New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins IX: For that, you shall DIE!

Maybe he's going to dive off the cliff. Check. With his HP restored, he could take it. Find the blood orb. Get his leg back. Kill the BBEG.Check. Save the girl. Soon to be check I'm a firm believer biscuit can still have it all.
    OH YEAH!!! I think I may have called it.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that falling damage is a 2-way street. You fall, you take damage. Something falls on you, you take damage. You fall on someone, you both take damage.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

By strict RAW, this is true...and weirdly, they use different falling damage rules; the faller caps at 20d6 dependent on distance fell, while the fallee is uncapped and dependent on the weight of the faller. That wouldn't matter here even if D&D rules were being used, but it's an interesting oddity.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I just came up with an interesting theory. What if Duv is not the White Terror, but rather Grem is? While Grem and Duv had different interests, I could see Duv's death turning Grem into a fanatic, where he takes up her cause in honor of her.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Grem was at -7 with the axe hit. Someone would have to get to him REALLY fast to save him.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ping Pong Along View Post
    I just came up with an interesting theory. What if Duv is not the White Terror, but rather Grem is? While Grem and Duv had different interests, I could see Duv's death turning Grem into a fanatic, where he takes up her cause in honor of her.
    He would have to grow wings first. Thats a part of the prophecy. Someone quick! Go grab Grem a Red Bull!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cen View Post
    I don't think there is any specific rule for it, it looks like it's more 'Orcs fall, everybody dies'
    Well "orcs" IS an anagram of "rocs", after all. The k is silent, of course... :P
    \'Twas brillig, and the slithey toves....

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Grem was at -7 with the axe hit. Someone would have to get to him REALLY fast to save him.
    Eh, Grem's up there with nothing but allies now. I'm expecting they'll be able to come over and bind his wounds now -- there's a few healing potions scattered around where Biscuit just was. Or it's possible the trauma of removing the giant axe taking residence in his torso will be too much. It's up to the plot.

As for the cra-sploosh... I'm hoping Duv's not dead. That'd probably be lame. But I'll have to see how it's handled.

The image I'm seeing in the future of Biscuit noticing Fox bleeding out and giving her a healing potion with a 'ptoo' is great, though.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-10-13 at 05:07 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGirl

They dont need to remove the axe, the healing potion effects will do it for them, just as it removed the arrows from Biscuit.
    \'Twas brillig, and the slithey toves....

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    I sorta get the impression Biscuit didn't put much thought into that.
    I don't know, it was a great plan up until his momentum carried him off the ledge. Gets him away from the baddies, and isn't far enough a fall to really hurt.

I wonder if Cole will be able to use those few discarded potions to save Grem. He might be hurt bad enough that they won't work.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I don't know, it was a great plan up until his momentum carried him off the ledge. Gets him away from the baddies, and isn't far enough a fall to really hurt.
    Stupid inferior quality trees. Why, in his day trees didn't break just because a Large-sized orc jumped on them. What's the THuntverse come to?
    Last edited by BannedInSchool; 2012-10-13 at 06:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

And now Biscuit has killed the Big Bad of the comic. Yes I know he probably didn't.

There is nothing this guy can't do.

Also as an aside about Fox maybe dying. Heal is based off of Wisdom.

Just throwing that out there.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2012-10-13 at 06:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Also as an aside about Fox maybe dying. Heal is based off of Wisdom.
    Heal is for people who doesnt have the mouth full of healing potions
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Does anyone know the damage you take from a Orc falling 100 ft on your head? :)
    487D6! 35d6. 35D6!

Anyway, say that it is 100 feet. Orcs are medium-sized so they fall into a range of between 80-500 pounds. Let's say that Biscuit weighs about 200 pounds. This is the minimum amount necessary to deal as much damage to Duv as he does to himself, which is 1D6 per ten feet.

He should do about 10d6 damage if he weighs between 200 and 399 pounds. If he weighs 400 pounds, then it'd double to 20d6 since the damages increases 1d6 per ten feet for each additional 200 pounds.

The total damage to Biscuit would also be 10d6 but 1D6 would be nonlethal damage since he jumped to start with.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post

I wonder if Cole will be able to use those few discarded potions to save Grem. He might be hurt bad enough that they won't work.
    There is this awkward bit where Thunt is trying to model injuries that require a regeneration spell while also using the 'hit points as actual injuries' system, which may put Grem in the positives while still being in the awkward position of having no lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    There is this awkward bit where Thunt is trying to model injuries that require a regeneration spell while also using the 'hit points as actual injuries' system, which may put Grem in the positives while still being in the awkward position of having no lungs.
    or almost cutting his spine in half...

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    487D6! 35d6. 35D6!

Anyway, say that it is 100 feet. Orcs are medium-sized so they fall into a range of between 80-500 pounds. Let's say that Biscuit weighs about 200 pounds. This is the minimum amount necessary to deal as much damage to Duv as he does to himself, which is 1D6 per ten feet.

He should do about 10d6 damage if he weighs between 200 and 399 pounds. If he weighs 400 pounds, then it'd double to 20d6 since the damages increases 1d6 per ten feet for each additional 200 pounds.

The total damage to Biscuit would also be 10d6 but 1D6 would be nonlethal damage since he jumped to start with.
    Those calculations may be a little off, considering that Biscuit is Large-sized, not Medium-sized (thus likely putting his weight above 500 pounds). Interesting information, otherwise.

And count me in the group who thinks that Biscuit landed near to or in between Duv and Fox (and thus that the white spots are flecks of foam), and didn't kill or significantly injure her as a result.

Member of the Phyrnglsnyx Pronunciation Pact

PHYRNGLSNYX
    Fear-en-gil-sniks

[fyːrŋlˌsnɪks]

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Current avatar by Cuthalion. Thanks a lot!

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    If Biscuit wasn't in negatives, then he doesn't actually suffer them. The problem is this:

1. Assuming Biscuit wasn't in negatives, he made two Standard actions (attacked self, then Grem) OR spent a full-round action for a full attack. That first part is Not Allowed, that second is.

2. However, no matter what part of 1. is true, that means he shouldn't have had a move action to drink a potion.

3. Drinking one (1) potion is an entire move action. The rules pretty explicitly forbid drinking more than one per move action. If you spend your whole turn drinking potions, you can down two and still use your Swift, but that's it.
    Belt of battle. Fixed.

And the multiple potions clearly represent a single, stronger potion.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperordaniel View Post
    And count me in the group who thinks that Biscuit landed near to or in between Duv and Fox (and thus that the white spots are flecks of foam)
    Wait, people thought those white spots were bits of Duv? Ewwwww.

Anyway, the thing that makes me think he landed on her is that the sound effect is 'cra-splash', rather than just a splash. This implies some sort of cracking sound.

Though it's possible those are Biscuit's bones breaking from hitting water at 100 feet because Thunt's avoiding the Soft Water trope.

20. - Top - End - #1220

NecromancerGuy

The problem is that Duv would still be visible given the angle if Biscuit had merely landed between them.

Otherwise you're suggesting that Thunt managed to really screw up his perspective because that splash just looks kind of piddly for something tall enough to obscure even the tip of Duv's wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    And now Biscuit has killed the Big Bad of the comic.
    Kore is the BB of the comic. Duv is the villain-of-the-week.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

22. - Top - End - #1222

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Kore is the BB of the comic. Duv is the villain-of-the-week.
    Eh, given the time-frame, more like arc-villain or villain of the weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Eh, given the time-frame, more like arc-villain or villain of the weeks.
    If the arc doesn't gets paused there for a revisit on Ears and the rest, maybe we'll finally be rid of Duv and Grem...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Those calculations may be a little off, considering that Biscuit is Large-sized, not Medium-sized (thus likely putting his weight above 500 pounds). Interesting information, otherwise.
    I just went by the standard for orcs, but fair enough.

Since Biscuit passes the 400 pound threshold, he dealt 20d6 damage to Duv at minimum if he fell one hundred feet and hit her, which I think is the definite implication of the sound effect. His 1d6 nonlethal and 9d6 lethal damage remain the same though.

Water has to be ten feet deep to reduce falling damage so there's no benefit from that either.
    Last edited by Ubiq; 2012-10-14 at 03:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Actually Orcs are medium-sized ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/orc.htm ), while Goblins are small-sized ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm )

Look at this fight between Complains and Minmax to see the difference in their size: http://goblinscomic.com/11252005/

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Troll in the Playground

Actually Orcs are medium-sized ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/orc.htm ), while Goblins are small-sized ( http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/goblin.htm )

Look at this fight between Complains and Minmax to see the difference in their size: http://goblinscomic.com/11252005/
    Biscuit isn't a normal orc though. He is specifically large sized, I heard it from Thunt himself one time. Also, he's a lot bigger than the goblins than Minmax is.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I dunno. Complains seem to go up roughly to Minmax' waist.
    The goblins go up roughly to Biscuit's waist.

So he might be a larger medium-sized orc, or maybe a very small large-sized one.

Here's a graphic with the different sizes:
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/_/rsrc/13244...omparisons.png
    Black is the minimum size for a size category and grey the average one. Small size is not on there but it's even smaller than medium obviously.

So unless the goblins are all really tall for small size and Biscuit is really small for large size, I don't see it.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

I dunno. Complains seem to go up roughly to Minmax' waist.
    The goblins go up roughly to Biscuit's waist.

So he might be a larger medium-sized orc, or maybe a very small large-sized one.

Here's a graphic with the different sizes:
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/_/rsrc/13244...omparisons.png
    Black is the minimum size for a size category and grey the average one. Small size is not on there but it's even smaller than medium obviously.

So unless the goblins are all really tall for small size and Biscuit is really small for large size, I don't see it.
    That looks like a really poorly made graphic to me, considering that the maximum for medium and the minimum for large are both 8 feet, not 8 feet and like 12 feet or whatever that's supposed to be. If you want to see the real rules for size, they're here.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Looking at the two examples provided, I'd say that Minmax is much closer to Complains' size than Biscuit is to Saves-A-Fox and Dies Horribly. It's easier to see in the next few pages when the image is from farther away, but Complains is almost chest high while the two goblins are between Biscuit's knees and waist.

Biscuit is a lot more massive to boot. Complains and Minmax have heads that are roughly the same size, but Biscuit's head is roughly the same size as Fox/Dies' heads and torso combined.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Looking at the two examples provided, I'd say that Minmax is much closer to Complains' size than Biscuit is to Saves-A-Fox and Dies Horribly. It's easier to see in the next few pages when the image is from farther away, but Complains is almost chest high while the two goblins are between Biscuit's knees and waist.

Biscuit is a lot more massive to boot. Complains and Minmax have heads that are roughly the same size, but Biscuit's head is roughly the same size as Fox/Dies' heads and torso combined.
    I actually commented in the live feed around the time that Biscuit was introduced that it was strange to see how short Dies and Saves are compared to a normal medium sized orc since normally you only see goblins on a page together and they're roughly the same height so you don't get perspective on them. He responded to me that Biscuit is large so that's part of why there's such a big size difference there. I realize I don't have any proof to back that statement up but I don't feel like trawling their forums to see if it was recorded.