Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 498
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    I don't mean to double-post, but where is everyone?
    I've been wondering the same thing.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    I was helping the folks with preparations for Independence Day. I'm going to post soon.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    I'm still trying to figure out what the frak is going on. XD
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what the frak is going on. XD
    Are there any areas in particular which are causing you confusion? While we can't really do justice to the question 'What the frak is going on?!', we can certainly try to answer some more specific ones, if you have any.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    I have been in Paris since Sunday, so I have not been too keen on joining in on any scenes lately. My apologies for that. ^_^'

    When I return, I shall try to do something, if I can find somewhere to throw a character without disrupting anyone.

    I have also been celebrating the eighteenth anniversary of my hatching, which means I am now an adult by the law of Denmark (which has surprisingly little rotten stuff in it). I shall try to do something extra silly to make up for that. ^_^
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    4chan, to deter pursuers
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Currently; I'm waiting on Terry. I'm also getting together a new character or two for when the current arc concludes.
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    TERRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    Hurry up and post, man! You're holding Moroe and GEAR up!

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    TERRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    Hurry up and post, man! You're holding Moroe and GEAR up!
    I hate to say it, but we're on the verge of needing to just go ahead regardless. It's been a week since Terry has even posted OOC, and 12 days since he posted IC. This also isn't a case of simply needing one post from him; We need him to stay around consistently. Add to that the fact that Duos has only one character (thus meaning that he can't even occupy himself with side stories while he waits), and it's simply not fair to keep things frozen like this.

    It's worth noting that I'm firmly opposed to blaming Terry for having different priorities. Obviously we have no right to claim that he's wrong for putting other concerns ahead of his role in a forum RP. Nevertheless, facts are facts. If he's unable/unwilling to keep the plot moving at a speed which the majority finds acceptable, then we need to consider moving on without him.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Double post.

    So, any opinions on the Terry issue? Should we go ahead without him, or continue to wait?

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lost in ActionScript.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    I hate to say it, but we're on the verge of needing to just go ahead regardless. It's been a week since Terry has even posted OOC, and 12 days since he posted IC. This also isn't a case of simply needing one post from him; We need him to stay around consistently. Add to that the fact that Duos has only one character (thus meaning that he can't even occupy himself with side stories while he waits), and it's simply not fair to keep things frozen like this.

    It's worth noting that I'm firmly opposed to blaming Terry for having different priorities. Obviously we have no right to claim that he's wrong for putting other concerns ahead of his role in a forum RP. Nevertheless, facts are facts. If he's unable/unwilling to keep the plot moving at a speed which the majority finds acceptable, then we need to consider moving on without him.
    I do agree with you on this. And I agree with not blaming him. Just an unfortunate set of circumstances. Nothing personal against him.
    University of Michigan Helmet design done by myself.
    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was like The Lord of the Rings and All My Children had a baby with Macho Man Randy Savage and a Whac-A-Mole machine. - Bob the Skull

    This is less like tingling, and more like horrible pain! - Ironman

    Punch first, ask questions while punching. - Vi

    My DeviantArt
    CHARACTERS
    My Fire Red Nuzlocke comic.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Mmm. I'll try to contact him on Skype, though-Terry's a good player and a pretty integral part of the story, and it'd be a shame to have to work around him or have him gone.

    Also, just thought I'd let you know-I'm heading off to Australia tomorrow for a week. I'll still be able to post and stuff, I just won't be as active.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Cao-Cao View Post
    Mmm. I'll try to contact him on Skype, though-Terry's a good player and a pretty integral part of the story, and it'd be a shame to have to work around him or have him gone.
    Agreed; That's why I waited such a long time before even suggesting it here. Terry's brought a metric ton of great material to the RP, as well as being a lot of fun to play with. He has this talent for coming up with a seemingly endless stream of ludicrous ideas; Some of them good, some bad, some terrible, and some which are absolutely fantastic. Hajime in particular ranks as one of my personal favourites: "Here's a clone. He loves you unconditionally. Good luck with that." I'm really looking forward to seeing his relationship with Moroe develop, especially now that she's in a position to understand him so much better.

    So yes, working around Terry isn't a thought I relish either. But given the choice between losing his input in the current plot, and losing the plot itself, I'd choose the former. And remember, it's not as if this would be some sort of 'lockout'. The second that Terry felt ready to return, he'd be able to walk straight back in and take the helm again.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-09 at 10:05 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    4chan, to deter pursuers
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Alrighty, I'm gonna skip Terry's input on this. I'm just working off of the assumption that Terry made the most likely choice and go from there. (trajik bakstoree, buu huu.)

    Also, this just in: Yori is a Horrible Person™; a revelation that really shouldn't shock anybody if you've been paying attention.
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Hey guys how is it going I have returned.

    I was on vacation with no internet for the past 9 days! It was hype.

