New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tale as Old as Last Wednesday [Maid IC]

The doors remain solidly closed. In fact, somehow they seem less open than before, resisting all attempts to be moved. The runes glow strongly, and a message appears on the cabinet.

Only to the Hand Regal; Only for the Lord who dwells; Only this hand may pry open This Protection; Until the End of Time
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-25 at 09:43 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki scowls. "Naturally."

She then quickly glances around the room again, just to be sure she didn't miss anything that could be useful. A hammer, a sword, vials of hydrochloric acid, a small death ray, a blessed crossbow of banishment...... y'know, useful stuff.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Well, there appear to be a wide variety of vials full of who-knows what, and that tesla coil is still full of electric magic... Who knows? If she looks into some of the non-magical drawers and cabinets, there may be a small death ray.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki ponders for a moment. "If I were a useful item - preferably a small death ray - where would I be?" she aloofly asks aloud. She then scans the room with her eye, trying to best calculate where something important would go. She analyzes how the room is organized, and using her own organization skills, tries to determine where an important or useful item would be stored.

She then tries her luck, and checks the best location she can think of.

Spoiler
    Show

Skill: (1d6x4)[20]
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-06-25 at 10:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

She finds, in a small cabinet, a beautiful rose under glass. In a different sort of Beauty and the Beast story, this would be some sort of magical charm tied to the Master's condition.

Instead, it is politely labelled
    Weapon-Grade Pyrenean Rose: Think Thorns to Activate Thorn-spray, Think Petals to activate Petals (Great for Housework. Must Document.)
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Ante meanwhile hears the sound of music coming out from over the hedge maze. She attempts to get a better look at the gazebo and its occupant, but can't quite see that high.

Times like this made Ante wish she had proper, functional wings instead of the little ones that were hidden under her blouse. Though they were much easier to hide at least.

Lacking any sort of vault or method of scaling the hedge directly, and not wanting to damage it in any case, Ante attempts to navigate the maze, using the voice and the Gazebo top as a guiding point.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cunning - (1d6x2)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yuki frowns. A rose in a glass case seemed rather interesting, but she wasn't sure how easy to carry it or how effective in combat it would be. So she decides to leave it for now. "I'll come back for you later," she flatly states, before turning to the Tesla Coil and adding: "You as well."

And with that, she scurries out the door, and tries to catch up to Ante and/or her hunter.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-06-25 at 10:30 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

The Maze

Luckily, the gazebo was just a turn away, so it didn't really take any effort to find it...Thank goodness. The gazebo was surrounded on all sides by red and white roses, with a little path clear around the steps leading up to it. In the center of the gazebo was a small table and some chairs, though none of them were occupied.

Standing there, lost in the song...Was a monster in elegant blue and silver clothing, tailored to accomodate unusual features, such as his lion-like tail or his gold-and-cream feathered wings, large enough to be functional. On his head curled creamy hair, textured differently than the same-colored fur that thinly coated his body. A pair of small spiraled horns on top broke through his hair -- big enough that they'd be tricky to disguise. Ante couldn't see too many features of his face or arms to tell what they were like from this angle, though his head and shoulders were human-shaped...If one cut from the equation his floppy, goat-like ears. His pants were cut to end above the knee, where the fur thickened and obscured the nature of his knees and ankles...The best one could see, he stood on dark cloven hooves.

The creature was man-shaped, roughly-speaking, slender and fine-boned, and turned away from her.

"We are dancing, we are flying
    And she's taking me back to the..."

Then he turned his head and opened one silvery eye. His features looked human, though his nose was a little bit flatter and broader at the bottom than was normal -- it had to be, to accomodate the soft little pad of the nostrils, like an animal's. By the shape of the brow and the jaw, the set of his cheeks and his eyes...He'd have been very handsome, perhaps.

He also looked very surprised. He looked her up and down without moving an inch, like a creature frozen and ready to bolt.

"...Ah. Oh, don't be alarmed. Please."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-25 at 12:13 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Ante was very, VERY alarmed. Though for a very different reason...

~Crap crap crap crap CRAP how did they find me so fast?!~ She thought to herself as she tried to keep her spaded tail under control, wrapped behind a hedge bush...slightly painfully because of the rose thorns, but she had the will to bear the pain. Fortunately for her, in her mind, he didn't seem to realize it was her just yet. So maybe, just maybe, she could still play it off.

Still, he didn't quite look like any demon she had ever seen...but she couldn't imagine any other reason why this manlike beast would be lumbering about her master's garden.

Suddenly she realized he was expecting her to speak. Clearing her throat, and adding a slight squeaky falsetto to her voice, she said, "Ah...good sir, I am naught but a humble servant of this castle. If you come bearing ill will upon my master, I must ask that you leave immediately." She does her best to look doe-eyed and helpless.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-06-25 at 11:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

He smiled, but it seemed... A little sad. He turned around properly now that he himself was no longer alarmed, and sat down, shifting his tail as he did, in one of the chairs, folding his hands out of sight and beneath the table.

He forced a laugh.
    "I assure you, I'd do your master no harm... I'm really quite harmless, though I know a few overprotective brothers who'd disagree...
    And as for being naught but a servant...Don't sell yourself short."

He smiled, and it lost its dissapointed air by a good deal.

"After all, you are a radiant sun that every flower in this garden would turn to, mistaking it for the real thing. How did you end up here, little sun?"

His silence had an almost...testing, quality. Like a lot rested on what she did now that he had reassured her...and complimented her.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-25 at 12:13 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    The Two-Person Room
    The skeleton nods in terror.
    Merry glanced..or rather glared at Lune and then looked at the skeleton with a smile, who she decided to to rename Skelly II. She gave it her hand in invitation. "Come on, you don't have to be scared, I'll be your comrade so as long you don't end up trying to have my flesh for yourself."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

...~Ah, so he's THAT kind of demon.~ Ante thinks to herself with a little bit of disgust. The worst kind of demon, in her mind. At least the other kinds don't dance around the idea of being from the underworld and servants of darkness and depravity.

...Well okay, she's a demon too, but that's completely beside the point!

Regardless, she still has to play her part, lest he figure her out. Swallowing her pride, she bats her eyelashes and forces herself to blush by thinking of an embarrassing experience involving other demons of this sort and, thankfully, a rather large wooden mallet.

"Oh, good sir, you flatter me~♥" She says, pouring herself into her role. "It was mere chance that I happened upon this special spot. You see, it's only my first day here, and there are terrible traps leading to dank, horrible little places that I don't know about...but thank goodness I found my way here."

She pushes one foot into the other, while looking down at the ground demurely. "Thank goodness I'm safe now, here with you~"
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-06-25 at 12:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

[Mr. Skellophane Shoulda Been My Name, Mr. Skellophane...]

The skeleton eventually manages to flop one of its hands into hers, and shook its head to assure her he had no interest in that whole being encased in flesh nonsense again.

In the Garden

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. It was a tired old game.

"Was this your plan for the unfortunate young man sequestered here as well? 'Oh, he's bound to be so lonely, and so fond of pretty girls, everyone knows that...' And you just thought you'd try it on the first man who looked your way?"

He asked, his voice polite and cold as the moon. He wasn't yelling at her -- he didn't even sound angry per se... Just... like he had lost all respect. He sighed and turned his head away.

His arms emerged from under the table, revealing that the fur gave way to scales like on the legs of the bird about midway down the forearms, and his hands were 3-fingered (and a thumb) things halfway between talons and hands. He curled one up and, with a motion that seemed practiced to avoid stabbing himself in the face with a claw, propped his chin on the back of his wrist.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-25 at 01:48 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

"...Ah...no...I'm...sorry but, I thought you...who are you?" Ante says. This is not the way a demon would act. Even if she were playing the part, he'd be all over her by now, well within range of a tactical kick to the voonerables.

And he was far too refined for a demon...despite looking like one.

Maybe a devil? No...unlikely.

Her tail shifts a bit, and causes the hedges to rustle conspicuously. She puts one hand behind her back to try and steady it.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

He looks a little puzzled...And noticed the rustling. But he thought he'd play the mystery card a little longer. That, and he was a little suspicious.

"...What did you think?"

His tone had softened and he walked over to her. He tilted his head to try and see the hedges (and tail) better.

"Are you alright? Your tail's caught in the bushes." He paused for a moment, and gave it some thought. "Is that what this is about?"

Well, at least he's gone from 'totally disgusted' to 'somewhat amused.'
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

"...Please don't tell anyone..."

Ante steps out from the rose hedges. Poking out from under her skirt is a bright, shiny red tail about three feet long, ending in a six-inch spaded tip, with an inward cut to make it look like an arrow. It sways back and forth idly.

She also, reluctantly, removes her headdress to reveal two six-inch long curved ivory horns poking out from her blonde hair, as well as five-inch long pointed ears that fan out behind her head.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

At this, he seems to have gotten at the heart of things...And he smiles very gently. At this close distance, one thing is clear: his eyes are very human.

"Don't worry, I won't say a word if you don't wish me to. I'll keep this lovely little secret all to myself,"

He winks conspiringly, and adds self-depricatingly,

"I'm not a monster...Well, technically I am. But not so much to sell out a lady who probably has troubles of her own. Am I right, miss...?"

He's relieved to maybe get a chance to ferret out her feelings now that that's cleared up.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

There's one other thing he forgot to mention about his eyes.

They're really rather handsome.

"A-ante..." She says, tail still in her hand. "Ante Hanaba, sir. And thank you...I don't suppose...you work here too, sir...?"
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

They were indeed, and entirely focused on her.

"Well, something like that..." Since she asked directly, he didn't want to lie directly. He could work up to it delicately, though.

"This mansion is home to many things that are a little odd, and I happen to be one of them. Consider this rose garden a sanctuary, if you please...Oh, but... How exactly did you end up here, really?"

At which point, with him standing right in front of her, and her all nervous like this...
    THIS is when Yuki comes in, though what Ante is doing relative to that depends on the timing of things.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-25 at 03:31 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Ante? Ante where are you?" Yuki cautiously calls out as she slowly makes her way through the hedges. She could hear voices from somewhere up ahead. It sounded like Ante... but who was she talking to. Was it the demon, trying to trick her? The assassin quickened her pace, and began to flex her hands and focus her senses, in case she had to reach for a weapon or defend herself.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Ante's eyes widen, as all the gears click into place at once. In hindsight, she thinks it was probably pretty obvious, if she had been paying attention to the cues...

"My master..."

Of course all of that is interrupted at the sound of Yuki calling out for her. Her head darts in that direction, then back to her Master, showing an apologetic, and pleading look, as she tries to quickly cover her horns. She's too far away from the roses now though, and her tail has nowhere else to hide. Except...

She shifts herself closer to her master, and attempts to hide the incriminating red tail behind his body, hoping that he'll get the idea, and praying that he will go along with it.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

A split-second later, Yuki rounds the corner. "Ah, there you are Ante. I was-" she pauses, the creature next to Ante finally registering in her mind.

The assassin instinctively takes a step back, tensing up as if preparing to defend herself. She then visibly relaxes as she notices that he doesn't seem to be hostile, and he's also very nicely dressed. Yuki stares the the creature for a moment, blinking a few times, before looking at him from top to bottom a couple of times. She then leans to the side a bit, trying to get a better look at his tail. Upon seeing that its a lion's tail instead of a demon tail, she straightens her posture back up. "Hm," she muses.

Yuki then turns her attention back to Ante. "As I was saying, I managed to come after you with the wardrobe's help, but I caught a glimpse of some sort of demon chasing after you. So I've been trying to catch either it or you, since I couldn't just leave you to a potentially gruesome fate," she factually explains, completely ignoring the monster-who-is-actually-her-boss.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

He did his best to give her a non-thorny way of hiding her tail, handily reaching a wing over to cover her back until she could turn around and hide it better. The effect was slightly embrace-like, and he braced himself for the likely volley of screams and maybe weapons or teapots, closing his eyes tightly.

...And it didn't happen. He opened an eye.

Given that she didn't immediately freak out, or even seemingly care... Well, he was a bit off his game. Of course, then she mentioned the wardrobe, which changed his focus.

