New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus]: Singingnoodle Plot thread

This is the thread where anyone involved in Aceford Manor, Derricks plot, and Baen're compound.

Aceford Manor

Marty is having dreams and thoughts of his own. So many memories...Shada. I loved her.My father, a worthless drunkard. My mother, a woman driven to madness. Griktak, a kind grumpy soul. Thenadíer, a slave of the law. Shada...whats do I feel? Why do I pause at the mentioning of her name, her beatiful name. Shada. Do I love her...or...what? Why can't I say it? Where will she live? Does she love me? Do I dare love again...what is my destiny? Who am I? I am not a slave. No, not 24601, I am Marty Aceford! I am me... My thoughts are blurry. Shada twists my emotions...why?! Who am I?! I love her. I do! Im sure! But is it meant to be? If I cant love her than who? Long ago I should have seen all the things I could have been! I do not follow the path of the darkness. My soul is chained. Shada is the key! The lock to much heart...is open... Do I find her pretty? Yes. Do I think she trusts me? Yes. Does she love you.? ....... That is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer, the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune? Do I ask her? If not when? When will I know??? I love her. But can she love me back? I will guide her to the lights. I am in love, once again...dare I love? Is Shada ready for that? I do not know the answers... Why did I not join Sleets?! Sleets was pretty and seductive....Whats is Shada? Who am I? I love Shada. Martys thoughts are stressed. Questions with answers that could thrill or terrify poor Marty.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]: Singingnoodle Plot thread

((...Okay, just one suggestion: you may wish to add in other plots later as this is your plot thread, so restricting it to those three plots may not be such a good idea, but rather say: this is what is happening at the moment, but other plots may unfold later.))

Aceford Manor
    ((How is he thinking this if he's asleep?))

Shada wakes after a fitful nights rest. She's a little dazed and confused at first about where she is. The house was so strange in daylight... {Ready to tell me yet?} Coaxes the gnoll from beside her, making her jump at the suddenness of his voice.

Not a chance,
    Shada replies, tucking away the necklace again. Ah, it was a small piece of revenge, keeping that knowledge from him. Although she'd always been a little confused as to how he didn't already know. He was her imagination after all. Speaking of which, Shada looks around and is relieved to find that the ghost is gone. Just as the voices are. Good, she'd been growing tired of them.

...I have to warn Sleet about Drift. But then.. Sleet would try to take her away. But... Drift wouldn't be here unless Sleet rebelled. or... gah, her head hurt from thinking along those lines. It hurt to even remember the Pits, the Gnolls... Fylder... No, no. Think of something else. She stands and leaves the room, wandering through the halls to find Marty.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Marty is on a couch. He didnt sleep much. Hes still asleep. His blonde hair is straggled.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

{Is it a picture?}
    I don't know.
    {A note?}
    I don't know.
    {A lock of hair?}
    What part of 'I don't know' don't you understand? Fylder's been following her, throwing guesses at her and pushing her to the very limits of her sanity (although she's probably over it already). She turns from him to find Marty on the couch. Oh, there he is. She takes a seat across from him on another chair. The gnoll sticks it's face in hers and keeps guessing.
    {It's a puzzle, isn't it?}
    She shoves him aside. I don't know, now go away. She wonders if Marty will wake soon and provide her with better company than Fylder. The poor half-elf, he looks terrible. As if he hasn't slept for a long time. Best keep her voice down so as not to wake him yet.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Martys finger twitches. Hes shuffles a bit. The couch is uncomfortable.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

{You're less than no fun.} The gnoll hisses at her. It prods a smile onto Shada's lips. {That wasn't meant to be funny.}
    She ignores him and watches Marty for a few seconds longer. Alright, let him sleep, she wants to explore anyways. She slips off again to continue looking through the house. The gnoll stays with Marty.
    {Hey I wonder if... HEY BIG SCARY GNOLL OVER HERE!} His shouting at Marty probably has no effect whatsoever, but if Shada's ghost is still around, she may hear it.

Off in another part of the building, Shada's exploring. Does she find anything interesting?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The gnoll will see Shadas ghost looming over Marty. She cradles him. She glares ay Fyldar.

Shada finds 2 bathrooms. A library and a locked closet.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor.

