New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins IX: For that, you shall DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    Yeah, the last panel is priceless...
    agreed. He says so little, but expression says so much awesome.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Pixie in the Playground

Howdy, I'm the new colorist for Goblins.

I just found out you talk about the comic here too. Makes me wonder how many message boards are out there...

Are you guys the same people that talk on the native Goblin message board or completely new people?

If you guys were curious; I tend to get sent the pages to color right about the same time Thunt puts them online. That is why you guys see the flats-only version first, then a fully shaded version later.

I have a day job, so sometimes its difficult for me to get pages done earlier in the week.
    Last edited by morikahn; 2012-10-21 at 05:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sure you're going to get many minor critiques on the job you've done so far, but for the most part, we all think you're doing great. And mostly, we're okay with just getting the flats on the first day. We only get two comics a week; we've learned to be patient folk.
    I'm not sure how many of us are cross-foruming, but we sometimes get word about sillines that goes on in your neck of the woods.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

i'm unique to this board, though i do sometimes go onto the livestream.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Banned

While your work is great, Morikahn, I actually have a nostalgic fondness for the old style. Have you and Thunt talked about possibly having a link to get into the original versions of strips you've recolored, or are they dumped from the site to conserve storage/bandwidth/etc? Conversely, are there any plans for you to do recolors of the previous strips?

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by morikahn View Post

I just found out you talk about the comic here too. Makes me wonder how many message boards are out there...

Are you guys the same people that talk on the native Goblin message board or completely new people?

If you guys were curious; I tend to get sent the pages to color right about the same time Thunt puts them online. That is why you guys see the flats-only version first, then a fully shaded version later.

I have a day job, so sometimes its difficult for me to get pages done earlier in the week.
    I'm one of the same people from the Goblins board, but I'm one of the only ones I think. If there are people here who also visit the goblins board I guess they use a different name because I don't remember seeing any of them. Or at least no one who isn't banned from this board now.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I'm one of the same people from the Goblins board, but I'm one of the only ones I think. If there are people here who also visit the goblins board I guess they use a different name because I don't remember seeing any of them. Or at least no one who isn't banned from this board now.
    I'm not banned, I just boycotted the GitP Forum till my warning expired.

Though I can't blame you for not noticing me over at the Goblins board (or here) as I usually just quietly enjoy the comic.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    While your work is great, Morikahn, I actually have a nostalgic fondness for the old style. Have you and Thunt talked about possibly having a link to get into the original versions of strips you've recolored, or are they dumped from the site to conserve storage/bandwidth/etc? Conversely, are there any plans for you to do recolors of the previous strips?
    There are a few people that mentioned they like the old look (I'm one of them, actually). Same old story, can't please everyone all the time yada yada.

I have no idea if the old pages are stored somewhere, I don't believe they are, but the flats would always be accessible to Thunt.. if he wanted to place them online. However, the 'Thunt Look' was more than just flats, he did lighting and effects as well. Those do not exist as I've taken over that responsibility.

As for recoloring old strips, I don't believe Thunt has any intention of doing that, nor have we ever talked about it. Personally, I think it would sap something from the comic.. the growth and change.. the 'life' of it, so to speak. Reading the comic is like watching a child grow.

Going back and recoloring it, regardless if someone likes my coloring or not, would diminish the comic in my personal opinion.

Of course if Thunt lays the money down and says re-color it: I'm on it :)

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I'm a moderator on the Goblins forum

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are a few people that mentioned they like the old look (I'm one of them, actually). Same old story, can't please everyone all the time yada yada.

I have no idea if the old pages are stored somewhere, I don't believe they are, but the flats would always be accessible to Thunt.. if he wanted to place them online. However, the 'Thunt Look' was more than just flats, he did lighting and effects as well. Those do not exist as I've taken over that responsibility.

As for recoloring old strips, I don't believe Thunt has any intention of doing that, nor have we ever talked about it. Personally, I think it would sap something from the comic.. the growth and change.. the 'life' of it, so to speak. Reading the comic is like watching a child grow.

Going back and recoloring it, regardless if someone likes my coloring or not, would diminish the comic in my personal opinion.

Of course if Thunt lays the money down and says re-color it: I'm on it :)

In general, you've made the comic a lot clearer for me, especially with the transparent body parts. Before it was an overly confusing, somewhat annoying effect; now it actually looks pretty cool. Love what you're doing so far, keep up the good work.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    I'm not banned, I just boycotted the GitP Forum till my warning expired.

Though I can't blame you for not noticing me over at the Goblins board (or here) as I usually just quietly enjoy the comic.
    I was thinking of Snake Aes when I said that actually.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Firbolg in the Playground

I only post here sometimes, but I am unique to this forum, don't go near the Goblins forums. And fwiw, I like the new coloring style (though I tend to be on the non-picky side as far as artwork goes. I lack the talent required to draw a straight line with a ruler, which makes me feel I'm pretty much the last person qualified to critique artwork.)
    Last edited by Seerow; 2012-10-21 at 06:50 PM.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Troll in the Playground

He hasn't, like, redone the shading and stuff on anything. Anything he's shaded has existed previously as nothing more than what you see when Thunt uploads it new; flat, unshaded and untouched-up. This is "Thunt's old style"; this is just unfinished. As in, even before morikahn came along, Thunt would put that up and come back later and add shading and stuff (or Danielle would, not totally clear on all that).

