New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

[A Time in Space]

"**** you moron. I was perfectly willing to help you until you started this ****. Keep it up and I'll have Zee eat your ass. And I don't even like her." He certainly won't keep his membership or position in the walls for long threatening the leader like this. Gordon might have been cowed, Rot might have sparkled in his pants, but Ilpholin will not put up with it. She's fought people more powerful than her all her life.

She turns to Huevo. "Since you're not interested in becoming a member, I can set you up with a sort of extended visitor's pass, and you can offer your wishes to the members at your leisure if you'd like. As you're offering a business proposal and all."

[Ilpholin's Office - Isabelle]

"That's correct. What is the purpose of your visit?" She asks. Magtok could send someone by for any number of reasons. Probably just to get rid of them though, so he didn't have to deal with them himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

That would work nicely, however can I get one that isn't relying on your continual existence. I'm not sure how long you'll remain alive with the normal actions for leadership of a evil organization.

Zee can't stop me, I'm not part of what she knows, and I put in too many back doors and anchors in place.

But i'm not mad at you. I'm crazy, not angry at you. Still some things to think about, I been in here for months, most of the security isn't smart, and if I wanted to you would be stuck in a little gem.

I am not Amen's foe, I want it to grow, thrive be powerful. And as of now if you thrive so does AMEN. Remember that.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

[In a Space Time]

"I'll remember that if you keep acting like AMEN's almighty decider of everything, I will have it declare all out war on you. And you can be hurt. You remember that."

Seriously, if the Thing in the Wall continues to act like he's acting, the next thread or two will be devoted to kicking his ass, and I'm reasonably sure no one wants that.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-07-04 at 07:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Halfling in the Playground

"I came here to join." In this case, Maggy handed Isabelle over to Ilpholin so he wouldn't have to deal with Cedric.

"And so did you, didn't you, Cedric?" Isabelle asks the lil' squirrel, which promptly shrieks at Ilpholin. Seems to be his way of saying hello. "Oh, that's just his way of saying hello. If he didn't like you, he'd be trying to find a nice juicy vein to tap into." Isabelle pats the little squirrel on the head.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin raises an eyebrow at the squirrel.
    "... I'll keep that in mind. Did Magtok go over anything with you already?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #336

"I think so. He suggested I get to work on some ferrets to help combat attempts to spy on AMEN. I don't think he liked poor little Cedric though."

The psycho-squirrel does his best to look sad.

He's not very good at it.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ferrets? So you're some sort of animal tamer? Have you filled out a form already?"

She declines to comment on poor little Cedric this time around though. She's sure Cedric will find some new friends soon enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #338

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Becky...doesn't back away!
    She just looks somewhat amused. Bemused, even, maybe.
    "...on the other hand, I think you'll just fit right in," she says with a smirk. "So, you're new here I take it?"
    "How'd you know?" Orrey asks suddenly, his head cocked to one side. His eyes are wide, as though he's amazed or startled or both. Though apparently this was just a very good facade - or his mood's merely swung yet again - because he smirks cruelly. "Well duh. Ilpholin hired me a couple days ago. AMEN needs its fix, apparently."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-04 at 08:31 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Crocodile Karyana]

"If you mean telling them about Prometheus's idiotic idea to attack Erin's, then yes, I did inform HALO of it,"
    Karyana answers calmly, tentacles shifting slightly, though it's hard to tell if she's simply trying to get more comfortable or moving into a position where she can fight more easily if she has to. "However, as I recall, Prometheus didn't have any sort of official permission for that stunt, and was, in fact, specifically told that it was a poor plan and he shouldn't go through with it, which makes it a personal project of his, and the information I gave them not AMEN information, simply information about an enemy of mine who happens to be an AMEN member.

Also, it seems you misunderstood me when I told you about this. I gave them the information not to protect HALO, but to protect Erin's, since goodwill from them could be extremely valuable to me and AMEN - admittedly, not as much as it might have been, since it was another AMEN member who attacked them, but hopefully it will at least mitigate some of the damage to our reputation with the owner -, Inside, since I live there, and in a nearby area at that, and didn't particularly care to see it take the kind of damage such a fight could inflict, and myself, since I was hoping to get rid of a potentially dangerous enemy. Revenge also played a part, since Prometheus had previously requested I be tortured for information, temporarily killed a good friend of mine, and his boss had ordered an attack on my house at one point.

Does that alleviate your concerns?"

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Space Time In]

Huevo will be given an associate's pass. It's better than a visitor's pass and has no clear expiration date, though it does prevent him from heading into restricted areas. Primarily security rooms and Atlantis. Other than that, he's free to sell wishes to AMENites as he pleases. Ilpholin will then head off to continue interviews and the like.

"Hmmm... mostly." Ilpholin admits.

"But it'd still be a problem should AMEN and HALO ever return to being in conflict. A distinct possibility. What would you intend to do in such a scenario?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

"Stay neutral, as best I can. I'd probably retreat into my dimension for a while with anyone I'm close to and can convince to join me, or something of the sort. Too many friends on both sides for me to want to get involved. At most, I'd do my best to pull friends, regardless of which org they were with, who got hurt out of the fighting and heal them."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-07-04 at 09:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

"Oh, I don't tame animals. I make them better. Cedric, won't you be so kind as to show her?" Isabelle asks the squirrel ever so politely.

Cedric shrieks as his jaw unhinges, his mouth opening seemingly impossibly wide for a squirrel, causing the coiled up mass of flesh inside to unfold into a loooong, thin tongue, with a short thin spike-like section at the end.

"I did that to him, and he's been my best friend and loyal companion ever since!" Isabelle grins as Cedric folds the tongue up again and his jaw snaps back into place. "I did fill out a form, yes. Magtok had a look over it."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin frowns a bit in thought.
    "Who at AMEN would you consider friend?"

Ilpholin... well... "D'awww... it's so cute!

Her fondness for highly deadly and creepy animals disturbs even me. *shudders*

"Might I see the form?"

Presuming she hands it over, Ilpholin will examine it a few times.
    "If you joined, what sort of materials and space would you need for your work?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #344

Isabelle seems quite pleased by Ilpholin's reaction, if that big ol' smile on her face is anything to go by. "I know! Isn't he? He's just adorable!" Cedric also seems pleased, letting out a pleased quiet hiss.

Isabelle does indeed hand the form over on request.

"Well, it really depends on how much space you're willing to give me. While my magic doesn't require the animals be opened up for it to work, I do have to open them up at first so I can see what needs changing and figure out how to do it. So, well, I need something large enough on to comfortably work on large animals. The more space you give me, the more animals I can poke around inside at once, and the bigger the animals I can work with. The tools to open them up would be handy too, as I imagine AMEN has better quality tools than the ones I've been using. But, again, I can work with as much or as little as you give me, really."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

"You, Becky, Megan, and Seltz,"
    Karyana answers quietly, after a moment of thought. "Cyrus isn't exactly a friend, but we've gotten along well enough in the past, so I would probably be willing to help him out as well, if I could, though he doesn't seem to be the type to need rescue that often. The Cat Burglar is also nice enough, so I could probably be persuaded to go get him if someone had to."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "How'd you know?" Orrey asks suddenly, his head cocked to one side. His eyes are wide, as though he's amazed or startled or both. Though apparently this was just a very good facade - or his mood's merely swung yet again - because he smirks cruelly. "Well duh. Ilpholin hired me a couple days ago. AMEN needs its fix, apparently."
    "Oh? A fix of what, exactly? What I need is a fix that gets Darcy back here so I have somebody to watch TV with."
    And the demon-tainted, skimpily-/tightly-dressed shadowcaster frowns...actually sounding wistful.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #347

"Anything you need, sugar. I've got something for everybody," Orrey growls happily, crossing his meaty arms and smearing one with blood from his hand. He does not seem to notice this. "What are you gonna watch TV for? So boring. Gods, this place is so boring!" Having suddenly decided AMEN is boring, he shouts this to the heavens, as if asking to be struck by rhetorical lightning by whatever cruel gods sway his fellow AMENites. "Whaddya say we do something fun?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey, don't knock Real Housewives of Inside unless you're a chick and have watched it," Becky shoots back, looking not disturbed at all by the blood, a cruel smirk forming on her lips. "And what, pray tell, would one such as you find to be fun?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #349
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagOffice

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    MagOffice

"I'm Jeanne, of the First Circle. Nice to meet you," Jeanne says. She has a faint aura of lust that she can't completely suppress. "I was thinking of joining up, but wanted to talk to a few of the members first to see if I'll fit in okay."

"Ah."

Magtok peers suspiciously at the air just over her head, wondering just whether or not lust auras are involved here. That's not the sort of hairdo he'd find attractive, after all. More along the lines of hilarious, really. Not that he'd ever tell her that...

"Say, out of curiosity, is there any way that you could turn that off?"

We both know what he wants you to turn off, Jeanne. Please don't ask and make everything a bazillion times awkward and worse. x=
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #350

"Two strikes," Orrey says with a too-loud laugh, breathing deep through his nose. He loves the way the air stings going in.

"I dunno. For tonight... I think I'll get in a fight with eight men and win. Then I'll make use of six whores for... three hours. Then, I want a sack full of whatever lame-ass drugs the dealers in Inside can scrounge up," Orrey says with a growly, intense voice. He leans down toward Becky. "Not in that order. Howsabout you?" He needs something interesting. Something that isn't just his usual fare.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-05 at 12:06 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Becky smirked. "For the last, you'll want to go to the Black Dragon's Den. For the second, I could go for that too since I can't have Pink, and as for the first, pfft. I thought you might be a real man who wanted a challenge," she declares, her grin growing.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #352
    Bugbear in the Playground

MagOffice

"Hello?"

