Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse-Chicago OOC

Laughs at Blood

Spoiler
    Show
    Even as a young wolf cub Laughs-at-Blood was problematic. A little too playful at times, a little too rough with that play. He was marked early on by his tribe, and none were surprised when the first change happened. He learned quickly the ways of his kind, though for how capable he was, he was three times the pain. He enjoyed playing devilís advocate, even defending the right for man to build cities, not because he believed it, but because he enjoyed riling the others up. Most of the time he was able to avoid the blows. The time he defended cities, even for the sake of argument, he did not.

However, he had one legitimate position that other Red Talons respected grudgingly, that to defeat something, you must understand itÖ within limitations of course. As he attained the rank of Cliath, he claimed he had received a vision that he must explore the city, to see why man and the homids cherished them so, to see how best to convince the latter otherwise. He was granted leave to go along with a more experience wolf, but he slipped away, taking with him a rare artifact, a monkey puzzle, to help him.

Suffice to say he is not exactly spoken highly of currently by his tribe mates. Reckless, brash, arrogant, lying, but some elders have faith that he will learn his place. Though Laughs-at-Blood did not truly see a vision, they did.

In wolf-form, Laughs-at-Blood as a fairly mangy wolf, with auburn hair, and shocks of red in stripes across his sides. In homid form, he is none too pleasant to look upon with beedy, dark eyes, a large nose, and freckles all across his face.

Though he has been to smaller cities briefly, this is his first time in a city like Chicago, learning about it, seeing why so many have come to these places.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Find the page

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Softpaws is a Metis Red Talon,** with Pure Breed 2. You might recognize her as such if you see her in lupine form

** a member of the Children of Gaia, but a Red Talon by birth.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2012-08-15 at 11:35 PM.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought you were a Metis Children of Gaia Philodox?

Dang ninjas
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-08-15 at 11:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Life Freydis, "Heart of the Storm"

Image:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lifa is the archetype Get of Fenris: tall, athletic, angular features and intense blue eyes. With Pure Breed 3 she looks like she should be jumping off the front of a longboat, swinging an axe around her head, rather than walking around in jeans and a jacket.

Background: (warning: unfixed typos)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Life Freydis' case is an anomaly whose frequency is increasing in the modern nights: a lost cub. A child of a Swedish father who migrated to Australia in his early life, she grew up knowing nothing of her Garou heritage of the mystical rage that it pushed through her veins. Developing in middle-class suburbia of Sydney, Lifa was an unusually aggressive and unruly child, and achieved an unusually physical and aggressive vigor that allowed her to compete with many of the boys throughout her high school years, more often-than-not successfully. Though a natural athlete, she also possessed a very high IQ, and biological sciences came naturally to her. Despite seemingly being gifted in every way, Lifa never truly felt a part of her community. Often in her spare time she would slink away and spend hours in solitude within the botanical gardens of her city where she would sit and slip into a heightened sense of things. Life never knew what to make of this spiritual secret, and so chose to keep it to herself to avoid social consequences.

Eventually Lifa parted ways to the United States where she was accepted into med school. Seemingly having shaken off the rough edges of her teenage years, Lifa started to plan out her life and career before a late night armed robbery at a convenience store shattered any chance for a mundane future. Taking a shotgun to the stomach in an armed robbery gone bad, Lifa underwent her first change into a towering rage-beast that left the convenience store, including the would-be burglar, little more than a shredded crater. Awakening bloodied in naked in local woodland, the terrified Lifa was located and taken in by the local Garou sept.

Brought into a new life when she was almost ready to settle into her old one, Lifa took to her new path with great difficulty. The anger that she believed she had buried had resurfaced only now it was enhanced by her fury over having her old life snatched away from her, only to be replaced by one of a violent holy war. To make matters worse, Lifa struggled against the caste system of 'rank', and the idea that her opinions were of little better value than cubs. Marked by the crescent moon, Lifa gradually slipped into her new life-style before undergoing her rite of passage. Hailing from an unknown tribe and surrounded by Black Furies and Children of Gaia, Lifa proved to be quite instrumental in assisting with the dismantling of a human trafficking ring called the Emerald Circle. Boys and girls from poor neighborhoods were routinely abducted and circulated through a network of sadistic men and women that delighted in the constant supply of young flesh to torture. Lifa's knowledge of medical chemicals and their manufacturers used to subdue victims allowed the sept investigators to trace numerous members of the ring before a single, coordinated night cleared away the filth with a storm of violence. Lifa not only saw the corrupted face of the enemy and its pawns, but she could feel the misery of the victims on a spiritual level and the scars it left upon the flows of the earth mother.

When she underwent her rite of passage, Lifa entered the spirit world and came face to face with the totem of her tribe: Great Fenris. Fortified by the nightmares she had seen, Lifa's spirit was tested and accepted by the great wolfs merciless scrutiny. Ushered into the Garou world via a tempest of violence and possessed of an unusual degree of fury for a new Theurge, Lifa was christened Heart-of-the-Storm.

As the only Get of Fenris amongst a sept of two tribes, Lifa was quickly brought into another violent world: Garou politics. Though only a Cliath, Life felt that her knowledge of chemicals and the most effective way to kill humans en masse entitled her to propose ideas that often earned the ire of her sept-mates. Once when she suggested rolling a can of nerve gas into a bikie-club that was trying to establish a drug-dealing operation in a recently purified neighborhood, Life unwittingly provoked the anger of several Furies that found such a suggestion outrageous - to use tactics employed by Pentex would be a violation of all they held dear. Clearly it was the influence of Fenris that made her thick-headed, so they claimed. While most Furies took to ignoring the knowity-upstart, several of the younger ones became violent. In the aftermath of receiving several cracked ribs and scars while breaking one Fury's jaw, Lifa knew that she was a volatile element in the sept.

Gathering her meager belongings, the young Theurge departed for Chicago to join the local war-effort and make a fresh start in the Garou Nation.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'll have a post up tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Last minute vacation where there wasn't any wifi. I'm back though, and will get caught up on this and the VtM game.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I've always wondered if, with the right amount of Gifts and skills, one could create a pack of werewolf batmans in W;tA. Maybe throw in a low rank gift to play the exciting action music when they swing in through nearby windows.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

So you are returning to the safe house in Elgin, correct? How are you getting there?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Probably the only way to do that is by taxi, unless we want to walk miles and miles and waste part of the day.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

The alternate option is to walk/take a taxi to the nearest metra station, which connects to all the outlying suburbs. Chicago is connected by a series of trains, and from a sky view it does have some similarities to a spider web.

A taxi all the way back to your safe house would be rather expensive. Like two hundred bucks or something like that. So that's why I mention it.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    The alternate option is to walk/take a taxi to the nearest metra station, which connects to all the outlying suburbs. Chicago is connected by a series of trains, and from a sky view it does have some similarities to a spider web.

A taxi all the way back to your safe house would be rather expensive. Like two hundred bucks or something like that. So that's why I mention it.
    Yeah, that's probably a better idea.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that works for me.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

...Me too...

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

When the four of you get a chance, i would like to know what your character learned from this little story today. I will be handing out xp shortly. When I hand out xp, i normally double what the book suggests. But for Bananaphone and Daelrog I won't be doubling it this time since you guys basically came in at the last minute. I hope this doesn't leave Hayabusa or psiclone feeling slighted, as they have earned some good xp.

16. - Top - End - #136

While Jason has learned to be a little more assertive, he's also learned not to rush headlong into things. He was badly wounded when he took the initiative to climb the tree with the evil squirrels on it and would have surely have been killed if it hadn't have been for the pack. It was also charging into the magic-user in the park which caused them to be separated.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lifa's learning more about the importance of kinfolk in the garou nation (she's assuming that's who the bartender is), as well as to have a little more faith in the direction of benign spirits.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Softpaws has learned self confidence. She excelled in the fights with the squirrels, killing most of them herself. Then, when she lead the charge against the magic user in the park, she doomed her pack. Clearly, she needs to temper her newfound confidence with something.

WoW!! That last roll she hears it perfectly. Nice.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2012-08-31 at 02:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of what Laughs has learned about is the city itself. Also had a few chuckles at Softpaws expense when they first met (subterfuge maybe?).

20. - Top - End - #140

Increased Gnosis, Primal Urge and Occult by one, leaving me with 2 xp.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Took the Open Seal gift for Ragabash's. Should I find a raccoon spirit, or can it be assumed he had it before and didn't use have anywhere to use it? I'm cool either way.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

We do have a theurge. Im sure im useful for something other than a glorified tailor.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

A... tailor?
    I know Mother's Touch, and I could teach you, I believe.
    Last edited by NotScaryBats; 2012-09-03 at 11:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ya, just dedicating clothing so that we're not nude after changing.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Hayabusa
    Since we have established Jason has a car, there is nothing to stop him from going to the park. What time will you be leaving? Are you going alone?

BananaPhone
    You asked if you could summon Boar. Finding a comparable spirit would be possible, but that requires searching in the umbra since you don't have the rite of summoning. The answer would be no, you don't know the ritual yet. You have to wait for deepfang.

As for the Dedicating clothing, is that just for yourself or for the whole pack? Each set of Clothing you do takes a gnosis point, so you will likely want to make a roll to recover some if you just spent 4 gnosis.

The surrounding area in the Umbra is very calm. You find no trouble or wyrm spirits.

Daelrog
    You have to enter the Umbra and find a raccoon spirit, but since it's the suburbs that won't exactly be hard. When you find one, do you offer him anything in exchange for his gift?

Everyone
    As soon as I get a answer from Hayabusa, I will post again and get things moving once more.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-09-04 at 12:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Hayabusa
    Since we have established Jason has a car, there is nothing to stop him from going to the park. What time will you be leaving? Are you going alone?

Everyone
    As soon as I get a answer from Hayabusa, I will post again and get things moving once more.
    He'd probably leave in the morning, hopefully with a few more of his packmates with him to make up a little safety in numbers.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. You should probably make some sort of explanation IC, possibly asking for volunteers since this could be a important conversation.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

I know Mother's Touch. Can't I teach it to another werewolf? Or, do you need a spirit?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Laughs at Blood doesn't really have much to offer, so he'd offer the raccoon a favor. Being reckless, Laughs would leave what that favor was very open for the raccoon spirit to choose.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

The raccoon asks that you knock all the trash cans over on the nearby street the night before pickup, so that his kin can gather food from them. Once done, he will teach you the gift.

Trash pick up is on Wednesday morning.