{Why are you glaring at me? He can't hear me. The poor fool is deaf. Or sane. Either one.} The gnoll sighs. {Hey, you know I used to live too. Some moronic adventurer killed me with a longspear. A longspear! How embarrassing!}

Shada stops when she comes to the library and gazes wistfully at the rows of books. She'd never learned to read, but Kordak had always had a book of some sort in his paws and she'd always wanted to know what was in them. But the room was useless to her without knowledge of the rooms and sh'es forced to press on. Then she reaches the closet. Ooh, locked! That means there's a mystery back there somewhere! She tries to peek through the keyhole to see what's there.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Hes mine. Soon he won't wake up... Mine.

The closet is dark and locked.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

{Y-your going to kill him? yes because that's totally not evil.}
    But he still simply only watches. this could make for a very interesting show.

Shada hates a mystery and she can't pick locks. Will Marty forgive her for hurting the house? Eh, most likely. And if not, well, he shouldn't keep locked areas in a house with someone paranoid. She tries to kick in the door.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The door is old and shatters. Inside is a single gold ring in a glass case
    Marty will kill himself.I will make sure of it.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

{And how do you propose to do that? Please let me know. Maybe it'll work on Shada...} At this rate the brothers really may have to kill Shada. And he'd vanish from the world. Forever. That was a creepy thought... tied to a human. She dies, he dies.

Shada opens the glass case and examines the ring.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The ring is Martys wedding ring. The initials SA shine on it.
    I must break his heart...to heal it. what does he love most?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

{How am I supposed to know? Do I look like a therapist to you?} He's mumbling. He can't believe that he's actually tied to Shada. For the first time he's wondering what will happen to her. He's never cared before that this was a matter of life or death! HIS life! Not that he's actually alive, but he's managed to not cross over yet.

Shada puts the ring back. It wasn't hers and it was obviously precious to him. Oookay, now she's going to have to explain that. Hmmm. Well, for now she'll just leave it and carry on exploring, hoping that he won't come to check the ring for a little while.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    Aceford Manor

{How am I supposed to know? Do I look like a therapist to you?} He's mumbling. He can't believe that he's actually tied to Shada. For the first time he's wondering what will happen to her. He's never cared before that this was a matter of life or death! HIS life! Not that he's actually alive, but he's managed to not cross over yet.

Shada puts the ring back. It wasn't hers and it was obviously precious to him. Oookay, now she's going to have to explain that. Hmmm. Well, for now she'll just leave it and carry on exploring, hoping that he won't come to check the ring for a little while.
    Marty wakes up and stretches. He doesn't move from the couch. Shada?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Assuming he's calling my character and not yours, Shada is too far away to hear him. She's also busy exploring. She's returned to the library and is tracing a finger along the spines of the books. The ability to read was taught to every Catcher, but not to any slaves. She wondered why the Catchers enjoyed reading so much. Even Sleet sometimes returned with a book in hand.

((Dead-timing now, sorry.))

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Marty wakes up and stretches, I wonder where Shada is... She must be asleep still. Marty walks to the bathroom and strips his clothes. Marty takes a shower, washing away the stress and pain and heartache of the week.

The streets, night.

Thenadier stands facing the stars.

There, out in the darkness! A fugitive running. Fallen from god.Fallen from grace...God be my witness! I never shall yield!Till we come face to face. Till we come face to face! He knows his way in the dark. Mine is the way of the Lord. And those who follow the path of the righteous! Shall have their reward. And if they fall As Lucifer fell!The flame,The sword! Stars,In your multitudes, Scarce to be counted. Filling the darkness With order and light, You are the sentinels. Silent and sure, Keeping watch in the night. Keeping watch in the night!You know your place in the sky. You hold your course and your aim! And each in your season,Returns and returns,And is always the same, And if you fall as Lucifer fell! You fall in flame! And so it has been and so it is written,On the doorway to paradise!That those who falter and those who fall, Must pay the price! Lord let me find him. That I may see him,Safe behind bars! I will never rest Till then,This I swear,This I swear by the stars!

The Sewers beneath Aceford Manor. Marciano a dirty half-ling thief with a ratted royal blue petticoat, a large brown tricorn hat, and brown trouser's robs some corpses that he murdered with his gang.

Here's a hint of gold Stuck into a tooth Pardon me M'sieur You won't be needing this no more. Shouldn't be too hard to sell. Add it to the pile Add it to the stock Here among the sewer rats A breath away from hell You get accustomed to the smell.
    Well someone's got to clean 'em up, my friends Bodies on the highway Law and order upside down Someone's got to collect their odds and ends As a service to the town!
    Here's a tasty ring Pretty little thing Wouldn't want to waste it That would really be a crime Thank you sir, I'm in your debt Here's another toy Take it off the boy His heart's no longer going And he's lived his little time But his watch is ticking yet!
    It's a world where the dog eats the dog Where they kill for bones in the street.I raise my eyes to see the heavens And only the moon looks down The harvest moon shines down! Well Lads! We made a tidy profit! Well hit this house tonight! I heard its owned by some crazy cook.

Marty is oblivious to the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-21 at 02:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

((Sounds like quite a build-up...))

Aceford Manor

Shada, still sitting in the library I suppose, spends a good deal of time sharpening her sword. She has absolutely nothing else to do for now. No-one had ever told her freedom was boring! She'd assumed a catcher would have attacked the house by now. But then, probably the deal with Fylder was still on. That's odd, she thought she'd made it clear that she simply didn't care.

The gnoll was watching her. It had been watching her for a while, pondering the after-life. He couldn't let her die, could he? He'd been tied to her. His own brothers had done this to him! How could they tie him to a human?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty gets out for the shower, changes clothes. He looks better than ever. Hw heads to th e library looking for Shada, Shada? Hello?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Oh, hello Marty! You're up!
    Shada smiles at him
    {Stating the obvious.} The gnoll says warily. His heart isn't really in the taunt anymore.
    Y-you have alot of books. She's even a little intimidated by them.
    {Again obvious. And you also can't read. Nice going.} Fylder looks at them for a moment. {Of course, I only read gnollish, so they're equally as useless to me...}

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. I do. I love books. Whats your favorite? He walks over to Shada. He smiles happily.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Oh I can't read. She says this as if it isn't much of a deal at all. Then she shrugs and returns to her sword maintenance. Judging by the amount of time and effort she expends on that sword, it's worth quite a lot to her.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I could teach you. You hungry? Marty sits next to Shada.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

I'm fine without reading, but I am kinda hungry. Shada first, however, shows him her sword. Isn't it beautiful? She has odd tastes. It looks vicious.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Its not the only beautiful thing here. Come on, Ill make breakfast.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Shada obviously doesn't understand the line, as she's looking around the room to see what he was talking about. Huh, must be some architectural thing. Or a book or something. She follows him out of the room while the gnoll snickers quietly behind her until... {Oh crap. Marty likes Shada. That means... that means ghost-Shada's going to... SHADA WAIT UP!} He runs after her.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghost-Shada attempts to block the gnoll and wrestle him to the ground. No. No you don't

Marty walks along happily. Hes makes pancakes.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Aceford Manor

Hold up, Shada, a female human, is wrestling a gnoll?? Yeah, that's probably not going to work. Gnolls are strong, if not particularly bright. He attempts to push the ghost Shada away and slug her. {SHADA SHADA! Listen to me you *****!} She ignores him and continues to follow Marty.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghostly is down...however the door closes hopefully separating Shada and Fyldar the door is spectral and invisible to the living so Shada and Marty wont even notice.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Ghostly is down...however the door closes hopefully separating Shada and Fyldar the door is spectral and invisible to the living so Shada and Marty wont even notice.
    Aceford Manor

Fylder, who isn't bright enough to try and find another way in (which would be easy considering he can float through walls) pounds on the door furiously and desperately. {Shada!} He stops, watching her walk away from him and into the kitchen. {...I don't want to die. Again. Once is enough.}

Shada sits and watches Marty cook. I remember when my meal a day was, if I was lucky, a piece of bread that I'd stolen from someone. Often I'd have to fight for it. Sometimes it'd be so soaked with blood after that I couldn't eat it anyways... Her eyes take on a glazed look as she remembers the horror of the Pits.

And if you were really lucky and really good at fighting you may have been able to get your hands on some meat, say, once a month or so. She couldn't vouch for what type of meat it was, or even if it was from an animal not a humanoid, but when you were that hungry it didn't seem to matter as much.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-01-22 at 08:33 AM.