New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Yeah, well, if you want unicorns farting rainbows you could always go to WATCHTOWER, I hear they deal in fantasy there."

Oooh, burn!

"And I dunno. Maybe a tavern."
    "We better find some guys fast, or I'm gonna make do with you," Orrey threatens, looking toward the door. "Come on. I've got a bike. You can point the way." Whatever tavern Becky wants to lead him to, feel free to post there!
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Office - Crocodile Karyana]

"Hmm..."

"Well, go ahead and fill out this form and we'll go from there." Ilpholin says, sliding over a form from the first post to Karyana.
    And, shortly enough, the form is filled out and returned, albeit with a minor alteration, after which the vampire waits quietly for Ilpholin to look it over

Name: Karyana cas Timoliir kynet Loarna (etc.)
    Sex: Variable.
    Species: Arcane Vampire.
    Profession: Fleshcrafter.
    Reason for joining AMEN: It's rather complicated. But my reason for rejoining is simply that I liked it here, so I want to hang around.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Species creation (including a loyalty compulsion, if desired) and item fabrication. Healing and enhancement of physical capabilities are also fairly easy.

As far as personal skills, I can shapeshift, and I'm a fairly good fighter in my combat forms.
    References (Victims preferred): Most of them are incapable of speech or insane. But I suppose checking through the hospitals in my home dimension for certain individuals with rather unusual physical forms might work.
    Past Experience: Six years working as a fleshcrafter.
    Other Information: Nothing relevant that you're not already aware of.

3. - Top - End - #363

[Ilpholin's Office - Isabelle]

"Quality cutting tools, we don't lack. Space, however, is another matter. We've got a fair bit of it, no doubt, but there's been a large influx of science types interested in large amounts of space." They might consider expanding soon, just for a science specific wing.

"But I think so long as you're not talking about a herd of hippos or gaggle of elephants, we should be able to accommodate you reasonably."

"Do you think you'll be able to create the bug sniffing ferret you mentioned or something similar to it?"
    "Oh, there's very little science in my work. It's all magical. I've had to make all kinds of new spells to get the desired effects. After making the basic list of changes, I then have to create a specific variant for each new type of animal. And I'm constantly finding new ways to change things!" Must be a big ol' spellbook that Isabelle carries around with her.

Or, since she doesn't have it on her, she must presumably store it somewhere.

"Well, it might take a little while. I mean, I sort of know what the ferret needs to be able to do, but I'll probably have to work with some science-y people to make sure I haven't missed anything. In the end I am confident that I can make enough ferrets that are thorough enough to keep AMEN bug-free."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "We better find some guys fast, or I'm gonna make do with you," Orrey threatens, looking toward the door. "Come on. I've got a bike. You can point the way." Whatever tavern Becky wants to lead him to, feel free to post there!
    Becky rolls her eyes, looking singuarly unimpressed. And leads the way to the Black Dragon's Den!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

MagOffice - Jeanne

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    MagOffice

Jeanne winces. "Sorry. I really wish I could, believe me." She makes an effort and manages to suppress it a little more, but not completely. "Don't think I'm going to go running around here trying to sex up the place like Kal does. That is SO not my thing."

Becky is totally going to jump her.

Oh good, Magtok wasn't wrong about the aura thing being there. That would've been a nightmare, to say the absolute least.

"Glad to hear it. Between him, the Moffs, Becky, and some dopey vampire kid I haven't seen around here in a while, sometimes this place is almost as bad as Watchtower."

Hrm. Magtok is clearly the grumpy, no-fun, complaining authority figure here in AMEN. Take note of this, Jeanne; it'll probably be on the test later.

"Of course, that's only when we're not busy, I mean. Ilpholin's been doing a lot to keep this place moving, to avoid letting that sort of pointless nonsense occur, and aside from a couple roadbumps and some people who don't post often in their own plot threads, it's been going pretty well. Anyways, as you've heard, I'm second in command, name's Magtok, and-"

Magtok halts mid-sentence, blinks, and takes a moment to rewind the conversation in his head, before frowning in a terribly perplexed manner at Jeanne.

"Hold up. You saw me, as in my clones, MagClones, in the Hell that Kal, the demon dancing around half-nude outside this room and not expecting the razor-monster coming to get his scalp, the hell that he's from? Is that what you said?"

