New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tale as Old as Last Wednesday [Maid IC]

"Oh, is that so? Are the squids very good at making salad?" Ante jokes. Or at least tries to make some semblance of a joke.

She would probably not be pouring the sauce or handing off the ingredients haphazardly if she would just take the large metal pot off of her head.

"Ah, I'm sorry, Lune, I will try to be more careful." She says, attempting to take things a little slower with her partner.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-07-24 at 03:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Lune laughs aloud at Ante's joke. " Actually most are quite bad at it but my pet Kraken had quite the knack for it." She said the last part quite seriously.
    Once she got her bearings back Lune dived into sandwich making once more.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

I think it suffices to say that it could be going better. Given that this is Lune's first sandwhich, she appears to have not grasped the idea, and is just sort of stacking the random things Ante gives he at random.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

"...Ah...I think perhaps the bread is supposed to go on the outsides...and possibly should have come first...um...hang on, let me try to fix this..."

Ante attempts to put the sandwich back together into a coherent order, after the fact of having gone about sequencing it entirely wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill: (1d6x2)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335

Griffon

" OOooooohh!" Lune took stared at it for a moment or two before jumping back in.
    " I think I get now Miss Ante. I'm gonna try to fix this one." She hurried to the other sandwich and began to work.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"An 'A for effort,' so to speak? Ah, the perks of royalty..." Yuki flashes a lopsided grin.

When the Prince brings up his condition, Yuki's smirk fades. She studies him for a moment, her eyes drifting up and down his form. "What, that you're a chimera?" she asks in such a relaxed fashion, one would think she was talking about last week's weather. "Oh, I heard rumors. I just never believed them, personally," she said with an aloof shrug. "You expected me to be shocked or scared? Heh. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you're nowhere near the most frightening or threatening thing I've ever seen, Your Highness..." the assassin says playfully, leaning forward slightly to smirk smugly at the Prince.

At the Prince's remark about drinking, Yuki grins. "You, Sir, are an amazing boss," she remarks. She then leans back, and casually slips a hand down the front of her blouse, before plucking out her trusty flask. The Prince may or may not enjoy the sight. As Yuki goes to unscrew the cap, she pauses. "Oh but where are my manners! You probably don't want to drink after me," she muses, tilting her head thoughtfully.

She then reaches down and hikes the right side of her skirt up a few inches, revealing another flask strapped under a garter belt on her outer thigh. Once again, the Prince may or may not enjoy the sight. She plucks the silver flask from the belt, lowers her skirt, and holds the small alcohol container out to the Prince. "Here you go," she says with a cheerful smile.

Yuki's actions, though sexy in the opinions of some, are probably not proper etiquette in royal company. Between her drunken state and her natural flippancy with being sexy and flirty, though, the issue never crosses her mind...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchens

The result is... an actual set of sandwiches! Hooray! Of course, who knows what might be happening with their own dishes, or if the other devil-maid or the kitten are up to something...

Drinking

He sighed at first, sinking back down into his seat. He looks, as he sounded before she started crying, tired and depressed.

"I'm afraid most people...Don't have your sort of resolve. In fact, you and miss Ante...Are the only people I've met this whole time who can speak with me normally. For two years. And no one but new maid hires come here."

He does watch with some interest as she gets out the flask, his face lightening somewhat, and he takes a drink from the offered flask, and comes out with a smile.

"Ah, quite the kick!...Do you think you'll be able to get back to what needs doing after you've had it?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-24 at 04:16 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki takes a small nip from her flask, and then smiles wistfully. "While I doubt I'll be able to put your lunch together in time, I can assure you that whatever other tasks you desire to be done, I can accomplish. A pity, too. I was making a killer BBQ sauce..." Hah hah. Killer.

The blonde maid paused and thought for a moment. "Why not hire or invite non-maids?" the assassin observed idly. "Advisors? Scholars? Bodyguards?"

Her gaze drifted to the floor. Ah. Bodyguards. Right. That... that needed to be addressed. She'd babbled about murdering people during her drunken rambling, hadn't she? And she'd said something about a mission to Terran. One way or another, suspicion would fall upon her sooner or later. Best to go ahead and get it out of the way...

"Actually, your Highness... On the subject of bodyguards... I think I need to tell you why I'm here... Why I'm really here..." she says quietly.