    ALLOW ME TO CATCH UP WITH MAGICAL READING, I SHALL POST BY TOMORROW
    (I have to Volunteer at a Library from 2-6 and write an essay till 1, and I'm really tired)

    Also:

    @Duos - This is like the third time I've left you in the lurch. I've been meaning to backlog several posts for Shiki; general responses and such. You did pick the thing Shiki would do though, based on the little characterization she's been giving - she would definitely help him, just for the chance to see her 'oniichan' and 'neesan' again.

    @Anyr - Hajime is my favorite character because he's such a MASSIVE representation of all that Moroe doesn't want to be, and can't really avoid. He's a clone. He's deep in the darker side of the City. He refuses to acknowledge that Moroe could do wrong, even when she accidentally forces him into terrible situations. His character development is emotion, and yet he remains incapable of existing without her.

    I love Hajime and Moroe's interactions because neither of them have any idea what they are doing.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-07-10 at 11:01 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Terry! Great to have you back, man.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    God I missed writing Hajime. He's such a great catalyst for pretty much anything.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Hey guys, is it okay if I make a bit of trouble for Ryuji to run into? He seems a little left out.

    I was think of having them run into a Sukeban. I don't want to insult your intelligence by assuming you don't know what they are, however if you don't look for a cracked.com article about 5 most bizarre gangs via google. Those girls are d*mn vicious, what do you guys think will happen if esper powers were thrown into that mix.

    In fact you guys can even control a few. What do you say?

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Hey guys, is it okay if I make a bit of trouble for Ryuji to run into? He seems a little left out.

    I was think of having them run into a Sukeban. I don't want to insult your intelligence by assuming you don't know what they are, however if you don't look for a cracked.com article about 5 most bizarre gangs via google. Those girls are d*mn vicious, what do you guys think will happen if esper powers were thrown into that mix.

    In fact you guys can even control a few. What do you say?
    No objections here. Given all the other dangers of Academy City that we've seen so far, a sadistic gang sounds positively tame.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KoboldofDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Hi.
    This..............looks........................... .....really......................awesome.
    It's almost strange that a small little semi-action comedy like the Toaru series can spawn a cult following in the forums forum of a DaD stick figure webcomic's website. As this looks more stable and plotish then the the other options what would a man do if a man would be joining (as in is ther a Character format, a list of taken powers, and so on)?

    Also, while I am reading the archives (that I can find) would anyone be able to give me a summary.





    This looks more like Index than Railgun, as Index had a little more action and was shonene, while Railgun, from what I've read of it (havn't for a while), isn't. But, still, this is awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

    And so do I.

    Darwin discovered a little thing called evolution. What he didn't ever really say, what he was to polite to say, is the reason why we humans survived. That reason, is because we are the most censored crazy censoreds on the planet. That is all.

    It's not cartoons, it's anime.
    It's not comics, it's manga.
    It's not a board game, it's Dungeons and Dragons.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldofDoom View Post
    Hi.
    This..............looks........................... .....really......................awesome.
    It's almost strange that a small little semi-action comedy like the Toaru series can spawn a cult following in the forums forum of a DaD stick figure webcomic's website. As this looks more stable and plotish then the the other options what would a man do if a man would be joining (as in is ther a Character format, a list of taken powers, and so on)?
    Greetings and welcome. There are indeed a ton of example character sheets, as well as a list of taken powers: Both can be found in our wiki. However, the power list is somewhat out of date, so it might be wise to post potential choices here anyway, even if they don't appear on it.

    Also, while I am reading the archives (that I can find) would anyone be able to give me a summary.
    I'm really not good at plot summaries, so I'll have to pass on this one. It should be noted that it's not at all necessary to read through the archives or study the whole plot before entering the game; After all, it's not as if your character is likely to know much of it in the beginning either.

    This looks more like Index than Railgun, as Index had a little more action and was shonene, while Railgun, from what I've read of it (havn't for a while), isn't. But, still, this is awesome.
    The RP is named after Railgun because it's entirely focused on the science side. Though the magic side still exists in this miniverse, it doesn't get any actual screen time in the game itself.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KoboldofDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Thanks for the help.

    I want to make a unigque character, and while I have ideas, I'm wondering what would fit in. And yes, power ideas would be helpful.
    Last edited by KoboldofDoom; 2012-07-15 at 07:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    And so do I.

    Darwin discovered a little thing called evolution. What he didn't ever really say, what he was to polite to say, is the reason why we humans survived. That reason, is because we are the most censored crazy censoreds on the planet. That is all.

    It's not cartoons, it's anime.
    It's not comics, it's manga.
    It's not a board game, it's Dungeons and Dragons.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldofDoom View Post
    Thanks for the help.
    Any time. It's always nice to see a new (metaphorical) face in the neighbourhood.

    I want to make a unigque character, and while I have ideas, I'm wondering what would fit in. And yes, power ideas would be helpful.
    Actually, I meant that you might want to post your power ideas here first, in case they've already been taken. Otherwise you might end up writing a complete listing for them, only to be told that someone else has beaten you to it.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-15 at 07:58 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KoboldofDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Idea List

    Canadian half-brothers

    Inspired partially by Izaya Orihara and Shizuo Heiwajima (the information dealer and the butler/Hulk who hates violence who always fighting, from the show Durarara)

    18 and 16

    one Canadian/British, the other Canadian/Chinese
    Spoiler
    Show

    And so do I.

