New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    I have so many to fix.... :( :( :( :( :(
    Yeah, I didn't know how hard/easy it would be to convert the tables to the new form (easier than expected), so I screenshotted and saved them all before the forums went down for my classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    All of my tables for things I still support are fixed, iirc.
    Gracias, señorita. That's one down!
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

I've got my Strike Witch class completed, if this thing is still going on. Needs playtesting though.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...7#post17609917
    I am a Curio Munchkin. No ordinary Chargebarians or Dragonwrought Kobolds for me. It's gotta be a specially bred Thri-kreen supersoldier that escaped the torturous experiments with nothing but luck and two awesome templates!
    Homebrew Projects

Why GiantIP is not babyproof

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I've got a new one; a fix almost complete rewrite of the Truenamer. Tier 1 was my target for this one.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...amer-fix-PEACH

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A wild Monsterbound appears!

MORPH BARK
    What will

MORPH BARK do?
    TIER PROMOTE
    PEACH RUN
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post

MORPH BARK
    What will

MORPH BARK do?
    TIER PROMOTE
    PEACH RUN
    Holy crap! that's impressive!

anyway, my Knight of Dullahan is fixed

meanwhile my Magical Girl Has her own thread now.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Temotei for helping keep track of SO many things and being the bro-est of Homebros.
    I just noticed this and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Also, I'm slowly getting through the list with the new tags. Shouldn't be tooooo long from now when I give you the full list with notes.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

MORPH BARK
    What will

MORPH BARK do?
    TIER PROMOTE
    PEACH RUN
    That's a table and not an image?!? DAMN!!!
    Metal Perfection - a template for creatures born on Mirrodin.
    True Ferocity - a simple fix for Orcs and Half-Orcs.
    Monastic Magus - a spiritual successor to the Unarmed Swordsage.
    Pathfinder-ish Synthesist - a simple fix making Synthesist Summoners follow polymorph rules.
    Sword & Sorcery for Sneaky Scoundrels - rogue archetypes/fixes that aim to turn the rogue into a warrior/caster.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Larkas View Post
    That's a table and not an image?!? DAMN!!!
    It is! DAMN!
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

9. - Top - End - #759

Incidentally Morph, not sure if you heard or not but I sorta accidentally stopped being a homebrewer and became a professional designer somehow, doing stuff for Dreamscarred Press. Malefactor got a spiritual cousin in my Harbinger base class.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

10. - Top - End - #760
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

Oooh, nice! I'm currently working on the Sentinel (or Juggernaut - I haven't fixed a name.) Its a super-defender, who sucks up even more attacks than a regular defender.

Also, the more unique Executioner, who combines ranged magic and melee fighting.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Orc in the Playground

I would like to bring attention to Grod's Tier 3 classes from thier Giants and Graveyards: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-3-5-revision
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2014-10-09 at 08:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm actually trying to get some of mine polished out if you wanted to do some PEACHing.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...aper-WIP-PEACH

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

I've completed any planned changes for one of my first homebrews, the Nightblade
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Avast! I hath returned! And hath but for long, as I have begun a new education earlier this year, at the school for International Game Architecture & Design (IGAD) as a Designer & Producer. It is tons of fun, but also eats away time very easily, doubly so because I have a tendency to stay until late and work on projects or talk and hang out with fellow students from around the world. I have exam week in front of my door now, so I'll make this quick!

MORPH BARK
    What will

MORPH BARK do?
    TIER PROMOTE
    PEACH RUN
    That is hilariously awesome. I must now clap.

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    I just noticed this and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Also, I'm slowly getting through the list with the new tags. Shouldn't be tooooo long from now when I give you the full list with notes.
    Hey man, thanks given where thanks' due!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Incidentally Morph, not sure if you heard or not but I sorta accidentally stopped being a homebrewer and became a professional designer somehow, doing stuff for Dreamscarred Press. Malefactor got a spiritual cousin in my Harbinger base class.
    Holy foxnuts, man, that's awesome. I wish you luck!

(b'_')b

So yeah, in general: I don't have the time to go back and re-check all the classes for code and suchlike, and wouldn't even want to. What I *am* thinking of doing though, is re-starting the Homebrew Tier Compendium, just for classes that have the new coding, and possibly somewhat stricter quality checks (not to be mean, but mainly to ensure that I need to check less and thus save time that's gotten so precious). The old HTC would be saved in separate posts, of course.

This idea mainly stems from the fact that at my new education, a total of no less than 26 students have informed me that they'd like to play DnD or other tabletop RPGs, and I am one of the few who has any real experience with them (there are a handful of them who do, but not with DMing, and certainly not for 7 years). It's gonna be real interesting to see that develop.

In the meantime, I am still very much busy and involved with EMPIRE!, a play-by-post game here on this forum that is entirely of my own devising and very popular with people who are very helpful and creative. Feel free to hop on in while you wait for your friendly neighbourhood Tier-Tester to return to the ol' business.
    YouTube channel:

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Out of curiosity, are you staying with 3.5 or are you considering the pilgrimage to 5e? It seems like a good chunk of the 3.5 fanbase is bleeding away toward that and I was wondering what direction you'll go.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you staying with 3.5 or are you considering the pilgrimage to 5e? It seems like a good chunk of the 3.5 fanbase is bleeding away toward that and I was wondering what direction you'll go.
    While I would love to see a tiering compendium for 5e homebrew, we may have to redefine tiers for 5e first. The lack of any objectively tier 1, 5 or 6 classes sort of shoots down the 3.5 tier system, and even tiers 2-4 seem to be closer together in 5e... So far, I think we would have to just stick to a 5e homebrew compendium until a more fitting ranking system could be made (Maybe with 4 tiers, ranking things from "High power" at tier 1, to "dubious use" at tier 4... Maybe dividing classes up further based on how they perform different roles? So splitting the tier system based on general tier and then specialization tiers... Just a thought.)

... Not that Morph Bark only gets involved in a system only to tier things. But I thought I might try to shift the focus to a more tier-based discussion, since this is a tiers thread, not a "Morphbark, join the edition war" thread. And I do have a question to ask him I suppose...

Morphbark, given your involvement in homebrew here on GitP and your experience with the tier system, I was wondering if maybe you would like to help make one for 5e? Well, if you've looked at it all that much, that is, and if you have the time to do so.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
    For purposes of playing DnD with my fellow IGAD students, we'll stick to 3.5/Pathfinder. However, I will check out 5E as well to see what its like and figure out the reasoning behind the design choices. My school is focused on video game design of course, but that need not mean that I'll limit my own personal studies to just that. I'm interested in ludological underpinnings of tabletop RPGs, LARP systems, card games, board games and war games as well, and the narratological theories behind great works of literature, theater and cinema.

Through the era of 4E, I saw the good points and reasoning behind it, but I kept championing 3.5, even though I never really got to Pathfinder (but I did incorporate a lot of the newer Pathfinder/4E things in houserule form, so I got pretty close either way). I may well do the same with regards to 5E, but of course can't voice a verdict yet as I have little first-hand knowledge of it. I checked it out when it went to beta, but couldn't get into it at the time. Of course, it was only very basic at the time, and some of my older friends are getting into 5E as well, so I'll just have to check it out and see for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    While I would love to see a tiering compendium for 5e homebrew, we may have to redefine tiers for 5e first. The lack of any objectively tier 1, 5 or 6 classes sort of shoots down the 3.5 tier system, and even tiers 2-4 seem to be closer together in 5e... So far, I think we would have to just stick to a 5e homebrew compendium until a more fitting ranking system could be made (Maybe with 4 tiers, ranking things from "High power" at tier 1, to "dubious use" at tier 4... Maybe dividing classes up further based on how they perform different roles? So splitting the tier system based on general tier and then specialization tiers... Just a thought.)
    Tiers for 5E would have to be defined first, yeah. Homebrew compendia have been abound since homebrew existed, but I've never seen one incorporating tiers other than my own. It's a LOT easier to just gather up everything you come across than it is to deliberate review and rank everything, which is why I sometimes can be harsh and don't put something up in the tiers even after someone directly asked me and I reviewed it. Having a strict check on quality means some people are not as quickly inclined to ask (though plenty still do just to get a review), lessening the burden a tiny bit. Besides, if a creator feels their work isn't good enough, it often isn't unless they are a perfectionist (in which congratulations, now gimme your stuff).

... Not that Morph Bark only gets involved in a system only to tier things. But I thought I might try to shift the focus to a more tier-based discussion, since this is a tiers thread, not a "Morphbark, join the edition war" thread. And I do have a question to ask him I suppose...

Morphbark, given your involvement in homebrew here on GitP and your experience with the tier system, I was wondering if maybe you would like to help make one for 5e? Well, if you've looked at it all that much, that is, and if you have the time to do so.
    Ha! Good one. Now lemme go get my axe.

Once I've gone through 5E, it depends on how good my grasp of it is and whether there is a need for a tier system for it. One of the other students at IGAD has played some 5E before, so I might talk with him about it. It's possible that he won't like playing 3.5 and would prefer to set up a 5E group. If so, I'd prolly ask him if he wants to DM that so I can learn as a player.
    YouTube channel:

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hmm, not sure how I missed this when I went on my short homebrew spree a while back. If you'd be willing to tier anything in my sig that would be awesome! In particular, I'm most interested in getting feedback on my Regenerator class since I put the most effort into that one.

19. - Top - End - #769

Made an upgrade to my runner class a while back, it now possesses maneuvers and stances with a unique "recovery" mechanic.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a comment -- "Witch" in tier 2 should be far lower in tiers. Mid T3 would be my best guess, possibly lower.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos
    Just a comment -- "Witch" in tier 2 should be far lower in tiers. Mid T3 would be my best guess, possibly lower.
    If you look at the thread for that witch class though, you can see that for the first week it had full casting and much stronger hexes, so it did deserve it's spot back then, which is when it must have been Tiered. But yes, as it currently stands, a mid to low Tier 3 sounds about right.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    What I *am* thinking of doing though, is re-starting the Homebrew Tier Compendium, just for classes that have the new coding, and possibly somewhat stricter quality checks (not to be mean, but mainly to ensure that I need to check less and thus save time that's gotten so precious).
    I stopped adding new material for a while (got busy, got other hobbies) but I've been working to slowly fix all my old stuff. Some of the 3.5 classes I originally re-balanced I eventually decided weren't good enough, but now on the second time through I'm quite proud of them.

If you decide to work on this, let me know and I'll do what I can to help out, especially if it means I get ensure some of my own stuff a moment in the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!