She then looks back up at the Prince, and looks him in the eye. Despite her previous emotional instability and drunken stake, her eye now shows steely determination and focus. "My mission is to protect your life, from all threats, at all costs. I may be your maid, but I am also to serve as your bodyguard. You know the saying, fight fire with fire? Well, the best way to stop an assassin... is with a better assassin," she smirks confidently.

Her face then goes deadpan. "But you probably already had your suspicions, didn't you?"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

He shook his head.

"Because my father and step-mother..."

He paused, interrupted by her confession. His answer was going to be was that he was ham-stringed by his parents' desires for a cure into only hiring maids. He wasn't sure why.

He blinked, and tried to focus. That was a lot to take in, after all... But it didn't strike as terribly upsetting. Sure, assasinating wasn't the sort of thing he went in for, but...It was a part of the world.

"I'm almost certain no one significant is out to assasinate me, for a change... So I think you've been mis-placed."

He'd had only one attempt so far, of the 'your monstrous kingdom turned my village into owls' type.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-24 at 08:55 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki shrugged aloofly. "It is a precautionary measure, and nothing more. We have no actual intelligence to imply an attempt is nigh, or even possible. But would you rather have something and not need it... or need something and not have it?" she said with a smile. "If it is any consolation, my superiors repeatedly told me the job would not be a challenge of any sort. Aside from the maid duties, of course. But like I said... better safe than sorry, right?" she smiles cheerfully.

She then looks thoughtful for a moment. "I apologize if I have worried you. But I assure you, you have nothing to fear. I just felt I should go ahead and tell you the facts directly, rather than have one of the butlers or maids telling you half-truths and rumors about me being a crazy killer or bloodthirsty pyscho," she idly waves her left hand, which results in a series of clicks. After a short pause, she casually states: "I'm not crazy, mind you. I'm actually very professional in my life-taking..."

Oh Yuki. Please sober up soon...

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

"Well...I think that'll work out just fine!" Ante says with some satisfaction. "Thank you ever so much for your help, Lune...ah! I forgot my own dish! Do pardon me."

Ante quickly steps away to finish up her own fruit salad. She has to finish cutting, combining, and compacting the fruit to make it all come together.

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill: (1d6x2)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

The Booze

"...And have you done a thousand dreadful things, as willingly as one would kill a fly?"

Well, he wasn't entirely sure if a totally professional killer, who could kill and feel nothing, wasn't actually somehow worse than someone who took pleasure in it. But, well, it wasn't much his business. He...He was in no position to be picky about his company.

In a search for a less worrying topic, he turned back to the start.

"...Feeling better?"

He asked with another drink from his borrowed flask.

----

The Kitchen

Looks to be a passable-looking fruit salad. I seem to have forgotten if I said how everyone else's are turning out (and can't remember the scores), but Hani's was very warm and loving-tasting, though that speaks little to the technical quality.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-24 at 09:49 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki shrugs aloofly. "Perhaps. Perhaps not. My personal feelings on the matter aren't important. There is only the mission," she states.

She then leans back into the sofa, and smiles. "Yes, the knowledge that I have not grievously insulted my employer, gotten myself fired, and ruined my mission is rather comforting," she replies. After taking a little sip from her flask, she adds, "By the way, you can keep that flask, if you like it."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen
    After some further book-keeping, the results for round 2 are that there's also a very tasty potato salad by way of Merry and Lune's dissapointing-looking cake, and there's a passable sandwhich at Yuki's station.

And Getting Drunk

"...I hope, for your sake, that following orders is indeed enough."

He murmured As a person rarely in a position to have orders to follow, he found the idea dubious.

"Well, I think I'd be remiss not to accept a token from a lady. I shall care for it like my own heart." He pocketed the flask.

Terran -> Kitchen

Terran headed back to the kitchen. Since the sounds of people upset had worn away, it was time to break that up with, perhaps, another maid.

"If the next maid would care to meet his highness?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-25 at 07:33 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

She was pleased with her potato salad, red potatoes really can make a difference, well that and a delicious combination of herbs and spices. Not bad, for something potato salad of all things. She turned her head at the other two girls in her, wanly frowning, wondering if she should have helped them anyway.....

....she snapped out of the thoughts when she heard Terran's voice. She immediately turned to him at mention of meeting the prince. She sported a small smile and eager eyes.

