoot if Gil does not do exactly as instructed or any sign of secret funny stuff could generate this reaction from Gil.

If Baron can cloak most of his fleet, he can cloak one big gun.

Here is the last scene with Gil and the Baron: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20121024

"The only question is will the girl live or die? Choose"
    Last we knew, Bang was in a coma due to the anti-Wasp potion Gil had given her. Of course our source of that story was Klaus, and he might have been lying; but if Klaus had any reason to think Bang might both be immune to being Wasped AND have any suspicion he, Klaus, might have been, she'd NEVER get loose again. Any other assassin would do. However, as we have seen, any threat to Agatha's life or safety tends to boost Gil to super-human levels, and the idea someone had a bead on her and might shoot at any time would drive him into a protective frenzy...

I don't think this is Gil.

I HOPE it's not a disguised Dreen.

6. - Top - End - #1386

I think this is Gil. It could just be that Gil has already figured out that the Baron wants Agatha to study her because Klaus thinks she is a new type of revenant, and Gil has figured out that Good Ol' Dad has some other plan than to let he and Agatha live happily ever after (he was already suspecting it in their last few panels together--noting Klaus's inconsistency).

But, since Gil can't let Klaus know that he knows, he convinces Agatha to restart the castle by making the exact move he is making--trying to convince her otherwise. Sure, it's a bit of a complex "I know you know I know," but given that Gil figured out the whole "Real players" angle, I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm still trying to figure out if the whole "Copper Pin" thing from the Masat story was a real hint from Klaus or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Last we knew, Bang was in a coma due to the anti-Wasp potion Gil had given her. Of course our source of that story was Klaus, and he might have been lying; but if Klaus had any reason to think Bang might both be immune to being Wasped AND have any suspicion he, Klaus, might have been, she'd NEVER get loose again. Any other assassin would do. However, as we have seen, any threat to Agatha's life or safety tends to boost Gil to super-human levels, and the idea someone had a bead on her and might shoot at any time would drive him into a protective frenzy...

I don't think this is Gil.

I HOPE it's not a disguised Dreen.

7. - Top - End - #1387

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    if Klaus had any reason to think Bang might both be immune to being Wasped AND have any suspicion he, Klaus, might have been, she'd NEVER get loose again.
    The same Klaus who got Bang to get local bard to tell him a story about Storm King which really meant Gil also has to arrange death of dad to get rid of Other?

(Gil is acting like someone trigger happy is aiming a gun at Agatha, doesn't have to be Bang but she is best at being trigger happy)

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20121017

"this inconsistency is not like you father" (dad has to obey the Other, convince the Other that he is obeying, and defeat the Other)
    Last edited by multilis; 2012-12-27 at 01:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Hmm. Could acting be actually what Gil is doing and has a plan? It is not a good idea to underestimate Gil.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Hmm. Could acting be actually what Gil is doing and has a plan? It is not a good idea to underestimate Gil.
    Gil has a plan, but what he's got going against him is that he's been kept in the dark about the progress Agatha and the town have made in the past few hours.

His reaction shows he has no idea the Castle is fully powered up and has no idea what it's capable of when it is (to be fair, while Agatha knows it's powered up, she has no clue what the Castle's full capabilities are).

A whole host of dormant things are about to come online, and Gil (as we've seen him taking orders from Agatha in the future) is about to have a very up-front lesson on why the Heterodynes were feared sparks.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

10. - Top - End - #1390

DruidGuy

.... I have the odd suspicion that the next words out of Agatha or the castle are going to be our new subject line.

Failing that, may I prematurely suggest "Minimum safe distance", which is the phrase that keeps cycling through my head about now.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Well, in today's comic Agatha didn't say anything that would go very well for a thread title, but it's entirely possible that in the course of the next 3 thread pages she (or the Castle) will.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps "Boom!" ?
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Troll in the Playground

YOU TELL HIM, AGATHA!!!

It occurs to me there has to be a lot of ambient / static energy right where they are, because despite the rain Agatha's hair is billowing and being visually impressive to match the drama.