Did that thing eat the wardrobe in one of the maid rooms and impersonate it? I thought it was content with table scraps..."

He meant, of course, scraps of table.

"Well, anyway...Her fate could be more horrible, I assure...This castle isn't short on strange but largely harmless things, maybe you saw one of them?" He offered, trying to conceal the maid's involvement and self-chasing.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-25 at 04:11 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah...yes, yes that's probably what you saw, Yuki...ah, thank you all the same for worrying about me so much, but as you can see I'm quite fine now...maybe they went that way?" Ante suggests, pointing in a direction that will NOT take her closer to seeing the demon tail she is trying to hide.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-06-25 at 04:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"But I just came from that direction," Yuki deadpans. She then shrugs. "No matter. For now I shall stay here with you and the court wizard, in case the demon returns. Safety in numbers, after all."

At the mention of the wardrobe monster, she smirks. "Oh, you have no need to worry about the Mimic anymore, sir. I have dealt with it, and ensured that it will be of no danger to myself or any of the other maids." He doesn't need to know the details...

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Court wizard?...What? There wasn't exactly a court here. Well, he'd let anyone believe what they want for now. It let them get used to the sight of him -- which she seemed to do immediately -- withough things like 'he's a prince' or 'he's my boss' getting complicated.

"Hmmm...May I ask what led you to your conclusion about my identity, miss?"

He asked. He was impressed, since she apparently handled the mimic, who was a perpetual thorn in the side.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    [Mr. Skellophane Shoulda Been My Name, Mr. Skellophane...]

The skeleton eventually manages to flop one of its hands into hers, and shook its head to assure her he had no interest in that whole being encased in flesh nonsense again.

"Cool. Come one, yer now like my lackey friend, let's go explore, you don't have to worry about Loony here,"
    She pulled the skeleton by the hand.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Four key pieces of evidence," Yuki shrugs aloofly, "Are your appearance, your knowledge, your clothes, and your diction."

"You are the most flawless example of a chimera I have ever seen," she factually states. "Such a transmutation is only possible with very powerful magic, and I've encountered a few mages and sorcerers who attempted to do such feats and experiments, though with far less success as yourself. Ergo, you must be quite powerful and skilled in your arcane abilities." It doesn't seem like a good idea to tell him that those wizards/chimeras were often targets she was sent to kill.

"You also know a lot about the monsters and dangers that exist here in the Prince's estate," Yuki explains. "Though, that could just as easily be from experience and a need for survival as it could be from knowledge and research."

"Your attire is very fancy and stylish, befitting somebody of high class, authority, or nobility. It makes sense that the Prince's arcane adviser would be clad in such a manner," she idly gestures.

Yuki momentarily looks back at Ante. "Also, on the subject of attire, I like the new skirt. It's a good look on you." She gives a playful wink, just to mess with her.

"And finally," she turns back to the wizard-but-really-the-Prince-dude, "Your manner of speech indicates that you are of high class or education. Such eloquence and diction would be expected of a scholar, noble, or member of the upper class."

Concluded with her explanation, Yuki smiles. "Forgive me if I was too analytical, good sir. My prior occupations involved a keen eye for detail and reading people..." She neglects to mention that analyzing those people often led to killing them.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Lune smiled at the skeleton's fear and in a flick of her wrist Rivarian was gone as if he never was.

" No he doesn't, as long as he knows who's boss." She said with a smile.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

"...That's very astute, Miss Yuki. Your analysis is quite through and appears to be perfectly flawless in every way."

Ante considers the idea that this man might be a mage rather than the prince. The connection from the lab to the hedge maze would be another wonderful clue...but she also considers his reaction to Yuki's analysis, and that more than anything else dissuades her from being convinced.

"Yes, I would say that anyone looking at the situation from where you're standing would arrive at exactly the same conclusion. And, while I don't mind my new attire, I feel it is a bit inappropriate for a maid of the household, and I shall have to mend it at my nearest convenience."

She pitifully holds up the remnants of her skirt, which had been spirited away elsewhere during the confrontation.

"Sir...would you perhaps escort me back to the manor? With demons running about, I would be ever so grateful for your company."
    Last edited by Trobby; 2012-06-25 at 07:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show