"I..I'd like to....Uhm meet his highness....do I uh..bring anything?"
    She asked, she wasn't sure if there were any particulars about this meeting the prince thing. Like was she meeting to serve him lunch or not...something.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Enough to keep me occupied and content? Or enough to keep my conscience clear?" Yuki asks aloofly.

With a small shrug, she flatly states: "Both have the same answer."

She takes another small sip from her flask. Each of her last few consecutive sips had been smaller than the last - she was mostly just drinking to savor the flavor and sate her thirst now, rather than to cloud her mind and feed her addiction.

When the Prince pockets the flask, Yuki smiles at his somewhat over-dramatic etiquette. "How kind," she muses. "That, and the other kindnesses you have shown me, shall not be forgotten. Though the point is somewhat moot, as I am already your bodyguard and your servant."

The assassin turns her head to look at the door, then returns her gaze to the Prince. "I suspected Terran would have reentered to fetch me by now. Am I to return to the kitchens or some new task? Or would you prefer me stay for the time being?"

After a moment, she adds: "I am fine with whatever you prefer."

17. - Top - End - #347

Griffon

In the kitchen...Lune sat in front of dilapited cake and wore the face of someone about to cry. She had put so much effort and love into finishing Yuki's dish that hers had pretty much up and died.

I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not cry. I must look presentable for His Highness. She thought to herself as she began to absently finger her long pink hair.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

"...You know, Lune, I bet if we let Merry go first, we could make up some cakeballs for after lunch." Ante suggests, trying to change Lune's disposition. She felt awfully bad for the poor girl. Ante may have had to put up with the fiends of hell, but most of them did not try to make sandwiches out of her.

Ante doesn't know if squids actually tried to make sandwiches out of Lune, but hush she is feeling pity.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349

Griffon

Lune offered Ante a weak smile. " Really? "

She stood up suddenly, invigorated by the idea. " Oh that would be most wonderful Miss Ante!! We should get started right away!"

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Ante beams up at Lune, glad that her idea has re-invigorated her.

"Good, let's get started right away. Take some of that cake and do as I do. No one will notice a thing amiss."

Ante takes some of the cake, some of the frosting and leftover frosting from the bowl, and attempts to cunningly craft the two together into a seamless ball of cake and frosting combined. Hopefully, no one will notice that this design was never intended.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cunning: (1d6x2)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchens

They'll work as cake-balls well enough that it won't be guessed, but they still need Lune's touch to finish them off.

Anyway, Terran shakes his head.

"Come with only thy own self...That will likely suffice."

He said, thoughtfully.

---

The Prince's Room

"I suppose head back to it, though...Since part of this silly game of Mozart's is presentation, you could try jumping the gun on that."

He laughed off the idea of Terran interrupting them so directly.

"But he won't come in alone; he's done that just a feeeeww too many times at the wrong moment to come in when I'm alone with a pretty girl....All the same, he probably will send someone to break it up. But...It's hardly moot. Don't underestimate the power of heart; Terran will play at being my servant because he thinks it's his place in the public eye...But I wouldn't have asked him to come with me if that was what we were. I didn't ask him to come anyway, but if he was just my servant, I *wouldn't* have."

He stood up and bowed, brushing aside that bit of backstory.

"Well, my little snowflake, it's been a singular pleasure."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-07-25 at 12:39 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Kitchens

Anyway, Terran shakes his head.

"Come with only thy own self...That will likely suffice."

He said, thoughtfully.

"Oh..ah...very well, where can I keep the potato salad, so that it remains fresh?" She asked and smoothed out the front of her apron in habit.

23. - Top - End - #353

Griffon

Lune watched Ante very closely and followed her direction exactly. Intead of the white icing as planned she decided to do pink-strawberry flavored.

" Oh please little dessert, don't fail me now."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki smirks softly at the Prince's remark about Terran interrupting him and cute girls. "Wrong moments, you say? Hah. I suppose there is irony in a manslayer serving as bodyguard to a ladykiller," she quips.

"It is interesting, though, to hear that you and Mister Terran's relationship is not limited to professional servitude, and that you are friends. Though... he is probably verrrrrrrrry unhappy with me right now, if that is the case," Yuki smiles sheepishly. She then arches an eyebrow, pondering something. "But yes, it is good that you actually try to know your servants and associates beyond just a professional level. It says a lot about you," she observes with a shrug.

She then rises, and bows to the Prince, curtseying her skirt. "It has indeed been quite the pleasure, Your Highness. I have enjoyed this discussion, aside from the rather rocky start. Though don't expect me to be this chatty and open again any time soon. It's mostly just the alcohol talking," she says aloofly, shaking her flask before taking another tiny sip from it. "I'm typically quite taciturn, I'm afraid..."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Kitchen
    "I reccomend the larder." Terran indicated the little ladder down to the underground room where the perishables were kept.

Assuming she stowed it there, Terran began guiding her down the hallway. They wouldn't be in eyeshot until after Yuki would be partway down it.

...Those cakeballs could have gone better. Dramatically better.

Farewells

"That's fine. I'll learn about you in your own time, then; it's not as if I'm in a rush."

He smiled brightly, and rises and gives a little bow. Since it was likely they'd get interrupted

"Well, then, I shall see you at lunch, miss Yuki... We best not get too interrupted by Terran's interruption."

He opened the door, looking suddenly very nervous as he said,

"W-well, wish me luck...I'll hope for the best as well."

And there again was that hint of lonely bitterness that said 'I've done a lot of hoping for the best, and this is the first time I've gotten results from it.'
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki smiles at the Prince. "You will do fine, sir. You've already met Ante, after all. And from what I know of the other maids, I doubt you will spook them."

Yuki gives a furtive glance at the door, before looking back at the Prince. Her expression turns serious. Not a half-drunk trying-to-be-serious expression, but a legitimate 'I am totally balls-to-the-wall serious right now' expression. The alcohol, it seems, has worn off.

The assassin folds her hands behind her back, straightens her posture, and locks her eye with the Prince's eyes. "Listen carefully. If it is Ante, you have no reason to worry," Yuki states crisply and factually. "If it is Lune, try talking about the oceans and fish. It should relax her and put her at ease. If it is Meridith, do not be alarmed if she smells like butter, as that is my fault. In fact, she is probably quite irked with me right now; talking badly about me may get you on her good side. If it is Hani, beware her devastating adorableness, and try talking about Ante, her big sister. If she thinks Ante is your friend, she will likely want to be your friend, too," she observes methodically. "Knowledge is power. Use it well, your Highness."

Yuki then turns, and strides over to the door. As she steps through the doorway, she allows a faint smile to briefly flicker across her face. "Until our next meeting, sir. And good luck; I know you will do well."

And with that, she closes the door and begins to make her way back to the kitchen. If/when she passes Terran and Meridith, she doesn't acknowledge them unless they try to interact with her first.

Once she returns to the kitchen, she walks in, looks around, and aloofly asks: "What did I miss?"

Spoiler
    Show

Cunning to give the Prince encouragement via tactical information application! (1d6x3)[9]

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

The prince smiles, shakes his head fondly, and returns to his seat.

Yuki gets (1d6)[2] favor for the help.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Ante does a quick swivel around from the cakeball station. She does not notice that it could've gone better, though even if she did...well, they did their best, right?

She gives Yuki a serious look. As serious as she can...while still having a pot on her head.

Walking over to her, looking the assassin in the eyes with her hands at her side, she speaks in a very somber voice.

"...I apologize...for my deception, Yuki. In no way did I mean you any sort if ill will, and...and if I've adversely affected your performance on the job, or have set you in a negative light with the prince then...then all I can say is that I am sorry and that I hope you will forgive me."

She stands there, eyes closed, prepared for a lashing out from Yuki that she fully expects.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki stares at Ante, her expression neutral. After a long moment of silence, she factually states: "Your apology is accepted. And I, in turn, apologize for my behavior earlier. I-"

The assassin suddenly freezes. Very slowly, she tilts her head to the side, and looks over Ante's shoulder. Raising her eyebrow, she cautiously asks: "Is... that a sandwich?"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Ante's eyes suddenly widen, as she looks behind herself, then sheepishly back at Yuki.

"Well ah...we weren't sure when we were expected to bring lunch out...and since you left in such a hurry, and the sauce was starting to boil over, and because we wanted to help you after all that happened and um...yes, those are your sandwiches...um, ignore the first one. Little technical mishap."

The first one being the one where she poured sauce over Lune's hands, and Lune didn't quite know yet how to make a sandwich. Needless to say, that one didn't count.
    Spoiler
    Show