New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Trog's Tavern CCXLIX

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
    Owner and Proprietor: Trog
    Manager: El Jaspero
    Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
    ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
    Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
    Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
    Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
    Wines:
    Catoblepas Sauvingnon
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
    Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
    Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
    Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
    Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt
    Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
    Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
    Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
    Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
    Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans
    Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass
    Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
    Warlock Wine - Best served cold
    Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
    A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
    Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
    Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
    Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
    Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
    Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house
    Dwarf Spirits
    Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
    Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
    Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor
    Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood
    Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters
    LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
    Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning
    Murderita - Wasted away again...
    Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
    Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
    Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
    Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair
    Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime
    White Russian Wukei - for bounty hunters who dig dairy
    Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
    Ales: Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best
    Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
    Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
    Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
    Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
    Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) - for the kids!
    Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation
    Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds
    Oni Tea - From the far east.
    Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
    Root Beer
    Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold
    Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows

MUNCHIES MENU:
    AbyssalNuts - damned and spicy
    Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
    Bamhacon - where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
    Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens
    Hero Sandwiches - what else? Served with Villain vinegrette
    Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip
    Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
    Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you "the floor"
    SMOKABLES:
    Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor
    Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
    Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2014-10-13 at 09:34 AM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIX

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Leaning in nice and close he replies "because something is better than nothing,
    Because some times a lie will keep you safer than the truth,
    Because the way it feels in your hand gives you an illusion of security?

Or...
    " he adds calmly sitting back
    "maybe it's not even yours and your just carrying it from one place to the next, I don't really know nor care, but I could hardly start a conversation about your clothes "

He flicks his hand through the air as if waving off any seriousness or hostility of his words and studies the woman's face intently.
    "You could've not started a conversation and left me alone," the woman says. If he's trying to wave off hostility, it hasn't worked, sincw it's still present in her face.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hey, I'm just going off of the limited info I have. I meant that you'd want to make your reputation month "mom of Sheperd". And GLoG has changed. Hell, they sheltered Reinholdt until he left.
    Caelynn explains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    A sigh signals the mans growing impatients with the service, he rolls a gold piece between his fingers shortly but soon that bores him too, he glances towards the nervous patron who is clinging to her sword and then decides to move.

Arching his back with a small groan he stands tall, swiping up a couple more coins he slides over to the two women. Touching rabbit on the shoulder he drops the coins infront of her and quickly adds with a nod, .

"Be a doll and get us all a round of something fine" there's an air of arrogance in his deep yet soft voice.

And with that he gives her a taunting wink and a small smile forms in the corner of his mouth as he turns and walks away before either can reply.
    "Cats and rabbits eh, never can play nicely" he says to himself, loud enough for them to hear, as he pulls out a chair and and takes a seat across from the plain clothed woman sitting against the wall.
    She leans in towards Caelynn, her eyes still alight with things not kind in intention nor gentle. In truth, Rabbit realizes that though they share some similarities, they are, perhaps, polar opposites in temperaments.
    That cat never could figure out what it was he wanted in life...
    Although, for that matter, neither quite could the necromancer and it had put her squarely in the predicament in the first place, had led to her escape from the Nexus years before.

"You have gravely miscalculated the kind of person I am, Caelynn. They wouldn't accept me because I will not repent. There's more than Shepherd coloring my past and-"

Cut off, she's approached by the man.
    The place where his hand touched her burns, even with layers between her skin and his, and Rabbit grits her teeth around the cigar that had bounced between her lips as she had conversed with Caelynn.
    His last tidbit sets her off guard- he hadn't heard her name, she was sure, and there's nothing about her that would suggest it. No ears, no tail, not a cute little nose with whiskers.
    Rabbit was a name and nothing more. Something inherited from a family she no longer held connection to.

"I don't get along with anyone.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, otherbabymama-"

And, for just now, Rabbit takes her leave of Caelynn and Alexis, turning on the boots of her heels to approach the man who'd so unacceptably invaded her personal space. Hips sway with each deliberate step she takes - she's not tall and she has no muscle mass, but for what it's worth, the woman is composed of no straight lines. Every inch of her is curved, from her chest to her hips to the cupid's bow of her crimson lips, and despite her cruel demeanor, her clothes are made to fit.
    When she stops at the table shared between the third woman and the man, Rabbit ignores the one with the sword, leaning her hip against the table and grinning down at him. One hand reaches up to take the cigar from her lips and she exhales, letting a tower of smoke ascend upwards in a wafting length.

"Hey, darlin' " Now is the first time a hint of a southern accent could be heard. Georgia, perhaps?
    The hand not occupied with her tobacco reaches out slowly to show her intent - his jaw. Probably to stroke his stubble? It's obviously not a threatening gesture.
    "You forgot something back there." It's a definite drawl on her tongue.

— Iain S. Thomas

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well then, would you mind illuminating me on what type of a person you truly are?
    She inquires, but then man!
    She narrows her gaze at the man, suspicious of his intentions.
    Caelynn watches Rabbit's actions with interest.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

To say the door swings open would be an extreme overstatement. Rather, it opens gingerly, with an almost dainty-quality, ajar only long enough for a soft-faced elf to step inside. A loose-fitting robe hangs from his light frame, while a strong silver box sits under his arm. He walks gently and his eyes are half-lidded in a display of serenity, even as the general chaos of the Tavern thunders around him. He makes his way to an empty table, sitting down and placing the box on the table before him. He spots Rabbit, and offers her a simple smile and a regal wave. It has been so long since he'd last seen the girl, of course, but he wouldn't dream of intruding on her conversation. Strong-willed to a fault, and if that will directed her towards him, so be it. Morrison was not one to impose.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Watching Rabbits attitude and blunt honesty was like a breath of fresh air, however in his brashness he had allowed himself to be caught up and overcome by it and quickly realised the damaged he had nearly caused as he sat opposite this angry. lady.

With a deep meditative breath he focuses and quickly slips back into the familiar masquerade, donning the mask that day by day begins to grow a flesh of its own, and day by day it becomes more unbearable to wear.

Shifting his posture, sitting tall he places his right hand over his chest and as sincere as a child's innocence he begins to apologise,

"sorry my lady, please forgive my display and please understand it's out of a greater concern, the folk of the nexus can sometimes be dark and dangerous." He pauses for a moment shuffling in his seat as he stares at the table contemplatively, then begins "a tamed dog wanders upon a rabbit for the first time ever, excitement and curiosity fill it's face for he doesn't know what it is or what he is to do!... Then the rabbit in all it's fear answers for him,"

"It runs, In its fear of being attacked it tells the dog how it is suppose to act."

"You see"
    he starts to continue on as the the lady from the bar approaches intervening on the conversation.
    As he sits silently and watches a puff of smoke slowly float up into the rafters he realises and recalled his mistake...
    He had used knowledge he shouldn't yet know. But did she?

He calmly confidently leans back in his chair and raises his eyebrows in a sort of curiosity and greeting, he has to focus as so his eyes don't wonder but he cannot completely hide his predatory grin.

Something bad is coming, and it's too late to avoid it, he mentally tightens the mask. All the thoughts running in his head distract him from her words, "sorry?" he replies politely and questioningly while maintaining, eye to eye, a determined stare. He holds his confident, collective demeanour never breaking his gaze or even his devilish grin, even as her hand reaches towards his face and he unnoticeable tenses in tension and anticipation.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-06 at 02:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

That look on his face stirs something in Rabbit, something she can just barely remember, a taste of another on her lips that lingers from years before. Out of the corner of her vision, she catches sight of a familiar high priest, a face that isn't the one who's memory tightens the muscles in her gut unpleasantly, but which serves as a reminder.
    She'll catch Morrison later - he's a fraggin elf, afterall. He had all the time in the world to wait out Rabbit's darker impulses.

"You. Forgot. Something." Rabbit repeats, but her voice is soft, almost teasing. Provided the man doesn't pull away, her hand reaches the strong line of his jaw and....nothing happens. Just the cool silk of her dress gloves against the texture of his stubble, her thumb tracing small circles.
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2014-10-06 at 02:53 PM.

— Iain S. Thomas

8. - Top - End - #8

Caelynn is skippable for the majority of the cinversation
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

A soft jolt of breath escapes his lips as he feels the soft silk run across his skin, exhaling in defeat he looks away from Rabbit with his eyes alone, unable to take anymore. His eyes happen upon the other girl at the table and he is suddenly reminded of the tavern they are in "alright I'll bight he replies after a deep breath, rolling his eyes back to her.
    Rabbit might notice the muscles in his arm relax as his hand unclentches from a fist.
    "Sorry miss," he lets the conversation pause for longer than nessecary " what was it I forgot back there?"he asks intently, peering up at her through his eyebrows as he presses his jaw against her hand.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-06 at 03:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Her grin twitches at the corners, and though her lips have hardly moved, there's something much more maleficent in the way she looks at him now than she had just a moment before.
    Rabbit's other hand moves quickly, and he might have time to dodge it. He is, by far, physically much stronger than she is, but Rabbit has always relied on underhanded tricks.
    The cigar drops its ash, now just a red-hot end, and unless the so-far nameless stranger moves quickly enough, it's on a path for the apple of his cheek.

— Iain S. Thomas

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Surprisingly he matches her maleficent gaze, a moniacal glee burns in his eyes, a proud, happy excitement.
    He was slow to react but still her hand fell short, the red ash tickles the ends of some stubble as the smell of burt hair whispers into thin faint smoke. Her wrist was caught between his fingers and thumb and whilst his strength was obvious it was above appearance. From the wrist joint alone he manipulated it in a way that would bring her face closer to his or bring her great pain.

He was masterful in his movements and his expression obvious to only her. With him still leaning back in his chair, from a spectators viewpoint it would still look like rabbit was the aggressor and in controll. A position he thought she wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-06 at 03:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

The other woman, now named Iamar, has decided that she's had quite enough of getting skipped and ignored these people and the speed with which they resort to violence. Without a word, she stands from her seat and turns to leave the tavern. She doubts either of these two will even notice her going.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Out of nothing but a sheer instinct for self-preservation, Rabbit drops the cigar to the floor, letting it roll and shed its ash across the floor until she can reach it with her foot, extinguishing it's life under the heel of her boot.
    But Rabbit yields to him, despite her stubborn nature and her precedence to be quite the sore loser, her bright green gaze full of loathing and spite.

The other woman leaves and Rabbit can't find it in herself to care (but her player does- sorry :() - one less distraction. Thankfully, Caelynn and her daughter are a safe distance away (not that Rabbit cares. She doesn't. Nope. Not one little bit, nopenopenope) and so it leaves just her, inclined towards him.

With her wrist in his hand, he might notice that her pulse is slower than a normal, healthy human - especially for one in which excitement in occurring, and if his hand catches a patch of pale skin between the sleeve of her coat and her silk gloves, it'll feel...luke warm.

"And what'll you do now?"

— Iain S. Thomas

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

He relishes in the spite of her gaze, smiling tauntingly, this however was a facade.

'What will you do now' the words rose a hellfire of fury within him, his fingers twitched wanting to snap her wrist into tiny slithers. The air caught in his lungs yearning to explode in her face with a vicious wave of insults, his blood pumped pure aggression through his veins.

But she was right, what would he do now... It had already gone too far. And he cursed himself... No her, for it.
    Then out the corner of his eye he notices as the other woman at the table begins to leave and a new frustration toils inside him. While not terrible he was still not sure if he had amended his previous attitude towards her, which brings him back to rabbit. His eyes finds hers and the mask worn for years slips further than it ever has.

"Dark witch" he almost hisses at her in a low whisper, pulling her in close so only she can hear the disgust rolling off his tongue. With her so close only she could see the dark hatred brewing in his now glowing eyes, his grip grows tight enough to inflict pain giving him good contact with her pulse. "I am no mere mortal and you best remember that "
    he spits out demandingly with an unknown authority, a tone of one believing himself superior, expecting lessors to obey.

Just as rabbit stops drawing near suddenly it all disappears, the hatred, the spite, the glow in his eyes and the strength. Their hands were still positioned aside his face out of view of most and with a sudden and sharp bursts he folds her wrist back on its self forcing her elbow to slide forward and her body to follow continuing her motion just as sharp and suddenly! Reacting to her unwilling advance he lets out a sudden loud gasp of false surprise and begins falling backwards, his chair toppled to the ground crashing with a loud thud.

Scratching his head while laying on the floor amongst the rubble, eyes squinting in pain he shouts aloud" you're crazy, I want her banned from this establishment for violence" his voice booms out to the other patrons. While still shaky, between coughs and behind his tending hand he mutters an abyssal chant and diverts the dark spirits that were following rabbit to this other woman leaving instead.

"What was that for" he asks Rabbit as he rubs the dust from his eyes looking for the woman. He had to be cautious not to push his luck, this woman was unpredictable.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-07 at 12:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

The elf sitting at a table by himself, now holding a small cup of tea in one hand, covers his mouth with the other as an airy laugh passes his lips. "You've not spent a long time in this area, have you? Few are merely mortal here. Besides, fights are so common these days; no one will be thrown out of a tavern for brawling." He sighs as he leans forward onto his hand, lips slightly curved downwards. "No matter how unsavory it is."
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, the antics here certainly have an audience. In addition to the elf, Caelynn, and the recently departed woman, Niara and her drone are also spectators. The former has an expression of amusement mixed with mild concern. What the elf said was true; fights were a frequent fixture of this place. But these two certainly weren't simple drunk thugs, looking to burn off some pent-up anger.

There was something unnerving - something consciously dangerous - about both of them.

For the moment, Niara is quite comfortable saying nothing. She sips her wine and watches.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

It happens too quickly for her half-dead senses and her physical strength is no match for his, not by half. Rabbit's bones are fragile, lacking in quantity the amount of nutrients her body requires (or in the particular type), and her wrist snaps with a sound that would be quite sickening to those unfamiliar with the symphony of breaking bodies. For Rabbit, however, she simply curses under her breath, yanking herself away as the man falls to the floor with a great clatter.

Extra eyes fall on her- she can feel the gaze of he other patrons turn on her, and the necromancer swallows the disappointment, it's bitter flavor a knot at the back of her throat.
    An easy reintroduction to the Nexus and it's inhabitants?

Never.

Atleast, not for Rabbit. Even without the looming shadow of her past, she finds trouble and attention. No matter how she tries to calm her temper, to remain nondescript and out of the eyes of crowds, she falls back into her old habits like an alcoholic.
    She is addicted to rage.

And it's rage that pumps coldly through her veins as she stands over the man who falsely calls out for the aid of the tavern, who seeks, pathetically, to win over the others, to turn the crowd against her.

With Morrison's words, she only grins, calling back over her shoulder to the elf.

"Sorry, Morrison, if we're offending your delicate artistic sensibilities. I forgot how gentle you creative types are."

And then she turns to look back down at the man laying on the floor, playing hurt. There's a look of victory to her grin, even as her wrist hangs limply at her side.

"So now that your dramatic plan to thwart me has failed so spectacularly, where does that leave us, sweetheart?"
    It's punctuated with a snort and she looks down on him with arrogance to match his.
    "You smell of hell and speak of mortals, and yet... Here you are on the floor.
    So... Sad."

It's without warning, like his flip of her wrist, that her booted foot swings out, towards his uncovered head. She's not strong, this is true, but if he doesn't move or stop her, he'll still have a hell of a headache.
    Or a smashed temple.
    Samey-samey.

((I did this on my mobile, so if there's any strange autocorrected words or broken brackets or anything, my apologies))

— Iain S. Thomas

18. - Top - End - #18

"Dude, someone crashed a satelite into this bar a while back and wasn't banned from here. I don't know Trog's ever banned anyone or anything." A voice comes from the bar, directed at the man on the ground. He migth not see the person who is talking to him, since the person isn't sitting on a barstool. and the person talking is only a few inch in size.
    So the others might see a very tiny creature stiiting on the plate the Tacos have been. The creature is green with a yellow collar. it looks like a mix of cameleaon and stuff animal and right now it's having a toothpick in his mouth which is nearly as long as he himself is.

"Anyone who comes to Trogs is either strong enougth to stay alive or fast enougth to avoid." The little creatur called MrC speaks.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

This... This woman,

Showing no signs to be much more then she appears yet still, against a man nearly twice her size, in authoritative military ensemble, bearing his animosity, strength and control, still she still continues to taunt him.

Either she conceals a hidden strength, a death wish or it's simply that her stubbornness truly knows no bounds.

He hadn't meant to snap her wrist, she was frailer then he thought, or he was more consumed by anger than he realised. But as she spat just the precise words in the right tone to dig under his skin, he was so glad that he did. His stomach knotted as he was hit by what she said, her cold voice felt like knives twisting in his gut.
    He looks to take some satisfaction in the pain and anguish the broken wrist had caused.

Blank, unaffected.....

A sudden calm overtook the boiling cauldron that was his vile mixed emotions and calculated thoughts. He found a serene emptiness. He gave up conscious thought as he allowed himself to auto pilot to what he does best.
    He was going to merciless murder the wench right now regardless of the consequences.... But Then....

'Thwack!' Suddenly her boot collects square with his temple and his head fiercely jerks on his neck from the sudden force. He slumps into the ground with a groan, dazed, a small pool of blood begins to show and slowly roll down from where the impact split the skin.

He is violently snapped back to reality. In his short still moment of silent darkness, dabbling on the brink of unconsciousness, He questions all that has recently occurred. How has this woman stripped him of his will?
    He has suffered many a humiliations and wrongs to conceal himself within the Nexus, swallowing his pride further than he thought possible to the brink of physical pain, but he struggled to give her an inch.

Pulling himself to full consciousness he catches his breath with a single calm centring deep breath followed by a string of short coughs. He lay on his back, arms out stretched, defenceless with eyes still closed. A ringing echo's in his ear only accentuating his pounding headache.
    Surprisingly he retaliates with a smirk at the ceiling as his coughs turn to a soft chuckle of laughter and a true, hostile free, charming grin catches his face.

"Quite a kick" he groans, from the stillness of the ground not ready to move his head.

"Sad?" He softly snorts "maybe"
    He then roughly manages to point in the direction of Caelynn and the coins he left on the bar.
    "So, I take it Im not getting that drink?.. asked the wrong girl"
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-08 at 06:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

She looks up briefly, giving an appreciative but none-too-happy grin to...whatever that thing is on the former-taco plate. It's brief - she doesn't let her eyes drift from the man below her for too long. In much the same way he seems hesitant to trust silence from her, Rabbit doesn't trust him.

He splutters and bleeds and there's some unsavory satisfaction to be had for Rabbit, who tosses her head back, encouraging her auburn hair away from her line of sight. It takes a few moments, but then he's laughing and she's confused.
    What was this man's damage, that he could look ready to rend her limb from partially undead limb one breath and smile at her like she had simply won at arm wrestling the next?
    Nothing of him begged her to trust him, should she turn her back to him, and so she leaned back against the table- far enough that he would have to sit up and lean over to reach her, but close enough to keep an eye on him for another handful of seconds.

"Sad as in pathetic, you hopeless oaf." The hand belonging to her non-broken wrist reaches in to her coat and pulls another cigar out and she makes a point of inspecting the pre-cut tip, it's predecessor being a pile of mush on the floor.

An amused snort puffs it's way from her nose.

"You're a fool if you think I'd've let her buy you a drink. You're not worthy to lick that baby's bottom, let alone be served by the mother." Dismissively, she places the cigar between her red lips, crossing her legs at the ankles, all of her weight resting against the table to her back.

— Iain S. Thomas

21. - Top - End - #21

Caelynn snorts derisively. She doesn't think much of this man.
    Sorry, I have a policy against funding the indulgences of seemingly chauvinistic men
    She replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Her words disgust him and it's apparent on his face as he brings himself to stand, but unlike before they just wash off him like the dust and debris he pats off his clothing.

"Not really a cat person" he adds in sharply, briefly glancing back at the mother and child, unimpressed with her comment, while rolling his his neck.
    He then groans, "how's the hand?" He asks as he begins to take a long slow step intimidatingly towards Rabbit. He locks onto her eyes and as before that devilish smirk grows from one corner of his mouth to the other.

He stretches a bit and rolls his shoulders back accentuating his lage chest.
    Towering over the girl he will attempt to lean on the table and reach out to rabbit much like she did to him before.
    Mixing a southern drawl into his tone he adds
    "You forgot something back there"

And he tops it off with a sarcastic playful wink.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-08 at 09:35 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Meanwhile, a tallish woman enters. Her form is not a curved and hourglass-shaped one like most of the women in the nexus, but it is a lean, muscular, and powerful one. She looks to be 21, due to the effect of age combat in war and taxing work causes (actually nearly 18), and her long hair is a maroon brown French braid, long enough to still have long bangs and cover the area of her forehead and around the ears. Her skin is a tanned, originally pale color, and the woman's eyes shine blue.
    Sophia Godlark, her form adorned in her usual hanji linens of a violet, vivid purple sweater, the color one would expect of a Godlark, and the uniform of the Survey Corps. A long gash mars her left cheek, healing as steam seeps from the deep laceration.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"Rabbit person, are you?" One eyebrow arches high on her forehead and she leans in closer, her voice a dramatic stage whisper. "Or maybe you just like your girls half dead, is that it? Less fight in 'em...usually."

There's some feeling of defensiveness over Caelynn, though if asked, Rabbit is certain she'd deny it. All the same, she doesn't like the way he'd so flippantly dismissed her.
    She consoles herself by thinking she just dislikes the man altogether and would take the side of anyone against him (but she knows, deep down, that's the least of it).

At the man's questions, she glances down at her wrist, tries to wriggle her fingers. Her body is already at work, attempting to knit the bone back together, months and months of work done in minutes, but it's not quite perfect yet - and the ache is almost unbearable. Rabbit desperately wants a drag of her cigar and two fingers of whiskey but the man keeps coming and that prospect of peace is looking to be more distant by the moment.

"Ah ah ah." Rabbit pulls a step away from him, the heel of her boot clacking against the floor. "Don't you come at me unless you've got a lighter in your hand, darlin'. That's how this all started, don't you remember, Bad Touch?"
    And just like that, he's got a nickname.

— Iain S. Thomas

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

He slightly bows his head and stops his advance,
    "I thought you'd never ask." He replies smooth yet slyly.
    With a quick wave of his hand and snap of his fingers he makes the motion of holding and starting a lighter and small flame pops to life from where one should had there been a lighter.

He looks back up at her through the flame, arm outstretched, leaning back, allowing her to advance to him. She was being cautious now as she should be, regardless how she tries to hide it, this is a lady who likes to be in control he thinks to himself as the candle light dances to his will, the flame will gently grow if she nears it.

Beneath his voice he mumbles just loud enough only Rabbit could hear. "Don't like em dead, they just end up that way sometimes"

Being sure he caught a glance of concern earlier towards the mother and child he directs his attention to them after his last comment. Hinting ill will towards them, seeing if he could get a rise.

While looking back he notices an unwelcoming face, that damn Sophia girl. Bartenders of Nexus couldn't spike a drink to save their own life. (Wich if the day gets any worse it may come too) He internally hisses at the sight of her, but gives her a polite smile and nod of recognition.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-08 at 10:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Sophia notices Mr. Bad Touch, and glares.
    This should only take a second.
    She comments to Rabbit as she stalks over to the man and delivers a swift knee to his stomach... If possible.
    It will cause excruciating pain, possibly breaking a lower rib, and Sophia herself grimaces slightly as steam begins to seep from her now broken kneecap.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Mr.C just looks up. He doesn't curse himself to be slow, because he got fire fir Rabbit as well. he steps on the edge of the bar and suddendly a small basket of popcorn appears and he starts to nom it.

"At least some action is coming up." he says as Sophia joins in.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup the day got worse, with his head still pounding, worse than he would believe it possible, and he wasn't leaning on the table to appear suave. Now On top of things Sophia had blind sighted him with a fierce knee to the ribs, he heard and felt atleast two ribs crack.
    His teeth grit feircly and his whole body tensed as he fought with the pain, he held true tho, only breaking out a soft groan in reply to the attack as beads if sweat form on his forehead.

"Rabbit this is Sophia", he just manages to say through short broken breaths still holding out the flame, arm slightly wavering.

"We shared a meal and company when I was new to here"
    He calmly continues. The veins on his forehead, the tension in his muscles the slight flair in his nostrils and the animalistic glare in his eyes told that the calmness in his words were a lie.

"Sophia, I was just about to buy these lady's a drink, he nods to the cat lady, pauses, then nods back to rabbit, "join us"

Had he just become a masichist? Now he was questioning his own sanity and it reflected in his smile.

He was so caught up in his own struggle he almost didn't notice Sophia's, almost. At least he had found some slight gratification regardless how small, in her injured knee.
    He then takes a quick second to gaze at all the other patrons, especially the one eating popcorn.

Damn Rabbits cigar suddenly became so extremely appealing, if she leans in, as soon as the flame lights the end he will cause a small bright spark to flare and at the same time swipe it with the same fingers that lit it.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2014-10-08 at 11:43 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"I know that senseless violence is a tradition in this town, brimming with history, but don't you think you've taken this far enough?" Morrison's words are directed at the rather unpleasant man. In accordance with the reproachful nature of his words, his tone is chastising, as if calling out a child's mistake. "Not to limit your free expression, never that, but what exactly is it you're trying to accomplish, exactly, and could it not be better solved without throwing punches and insults?" It would take more than a brawl (even one as loud and attention-grabbing as this one) to break the elf's serenity, but the corners of his lips do trend downwards in a sort of paternal disapproval.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

She had it planned.
    A few long, calculated steps to close the gap between them, just enough that she could reach out and touch him, if, for some inexplicable reason, she had the urge. She'd lean over, cigar clamped between two crimson painted lips, and keep her bright green eyes locked with his.
    Somewhere, Rabbit had once read about never showing an animal fear or distrust, else it'd know it had found easy pickings - and she intends to give no such thoughts to the man before her.

Instead, the new woman to the crowd had made her way towards them, excused herself to Rabbit, and had laid a well-executed (if, perhaps, stupid) knee to her companion in violence's armored gut. The thawck reverberates throughout the tavern and Rabbit stands back, nodding her head appreciatively, her lips pressed together as she takes in the form of Sophia's attack and the obvious pain it brings to the man (and did Rabbit ever enjoy that).

"We shared a meal and company when I was new to here"

"Oh, I just bet you did, Bad Touch." Amusement seeps through her voice and though the smile on her lips seems genial, it's foolish to believe Rabbit was capable of anything other than vindictive glee at this particular moment in time.
    Somewhere off to the side, Morrison calls over again, and Rabbit shrugs. Taking her cigar from her mouth, she simply slides it across the table to the man.

"You look like you need this, darlin'. Now, you kids play nice while mommy and daddy have adult talk, okay?" And with a wink and a wave, Rabbit makes to leave Sophia and the man alone, working her way towards Morrison's table.
    The look she gives the large man is one that speaks of talks unfinished - she'll catch back up with him later.

— Iain S. Thomas