I also think that Gil - if it IS Gil - should have realized by now what Agatha is up to and be either getting out of there or stop arguing with her and jump down to her side. Because with the Castle fully charged, even with 15 years of damage and disabled weapons, this will be a whole new ballgame and hanging in the air right beside Castle Heterodyne having a lovers' spat is NO where to be.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

With what Gil said on this page I am leaning towords that not being Gil. That is much more something the Baron would say than Gil.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by petersohn View Post
    Well, in today's comic Agatha didn't say anything that would go very well for a thread title, but it's entirely possible that in the course of the next 3 thread pages she (or the Castle) will.
    "I WON'T BE ANYONE'S TOOL" is pretty good. And very Agatha-ish.

Of course there's always "CHOP HEAD TINY BITS!!!"

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Troll in the Playground

Girl Genius XIV: Thunder-struck.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Girl Genius XIV: Thunder-struck.
    YES, so much yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Is it just me, or is the castle bending outwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1399

It has always been bending outwards, because the walls are damaged.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

It..... Oh dear.

It appears to be splitting in half.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

It found the Yurt switch, obviously.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    It..... Oh dear.

It appears to be splitting in half.
    No it doesn't. Look back at the older pictures--half of the Castle has been sagging sideways like that since Agatha arrived in Mechanicsburg, and presumably for a long time before that.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    No it doesn't. Look back at the older pictures--half of the Castle has been sagging sideways like that since Agatha arrived in Mechanicsburg, and presumably for a long time before that.
    Something that isn't lightning is definitely coming up/going down through the center of the structure, though. That blue sheet-looking beam.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Something that isn't lightning is definitely coming up/going down through the center of the structure, though. That blue sheet-looking beam.
    This is true, but there are also similar, smaller beams shooting up from each chimney and out of some of the windows, all of which have now lit up. I suspect the Castle has hit OVERLOAD and is shedding energy in all directions before it blows up.

Also, if you zoom in on the middle panel, there are no motion lines around the towers depicting movement. Although it looks like some rubble is falling off of the left-most tower, and there's a dust cloud arising at bottom middle. Whatever's rumbling doesn't seem to be producing significant vibration.

And besides, Gil and Agatha are RIGHT THERE on the highest tower. Even in the midst of an argument, I find it hard to believe they'd ignore the Castle starting to move on its own. Something's happening, yes. But we'll have to wait until Monday to see what...

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Barbarian in the Playground

I maintain it needs to be called

Girl Genius XIV: "Oh YES! Yes, yes, YES! It is sooo READY! HEE HEE HEE"

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

I checked Girl Genius like I do every once in a while and it seems Gil and Agatha are screaming at each other... one sentence per panel. Yep.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dogmac View Post
    I maintain it needs to be called

Girl Genius XIV: "Oh YES! Yes, yes, YES! It is sooo READY! HEE HEE HEE"
    *scribble note * Another chapter title for Xxxenophile: Girl Genius Edition...
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

28. - Top - End - #1408

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I checked Girl Genius like I do every once in a while and it seems Gil and Agatha are screaming at each other... one sentence per panel. Yep.
    Don't worry, it's a climax, things will likely get resolved soon. Agatha has been in the Castle since February 2008. Four years, yes?

Well, at least it looks like this arc is wrapping up. Mechanisburg has been bombed heavily, and the castle is either going to do something epic or be destroyed. And it has been a pretty fascinating plot arc. Narrative circumstance has put lots of our favorite characters ("Is everyone I know in here?"), and a few new ones, all under the same roof. I'm curious how much of the last four years was written ahead of time and how much evolved from the original script.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is Gil. He's terrified that Agatha will somehow lose control and become The Other. He's echoing everything he said to Zeetha here: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20080414

Of course, that doesn't mean it's not a ploy...
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2012-12-31 at 01:42 AM.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

29. - Top - End - #1409

My vote is now for "Girl Genius XIV: we're all tools." Also, too, so that's what happened to the torchmen--it looks like they got the Klaus Wulfenbach upgrade treatment.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by anon62453 View Post
    My vote is now for "Girl Genius XIV: we're all tools." Also, too, so that's what happened to the torchmen--it looks like they got the Klaus Wulfenbach upgrade treatment.
    Or heck, why not "Girl Genius XIV: Agatha, I choose you!"