There's nothing that moirkahn shaded that used to be in Thunt's old style -- only stuff that was unfinished. If the unfinished stuff is what you're looking to find, that's cool; I just want to make sure that's all clear. I mean, personally, I find things like Biscuit's hair and lips just look plain bad unfinished, but that's just me.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2012-10-21 at 11:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    This is "Thunt's old style"; this is just unfinished.
    The first one is loading a blank (the page frame but no comic). Actually I'm getting a lot of failed or semi-failed pageloads; the site must just be slow.

There's nothing that moirkahn shaded that used to be in Thunt's old style -- only stuff that was unfinished. If the unfinished stuff is what you're looking to find, that's cool; I just want to make sure that's all clear. I mean, personally, I find things like Biscuit's hair and lips just look plain bad unfinished, but that's just me.
    All I know is that I really like the simple, clean-looking style of much old stuff, and that I've often been at least partially more fond of the first version of recent comics. The fight between Duv and Fox in particular, I think, looked better pre-Morikhan, as did Dies, while in the case of Biscuit and Grem I agree that Morikahn's version is an improvement. (Although this Biscuit-heavy strip was more to my preference before, I think. The middle panel here is one of the biggest improvements I think; the sky being bright and blotting out most of the details of Biscuit's appearance makes it very dramatic. I think this or this are good examples of what I like about "old Thunt". As an extreme example, I can't even begin to figure out what this would look like in Mori's hands.)

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

I rather like the new look; I think it (usually) vastly improves things. Though there have been some times where it has muddied the action, for the most part it really suits the organic line style used in this comic.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2012-10-22 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I think the new look is pretty cool. I'm not saying it's better than Thunt's as that it's different.

However no matter what I think of it, I think if Thunt goes with this new look (which he is), it would be best to not upload those unfinished pages first. They look just plain weird and well... unfinished.
    Even if that means they'd take a week or two off to build a buffer so they can bring the finished versions on right away.

But maybe that's just me.
    Last edited by Morquard; 2012-10-22 at 02:01 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm another member that's only active here, not on the goblins' forum.

Yup, I'm one of those who prefers the old look... but you're right, you can't please everyone and neither you should. I appreciate your work from an intellectual perspective, even if it doesn't appeal to me aesthetically. And hey, i get to read the plain-coloured pages when Thunt puts them up, so...win-win situation.

Keep up the good work!

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    And hey, i get to read the plain-coloured pages when Thunt puts them up, so...win-win situation.
    Well, that creates an inconveniently short window of time within which to appreciate them, before they essentially vanish forever (as one of my ten favorite webcomics did when its artist stopped paying for hosting because he'd lost interest in the setting; I am still mad at myself for not saving every page before they disappeared, and I feel the same way about recent Thunt originals which I didn't have time to back up before the Mori versions replaced them).

If it's technically possible for Thunt to keep them up in a secondary archive, I really think he should. (Though I'm accustomed to not getting what I want in these cases.)
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-10-22 at 05:41 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you're doing a great job!

I'm not following Goblins' forum... once i tried to follow the Erfworld's site, but my free time is limited, and now i'm almost exclusively stuck here.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Pixie in the Playground

As an extreme example, I can't even begin to figure out what this would look like in Mori's hands.)
    Challenge accepted. I've been thinking about that crazy panel ever since I took the job. What would I do?

I'll take a stab at it in a week or so, when I have the time.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Banned

Me and my big mouth. Well, have fun. (I for one can't even see many of the little guys in the back; they're just pixels.)

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

I've been getting a lot of errors recently,mostly comics not loading completely, or at all. This has been true in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

re: can't please everyone

I've read somewhere the aim should be to please 90% of the readers 90% of the time (rather than being stuck with 10% pleased 100% of the time)

for a good strory I can be quite forgiving when it comes to artwork
    and goblins has long passed that point IMO.
    What I see now to me looks more like fine tuning than a change of style.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    I've been getting a lot of errors recently,mostly comics not loading completely, or at all. This has been true in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Has anyone else had this issue?

I've seen this complaint a lot recently, but have yet to experience it. I use firefox as well.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

-not a Goblins forumgoer
    -I like Thunt art, new art, flat art is fine for the story but I go back to see the finished version too :)
    -They've been loading fine for me in IE9 and Chrome, just sometimes not for the first hour they are uploaded or so.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I've just had my poetic license revoked. I was banned for taking a cesura too fast and stopping at an enjambment whilst under the influence of Auden." - Stephen Fry

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The haaaaaand! The craaaaawling haaaaaaand!

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm reminded of a seth green movie from years ago...

Look like daddy has come to show some discipline.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

Hey...
    He doesn't look like a normal goblin, he looks like the ones from that alternate where Minmax was horribly scarred.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

H'uh, guess Kills' positive really IS blood as a whole. Or at the very least Goblin blood. Would make a pretty awsome weapon if you ask me :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show