    Darwin discovered a little thing called evolution. What he didn't ever really say, what he was to polite to say, is the reason why we humans survived. That reason, is because we are the most censored crazy censoreds on the planet. That is all.

    It's not cartoons, it's anime.
    It's not comics, it's manga.
    It's not a board game, it's Dungeons and Dragons.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Hate to break it to you, bro, but Terry has kind of already done that.

    Right down to Hajimes' new name being 'Shizuo'.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KoboldofDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    How abnout just Iyaza? Or maybe a Claire Stanfield/Felix Walken ripoff? (nevermind to violent) As However, if the other ideas wouldn't work (originality is for suckers or authors) how about this. A very unlucky person.
    Last edited by KoboldofDoom; 2012-07-15 at 09:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    And so do I.

    Darwin discovered a little thing called evolution. What he didn't ever really say, what he was to polite to say, is the reason why we humans survived. That reason, is because we are the most censored crazy censoreds on the planet. That is all.

    It's not cartoons, it's anime.
    It's not comics, it's manga.
    It's not a board game, it's Dungeons and Dragons.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Quote Originally Posted by KoboldofDoom View Post
    ...Or maybe a Claire Stanfield/Felix Walken ripoff? (nevermind to violent)...
    Sadistic violence is by no means a deal breaker in this RP. While a character who murders openly, indiscriminately and/or carelessly would be problematic, those who show a bit of caution can usually carve out a niche for themselves.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KoboldofDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Um lets see, literaly bathes in his enemies blood...........yeah, I think that would be a no. I'm thinking of someone with a power to, I don't know, be really unlucky? Something like that.

    Details.

    An average student with good, but still average grades, a nice, but average family (not living in Japan) and decent, but still average looks. When tested, he came out as a level zero, and was content to remain so. However, with the current chaos, he's getting annoyed.

    His power would most likely be entropic chaos theory manipulation, or subconcious probability entropification, or something like that. So say, whats-his-name uses railgun, but at the same time Nameless Character Idea moves to the left, and almost trips, thus creating the appearence of dodging, without actually having any clue what just happened?

    Anything else i should add (I'm thinking up the basics right know) or should I do something different or...............yeah.
    Last edited by KoboldofDoom; 2012-07-15 at 10:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    And so do I.

    Darwin discovered a little thing called evolution. What he didn't ever really say, what he was to polite to say, is the reason why we humans survived. That reason, is because we are the most censored crazy censoreds on the planet. That is all.

    It's not cartoons, it's anime.
    It's not comics, it's manga.
    It's not a board game, it's Dungeons and Dragons.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    Probability control? Hmm, tricky. That sort of power is hard to judge in terms of balance. Still, there's no reason why it couldn't work, so long as it had some well-defined limits.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    KoboldofDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    This is an idea for another power, which, depending on which power is preffered, I may use.
    [SPOILER]Spontaneous matter dislocation controlled/empored by a maximized emotional state.

    In simple english, the ability to move stuff from on place to another. Without control, it would look like, say; "I'm angry" screamed the person, punching out in rage. His fist dislocates the air in front of it, pushing it forwards in a blast. My idea (sciencewise) is that his Esper power allows him to dislocated matter (solid, liquid, gas or plasma, it doesn't matter that much) to a diifferent are, so if he uses it on a treee then the wood is pushed outward in the form of splinters. Interference from the human brain prevents it from being used on his foes directly, but he could still hit them with displaced air, or water, or what have you. Plotwise, he has to learn exactly what his power is, and then how to control his emotions so he can learn how touse it without being depressede, or in a berserk rage. Eventually he would be able to, say, displace would from a tree to make a wooden hammer, and the like. If he learns the intricies of, say, a gun, then by having the materials for a gun, he gan make one. This requires the materials for a gun, he can't just blow up a sidewalk and suddenly have a bazooka, he has too be in a bazooka factory and have studied the design of a bazooka for it to work.

    Is this okay? Too powerful? Not enough detail?
    Last edited by KoboldofDoom; 2012-07-16 at 12:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    And so do I.

    Darwin discovered a little thing called evolution. What he didn't ever really say, what he was to polite to say, is the reason why we humans survived. That reason, is because we are the most censored crazy censoreds on the planet. That is all.

    It's not cartoons, it's anime.
    It's not comics, it's manga.
    It's not a board game, it's Dungeons and Dragons.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

    That sounds like a perfectly reasonable power; It's clean, simple, flexible and has plenty of potential for growth. I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one don't see any problems with the idea.

    Also, when writing up the power, there's no actual need to fill in every single level of its progression; A description of what it can do now, along with a few details on how it will develop (assuming it does), are all that's necessary. Some people enjoy making very detailed write-ups, with a full progression from 1 to 5, but that's purely a matter of taste.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-07-16 at 12:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •