New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] The Blood-Pits

Contrary to the name, the Blood-Pit itself has been built in an "abandoned" warehouse next to the River that gives Riverside its name and didn't actually involve a pit. In reality, the warehouse and the others next to it weren't abandoned, simply bought out by a certain masked organization in Eastside. The previous owners wouldn't be willing to say as much however, having been bought off too well to ever care about speaking such secretive things.

Not to mention that if they spoke, they'd probably find their own skulls added to the four piles inside the largest of the buildings.

The four piles of skulls, each one marked with a stripe of blood across the forehead, pointed in the four cardinal directions. Not all of the skulls were human, but each of them were real, trophies of a warrior's battles on a thousand worlds. On top the North Offering sat a throne of iron and red velvet. It lacked any other decoration, but the owner of the piece needed nothing to separate her from any of the masses since all the trophies of the room had been collected by her.

The East, West, and South Offerings carried only torches, but they were bright enough to illuminate the rest of the chamber, revealing the bleachers set around the circle etched into the concrete of the floor. In the center of the circle, where dozens of other small grooves in the floor linked, sat a shallow hole, an iron chalice sitting within.

Even as people entered the building towards Midnight, the designated time of the start of the fights, the Hostess strode towards the middle. Bellan was a tall figure, over 8ft, and rapier sharp in appearance with skin as pale as arctic ice. Her cruel smile revealed razored teeth and she throws her head back with a bloody thirsty roar, causing her pair of golden ram horns to gleam in the light. Her twin tails sway excitedly behind her as a pair of large ogre like creatures charge at her from the sides, getting ready to swing their massive hammers in unison, aiming to kill the Daemon-Queen.

Her motions seem to almost defy watchers' eyes as her right arm blurs to meet first one hammer, then the other. Instead of a hand, her arm is covered in wrought iron and bronze, ending in a long twin-bladed sword that crackles with chaotic energies. Even as the hammer heads fly through the air, severed from the shafts, she spins in place, going low and disembowels her opponents with an ease that shows her high level of skill. The two ogres fall to the ground, blood pouring even as she spins again, severing first one arm from each, then the other, and finally their heads as if she were merely making a gruesome puzzle to be put together again. Many of the observers cheer at the sight of her afterward, her Naval Captain's uniform covered in fresh blood, complimenting the deep red and silver of the design.

Her head held high, Bellan walked to the shallow hole to pull out the now blood-filled chalice and rose it high.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
    She shouts with bloodlust before tilting her head back and drinking the sacrifice.

When finished, she sets the chalice back and doesn't bother wiping her mouth before going to the North Offering and taking her place on her Iron Throne. Crossing one leg on top of the other, she gestures with her blade towards the audience.

The games have begun.

Contestants:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Blood-Pits

There's an ogre here. He's unarmed, though he's wearing a pair of incredibly large, spiked gauntlets, heavy steel boots, and spiked metal plates on his elbows, knees and shoulders. He's also wearing a pair of simple trousers. When asked, he'll give his name as Neoguts Thunderboots.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Sitting against a wall is a figure in a cloak. The cloak hides his body completely; face, back, legs, everything, as the cloak covers him from head to toe; the corss legged position, which can be inferred from how the cloak sits on his body, means he can hide the entirety of his form beneath it. Still, the massive hunch back is clear to see, and a single claymore, unsuited to his sitting position, lies across his lap still inside its scabbard.

Those who get a good look will only be able to see a pair of golden eyes looking out from within the hood, glowing in the darkness. He's not here to fight; merely to observe.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Among, the crowd is a man in dark red clothing, his face concealed in the hood of a long cloak that conceals the blades on his back. He is unarmored, and sizing up each of the others here. If asked, he gives his name as Nicolau.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-10-10 at 05:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

In addition to the throngs of other combatants, Jacques is around here somewhere. He's certainly not the usual sort of berserker that Khorne would favor. In fact, his usual forte is more under Tzeentch, what with the whole "planning" aspect. Still, he's competent under fire and capable of outmatching virtually any mundane human in a fair fight.

Less mundane individuals are still up in the air, though.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Neoguts Thunderboots snorts at the apparent cowardice of those around him, everyone unwilling to go first. So with a few strides and some moderate pushing, he's standing in the arena waiting for somebody to challenge him.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

A silent, cloaked figure happenes to be leaning against another wall. Tall and slender, a hint of white hair peeking out from under the cloak, and the tip of a saber scabbard peeking out from beneath the cloak's hem.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #8

A certain someone is fairly quick to meet Mr. Thunderguts. A thin man in a black suit without a word, a thought, or a care in the world. You might recognize him as Riverside's most prominent serial killer. You might also know of him through MURDER, the organization feared for employing that same murderous psychopathic bastard. He's got something of a rap sheet in Inside, prior to leaving the city for this one, and even killed a god of lightning once, just for kicks and giggles.

What Pumpkin, the gourd-headed slaughter golem drops into the ring, seemingly unarmed, but no less eager to kill someone than that smelly ogre is. His gloved hands are balled up into fists that lie dormant at his sides, fingers patiently waiting to be buried in eye sockets, palms anticipating the forced that would be required to snap the neck of a beast as large as Neoguts.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #9

Wearing a wide grin that betrayed her fangs, a fledgling stood at the edge of the engraved circle and was very nearly leaning over it as she watched the opening spectacle. While she was rather annoyed that this was a 'males only' competition, the side benefit of free food at least went a ways to assuage that. Still, watching would probably be fun all on its own so there was that as well.

Crouching and reaching out to grab one of the severed arms from a slain ogre, she soon had her incisors deeply embedded into the warm flesh. It wasn't quite as good as if it were from something that was still alive but it was still remarkably fresh and definitely more satisfying than her fare as of late. The arm wouldn't be discarded until it was a shriveled husk and even then that just meant that there was still a bit of marrow left in the bone. Really, given that it was a blood sport event, it was almost impossible to not expect at least a few vampires turning up. They might be hiding themselves a bit better than Ghoul was, though.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-10-10 at 09:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

Amongst the many bloodthirsty spectators and combatants, there is...

A rather ordinary looking individual who doesn't seem at all excited or interested in what's going on.

He also looks like a tramp, dressed in ragged, torn clothing. And he's also smells rather unpleasant. His hair is messy and filthy, and the same could be said for his face...and his hands...and his appearance in general.

So, yeah, he's here, watching the fight.

Probably got lost while drunkenly staggering about on the streets, or something.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"Wow, look at all the people in hoods? How can they expect to see the show if they keep their faces covered like that?" Billie remarks. She's in the crowd, drinking a bottle of wine, and ready to cheer on the combatants. Though she likes fighting, the whole 'to the death' aspect blunts any enthusiasm she might have had for participating. She likes living.

But watching? Oh hell yes!

"BLOOOD!" she cheers, as a fight seems ready to start.

Billie is seated about midway between the fighting ring and the back wall. Anyone who wants could be seated nearby.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

[Spectators]

"So, I take it you're a fan of bloodsport?" asks a voice from a seat possibly near Billie, where it seems one O'Connell, Patty, High Priestess of Angela has taken a seat. She looks a bit less eager for blood, skull throne, etc., but equally intrigued to watch.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

"Oh hell yeah!" Billie says. "Doesn't everyone?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

[Mid-Stands]

"Well, I'd suspect the losers might not be the biggest fans of it," the raven-haired priestess says dryly, but her lips do turn up in a smirk. "For an event like this, though, even that might be worth it. You could say it's once in a lifetime."

Laughing quietly at her quip, Patty nods. "Patricia O'Connell," she introduces herself, not mentioning her profession.

Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-10-11 at 09:50 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

Billie shrugs. "They wanna fight, they should be allowed to fight," she says. She takes the hand. "I'm Billie."

If Patty has magical senses that recognize a fellow priestess, she might notice a tingle of divinity around Billie, strongest around her earrings. But she might not. After all, this whole arena is devoted to a different god that neither woman worships.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

Patty might well be able to tell something, particuarly with the shaking of hands.
    "Well, I can certainly agree with you there. And it's good to meet you," she says, before raising an eyebrow. "Are you a cleric?"

...well, 'something' doesn't necessarily mean 'something right'...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

"A cleric? HA! Do I look like the sort of tomato to sit around a temple looking holy and healing people? No way, no how. What the horsefeathers made you think that?"
    Billie scoffs.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

Patty blushes a little at her misconception.
    "My apologies. It's just...well, I can sense divine magic, and that was my first presumption when I could tell you'd got some on yousensed a divine aura coming from you."

