New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    I suddenly remembered a vestige I saw in an old Iron Chef Optimisation Challenge. It's Noxius.
    It's probably a mistake of your part, but you didn't put him in the list
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon® View Post
    Minor quibble. Zarthas just compiled those vestiges. They were made by Circle of Life
    Amended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    The link for Dispater is broken.

How do you want to cite the WOTC forums vestiges? I was gonna compile a few pages, but all the posters are labeled as 'zombiegleemax'.

Edit: Scrolled further down, apparently they aren't all zombiegleemax, but I suspect that that isn't the actual name of any of the posters there.
    I decided to remove Dispater and the other archdevils, on account of being only accessible to one PrC, and have added the PrC to the list instead.

The WotC Vestiges in posts by "zombiegleemax" will be marked as "by Anonymous".

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    It's probably a mistake of your part, but you didn't put him in the list
    Simply missed it. Will add.

Y'know, thinking about it, I've never seen a homebrew base class that uses binding. Well, other than the Dabblemaster, but that one is a basket case.

Also, there are currently several threads about making Tier 1 mundane classes, most notably by Ziegander as an outflow of Grod's, which is a twist on his earlier Legend classes (one which is mostly a Fighter Fix, and a later one that is a High Tier 3 combatant). Right now I'm unsure whether they are Tier 1 as aimed for, Tier 2 due to lack of extensive content (might not be necessary to make it Tier 1) or High Tier 3 due to lack of gamebreakers/single-round encounter-enders.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2013-10-13 at 03:19 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #663

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    The WotC Vestiges in posts by "zombiegleemax" will be marked as "by Anonymous".
    Gotcha. Just started page 4, I'll post what I have once I finish ten pages. That should double the number of vestiges on the list easily.

Edit: Finished the first ten pages and sent the list to Morph Bark. I suggest that anyone inclined to do something similar not do as much in one sitting. The word 'the' doesn't even look like a word anymore to me.
    Last edited by Vauron; 2013-10-13 at 08:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you very, very much Vauron. Your contribution is much appreciated and helps a lot. I'll start work from the back of that huge WotC thread so that we don't do overlapping work. Race ya to the middle!

(Also I amended the Thanks And Credits on the first page for all the wonderful people who've helped.)

Edit: Finished the first ten pages and sent the list to Morph Bark. I suggest that anyone inclined to do something similar not do as much in one sitting. The word 'the' doesn't even look like a word anymore to me.
    Oh my, yes. Took me a week to do all the disciplines last year. I can tell you that I could talk about unarmed strikes and martial arts for a week!

5. - Top - End - #665
    Banned

Oh my, yes. Took me a week to do all the disciplines last year. I can tell you that I could talk about unarmed strikes and martial arts for a week!
    Please don't. You'd be incredibly (almost fatally) sleep-deprived by the end of it, not to mention the food and water...

(Yes, I take things too literally. Your point?)

6. - Top - End - #666

I wont be compiling any pages for a while. I have less time on weekdays.

On an unrelated note, I suspect that level 6 is gonna get really bloated.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Can you tier my temporalist? It's a class that manipulates time on a small scale, enough to be a distinguishing class feature without breaking a campaign. I'm thinking it's around tier 3, but it might be closer to 4.
    Homebrew: TemporalistQuotebox • Avatar by Kris on a Stick
    Blue is for sarcasm • Call me Attila

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

...I was just thinking about making a Time class... today... called the Temporalist...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...I was just thinking about making a Time class... today... called the Temporalist...
    Did you get the idea from your future self, who saw it, traveled back, and told you about it?
    Homebrew: TemporalistQuotebox • Avatar by Kris on a Stick
    Blue is for sarcasm • Call me Attila

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lol.

Morph Bark: Hows the paladin project coming on? been looking forward to it for a bit, hope i don't sound lie i'm bugging you btw.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    CALL IT A TIME LORD. GIVE IT A T.A.R.D.I.S!

12. - Top - End - #672
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Can you tier my Summoner? It's in my signature. I was aiming for a High Tier 3 with it, but it may be a little above that, and want a second opinion.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Lol.

Morph Bark: Hows the paladin project coming on? been looking forward to it for a bit, hope i don't sound lie i'm bugging you btw.
    i think morph subbed it with a binder vestige search

besides the fact that the GitP search is currently so non-functional that finding all the paladin reworks/pseudodins is near impossible because we cant return through the archives
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

14. - Top - End - #674

(Also I amended the Thanks And Credits on the first page for all the wonderful people who've helped.)
    I'll also see if I can dig up a couple more Vestiges and binding PrCs for the list.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Please don't. You'd be incredibly (almost fatally) sleep-deprived by the end of it, not to mention the food and water...

(Yes, I take things too literally. Your point?)
    MY SUSTENANCE IS THE SONG OF BATTLE, THE VISIONS OF THE GODS, AND GOOD STORYTELLING

(The amount of times I forgot to eat breakfast or lunch due to a good book or movie have been countless.)

I wont be compiling any pages for a while. I have less time on weekdays.

On an unrelated note, I suspect that level 6 is gonna get really bloated.
    I had that feeling too. I personally have no time on weekends, so that's a fine coincidence. Perhaps as I tackle pages 41-45 there might be other people willing to claim some pages here or there? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaTheGeek View Post
    Can you tier my temporalist? It's a class that manipulates time on a small scale, enough to be a distinguishing class feature without breaking a campaign. I'm thinking it's around tier 3, but it might be closer to 4.
    As it is, it looks more like a Tier 5 to me. It doesn't get nearly enough Powers/Talents, and the Powers it has are either a bit weak, or good later on and very powerful in the early levels, making it a bit of a one-trick pony in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    i think morph subbed it with a binder vestige search

besides the fact that the GitP search is currently so non-functional that finding all the paladin reworks/pseudodins is near impossible because we cant return through the archives
    Prettymuch, yeah. I've been wanting to do something for Binders since months, so I'm glad I could finally get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco1029 View Post
    Can you tier my Summoner? It's in my signature. I was aiming for a High Tier 3 with it, but it may be a little above that, and want a second opinion.
    Hmmm, due to the Calling spells it's probably Tier 2, yeah. Also, take note that Shortened Summoning is worthless, as the Summon Monster/Nature's Ally spells take 1 round to cast, not a full-round action.

I'll also see if I can dig up a couple more Vestiges and binding PrCs for the list.
    Sounds good.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Your vestige list seems to be missing these three by SilverClawShift (well, technically SilverClawShift's group...): Core, the Guiding Light; Selena, the Corporeal Spirit; and Tevler, the Golden Weaver.
    Last edited by Savannah; 2013-10-15 at 08:33 AM.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Your vestige list seems to be missing these three by SilverClawShift (well, technically SilverClawShift's group...): Core, the Guiding Light; Selena, the Corporeal Spirit; and Tevler, the Golden Weaver.
    Adding them as soon as I return from the optician. (Time to get contacts and prescription sunglasses.)

I also found my old list of links again on an old external hard drive. I thus found thirteen more vestiges that weren't on the list yet, plus a whole bunch of other unfinished vestiges posted on Minmaxboards based on Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero.

18. - Top - End - #678

Didn't the minmaxboards also make vestiges out of the characters from BlazBlue?

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't the minmaxboards also make vestiges out of the characters from BlazBlue?
    If so, I haven't been able to find them yet.

The Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero vestiges are here. I currently haven't yet added them to the list due to how unfinished they are. Those that have their abilities finished could get an approximation of their level, and from there on a DC estimate is easy. Special Requirements would not be necessary for the general class-based ones, but would be required for the named characters, plus Prime32 has essentially already said that each of them requires that you are already bound to one of the class-based vestiges. (And as such, none of the named character vestiges should ever be below level 4, as you cannot bind multiple vestiges before level 8, and at level 8 the maximum level you can bind is 4 if you don't have the feat.)

I have, however, added a lot of other things, including official vestiges outside ToM, ACFs, some feats, and at least a dozen more other vestiges.

EDIT: Current count of Vestiges listed at levels 1-8 is 176.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2013-10-15 at 12:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

If 176 (!) isn't enough and you want more ACFs, I have a thing. Though I should go over it and do some rebalancing/proofreading.

21. - Top - End - #681

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    My Chromancer prc for Gramarie can build a TARDIS.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

22. - Top - End - #682

Seems I mistook the BlazBlue martial disciplines for vestiges.

Anyway, I found a thread on the old BG forums that had a pdf of the old WoTC fan-made vestiges (from the Let's Make a Vestige thread).

Vestiges

23. - Top - End - #683

BlackDragon

Hmmm, due to the Calling spells it's probably Tier 2, yeah. Also, take note that Shortened Summoning is worthless, as the Summon Monster/Nature's Ally spells take 1 round to cast, not a full-round action.
    I'll reword that, thanks.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Vauron and others keeping up with the matters regarding the WotC Vestige thread: I've changed the numbers to reflect post numbers rather than page numbers, because a different amount of posts might be showing up per page for different people (I tend to have it set to the maximum amount, for instance). Posts 1-401 and posts 1602-1841 (the last post in the thread) have been checked.

At the bottom of the list of things to add I've also included links to some posts in that thread that gathered up links to all the Vestiges in that thread. I did that before I realized that all the links are now broken, so they're only good as cross-referential material, in case some Vestiges were missed or are no longer in that thread or were remade/renamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    If 176 (!) isn't enough and you want more ACFs, I have a thing. Though I should go over it and do some rebalancing/proofreading.
    Added it. Very nice concept.

Seems I mistook the BlazBlue martial disciplines for vestiges.

Anyway, I found a thread on the old BG forums that had a pdf of the old WoTC fan-made vestiges (from the Let's Make a Vestige thread).

Vestiges
    Cool. Shame the links no longer work, but that's a great effort that they did. I may add that as an additional thing. Otherwise, it's at least available through this thread thanks to you!
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2013-10-16 at 06:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #685

Here's another batch of Binder and Vestige related stuff.

First some PrCs:
    Apostle of the Green Lady by James Jacobs (then Paizo Editor-in-Chief)
    Initiate of the Sublime Void by Garryl
    Scion of Malphas by Ramza00
    Voidkeeper - Epic PrC by Realms of Chaos
    Devotee of Leraje, Knight of Andra, Vestige Scholar of Vecna - Vestige Avatars by Thrantar
    Twice-Claimed Soul by MammonAzrael
    Pact Scholar by The Demented One
    Vestige Cultist by The Demented One
    Mischief Maker by Derjuin
    The Binder of the Myriad by sreservoir
    Pact Bargainer by Blueiji

Base Class:
    Blasphemous Preacher by Realms of Chaos

Feats:
    Student of Planar History by Thrantar
    Touched by Vestige feats by JoshuaZ

Vestiges:
    Dragyn, the Student of Space; Josh, the Oft Dead; Streben, the Archangel of Quests; Eclipse, the Godslayer; Deworcin, Sorcerer Extraordinaire by Thrantar
    Fey Vestiges by Derjuin (only available via the Mischief Maker PrC)
    Salagora, Mother of Undeath by JoshuaZ
    Heironeous by NudelJunge
    Hextor by Xefas
    Erythnul and Fharlanghn by Xefas
    Yavillin, King of Cataclysms and Daeminthos, the Mind's Reflection by Golden-Esque
    OotS Vestiges plus Banjo, the Puppet God by Cicciograna
    Neelia Niuk, Neverending Will and Eiram Van Schaack, Limitless Grace - The Sublime Muses by Germille

Game Settings:
    Varahal, the Vestige City by Boci

26. - Top - End - #686
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

I have a couple PrC's based off Sentai that I would like a Tier rating for. I was shooting for Tier 3 for most of them except for Mecha Senshi. That one I gave a higher power curve considering the lengthy entry requirements and I wanted to make a Megazord.

I understand that Magical Senshi will be harder to rate due to the wide range of options for the caster entry class. Radiant Senshi also has the same difficulty but not as much due to the smaller range of entry classes.

Magical Senshi (Spellcaster/Sentai hybrid prestige class.)
    Mecha Senshi (Iron Man/Sentai hybrid prestige class)
    Radiant Senshi (Sentai/Illumination-user hybrid prestige class for use with the Tome of Radiance)
    Gigantic Senshi (Kyodai/Sentai hybrid prestige class)
    Last edited by zhdarkstar; 2013-10-16 at 02:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Here's another batch of Binder and Vestige related stuff.
    *snip*
    Added everything.

Quote Originally Posted by zhdarkstar View Post
    I have a couple PrC's based off Sentai that I would like a Tier rating for. I was shooting for Tier 3 for most of them except for Mecha Senshi. That one I gave a higher power curve considering the lengthy entry requirements and I wanted to make a Megazord.

I understand that Magical Senshi will be harder to rate due to the wide range of options for the caster entry class. Radiant Senshi also has the same difficulty but not as much due to the smaller range of entry classes.

Magical Senshi (Spellcaster/Sentai hybrid prestige class.)
    Mecha Senshi (Iron Man/Sentai hybrid prestige class)
    Radiant Senshi (Sentai/Illumination-user hybrid prestige class for use with the Tome of Radiance)
    Gigantic Senshi (Kyodai/Sentai hybrid prestige class)
    I don't Tier PrCs, but it's funny you come with that now. You see, I've been thinking of collecting PrCs based off Homebrew base classes as a supporting list to the Tiered classes in this thread. I just made a thread for that here and already listed your PrCs there, as well as the Binder PrCs already found.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

Toapat makes a spot check: (a 16 is rolled) They are successful

Toapat's Paladin: regarding Hymnbook, can the Paladin inscribe extra spells into the Hymnbook the way a Wizard can add spells to his spellbook? If so, what is the limit to the amount of spells it can hold (so, its page number)?
    specifically, this falls 2 ways, depending on a ruling i never made:

ruling A: No, they cannot add spells to the book, thus they only have 1 book which is stored in the same dimensional pocket as the Gryphon and its horse jerky/the spirits.

ruling B: yes, they can add spells to the book, thus each book contains 100 pages as standard for spellbook type objects
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

I'd like to put forward either of the two classes currently in my sig.

Mage is a quick attempt at a fix and might not be worth tiering because of it; I'm not sure if it is quality or "quality".

Werewolf is exactly what it says on the tin.

And in general any comments you have on either of them would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2013-10-22 at 10:40 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

The Ozodrin has been Tiered.

Ozodrin PrCs are forthcoming in the other thread.