New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

There is never a 'right' solution to RP; I was just surprised that you angled for one of the more straightforward ones.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    There is never a 'right' solution to RP;
    Agreed wholeheartedly.

I was just surprised that you angled for one of the more straightforward ones.
    Ah, that's just Moroe's personal viewpoint. As a skilled gun user who's seen plenty of fancy tricks and arrogant Espers fall to simple bullets, she tends to put 'shoot it in the right place until it falls down' high on her list of tactics.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone know what day it is IC?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

Thursday night...I ... I think...

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

So, shall we start a new day? It looks like thursday's business is just about finished now; Aside from the whole Shiki rescue plot, of course, but there's no way we can wait around for that to finish first. It'll just have to stay in its own little 'thursday bubble' while time advances around it.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good to me. The stuff with Ina and Ryuu probably still needs a couple of more posts, but it should be wrapped up quite soon despite that, so there's no reason I can see to hold off on starting the new day until it is.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-07-28 at 05:55 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sure, sorry about not posting all day but I just woke up.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alternatively, I can start up a sideplot involving about half the cast, considering I foreshadowed it a while back.

Who wants to deal with one Doctor Adachi Souji, who finally gets his chance back in the limelight?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I wouldn't mind.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

>_>
    <_<

Uhm, sorry for being very absent lately. I was away for a Game Development Camp last week and was a bit reluctant to start any scenes before that. ^_^'

Anywhere I can jump in? Is it Friday?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    >_>
    <_<

Uhm, sorry for being very absent lately. I was away for a Game Development Camp last week and was a bit reluctant to start any scenes before that. ^_^'

Anywhere I can jump in? Is it Friday?
    It can be friday, if you so desire. Some characters are still finishing their thursday scenes, but you're completely welcome to advance your characters to the next day 'ahead' of them.

12. - Top - End - #192

Images on the wiki are all broken. Anybody know how to fix it?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Images on the wiki are all broken. Anybody know how to fix it?
    They look fine to me. Is anyone else having this problem?

14. - Top - End - #194

Nope, wait; I had a plugin turned on. Silly me.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, we seem to have hit a slow patch. Better roll out the old standard notice again: *Ahem* Should anyone find themselves wishing to post, but unable to do so because of some aspect of the game (IC conflict, inactive partners, etc), please say so. These problems are more likely to be solved if the other players are aware of them. I've said this next bit before, but it bears repeating: Anyone who wishes to start RPing in the new day is more than welcome to do so. There's no need to wait for all the little subplots to wrap up, or for someone else to go into friday first.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been waiting for Lord Cao-Cao to post for Ina.

(Which is also why I haven't done anything on Friday with Johnathan or Alia, since Alia at least is going to be involved in that plot.)

17. - Top - End - #197

With any luck, after the current arc is resolved, things will be able to move faster, since I have three characters lined up for afterwards and that should help with anybody left hanging while other people are gone.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've just had writer's block as of late for Hajime. Sorry guys.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I've just had writer's block as of late for Hajime. Sorry guys.
    Yes, that's been a pity. Maybe the downtime following this arc will help revitalise you. We could settle down and have some good old fashioned character development for Hajime and Moroe (who definitely have a lot to talk about). Plus, there's the return of Shougo, and with him a love (?) triangle that's bizarre even by Academy City standards...

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord C:

I'm fine with assuming that Ina and Kasai headed to Ryuu's place, but she uses her apartment as a place to put up some of her larger scale ideas for paintings, namely ones that take up entire rooms, so possibly having it be a bit earlier, since Ina would probably have had some sort of reaction to it, would work better.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-09 at 03:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

Since Kin seems to be gradually transforming from minor tagalong to full-fledged character, I've posted a skeleton character sheet for her. This is mostly there to make sure that everyone's okay with her Esper ability, traits, etc. If there's anything about her that bothers anyone, then by all means say so.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-08-09 at 03:03 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, Keveak, you gonna write anything about Katsus' interaction with Shougo, or...?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC Thread III: Electromagnetic Hyper-cannon Go!

Sorry, I missed the post. Will rectify that immediately! ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Since Kin seems to be gradually transforming from minor tagalong to full-fledged character, I've posted a skeleton character sheet for her. This is mostly there to make sure that everyone's okay with her Esper ability, traits, etc. If there's anything about her that bothers anyone, then by all means say so.
    Looks good to me.

Also, speaking of Esper abilities, I'm trying to come up with ways for Ryuu's power to not just be Tobio's used in the opposite manner; does anyone have any ideas?

25. - Top - End - #205

So, to get a head start on the next arc that I (hopefully) will be able to plot out and run (because I don't want to drop off the face of the earth after Yori dies), and also to just get some characterization down on the next suite of characters I'm going to to be introducing, I'd like to run some character skeletons by you guys.

Enoki Nori and Enoki Nori
    Spoiler
    Show
    A pair of fifteen year old twins who have parents with a very cringe-worthy sense of humor, as their names might tell you.

The elder Nori (as she likes to remind her more rambunctious brother whenever he starts to get uppity) is a studious, contemplative girl with a keen interest in middle eastern studies and a mid-grade ESPer power that lets her manipulate woven organic material, which she usually uses to pretend she has a flying carpet ("Just like a sultan, wa~!" as she would say) and to muffle her brother's relentless but good-natured teasing.

The younger Nori (which he is always disappointed about, because he doesn't like having to listen to his elder sister) is a perennial slacker who spends most of his classtime drawing robots in his notebook and has a big interest in baseball. He has a low-grade ESPer power that lets him manipulate nearby magnetic materials, which helps him at his part-time job at a nearby hardware store-his boss usually dumps the task of sorting nuts, bolts, and screws on him.

Ito Tadao
    Spoiler
    Show
    A middle-aged, slightly overweight man who works as an accountant. He's a dour, snarky person at work due to needing to deal with both a gaggle of mischievous employees and boss that's nearly constantly on vacation. However, his friends will tell you that he's really a big softy on the inside, and his infectious laugh and near-legendary alcohol tolerance have kicked off (And ended, in some cases) many a weekend barhopping party with the few coworkers he trusts and the large group of friends that always seem to materialize whenever he goes out. he's not an ESPer, but often works with JUDGEMENT and/or ANTISKILL because the City regularly hires his firm to help with the paperwork and budget problems that such agencies seem to develop.

Silas Kingswood
    Spoiler
    Show
    A monster in every sense of the word, Silas was born years ago in Australia, where his natural psychic abilities (and mental instabilities) became apparent at the tender age of eight, when he used them to slaughter a stadium full of people at a sporting event. The Australian Government asked the City to help, since they were (and still are) the foremost experts on ESPers, and he was eventually subdued and transported to the City for study, where he has remained for over a decade. His powers grant him absolute control over microorganisms, allowing him to manipulate diseases to often horrific and always lethal effect.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, after the System Scan, I can drop another plot arc in. Although I need to get Atrum to help; yeah, sorry about his lack of posts, he's been rather busy as of late.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

So, to get a head start on the next arc that I (hopefully) will be able to plot out and run (because I don't want to drop off the face of the earth after Yori dies), and also to just get some characterization down on the next suite of characters I'm going to to be introducing, I'd like to run some character skeletons by you guys.

Enoki Nori and Enoki Nori
    Spoiler
    Show
    A pair of fifteen year old twins who have parents with a very cringe-worthy sense of humor, as their names might tell you.

The elder Nori (as she likes to remind her more rambunctious brother whenever he starts to get uppity) is a studious, contemplative girl with a keen interest in middle eastern studies and a mid-grade ESPer power that lets her manipulate woven organic material, which she usually uses to pretend she has a flying carpet ("Just like a sultan, wa~!" as she would say) and to muffle her brother's relentless but good-natured teasing.

The younger Nori (which he is always disappointed about, because he doesn't like having to listen to his elder sister) is a perennial slacker who spends most of his classtime drawing robots in his notebook and has a big interest in baseball. He has a low-grade ESPer power that lets him manipulate nearby magnetic materials, which helps him at his part-time job at a nearby hardware store-his boss usually dumps the task of sorting nuts, bolts, and screws on him.

Ito Tadao
    Spoiler
    Show
    A middle-aged, slightly overweight man who works as an accountant. He's a dour, snarky person at work due to needing to deal with both a gaggle of mischievous employees and boss that's nearly constantly on vacation. However, his friends will tell you that he's really a big softy on the inside, and his infectious laugh and near-legendary alcohol tolerance have kicked off (And ended, in some cases) many a weekend barhopping party with the few coworkers he trusts and the large group of friends that always seem to materialize whenever he goes out. he's not an ESPer, but often works with JUDGEMENT and/or ANTISKILL because the City regularly hires his firm to help with the paperwork and budget problems that such agencies seem to develop.

Silas Kingswood
    Spoiler
    Show
    A monster in every sense of the word, Silas was born years ago in Australia, where his natural psychic abilities (and mental instabilities) became apparent at the tender age of eight, when he used them to slaughter a stadium full of people at a sporting event. The Australian Government asked the City to help, since they were (and still are) the foremost experts on ESPers, and he was eventually subdued and transported to the City for study, where he has remained for over a decade. His powers grant him absolute control over microorganisms, allowing him to manipulate diseases to often horrific and always lethal effect.
    These look fine to me so far; Well, so long as Silas is an antagonist and not (for example) the Onizuka janitor...

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    These look fine to me so far; Well, so long as Silas is an antagonist and not (for example) the Onizuka janitor...
    But it's his dream to run an ice cream stand!
    Kidding, of course; he is indeed designed to be the next arc's antagonist.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

........Where did everybody go?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Still here, just had a spot of trouble with my PC. Got hit by that new Revaton ransomware. My friend managed to remove it for me though. I'm gonna post today.