Of course, Billie might detect Patty's aura too...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

Billie can't. She hasn't been a follower / concubine / prophetess / or whatever of Dionysus long enough to really have any abilities or any real sense of what her connection to him allows her.

Plus she's drunk.

"Oh that's Dionysus, the God of Free Love and Free Will! The God of Wine and Wantonness! Of Booze and Blackjack! Have you heard of Him? He sponsored a massive city-wide party here!"
    Billie speaks with all the fervour of a True Believer.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

"Oh, that was him? I'd heard the rumours but hasdn't visited the city for some time," Patty says, getting a dissapointed look on her face. "Given that description, though, I get the feeling I missed quite the soiree."

She pauses, long enough to acquire a mug of ale from a passing vendor, then turns back to her somewhat sloshed companion. "I'd heard of Dionysus, but not in detail. I'm actually the High Priestess of Angela, Goddess of Lust," she explains, motioning to her holy symbol, a silver crescent moon strategically positioned on her necklace.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Arena #1

The ogre smiles (a hideous site; his teeth aren't in the best of health) and takes a few small steps forward, dropping into a professional boxing stance. He'll make a quick jab at What Pumpkin's pumpkin, to gauge his opponent's reaction time and responses.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Another contestant arrives, a large man under a sopping wet cloak that drags on the ground behind him, tattered and worn, a faded dull black almost a gray. His hair is long and unruly as is his beard, he looks to be more of a bum then a fighter unless one looks at his body. He stands just under six and a half feet and is built like a well defined barrel. A body builder in a hobo costume, except he isn't wearing a wig or fake beard. Unlike the other homeless looking man here at the fights, he doesn't have too foul of an odor. Having just recently swam out of the river, having ditched the ship he had stowed away on.

His name is Herman.

Herman clinks and clangs a bit as he walks, various knives and short blades strapped onto him under the cloak, not really hidden from sight. One large blade on his belt, it looks to be a hunk of metal beaten into the shape of a sword. No real hilt, it doesn't look that sharp and it is covered in nicks and scrapes.

Herman finds a spot to watch the fights until he can join. He tends to sit rather hunched up hiding most of size under his cloak.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

23. - Top - End - #23

Arena #2

Nicolai steps into the open, looking for a suitable first kill. He discards his cloak, revealing his face, partially concealed by what appears to be a respirator. His gaze lingers on Herman before he moves on. Two hookswords gleam on his back.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena #2

Oh hey look, Herman sees someone looking for a fight. Never one to disappoint Herman leaves the crowd to jump into the ring. He leaves his cloak on though he ties his hair back in a pony tail with a small piece of string. He looks over Nicolai and smiles.

"Hello. Ready?"

His hands start to drift inside his cloak.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

"Never heard of her,"
    Billie says. "Goddess of Lust? So do you work as a temple whore or something?"

Tact and Billie = not friends.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

A wild MISS MANNERS appears!
    Miss Manners uses TACT on Billie!
    It's NOT SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Patty looks more amused than offended. "Not exactly, no." If it was still Lunaria in charge, she might be. "More like...encouraging people to enjoy themselves, to press beyond their inhibitions, and not to be ashamed of themselves, their bodies, or their desires, as long as they cause no harm."

She takes a sip of the ale. It's (no doubt) very good ale.

"There's more to it than that, of course, but that's a good nutshell of it."

[Arena]

Meanwhile, the cloaked swordsman(?) steps away from the wall, slowly walking out into the middle of the arena, clearly seeking an opponent.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27

Arena #2

"Are you?" Nicolau's voice is obviously muffled by his respirator, but it come through. He raises a single hand to the hilt of one of his hookswords and takes a defensive stance.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena #2

Herman grins and his hand stops moving so slowly, quickly drawing out one of the daggers he has on his body he throws it at Nicolau, testing to see how quickly his opponent can react.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

"Sounds like a lot of work when you could just get them drunk," Billie says. She sees someone taking bets two rows down and leans down. "I'll put 50 gold on the pumpkin."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Mid-Stands

"Ah, but that could just be temporary until they sobered up, and they might well have regrets afterwards," Patty points out. "Not that a little wine doesn't hurt, of course. And I'll put 50 on the ogre." Just to be perverse!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew