New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Any chance you could tier my Paladin fix when you get a chance.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279166

2. - Top - End - #572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I realize my class has only been posted within a week, but I am curious how you would tier my base class blackguard.
    It's been more than a week now, but I'd still gladly accept anymore critique on it from anyone or having it tiered.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Welcome back Morph, I hope that your application and admission process continues smoothly. Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rocky path getting there.

And I'll refrain from dropping a tier request here, seems like you have enough to go on for a bit. It's nice to see you back, and I don't want to scare you off after all
    www.dnd-wiki.org - My home away from home

My skills rewrite - Making mundane a level range, not a descriptor

Warning About My Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I prefer higher powered games, do not consider magic to be "special", and want non-casters to have similar levels of utility. If you haven't clearly said what your balance goals are, my suggestions generally reflect that. I'm pretty good with other balance points too though, so if I'm offering OP advice, let me know and I'll fix that.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

I have looked through several of the classes now. I'll post comments and critique on them later. I'll first have to pass waterskiing tomorrow on little sleep, seeing the time now.

On more personal note,
    Spoiler
    Show
    last Wednesday I received message that I didn't make the cut and thus do not continue on to the next round for a job as air traffic controller. It was the fourth phase of the selection, and the fifth and sixth would've been the easiest. Also, the third and fifth are apparently the only ones with a chance of re-try. As far as I know, the outcome holds for the whole of the EU, so I don't think I can re-try in another country.

Also, on Thursday, while I was driving to meet a friend of mine to pick her up and go to a concert in Amsterdam (Nice Peter, it was a gift of hers for my birthday), the engine of the car suddenly shut down. I called my dad, who called the lease company, who called a towing company, who called me for my position. Turns out I had put diesel into a benzine car, even though I had first called home about it and was told "diesel" (my dad has always driven diesel cars, but apparently this one's an exception). I found out that if the engine was totally borked like was likely the case, it probably would cost me 4500 euros, which would mean two years less of education for me, which would mean only two years, which isn't enough to get a diploma. Getting a diploma is of huge importance to me, as it'd wipe away the debt I have with the state that I have accrued for the education I've had so far, which is high (I've already had four years of university education, which I told you I had to quit last year).

According to my brother, who is much more knowledgeable about engines than I am, putting diesel in a benzine car isn't as bad as the other way around, so the costs should be only half that, and according to the garage that my dad called yesterday, it might even be below a thousand. I really hope that's the case, because that'd mean I still would have enough for four years of education. I just still wouldn't have enough to live off besides that education, so I still need to get a job as well.

Achievement unlocked: worst week of my life. (Strangely filled with enjoyable events as well.)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh dear... that is a nasty business.

I'd think that your dad might be talked into paying for some of it, seeing as how he gave you bad advice.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Well, that went from to . Sorry to hear that Morph.

Spoiler
    Show
    I prefer higher powered games, do not consider magic to be "special", and want non-casters to have similar levels of utility. If you haven't clearly said what your balance goals are, my suggestions generally reflect that. I'm pretty good with other balance points too though, so if I'm offering OP advice, let me know and I'll fix that.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Comments on classes:

Sanguine Knight
    *chokes on water* That's quite a powerful class! Well, for melee, that is. Thematically, it's great, and you've made it to mesh well with mechanics, so kudos on that. Of course, one might expect that after eleven versions. I'd say that while some abilities appear powerful, certainly more powerful than most abilities at the same level, they're not on par with some of the stronger damaging spells and therefore okay if I'd shove this in High Tier 3. However, the one ability I'd consider problematic is Cruor Blade.

Right off the bat it increases range by 10 ft. Not 5, it just straight up skips a 5 ft increase and goes right for the 10. I'd put a minor scaling of that in there, because even a 5 ft increase is already really, really good. 8 or 12 levels later, making it a 10 ft increase would be more on par. Then, bleeding damage: 1d4+1 constitution damage? On each damaging attack? That would mean that only nonblooded creatures would be able to survive even a single full attack against this guy from that point on. Even a wounding enhancement is only 1 point of Con damage. Did you really mean Con damage here, or just 1d4+1 normal damage for the bleeding? That much in Con damage is crazy much for just some bloody bleeding. That it can be used to make touch attacks is fine. If he can somehow cast spells (planning on a half-caster PrC for the Sanguine Knight, maybe?), he can have that, sure.

"At level 16, this weapon has a lifestealing effect, healing the Sanguine Knight for 1d6/ 5 levels damage." I presume you mean that for each 5 points of damage the Sanguine Knight deals with his Cruor Blade, he heals 1d6 points of damage himself? The effect itself is fine, I'd say. You may even consider giving this earlier, if you change up Cruor Blade and drop an earlier ability, but then you'll need something for level 16.

Bloodlust: "When attacking a living enemy that has already been damaged, the Sanguine Knight gains +1 to hit and damage against it for every 10% of its maximum health it is missing." Most players/DMs won't keep track of percentages of health much, other than 50% health due to its significance and being easy to calculate. 10% is also easy to calculate, but it still creates extra hassle, considering the constant changing of the bonus. It's all up to you, of course, but amidst a lot of other details to keep track of, I'd find this minor and easy to forget.
    "If the target is taking Bleeding damage, this bonus is increased by a further +2." So to +3, correct? I ask because at first I thought you might've meant to. This means you can easily get +10 or +30 to attack and damage at only level 5. (Well, level 8, because at that point you can deal bleeding damage through Cruor Blade.) I'd limit this by class level somehow.

The imagery and concept behind Bloody Step is great, though I find it hard to think up why and how one could teleport from one creature's blood to another's (unless they are related), but one thing I wondered about: if he'd go for a violent exit on a nondamaged creature, he'd deal only 1 damage. Would there even be enough blood for him to emerge from? (If yes, disregard. If no, well, I mostly ask out of curiosity if there were any way to prevent his teleporting other than antimagic.)

Eye of the Storm: keep in mind that 2 levels later he'll be immune to the Con damage that Eye of the Storm is supposed to cause.

Guardian of Minds: So I'm guessing it's meant to be kind of like a noncasting Adept who sometimes can briefly turn into a righteous, Paladin-like warrior? Either way, considering how little he can use most of his good abilities and how little use the other, mostly fluff abilities are, I'd just say that this is Tier 6.

Mechanical Warrior: Why are the systems for right/left arm and right/left shoulder seperate? Why couldn't I choose for TWO buzzsaws, one on each arm? It also has quite a few systems for each body location (on that note, shoulder locations even?), I wonder where all of that goes.

Guardian Sentinel: To be honest, I like the effort you put into it, but it looks very bland. Like the Sanguine Knight, it has a very, very strong frame (all good saves, good BAB, d12 HD), but the rest isn't strong, except a little on the defensive end. The rest is mostly just the standard defensive abilities and Stone Dragon grabbed together. Defiance should require a save. I like Air Lock, semi-original, but you don't justify it well. If enemies would fear him, they'd fly off, not land and make it easier for themselves to die.

Witch: I'll take a more in-depth look later, but keep in mind that Wildshape itself already brings it up to at least Tier 3, so with the rest added it likely goes higher.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh dear... that is a nasty business.

I'd think that your dad might be talked into paying for some of it, seeing as how he gave you bad advice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The one who told me that over the phone (I had called home to ask if it was a diesel or benzine car, as I was uncertain) and specifically asked for my dad. He was still at work in his home office and on the phone, so my mom answered the question instead. I later found out that she never filled up this particular car herself and always forces my dad to do it whenever she sees it's nearly empty, because he can use a card from the company so that he only has to pay half of the costs.

Granted though, it wouldn't have happend if my dad hadn't told me I could use his car instead and thus save on cost (HURR) that way, or at least if he had made sure to fill up the car before coming home. The tank was near in the red when I left home and I didn't notice until a little after, at which point I didn't want to turn around, as I didn't want to be late to meet up with my friend.

Either way, I still will have to pay the cost, as my parents are in the red each month until my dad gets his paycheck. That's what you get with a big family: even groceries, and even when you only get the bare bones stuff on the cheap, gets expensive when there's a lot of it.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

If you get a free moment, would you mind giving my Zealot a look? Wanting some more critique and an idea on where it stands tier wise. (I'm guessing mid to high t3 but I never take my word for anything, too biased that way)
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=Morph Bark;15845329]Comments on classes:

Sanguine Knight
    *chokes on water* That's quite a powerful class! Well, for melee, that is. Thematically, it's great, and you've made it to mesh well with mechanics, so kudos on that. Of course, one might expect that after eleven versions. I'd say that while some abilities appear powerful, certainly more powerful than most abilities at the same level, they're not on par with some of the stronger damaging spells and therefore okay if I'd shove this in High Tier 3. However, the one ability I'd consider problematic is Cruor Blade.

1) Right off the bat it increases range by 10 ft. Not 5, it just straight up skips a 5 ft increase and goes right for the 10. I'd put a minor scaling of that in there, because even a 5 ft increase is already really, really good. 8 or 12 levels later, making it a 10 ft increase would be more on par.

2) Then, bleeding damage: 1d4+1 constitution damage? On each damaging attack? That would mean that only nonblooded creatures would be able to survive even a single full attack against this guy from that point on. Even a wounding enhancement is only 1 point of Con damage. Did you really mean Con damage here, or just 1d4+1 normal damage for the bleeding? That much in Con damage is crazy much for just some bloody bleeding.

3) That it can be used to make touch attacks is fine. If he can somehow cast spells (planning on a half-caster PrC for the Sanguine Knight, maybe?), he can have that, sure.

4) "At level 16, this weapon has a lifestealing effect, healing the Sanguine Knight for 1d6/ 5 levels damage." I presume you mean that for each 5 points of damage the Sanguine Knight deals with his Cruor Blade, he heals 1d6 points of damage himself? The effect itself is fine, I'd say. You may even consider giving this earlier, if you change up Cruor Blade and drop an earlier ability, but then you'll need something for level 16.

5) Bloodlust: "When attacking a living enemy that has already been damaged, the Sanguine Knight gains +1 to hit and damage against it for every 10% of its maximum health it is missing." Most players/DMs won't keep track of percentages of health much, other than 50% health due to its significance and being easy to calculate. 10% is also easy to calculate, but it still creates extra hassle, considering the constant changing of the bonus. It's all up to you, of course, but amidst a lot of other details to keep track of, I'd find this minor and easy to forget.
    6) "If the target is taking Bleeding damage, this bonus is increased by a further +2." So to +3, correct? I ask because at first I thought you might've meant to. This means you can easily get +10 or +30 to attack and damage at only level 5. (Well, level 8, because at that point you can deal bleeding damage through Cruor Blade.) I'd limit this by class level somehow.

7) The imagery and concept behind Bloody Step is great, though I find it hard to think up why and how one could teleport from one creature's blood to another's (unless they are related), but one thing I wondered about: if he'd go for a violent exit on a nondamaged creature, he'd deal only 1 damage. Would there even be enough blood for him to emerge from? (If yes, disregard. If no, well, I mostly ask out of curiosity if there were any way to prevent his teleporting other than antimagic.)

8) Eye of the Storm: keep in mind that 2 levels later he'll be immune to the Con damage that Eye of the Storm is supposed to cause.

1) Oh, really? Sorry, didn't know that it was that good... I guess I can scale it a bit. Level 12 has a bit going for it already, so we'll move it to level 16...

2) Actually, the Con damage only occurs once on any one creature per encounter... though I may want to scale it to 1d2+1 on reflection. It cannot be re-applied to the same creature anyway, so 3 con damage max shouldn't kill things too much.

3) I was thinking that it would just be Cripple and Blood Boil, which are touch attacks, and I had no plans for a PrC... but if anyone wants to make one, they are more than welcome to do so.

4) Actually, that was 1d6/ 5 levels the Sanguine Knight has... which is actually a bit weaker, now that I think about it. (power attack and everything are awesome...) But on top of his natural ability to heal over time (which is also enhanced by a certain feat at the bottom...) it makes the guy much, much harder to kill... though I'm thinking that it could be increased to 1/4 or 1/3. Your opinion?

5) The player can track it if he wants, the DM doesn't have to do any more work than he/ she wants to. Heck, an especially lazy DM could just say that the Vital Sight ability let's the Sanguine Knight see little numbers that represent everyone's health above their heads!

6) No, if the target is bleeding at all then it can apply the +2 bonus once. This means the maximum bonus is +11 for a bleeding enemy that is down 90% of their health. (How many times they are bleeding does not matter, in other words)

7) There would be, as it's jumping through the living blood with the option of causing harm to already damaged enemies, not the blood already spilt. So as long as the target is alive and has blood, you can jump out of them. And it can be countered by anti-magic and replacing the blood in your body with something else? Like embalming fluid... or grape juice (Wizards I've played with a weird, man...)

8) Actually:
    As a note, any sacrificial damage dealt to constitution is not negated by this ability
    That's at the bottom of the Reinforced Blood description (the paragraph just before Unflinchable). So no, he's not immune to the con damage... but by that point likely has 36+, so it doesn't matter so much.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Comments on classes:

Sanguine Knight
    <<SNIP>>

The imagery and concept behind Bloody Step is great, though I find it hard to think up why and how one could teleport from one creature's blood to another's (unless they are related),
    It's based on the official class "Blood Magus" I suspect, which has nothing to do with family trees.

Speaking of trees, it is thematically related to Tree Stride.

Guardian of Minds: So I'm guessing it's meant to be kind of like a noncasting Adept who sometimes can briefly turn into a righteous, Paladin-like warrior? Either way, considering how little he can use most of his good abilities and how little use the other, mostly fluff abilities are, I'd just say that this is Tier 6.
    First: Thank you very much for your help!

They are supposed to be the moral backbone of the community (or of The Inquisition). A cleric may be able to tell you what your god wants, but a Guardian of Minds can help/force you to follow it. The social arena is their home turf. Moral Champion is a mere sidenote.

Imagine a 1st level Paladin and a 1st level Guardian of Minds[Detect Evil] living in a small village, both with the same stat distribution. One day out of the year, there is some sort of monstrous threat. The paladin shines on that day. The other 354 days? They both can sit around in the public square and use Detect Evil to find people who are "far off the path". But the Guardian of Minds is better at getting them back on it (better skill points, plus Gather Information to find out the root social causes, if any). They sit them down quietly, buy them a drink, and talk to them about it.

As the title says "A Paladin for Everyday Life"... plus they can totally beat up a commoner of equal level due to better weapon and armor proficiencies, and d6 hitdie.

As for "Moral Champion" you SEEMED to have overlooked the "Subvert the Invader" option.

So, yeah, if that still makes them Tier 6 then fine.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-08-18 at 12:39 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #581
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awesome work, how could I have missed this up until know. If you got the time, I would like to submit my Sublime Assassin to your judgment. The goal was to make a solid tier 3 melee combatant / skill monkey, so I'm curious how you would rate it.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    4) Actually, that was 1d6/ 5 levels the Sanguine Knight has... which is actually a bit weaker, now that I think about it. (power attack and everything are awesome...) But on top of his natural ability to heal over time (which is also enhanced by a certain feat at the bottom...) it makes the guy much, much harder to kill... though I'm thinking that it could be increased to 1/4 or 1/3. Your opinion?
    Ahh! I derped there then. 1d6 / 5 class levels (adding in class would certainly clear up any confusion such as mine) is still pretty good. Actually, looking at the Vampiric enhancement and similar-working ones, it's better than that. You start out with a 3d6 per attack heal, which is pretty decent, especially on top of Crimson Revelry (which I admittedly missed earlier). Crimson Revelry is effectively Fast Healing 2 at level 1, at least in combat, so I figure it'd make for a great dipping class with only one level.

I do have to wonder how much damage he'll be taking in practical play, and how much healing he can be allowed to somewhat offset that. Crimson Revelry as-is seems rather powerful, but I'd personally hesitate to nerf it too much, considering how he's further supposed to be tanky and all.

That's at the bottom of the Reinforced Blood description (the paragraph just before Unflinchable). So no, he's not immune to the con damage... but by that point likely has 36+, so it doesn't matter so much.
    Ahh, I thought that was only for one of his earlier abilities in the first few levels, where it was speaking about sacrifice and such. Misinterpretation, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    As for "Moral Champion" you SEEMED to have overlooked the "Subvert the Invader" option.

So, yeah, if that still makes them Tier 6 then fine.
    The thing is if he'd use up all his class abilities on a single day, he'd easily be Tier 5 on that day, above the average even. But measured across an average day, certainly not.

Regarding Subvert the Invader, why did you pick the skills Bluff, Climb, Disable Device, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, and Swim? Is it supposed to turn him more into a Rogue of sorts?

13. - Top - End - #583
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey Morph, my sig has been updated and is now current, so feel free to plink away at the massive amount of content on your free time :D
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh! I derped there then. 1d6 / 5 class levels (adding in class would certainly clear up any confusion such as mine) is still pretty good. Actually, looking at the Vampiric enhancement and similar-working ones, it's better than that. You start out with a 3d6 per attack heal, which is pretty decent, especially on top of Crimson Revelry (which I admittedly missed earlier). Crimson Revelry is effectively Fast Healing 2 at level 1, at least in combat, so I figure it'd make for a great dipping class with only one level.

I do have to wonder how much damage he'll be taking in practical play, and how much healing he can be allowed to somewhat offset that. Crimson Revelry as-is seems rather powerful, but I'd personally hesitate to nerf it too much, considering how he's further supposed to be tanky and all.

Ahh, I thought that was only for one of his earlier abilities in the first few levels, where it was speaking about sacrifice and such. Misinterpretation, sorry.
    Crimson Revelry does cap at 20 points, though he can enhance it with the Natural Healer feat that I put at the bottom (Bringing him to 20+1/2 con mod rounded down per round). It is more to offset the damage he is going to be taking from Blood Bond that I would consider raising it to 30, but with Natural Healer that doesn't seem to be too much of a problem.

It's perfectly alright, there are quite a lot of things going around in this class.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Banned

Mechanical Warrior: Why are the systems for right/left arm and right/left shoulder seperate? Why couldn't I choose for TWO buzzsaws, one on each arm? It also has quite a few systems for each body location (on that note, shoulder locations even?), I wonder where all of that goes.
    If you wanted two buzzsaws then you would be an idiot, because you couldn't possibly use them both even with Quickened System unless you wholeheartedly screwed with the action economy.

As for space issues, you could quite easily have several little gadgets on each shoulder and each hand - for the head and back ones they're not even going to be the same place. The Target Lock, for instance, will go over your eye like a monocle. The Eyes of seeing will be closer, like contact lenses. The Casque of Indomitable Will would go on your head, and it could also be the spiked cap at the same time - there's no reason why two systems can't be the same thing.

The Left/Right shoulder thing is manly to stop you taking eight support systems or eight agressive systems - though, it currently makes no difference unless you want a distortion engine and command capacitator at SyL 1. The Hands are simply to stop you, say, using two light ballistae, or having a shield in your right hand for some reason.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

The thing is if he'd use up all his class abilities on a single day, he'd easily be Tier 5 on that day, above the average even. But measured across an average day, certainly not.

Regarding Subvert the Invader, why did you pick the skills Bluff, Climb, Disable Device, Hide, Move Silently, Open Lock, and Swim? Is it supposed to turn him more into a Rogue of sorts?
    Yeah "of sorts". A saboteur (thus Disable Device WITHOUT Trapfinding) and/or underground railroad/hide the Jews from the Nazi's sort of rogue. Maybe sneaking into the castle to let down the drawbridge so that the mob of peasants you have incited to rise up can storm in. Of course, unless you have TWO charges of Moral Champion, you won't be able to kill the guards on the winch very well, but you can at least try to lure one or two away into an ambush or provide an actual rogue with flanking.

If I wanted to beef it up, I would start with the SLAs and maybe some bonuses to skill use (such as never believing someone is lying when they are actually telling the truth, although by RAW that can't happen anyway).

Subvert the Invader might get a little boost in such a case.
    Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #587
    Firbolg in the Playground

My stuff is always open for tiering, as usual, though you covered the two more popular of my works already.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Guardian Sentinel: To be honest, I like the effort you put into it, but it looks very bland. Like the Sanguine Knight, it has a very, very strong frame (all good saves, good BAB, d12 HD), but the rest isn't strong, except a little on the defensive end. The rest is mostly just the standard defensive abilities and Stone Dragon grabbed together. Defiance should require a save. I like Air Lock, semi-original, but you don't justify it well. If enemies would fear him, they'd fly off, not land and make it easier for themselves to die.
    I know its a bit bland, a purely defensive class is going to be, however i think it technically achieves its objective of being a reasonably powered almost wholly defensive class as a mid T-4

i think largely its just a repeat of prior criticisms which i acknowledged as correct a year ago but never could think of solutions
    Last edited by toapat; 2013-08-18 at 03:41 PM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    If you get a free moment, would you mind giving my Zealot a look? Wanting some more critique and an idea on where it stands tier wise. (I'm guessing mid to high t3 but I never take my word for anything, too biased that way)
    With the stunted Favoured Soul-like casting, I'd put its base below Tier 3 at a low Tier 4 as a start. Sudden Strike is a weaker Sneak Attack and doesn't really add much to that. It has a good basic class chassis, especially in the skills department, befitting the Rogue-like role. The unique abilities are a bit weak. Divine Strike is lacking in power to a level that I would only use it outside of combat on allies, until I'd have Divine Cascade to make it better. Redeem the Wicked is a nice ability, but the class has no other abilities like it, and because it requires use of Divine Strike first, at level 8 and 9 it's not worth it yet, plus a class with a d6 HD isn't going to be keen on catching blows for allies. Embodiment of the Divine is right on the power level for a capstone, but mechanically comes out of nowhere, except in relation to Relentless Force, which is also aside from the rest. I'd say include some more new abilities that mesh well with the ones you have or could lead into them well. Power-wise it's at Tier 4, which you could bring up to Borderline Tier 3-4 with some extra abilities that mesh well with what is already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaroth View Post
    Awesome work, how could I have missed this up until know. If you got the time, I would like to submit my Sublime Assassin to your judgment. The goal was to make a solid tier 3 melee combatant / skill monkey, so I'm curious how you would rate it.
    I remember seeing that class. In fact, at first I just thought I had already tiered it even. Black Lotus is already on my list of disciplines, which I passed on to sirpercival for his Martial Discipline Compendium, too. I like the maneuver recovery method and some of the assassin skills. The abilities mesh well and the choice of disciplines fits nicely together without giving the class a large group of them. I'd say you succeeded in making a solid Tier 3 melee skill monkey.

In the future I may also look at disciplines in depth, so Black Lotus may come up then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Hey Morph, my sig has been updated and is now current, so feel free to plink away at the massive amount of content on your free time :D
    If I may ask, which of your classes are the more updated versions (or which do you keep more up to date): the GitP or the minmax versions?

20. - Top - End - #590

It actually says on there, but it's in minmax.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

21. - Top - End - #591
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Well Morph, since you seem to be chugging through these and gathering new content to yourself for tiering, I will ask again that you tier the templar and the priest. The priest might be a borderline fix despite getting a lot of new and/or different stuff, and I know those aren't high on your priority list. The templar has pretty much entirely new stuff though, and it's about as close to a pally fix as warblade is to a fighter fix.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Blackguard: I really like how evocative the picture is. Nice choice. The invocations are all nice and pretty original. One thing I don't get though:

"Hit Points at 1st Level: 15 + Constitution score.
    Hit Points at Each Additional Level: 6.
    Hit Dice Equivalent: d10 + Constitution modifier."

Why is this? Is the class a 3.5 class, or is it for a 3.5-derivative homebrew system that includes some 4.0 mechanics?

Bow Shaper: I'd limit Speed of Mind. As-is, it could make it so someone has a movement speed of 70 ft standard at level 1. Dipping, ahoy! +10 ft at level 1 is fine, +20 ft at 2 might be borderline. Maybe limit it to +5 ft (maybe +10 ft) per level, but otherwise keep it the same?

The Soul Bow being at +2 already at level 3 is really powerful. Most people won't have magical weapons of even +1 until level 3 or 4. I'd make the progression slow at first, then speed up later on. I believe there is a feat (Ancestral Relic or Item Familiar, maybe?) that has a good cost progression for an extra item like that. (Besides, I see that later on the Bow gets a free elemental enhancement, too.)

Ride the Arrow is a great, unique ability. However, it comes two levels before Dimension Door becomes available to anyone, and the use of once per five rounds is definitely way too often. I'd either move it to ten levels later and give it a short-range teleport (like 10/30 ft tops) earlier on, or give it daily use limitations.

Seek the Heart: usually these kinds of abilities only get 1/2 class levels, rather than full. The way this is, its an instant kill with practically no save. This kind of ability is also generally a capstone for base classes or PrCs of 10 levels, so level 15 at the earliest.

Overall, the class mostly has abilities that come too early, and could easily get some extra low-power features at earlier levels if those were moved up, which would also help make the class more versatile.

Tenebrist: Ummm... why does it have mysteries in the same way as if it were supposed to be a vancian caster? Mysteries were specifically made in the way the Shadowcaster has them to be different from vancian casting (although it's still clearly closer to it than the other magic subsystems).

Witch: The class is pretty clear overall, and the Circles seem good the way they work and not too strong. One thing about Wildshape though: you don't say what sizes they are limited to, so by default they aren't limited by size. Is this intentional? Because that means they have access to Colossal creatures the moment they have the necessary HD, which is very powerful.

Regarding Magemark: Invocations do not have spell levels, so what do the numbers between parentheses mean?

Enthropomancer: Under "Distortions" you call the class "witch". Small nitpick.

What does "The entropomancer may activate any number of shards as a full round action, though she may instead activate a single shard as a standard action" mean, exactly? I thought it first meant she may use all of her distortions as a full-round action if she wishes, but it says "shards", and below Distortions you talk about a Shard class ability. It would be handy for a read-through to have the Shards of Entropy above the Distortions if the Distortions depend heavily upon the Shards.

Scratch that, just read "she may only activate one distortion per round, unless through some other special ability or feat", so its just a case of bad word placement rather than the wording itself being confusing. Putting this first would be better. Also, since you call it "discharging", do the Shards that are used with a Distortion disappear?

Reduction might seem strong to some, but I'd say it's pretty minor considering damage that can be achieved in many cases, so it's good where its at.

Vanishing Presence: the level 14 part of this ability is incredibly strong, especially since "interacting" is a vague concept. As-is, this is like an auto-success on Hide in Plain Sight and would work better as a capstone ability. The level 19 part says "This stacks with concealment, but not other types of miss chances". Miss chances never stack, they always overlap. Miss chances never rise above 50%, I believe that was one of the things they changed when going from 3.0 to 3.5.

Dimension Door: just like this is very strong for the Bow Shaper, is this also very strong for anyone else.

I also notice that you often refer back to the table in your write-up of the abilities. This is pretty annoying when reading through an ability, because then you have to go back up to check the table, while it could've just been stated in the ability itself (and always is in official sources).

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

When you have a chance, I'd love it if you could take a look at my retools of the Samurai and the Paladin.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594
    Banned

Also, the link for the Metagamer is broken - it should link to http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Metagamer_(3.5e_Class)
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2013-08-19 at 01:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Also, the link for the Metagamer is broken - it should link to http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Metagamer_(3.5e_Class)
    You need to put the ) inside your url tag.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Metagamer_(3.5e_Class)
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

I'd appreciate if you could do either my Agent or my Jack of All Blades.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

27. - Top - End - #597

Tenebrist
    I felt as if the uses per mystery per day were needlessly restricting and that there were better ways of making the class unique. Instead I made them more difficult to counter and identify, coupled with a couple other unique mechanics.

Witch
    The size limitation with wildshape shouldn't be need. Since it is limited by HD the larger sizes can't be accessed until a higher character level. Unless there are larger animals with lower HD I'm not seeing.

As far as magemark though invocations do have "effective" spell levels which I can use.

Entropomancer
    I'll have to go and fix the typo and take a look at rewording, or reordering, the shards and distortions. Concealment stacking already reworded to overlapping and reordering already done. Better now?

I'm not sure how I should reword vanishing presence. And honestly I can't remember myself how it was intended. I'm thinking either:

1. Interacting would be anything that wouldn't normally garner an observer's attention, such as just standing there or walking by them.

2. Or, it would be anything directly affecting the target(s) themselves. So you could pickpocket someone and only be noticed by them.
    Last edited by eftexar; 2013-08-19 at 04:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, now that I seem to have gotten all the feedback I would normally and cleaned up everything, I'd like to see about what power my Praetor class is at so I can make adjustments.

eftexar suggested in my thread that it looked around tier 3, but and while I know the core concept I don't know enough about the specifics of it to really understand his reasoning behind it.
    There was something here and in the avatar box, and there will eventually be again. I just need to figure out what I want...

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

I'd be curious about any of my classes from... the Ascetic onwards in my full sig. :) If you have time. (Not the tattoo one, ofc)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, could we get the most recent judged classes on the OP please? Just so that I can feel special...