New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Goblins IX: For that, you shall DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Actually he died after biting into Mr. Fingers, and then going underwater where we couldn't see exactly what was happening, but his last words clarified that he had "done the eating". (Exactly how much he ate is unclear, but obviously it was enough to incapacitate the creature, as well as completely destroying himself.)
    Taking the bite simply sped matters up. The original touch was enough to doom K'sellis eventually. But even the bite only quickened things by a matter of minutes. Grem could simply throw the finger at Biscuit and kill him with a glancing blow that Biscuit wouldn't even feel as long as it hits skin. But I have a feeling he's not going to take a chance at missing so will try to apply the touch himself.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    Taking the bite simply sped matters up. The original touch was enough to doom K'sellis eventually.
    One touch is not enough to kill someone. You need three failed Fortitude saving throws to perish, according to the stat block. Only the immediate area is turned to goo at first. His arms fell off, but it didn't just keep going to the entire rest of his body. It's pretty defined as to where the initial touch's influence stopped, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Actually he died after biting into Mr. Fingers, and then going underwater where we couldn't see exactly what was happening, but his last words clarified that he had "done the eating". (Exactly how much he ate is unclear, but obviously it was enough to incapacitate the creature, as well as completely destroying himself.)
    He severs Mr. Fingers' neck in the second-to-last panel. That's what killed it. Fingers was dead before he hit the water, presumably.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-09-04 at 11:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Still, a touch from that finger will probably severely weakin him if it doesn't land somewhere fatal like the face or neck.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Still, a touch from that finger will probably severely weakin him if it doesn't land somewhere fatal like the face or neck.
    Considering touching it with his hand was enough to make K'Sellis lose an entire arm... Yeah, that's pretty much guaranteed. From what we've seen, losing a limb is about the LEAST horrible thing that can happen when you get touched (barring saves of course).

Head and torso would both be fatal. Maybe not instantly, but quick enough.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still hoping that he shrugs off the saving throw. Just for the look on Grem's face that would happen as a result.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

Haven't seen these linked here: The first and second pages colored by Thunt's new colorist.

I... I love, love, love what he did with the fifth panel on the second page. That looks amazing.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Haven't seen these linked here: The first and second pages colored by Thunt's new colorist.

I... I love, love, love what he did with the fifth panel on the second page. That looks amazing.

Woah. My one complaint is it makes the bland ground stand out all the more. Which is hardly the colorist's fault.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-09-05 at 07:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow. He even makes the transparencies look great.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

Wow... Those really are amazing.

Gotta agree on the backgrounds standing out more... A few tufts of grass... A bit of smoke or a cloud in the sky... A patch of rockier ground... A few little details here and there would go a long way towards getting rid of some of that contrast.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    I'm still hoping that he shrugs off the saving throw. Just for the look on Grem's face that would happen as a result.
    I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing the thing bounce off raw flesh without doing anything, EVERY example of direct skin-on-skin contact with Mr. fingers in the comic has resulted in the decay, the stats do not matter in the comic.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... Pretty safe bet that that finger is going to do something. Otherwise there would be no reason to introduce it. No reason to build up to it by revealing it in the last panel.

Might not kill Biscuit (Grem throwing it and missing seems more likely to me than him shrugging it off), but that thing is a death sentence for someone.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Firbolg in the Playground

Grem throws it, Biscuit hits it with the axe, finger flies over the cliff and hits saves or dove.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Grem throws it, Biscuit hits it with the axe, finger flies over the cliff and hits saves and dove.
    Fixed it for ya. =P I don't mind either and don't really care who wins. Just thought this was funnier.

If he's gonna hit it with his axe, I'm gonna say he's chopping it in half. Both halves fly down and each piece hits one of the two.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post

The new colorist is doing some real good work. I noticed the colorist mentioned some technical problems with the Goblins site. Well, I just visitied and got a security warning from my AV, so be carefull.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, I just got a warning when I tried to visit the site as well.
    Avatar by Tom Siddell, author and artist of Gunnerkrigg Court.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Yeah, I just got a warning when I tried to visit the site as well.
    So it's not just me. Glad to know.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Tarol Hunt ‏@Thunt_Goblins
    At this point, the phrase "career ending" is bouncing around my head. Stay away from my site. Again. ****.
    What's up with the site?

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    What's up with the site?
    Site infection is not a new thing with Goblins unfortunately. I guess, that the hosting server has more holes then a swiss cheese.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing the thing bounce off raw flesh without doing anything, EVERY example of direct skin-on-skin contact with Mr. fingers in the comic has resulted in the decay, the stats do not matter in the comic.
    The stats do matter. The saving throw is not to avoid corruption, it's to avoid instant death. Only losing the limb is what you get from a successful save.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoriceisgood View Post
    What's up with the site?
    This is that same attack from last week, the person responsible has apparently not been brought to justice yet. Blind Ferret can't really fix things if the damage is still coming in.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

20. - Top - End - #680
    Firbolg in the Playground

What will happen next:
    The brawl between Biscuit and Grem will make them fall down the cliff. While Grem tries to get back up after the fall, he will helplessly watch Duv slaughter Fox; shouting the mandatory and useless "noooo!" that they have to shout in such circumstances. This will attract Duv's attention. Biscuit then takes advantage of Grem's distraction to cleave him in two. It's Duv's turn to shout no, and she attacks relentlessly. As she gets the upper hand and finishes Biscuit, she gets impaled by Kills Horribly, who had dispatched everybody above and decided to jump down where there were more enemies to slay. Then we see that the Finger finger fell down on his head, meaning that consciousness cannot be restored to Dies Horribly. The brains are now firmly in the arm. The headless goblin then wanders away, looking for more things to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    This is that same attack from last week, the person responsible has apparently not been brought to justice yet. Blind Ferret can't really fix things if the damage is still coming in.
    Nah. It's not so much that the damage is still coming in; it's that they want to avoid a repeat experience. See explanations here.
    Last edited by Gez; 2012-09-06 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    The stats do matter. The saving throw is not to avoid corruption, it's to avoid instant death. Only losing the limb is what you get from a successful save.
    The stat block says "Anyone touched by the horror (insert fort save DCs here) risks contracting a form of accelrated decay that turns the immediate area of the body into a semi-liquid state." The fortitude saves seem to be to prevent the 'limb loss' thing. And why would it use the word 'risk' if it was guaranteed?
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-09-07 at 01:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Gez, I like that, and if you use the orb to restore the wing you can even annihilate the arm since they'll be opposites.

Jokes apart, it's more or less obvious the arm will have a role in finishing a fully winged Duv, and that the white terror will be fought be Minmax. So both Dies and Duv will survive this arc.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

23. - Top - End - #683

ClericGirl

I dont like the new coloring so far. The contrast between light and shadow is too great so it becomes both distracting and obscures the details and makes it all murky (eg p2 panel 4). Fortunately thats easily fixed by cutting the light/dark contrast by about 2/3. Subtlety, not this current sledgehammer method he's usinig.

Less easy to fix since its an artistic thing, the colourist seems to have a fixation on dramatic shadows everywhere. Sometimes less is more. Biscuits right pec (p1, panel 9) does NOT need an intrusively large, intrusively dark shadow forinstance.

So right now its too busy and too dark. Somewhat fewer shadows and, much more importantly, a lighter shade of shadowing (except of course where the shadows themselves are a significant part of the composition rather than just decoration) and it will be fine.
    \'Twas brillig, and the slithey toves....

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #685
    Banned

The pessimist in me is now wondering how long it'll take for that one to get hacked.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VariaVespasa View Post
    I dont like the new coloring so far. The contrast between light and shadow is too great so it becomes both distracting and obscures the details and makes it all murky (eg p2 panel 4). Fortunately thats easily fixed by cutting the light/dark contrast by about 2/3. Subtlety, not this current sledgehammer method he's usinig.

Less easy to fix since its an artistic thing, the colourist seems to have a fixation on dramatic shadows everywhere. Sometimes less is more. Biscuits right pec (p1, panel 9) does NOT need an intrusively large, intrusively dark shadow forinstance.

So right now its too busy and too dark. Somewhat fewer shadows and, much more importantly, a lighter shade of shadowing (except of course where the shadows themselves are a significant part of the composition rather than just decoration) and it will be fine.
    I think a lot of the shadowing is because they're in an area that's on fire. I guess we'll see if it's a setting thing or an art style thing the next time the comic switches fights.

27. - Top - End - #687

ClericGirl

It may be, but my big issue is how much darker the shadowing is, and its not justified/necessary and detracts from the first impression.
    \'Twas brillig, and the slithey toves....

28. - Top - End - #688
    Bugbear in the Playground

New comic is up at the temporary site.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow. That Viper warrior may have been a HUGE jerk, but no one deserves a death that horrific.

Also, in the last panel, is the bat-eared goblin...dead?

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    New comic is up at the temporary site.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow. That Viper warrior may have been a HUGE jerk, but no one deserves a death that horrific.

Also, in the last panel, is the bat-eared goblin...dead?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I figure the Viper'd have been nearly instantly dead with the first SH-CHING, being skewered through the heart and head. It may look bad, but not that distressful.

Norman just looks terrified to me, but still alive.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Hmm... Die's hand seems to be getting more material. Maybe it's positive is goblin blood in general, as other people have speculated?