Magtok peers out from behind the door, raising an eyebrow at the person on the other side. Oh crap, it's...it's that guy. Whats-his-name. The AMENite who did that...the thing, or something. Gods, Mag really needs to pay more attention to these people and stuff.
    I'm not sure what the thing, or something, Magtok is referring to could possibly be. The Cat Burglar hasn't done much of anything.

"Uhm, hi, Ilpholin told me to talk to you?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Becky smirked. "For the last, you'll want to go to the Black Dragon's Den. For the second, I could go for that too since I can't have Pink, and as for the first, pfft. I thought you might be a real man who wanted a challenge," she declares, her grin growing.
    Orrey looks seriously offended at such an untrue accusation! He's always up for a good fight. He uncrosses his meaty arms and goes to prod Becky in the shoulder. "A challenge. What? Twelve guys? Twenty?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

"Twenty sounds like a good minimum," Becky drawls, grinning. "Unless that's too many and means you might break a nail..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #355

"I don't like the way you talk to me," Orrey says, and it would be a flat statement were it not for the seething rage in his face. He looks about ready to throttle Becky. "Fine. Where the hell are we gonna find twenty guys to fight?" They could always walk into Trogs or BDD and start something...

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, well, if you want unicorns farting rainbows you could always go to WATCHTOWER, I hear they deal in fantasy there."

Oooh, burn!

"And I dunno. Maybe a tavern."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Becky could always try and find Darcy herself.

MagOffice

Spoiler
    Show
    MagOffice

"Ah."

Magtok peers suspiciously at the air just over her head, wondering just whether or not lust auras are involved here. That's not the sort of hairdo he'd find attractive, after all. More along the lines of hilarious, really. Not that he'd ever tell her that...

"Say, out of curiosity, is there any way that you could turn that off?"

We both know what he wants you to turn off, Jeanne. Please don't ask and make everything a bazillion times awkward and worse. x=

Jeanne winces. "Sorry. I really wish I could, believe me." She makes an effort and manages to suppress it a little more, but not completely. "Don't think I'm going to go running around here trying to sex up the place like Kal does. That is SO not my thing."

Becky is totally going to jump her.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Portal--->Biolab]

From the portal in the lab whence they went, they return. The 7 sins manage to finish the task, completely appearing human at that, and return to Megan's Biolab. It took them about half a day give or take to complete the task. Hey the time limit was 24 hrs so it should be ok. Damien has the power source in his arms and puts it carefully on a safe looking table and calls out to Megan.

"The task is done. I have your power source right here. Our parts done now right?"

((I'm assuming since we're not going to RP it, the team succeeded. If you don't think what I posted as the outcome is appropriate feel free to tell me in the OOC thread so I can either delete or edit this post.))
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

Isabelle seems quite pleased by Ilpholin's reaction, if that big ol' smile on her face is anything to go by. "I know! Isn't he? He's just adorable!" Cedric also seems pleased, letting out a pleased quiet hiss.

Isabelle does indeed hand the form over on request.

"Well, it really depends on how much space you're willing to give me. While my magic doesn't require the animals be opened up for it to work, I do have to open them up at first so I can see what needs changing and figure out how to do it. So, well, I need something large enough on to comfortably work on large animals. The more space you give me, the more animals I can poke around inside at once, and the bigger the animals I can work with. The tools to open them up would be handy too, as I imagine AMEN has better quality tools than the ones I've been using. But, again, I can work with as much or as little as you give me, really."

"Quality cutting tools, we don't lack. Space, however, is another matter. We've got a fair bit of it, no doubt, but there's been a large influx of science types interested in large amounts of space." They might consider expanding soon, just for a science specific wing.

"But I think so long as you're not talking about a herd of hippos or gaggle of elephants, we should be able to accommodate you reasonably."

"Do you think you'll be able to create the bug sniffing ferret you mentioned or something similar to it?"

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"You, Becky, Megan, and Seltz,"
    Karyana answers quietly, after a moment of thought. "Cyrus isn't exactly a friend, but we've gotten along well enough in the past, so I would probably be willing to help him out as well, if I could, though he doesn't seem to be the type to need rescue that often. The Cat Burglar is also nice enough, so I could probably be persuaded to go get him if someone had to."

"Hmm..."

"Well, go ahead and fill out this form and we'll go from there." Ilpholin says, sliding over a form from the first post to Karyana.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

((Yes, yes, Becky most certainly is.
    ..and she could go look for Darcy, but she's in three places already and I don't want further plotcloning. ))

To make this post IC, a henchman slips near the valcano, tumbles over the railing and Wilhelm Screams his way to a lava-y death!

Appropriately, this henchman's nickname was "Dorf".

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew