New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Except the 'person' at hand here is Academy City. A clone going crazy and breaking one of their projects is considered somewhat of a success.

Furthermore, not using cloning because of this one particular incident is like not using electricity because one time, it caused a fire that burned down a couple of guest rooms. Yes, that's literally what it's like for them.
    If I could please have an answer to what you want to do with Ina and Kasai, that would be delightful...

2. - Top - End - #392
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Errr...I did, didn't I? It was in a post awhile back.

And I don't really know-I moved the day forward, so I'll leave the rest to you.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Errr...I did, didn't I? It was in a post awhile back.

And I don't really know-I moved the day forward, so I'll leave the rest to you.
    You asked what they were doing, but that's all I've seen on that, unless you posted something IC...

4. - Top - End - #394
    Pixie in the Playground

I did post IC.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, IC post is up. I'd been sort of hoping to get Ina introduced IC to some of Kasai's contacts, but that would be happening yesterday anyway, so if we do that, there's no particular reason not to be running the stuff from the next morning at the same time...

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, three days without posts. Looks like it's time for the standard message:

If anyone wishes to post but is currently being prevented from doing so by something in the game, please speak up. Whether you're blocked by some IC obstacle, confused about some aspect of the plot, or simply having trouble finding a place for your characters, feel free to say so. Even if you're just waiting for another player to act, a simple reminder can often clear up misunderstandings. Sometimes players will unwittingly start waiting on each other, or just get distracted by other scenes. These and other problems are usually best solved as a group, rather than by hoping silently for the situation to change.

I'll start: I'm currently waiting on Terry and Animekid.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Ack, sorry. I had a lot of work in a short time and forgot.

Mostly, I am now just debating how to have Yua react to a room full of gruesome murder. My first thought would be being paralysed with fear, but that would obviously be kind of dangerous.

Thus, either Yua disappears almost entirely, which is safest but may be too out of character for Yua, or Yua becomes so present that everybody is forced to listen. That latter one might be a bit too suicidal, though, depending on what is going on. ^_^'

Any suggestions, Anyr?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Ack, sorry. I had a lot of work in a short time and forgot.

Mostly, I am now just debating how to have Yua react to a room full of gruesome murder. My first thought would be being paralysed with fear, but that would obviously be kind of dangerous.

Thus, either Yua disappears almost entirely, which is safest but may be too out of character for Yua, or Yua becomes so present that everybody is forced to listen. That latter one might be a bit too suicidal, though, depending on what is going on. ^_^'

Any suggestions, Anyr?
    There's no need to decide against an action just because it's dangerous IC. Remember, this isn't a game of D&D. Freeform PCs don't die unless their owners wish it. If your first thought was that Yua would freeze with fear, then by all means go with that. It's not as if she'd be attempting some massively implausible action that requires the story to bend over backwards in order to accommodate it; All she needs is a little good luck.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm waiting on Lord C, but I'm pretty sure they have IRL stuff going on.

Also, my main computer is down, so I'm posting from my netbook. Hopefully it'll be cleared up soon, but if not, sorry for any delays.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    There's no need to decide against an action just because it's dangerous IC. Remember, this isn't a game of D&D. Freeform PCs don't die unless their owners wish it. If your first thought was that Yua would freeze with fear, then by all means go with that. It's not as if she'd be attempting some massively implausible action that requires the story to bend over backwards in order to accommodate it; All she needs is a little good luck.
    Okies, just wanted to make sure it would not be too ridiculous to survive without doing anything to prevent being hit (other than being a walking failed-a-spot-check generator.)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #401
    171873124Giarc
    Guest in the Playground

There. First [IC] post complete.

Finally.
    Last edited by 171873124Giarc; 2012-11-17 at 08:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I've been thinking of having Krystal do something that will further expand on her backstory and characteristics and such.

The details of it all depend on the answer to the following question.

What month is it?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    So I've been thinking of having Krystal do something that will further expand on her backstory and characteristics and such.

The details of it all depend on the answer to the following question.

What month is it?
    AFAIK, it's never been directly stated. When the game started, it was supposedly set in the middle of winter. But over time the exact season began to matter less and less. We've gradually gone from students fighting through flurries of snow while wrapped in thick coats, to them enjoying long sunny days in summer uniforms. So, what month is it? Apparently it's whichever one you like.

By the way, apologies for my slow replies lately. Things are a little busy right now.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

AFAIK, it's never been directly stated. When the game started, it was supposedly set in the middle of winter. But over time the exact season began to matter less and less. We've gradually gone from students fighting through flurries of snow while wrapped in thick coats, to them enjoying long sunny days in summer uniforms. So, what month is it? Apparently it's whichever one you like.

By the way, apologies for my slow replies lately. Things are a little busy right now.
    Based on that, it could potentially be late winter/early spring with exceptionally fast changes. Those happen sometimes, particularly these days with global warming kicking in. ^_^

Alternatively, we could stick to midwinter and simply blame the sunny days on Esper powers or the Academy City AC being tested or making errors. In fact, that could even be a minor plot if anyone is interested?

Whichever possibility fits Krystal best is probably the funnest choice, though. No need to get all canon-blasting on someone's ideas.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    ...Whichever possibility fits Krystal best is probably the funnest choice, though. No need to get all canon-blasting on someone's ideas.
    Exactly. The time of year hasn't been relevant for ages, after all.

16. - Top - End - #406

Well, the thing I had in mind required it to be some time in September, October, or November. So, if nobody objects to that, I'm just gonna pick one and go with it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm cool with it.

18. - Top - End - #408

Hmm, three days without posts. Looks like it's time for the standard message:

If anyone wishes to post but is currently being prevented from doing so by something in the game, please speak up. Whether you're blocked by some IC obstacle, confused about some aspect of the plot, or simply having trouble finding a place for your characters, feel free to say so. Even if you're just waiting for another player to act, a simple reminder can often clear up misunderstandings. Sometimes players will unwittingly start waiting on each other, or just get distracted by other scenes. These and other problems are usually best solved as a group, rather than by hoping silently for the situation to change.

I'll start: I'm currently waiting on Terry and Animekid.
    I have like half a post written.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm waiting for Moroe and Shiki to reach a suitable point for Yori to step in and be a ****. Also, general workload issues.

My god, being a physics major is so much work. I hope it's worth it, writing a lab report every week and studying quantum mechanics is so draining I have no idea how I keep going.

Fortunately, as I have a break coming up very shortly, I should be able to post a bit more frequently for a little while, during which time I SHOULD be able to (finally) get my next suite of characters uploaded to the wiki for the next arc. I look forward to it, I have a few gems stashed away in the one part of my brain not overloaded with probability density equations.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Pixie in the Playground

Terry man, hurry up and post. You've said you were writing a post for like, the past week now, including yesterday, and you haven't even posted once.

STOP PLAYING BORDERLANDS 2 ALL DAY WHARERERERERGLGLGLL

21. - Top - End - #411
    171873124Giarc
    Guest in the Playground

What colors are taken (for in character posts)?

Borderlands 2? You poor, doomed soul.

22. - Top - End - #412

Quote Originally Posted by 171873124Giarc View Post
    What colors are taken (for in character posts)?

Borderlands 2? You poor, doomed soul.
    Pretty sure you're free to use whatever color you want. At least, I've never been informed of any color restrictions.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #413

Terry man, hurry up and post. You've said you were writing a post for like, the past week now, including yesterday, and you haven't even posted once.

STOP PLAYING BORDERLANDS 2 ALL DAY WHARERERERERGLGLGLL
    Wanna know what else I was doing?

• Senior Year Project
    • Project for Economics
    • Physics Homework
    • Trying To Spanish with only one year of study for Spanish 3
    • Making up a class I failed
    • College applications

I have been busy all of November. Fortunately, I am free now.

Post will be up soon.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

IC post updated. Once again, apologies for the delay.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

Ummm...Where has everybody gone? I know it's finals week for you Americans-Is that it?

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Ummm...Where has everybody gone? I know it's finals week for you Americans-Is that it?
    I've been wondering the same thing myself.

27. - Top - End - #417

My finals are in a week or two. I am just busy dying in projects

i'll post tomorrow though

28. - Top - End - #418

I couldn't find a spot for Shiho to do anything at the moment, so I'm waiting for a few more people to act before I make a post.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felyndiira View Post
    I couldn't find a spot for Shiho to do anything at the moment, so I'm waiting for a few more people to act before I make a post.
    Ditto for Kin. Hmm, I wonder if everyone in that scene is thinking the same thing...

30. - Top - End - #420

Ditto for Kin. Hmm, I wonder if everyone in that scene is thinking the same thing...
    Partiallly that, partially prep work for my brother's Eagle Ceremony next week.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS