New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

hey guys, this is an update to let you know that my posting will be spastic for a while. My laptops LCD broke and I currently have no way to fix it meaning that I will have to use computers college campus to post. I will post as much as I can.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Monticularis View Post
    Doh! I was a bit worried about this, I still haven't gone through all the characters and materials yet. His ability is a bit too similar to Keveak's character for my own tastes, so back to the drawing board.
    When browsing the roster, don't be intimidated by the number of abilities listed there. Only a small portion of those are ever in play at once. Since this a freeform game, players come and go all the time. So if you're on the verge of scrapping a potential ability just because someone else has already claimed it, then think again; It may turn out that the player who made that claim is long gone.

EDIT: If anyone has any suggestions for an esper power, let me know.
    Ok, this is off the top off my head: How about an ability which subtly alters other people's memories of the user? So, for example, he could make a complete stranger think that he's an acquaintance of theirs; Or walk into a new school and pass himself off as a 2-year student; Or change an ally into an enemy. Naturally, this would work best on 'retcons' that were plausible, consistent with existing memories, and unlikely to be examined closely. The more that a memory pushed its luck, the more likely it'd be to come undone.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    When browsing the roster, don't be intimidated by the number of abilities listed there. Only a small portion of those are ever in play at once. Since this a freeform game, players come and go all the time. So if you're on the verge of scrapping a potential ability just because someone else has already claimed it, then think again; It may turn out that the player who made that claim is long gone.
    Hmm, I did think of it that way. But I'm completely in 'think of new ability' mode right now, so I won't bother worrying about it.

I thought about your memory alteration suggestion and I decided to put my own twist on it. Then, somehow I ended up with "the ability to make mental copies of other people's personality." I'm not entirely sure what this entails yet, so I'll dwell on it out a bit more.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Heh, sorry for stealing your idea first, Monticularis! ^_^'

Hmm, mental copies of other people's personalities? Hmm, I may have some ideas, though those can be terrible:

a) An ability that makes Jun able to mimic the personal traits of a person for a short while, ranging from their body language to how easy they get angry. This would not be the most useful of abilities, unless a particular quality (Being calm in the face of danger, being intimidating, being seemingly drunk, &c.) would be useful in a situation.

b) Making phantoms of other people, either as automatons re-enacting a particular scene or mimicking how the person would act. Could be a nice way to record events or spy on people.

c) The ability to "steal" a particular moment or aspect from someone's brain. Might be a bit difficult to do in FreeForm, but could work as a thing that is attempted. Would essentially transfer memory or mental states to Jun. Could even be limited to just mental states, making Jun able to absorb someone's anger/sadness/happiness/&c.

Hope some of that inspires an idea better than mine, and welcome to RailgunITP!

PS: I apologise for being around so little that I seemed long gone. School is busy as usual and I am looking a lot forward to graduation and summer. Will try to post a bit soon and get over my simultaneous fears of jumping in and starting new scenes as well. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

So is anyone still here for this game?

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

I am. So long as there's even one other person who doesn't want this RP to die, I'll stick around. Speaking of which, would you care to post for Crocell? Kin's been falling from that tree for nearly a month now...

7. - Top - End - #487
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am. So long as there's even one other person who doesn't want this RP to die, I'll stick around. Speaking of which, would you care to post for Crocell? Kin's been falling from that tree for nearly a month now...
    And Krystal's been waiting to break her fall.

I'm still in. Not sure about anybody else, though.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    And Krystal's been waiting to break her fall.
    Indeed. A noble gesture which, unfortunately, will likely end badly. So unless Crocell wants both his new friends to get slammed against hard concrete, a timely rescue would be most advisable.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2013-04-29 at 05:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

I was actually in the middle of posting when the forums went down. So yes, still here.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    So is anyone still here for this game?
    I am! I must admit that I honestly forgot to post, for which I am deeply sorry. m(_ _)m

However, I would like to point out that it is quite difficult to know if one can enter a scene or if it is in a closed area. I can tell that the last few posts involve falling off a branch, but as the last location tag was over two pages ago, I have no idea if Katsu or Yua could pass by or if they are in a secret underground garden intended for the cultivation of Esper-suppresing plant spores. ^_^'

Admittedly, that last one probably is a bit off, but with all the conspiracies and secret organisations, I would not doubt it... X3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Katsu runs about over roofs and such, right? He could find Ryuu in her little garden-thing, if you like, as could Yua if you can justify her getting there...

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Crocell and the two Ks are currently outside one of Tokiwadai's dorms. And yes, it has indeed been quite a while since that fact was last mentioned.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Katsu runs about over roofs and such, right? He could find Ryuu in her little garden-thing, if you like, as could Yua if you can justify her getting there...
    Katsu runs in such places, indeed. As for Yua, it depends on what a little garden-thing is and where it is. Is it on a roof, a private garden inside a building or just a closed-off space visible from outside?

Crocell and the two Ks are currently outside one of Tokiwadai's dorms. And yes, it has indeed been quite a while since that fact was last mentioned.
    That certainly is somewhere any of my characters could be, will get on to rudely interrupting them soon! :3

In all seriousness, would a character frantically looking for help in dealing with a murder be fit for the situation, or would a less doom-and-oh-noes character work better?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    That certainly is somewhere any of my characters could be, will get on to rudely interrupting them soon! :3

In all seriousness, would a character frantically looking for help in dealing with a murder be fit for the situation, or would a less doom-and-oh-noes character work better?
    Actually, some serious drama might be welcome right now. The whole 'secret darkness' aspect of Academy City hasn't been getting much screentime lately. Bringing it into focus again would give the characters a chance to stretch their creative legs and explore new territory.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Katsu runs in such places, indeed. As for Yua, it depends on what a little garden-thing is and where it is. Is it on a roof, a private garden inside a building or just a closed-off space visible from outside?
    It's a little courtyard outside. Not particularly hard to get to, but hidden unless you stumble onto it through some alleyways or come from above.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Actually, some serious drama might be welcome right now. The whole 'secret darkness' aspect of Academy City hasn't been getting much screentime lately. Bringing it into focus again would give the characters a chance to stretch their creative legs and explore new territory.
    Yua it is, then. Hopefully, the secret darkness will be illuminated without needing another bloodbath. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    It's a little courtyard outside. Not particularly hard to get to, but hidden unless you stumble onto it through some alleyways or come from above.
    And it seems Katsu has come from above, I feel kind of bad for sending Ryuu against that. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Pixie in the Playground

Whoah, sorry, I've been rather busy and the lack of activity in this thread made me stop checking for a few days. Glad it's not dead. I still am rather busy, but I'll make the time for post as regularly as I can.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Deepest apologies for the long gap between my recent posts. Barring unexpected circumstances, my speed should be back to normal from now on.

19. - Top - End - #499
    RoboVolcano4
    Guest in the Playground

Uh, I'm new here, and I was wondering if this thread was still alive because I wanted to join in. If it is, can I join?

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

While I don't think any of us would object as such to doing more with this... It's been two years since the last post in this thread, so.

21. - Top - End - #501
    RoboVolcano4
    Guest in the Playground

That wasn't a technical no, yes! Which now brings me to this point; I don't know exactly how to chose an esper power for a character that is brewing in my mind. Some help would be appreciated.