Oh gods, the afterlife is going to suck.

MagOffice - Cat Burglar

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    I'm not sure what the thing, or something, Magtok is referring to could possibly be. The Cat Burglar hasn't done much of anything.

"Uhm, hi, Ilpholin told me to talk to you?"

I don't have any idea either, really. I'm not sure if Magtok the Character is even referring to anything at all, in fact, or just futilely trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about.

"What'd she ask you to talk to me about?"

Right to the chase, Cat Burglar. Let's find out if she was just trying to get rid of you, like Magtok was with the Sins and Isabelle, or has a legitimate reason to send you his way, which would put her head and shoulders above Maggy when it comes to things like leadership and responsibility.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-07-05 at 10:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #366

Main Room

A white haired, red shirt, with white tie, and white pants walks in. He going and sits down in the one of the chairs and stairs at the TV, with blank dull red eyes.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

MagOffice

If that's the case, Maggie's doing a better job than the Cat Burglar, who never sounds like he's a clue what he's talking about, even, nay, especially when he actually does.

"Uhm, I'm supposed to set up a communications network for AMEN, and, well, Ilpholin said I should talk to you about it." This is not one of the cases where the Cat Burglar knows what he's talking about. Or rather, he knows just enough to know that his lack of technical skills makes him pretty much irrelevant to this assignment.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    And, shortly enough, the form is filled out and returned, albeit with a minor alteration, after which the vampire waits quietly for Ilpholin to look it over.

Ilpholin does look it over.
    "What was your original reason for coming here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Oh, there's very little science in my work. It's all magical. I've had to make all kinds of new spells to get the desired effects. After making the basic list of changes, I then have to create a specific variant for each new type of animal. And I'm constantly finding new ways to change things!" Must be a big ol' spellbook that Isabelle carries around with her.

Or, since she doesn't have it on her, she must presumably store it somewhere.

"Well, it might take a little while. I mean, I sort of know what the ferret needs to be able to do, but I'll probably have to work with some science-y people to make sure I haven't missed anything. In the end I am confident that I can make enough ferrets that are thorough enough to keep AMEN bug-free."

As far as Ilpholin is concerned, that's pretty scientific. But she won't debate the fine points.

"So why did you first get into changing animals to make them better? Any particular goal in mind you have with that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

MagOffice

"Well, yeah. Not in Lust, no. But there's one of you in Pain - some kind of war hero I think. And I'm pretty sure there are some others of you in the other circles - Pride, Treachery, you know. Name your sin, we've got a hell for it."
    Jeanne says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #370

"Oh, well, have you ever just looked at the animals all around us and thought about them? I mean, they're so poorly designed! So...useless! Silly little squirrels sitting in trees eating nuts, fat birds that have as much grace in the air as a brick, dogs that pee on things and drool on people! And cats-" Cedric lets out an angry shriek at the mention of cats. "Lazy, good for nothing, stupid animals!"

...I don't think Isabelle is very fond of cats.

"Well! Since whatever made all these creatures did such a poor job of it, I decided to devote my time to making them better. Somebody's got to fix them, so why not me?" Isabelle probably leaves a trail of angry deities in her wake. They're probably not very happy to hear someone say they did a poor job of things. "I had a lot of problems initially, you know. It was a nightmare trying to sneak animals in to work on without getting caught, and my professors got rather concerned. Silly old fools, content to settle for a regular parrot when they could have one that breathes fire. They tried to stop me a few times, you know. Eventually I had to have Cedric kill the more persistent ones. But then they figured out that it was my doing, so they kicked me out." Or, rather, she ran for her life while being pursued by a horde of angry wizards, witches, warlocks, and assorted other magical people.

This would also imply that Cedric is rather old for a squirrel. Isabelle looks to be in her late twenties or early thirties...

Seems she made sure her best friend would stick around for a long time.

"I don't have a particular goal, I suppose. It's not like what I'm doing is ever going to be completed. There'll always be more animals to improve, more ways to improve them... Eventually I do hope to start some sort of breeding program, try and help some of my improved animals grow in number, thrive in the wild, and get rid of the boring "normal" versions."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #371

MagOffice - Cat Burglar

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    MagOffice

If that's the case, Maggie's doing a better job than the Cat Burglar, who never sounds like he's a clue what he's talking about, even, nay, especially when he actually does.

"Uhm, I'm supposed to set up a communications network for AMEN, and, well, Ilpholin said I should talk to you about it." This is not one of the cases where the Cat Burglar knows what he's talking about. Or rather, he knows just enough to know that his lack of technical skills makes him pretty much irrelevant to this assignment.

Magtok fights back the urge to groan in frustration. It's not the poor kid's fault, Maggy. Go easy on him, he doesn't know how much of a dope he really is, and kicking the boy in the chin isn't going to fix anything.

"Did she explain what this communications network is supposed to do? Are we talking about walkie-talkies here? Phone lines? Secret radio signals connecting the main base, Atlantis, and those gnoll peoples for swift emergency broadcast stuff? I need specifics here."

MagOffice - Jeanne

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    MagOffice

"Well, yeah. Not in Lust, no. But there's one of you in Pain - some kind of war hero I think. And I'm pretty sure there are some others of you in the other circles - Pride, Treachery, you know. Name your sin, we've got a hell for it." Jeanne says.

"Oh, okay."

Magtok relaxes slightly. Only slightly, though. Hell is still Hell, no matter how you look at it. Still, it's good to hear there's still a place for Maggy's sort of irrational, impulsive, and needlessly risky battle philosophy even in the underworld, though. Infamy and greatness need not end in the passing from this world to the next and whatnot.

"So how much experience do you have fending off desperate, half-mad, amorous ladies with a cattleprod? You being the one with the cattleprod, that is, not the ones with the overactive libidos."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

MagOffice

"No, so far, I've just been trying general rudeness, and if that doesn't work, promising to meet them in a room and then standing them up."
    Jeanne says. "The problem with the cattle prod is that some people consider it a form of foreplay."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's... delightful..."
    No, no it's not.

"Well I believe that's all I have to ask of you at this time. I will consider a creature made to sniff out bugs and such to be your personal confirmation as a member. Once that's done, you'll have full normal member access." Not that people waiting to be confirmed don't anyways. All the same, her references are a bit more difficult to deal with than others, what with being animals.

"Just make note now that Mister Squiggles, the spider, is not to be touched. And I think the Cat Burglar might take offense if you use his cats." But Squiggles is a definite off-limits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin does look it over.
    "What was your original reason for coming here?"

[Ilpholin's Office]

"One of the members - a talking flower named Stu - had chosen to go back on a deal with demon. Said demon chose to hire an associate of mine to retrieve him, and this person delegated the task to me.

While here, various events - most notably, the discovery of a bugging device under a couch - made it prudent to join, though it was less effective than I'd hoped at keeping me safe from the other members,and maintaining my cover, as it was after this that Prometheus ordered me tortured, in the process of preventing which I was forced to shapeshift several times, thus revealing that I was not what I had appeared."

15. - Top - End - #375

MagOffice

"Shoot, that's right. I'll have to try the standing up thing next time, then."

Magtok stands up, reaches into a cabinet built into the desk, and then pulls out what looks to be the most bizarrely-misshapen ray gun to ever grace the Nexus with its nonsensical ridiculousness.

"Until then, though, I think I'm a little behind on my mayhem and wacky shenanigans quota. Do you think anyone in Trog's would mind being unexpectedly shot with a transformy ray and turned into a flopping, useless mermaid? Because I think that's what I'm going to go do now."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #376

There is a slight chance that Isabelle has several screws loose.

Indeed, one may wonder if in fact all of her screws need tightening, or if perhaps several have fallen out entirely.

"Well, I'll get to work on your anti-spy ferret right away then!" Isabelle looks very eager. Probably because it means performing horrible acts of mutating magic on another animal than because it'll make her a full member. "...uh, wait. Who is Mister Squiggles? How would I recognize him? He's not a ferret, is he?" The cat burglar cat thing isn't an issue, but Isabelle wouldn't want to anger the head of AMEN and get kicked out.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

MagOffice

Jeanne's eyes brighten, and her lust aura momentarily strengthens. "Oooh! I imagine they will mind very much. Can I help?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #378

MagOffice

Au contraire, the Cat Burglar knows precisely how much of a dope he is. Hence his chronic lack of confidence.

"Well, sort of. Something along the lines of, uh, along the lines of a secure network so that everyone can communicate over distance. I guess micro-transmitters or something? Something small that people can always have on them.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-07-06 at 06:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379

MagOffice - Jeanne

Magtok shrugs, not slowing down for even a moment, walking right past Jeanne as he goes towards the door. "I dunno. Can you point a gun at things and pull a trigger? Set off a big magical explosion to mark our entrance? Or maybe throw smelly fish at people who've been transformed? Or something else along those lines? If so, sure."

That lust aura suddenly shot up, didn't it? Yes, that's what just happened now. It wasn't something else, because Magtok isn't dumb enough to find freaky devil girls with preposterously dumb hair attractive, even ones with the sense to know an awesome supervillainy scheme when they hear one.

...Crap, this is so confusing. Better get an anti-magic helmet or something soon, or working with this person is going to be the most awkward, frustrating, and uncomfortable thing ever.

MagOffice - Cat Burglar

Magtok raises an eyebrow, puzzling over that statement for a few moments before venturing a guess as to what Ilpholin wants him to do. "So the thing from the Metal Gear Solid games? Tiny little communicator you can talk into without anyone hearing, and it's also in your ear where nobody can get at it?"

Magtok glances down at the desk for a moment, bites his lip as he thinks over how he'd do such a thing, and then looks back up at the unassuming nitwit standing in front of him.

"Sooooo, umm...how'd she expect you to be of any use to me on this project again?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #380

MagOffice

"Ummmm...."

There's really no good answer for that, but hell if the Cat Burglar doesn't waste a solid ten seconds umming and desperately trying to find one.

"I... really don't know." He finally admits, looking understandably a tad bit embarrassed about being called out on it. "I just mentioned that I thought we could use a com network and, uh, well, miss Ilpholin told me to set one up and get your help and so here I am..."

21. - Top - End - #381
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - The Hatteress]

Ilpholin's outfit is more designed to accentuate the real distraction.

"Alright. I believe that's everything I needed to ask. If you had any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise, perhaps we should go see this invention you mentioned you wished to show me?"
    [Ilpholin's Office -to- Transit -to- The Mad Hatter's Laboratory]

"Oh! Splendid!"

The Hatteress concurs, eyes still fixated on admiring Ilphy's general musculature. Ilphy does sound as though she's taken marvelous care of herself, despite all the trials and trouble she's been put through. Too bad she doesn't work in a primarily academic field (though AMEN is increasingly conforming to that mold) else she could pummel any of her colleagues if they gave her any trouble. That's not to say that she couldn't do that in her current station, merely that it would be much, much easier with people who don't, stereotypically, work out.

The Hatteress rises from her seat and attempts to lead the way out of Ilphy's office, moving with a purpose and pausing only to hold the office door open for Ilphy, assuming that it isn't currently operating on automatic mode.

"Our research here hasn't been stymied by any moral scruples, so we're further along in experimentation and implementation of this revolutionary concept than any other team in this plane, we predict."

Wow! The Hatter's den is might be extremely close to Ilphy's office with today's layout of the base! How fortuitous! That possibly greatly expedited the journey, it seems! Maybe they're already at the door of The Hatter's domain!

"Before we forge further ahead, I must request that you remove your shoes. We will issue you boots which you must wear while you are inside. This is merely a precautionary protocol designed to minimize risk of damage to your feet and legs in case of acid spillage or other similar exposure to caustic chemicals. We'll also give you a lab coat to slip on over your work clothes. Don't want to ruin it, after all."

Roxanne gestures to Ilphy's costume with a sweep of her hand, mildly embarrassed that she has to be the one to bring this whole overcoat safety measure up. Disappointed too. She does enjoy Ilphy's style, no doubt as Ilphy intended all onlookers would, although Roxanne would never come out and say that she does outright.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

And there Zefir got some fluid in his face. As he waves it away he notice the knock out influence.

"No. You didn't" he says in panic.

He stugles backwards to avoid her grabs more walking like a drunken man. Then he starts giggling, changing it to laugth while slowly reaching a fanatic way of laugthing. as he falls backwards he roles on the floor still laugthing out loud. That can't be good.
    [Main Room]

Clarissa vigilantly watches over Zefir as he rolls on the floor laughing out loud. Hmm... Well, this wasn't supposed to happen. Even her chaos magic wouldn't have failed at its primary purpose. Not on your typical human or half-dragon...

Oh gods. He was holding back some critical information, wasn't he? This is bad. Very, very bad. He didn't tell her something that was absolutely vital to his survival. Dang it! She should have probed his mind instead of assuming that he'd level with her!

"Why'd you have to lie to me, Zefir?"

She inquires regretfully before attempting to bring her tails aloft to attempt to clamp down on several pressure points of his body that should, by all rights, knock him out for anywhere from a couple minutes to dozens of hours.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

MagOffice - Jeanne

Magtok shrugs, not slowing down for even a moment, walking right past Jeanne as he goes towards the door. "I dunno. Can you point a gun at things and pull a trigger? Set off a big magical explosion to mark our entrance? Or maybe throw smelly fish at people who've been transformed? Or something else along those lines? If so, sure."

That lust aura suddenly shot up, didn't it? Yes, that's what just happened now. It wasn't something else, because Magtok isn't dumb enough to find freaky devil girls with preposterously dumb hair attractive, even ones with the sense to know an awesome supervillainy scheme when they hear one.

...Crap, this is so confusing. Better get an anti-magic helmet or something soon, or working with this person is going to be the most awkward, frustrating, and uncomfortable thing ever.
    "Big magical explosion... not my strongest point, and it will be only an illusory one with lots of noise and light and not a lot of shrapnel, but it should at least get everyone's attention." Jeanne says. "I can do all that other stuff too. Even the smelly fish thing. Can't be worse than sulphur and brimstone."

Jeanne follows right behind, ready to cause suffering and mayhem in the name of entertainment!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[Ilpholin's Office]

"One of the members - a talking flower named Stu - had chosen to go back on a deal with demon. Said demon chose to hire an associate of mine to retrieve him, and this person delegated the task to me.

While here, various events - most notably, the discovery of a bugging device under a couch - made it prudent to join, though it was less effective than I'd hoped at keeping me safe from the other members,and maintaining my cover, as it was after this that Prometheus ordered me tortured, in the process of preventing which I was forced to shapeshift several times, thus revealing that I was not what I had appeared."
    [Ilpholin's Office - Karyana

Oh yeah. Stu has demonic irresistiblity when it comes to women and super demonic luck.
    *glances at Stu*
    I think that's just proof that some people can not be helped and the demon didn't uphold his end of the bargain on account of being absolutely unable to do so.

"So, after getting tortured or nearly tortured, what made you decide you liked this place?" Seems like the type of thing to get people to leave here rather than stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

There is a slight chance that Isabelle has several screws loose.

Indeed, one may wonder if in fact all of her screws need tightening, or if perhaps several have fallen out entirely.

"Well, I'll get to work on your anti-spy ferret right away then!" Isabelle looks very eager. Probably because it means performing horrible acts of mutating magic on another animal than because it'll make her a full member. "...uh, wait. Who is Mister Squiggles? How would I recognize him? He's not a ferret, is he?" The cat burglar cat thing isn't an issue, but Isabelle wouldn't want to anger the head of AMEN and get kicked out.

"Mister Squiggles, the spider." Ilpholin repeats. "He's pretty big. You'll know him if you see him." One of those kind of hard to miss things. In the 'oh Lolth it's a giant spider I'm going to die' sort of way.

[The Mad Hatter's Laboratory]

"If you could direct your attention a bit further down than my chest, you'll note that I'm already wearing boots." Boots are extremely useful as a footwear choice.

"But if you have some sort of acid resistant boots, fine." She'll wear those instead. After looking at them and the lab coat thoroughly for hidden needles and other traps.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #384
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mad Hatter's Lab]

Ouch! That stings! Roxanne can't help but wince in the face of Ilphy's scathing remark. Woah. This is...flustering. 'S enough to ruffle Roxanne's feathers, or so to speak.

"Um..."

The Hatteress nervously pipes up.

"These boots should protect your feet better than shoes from the outside. I mean, if you'd like, we could supply you with a size that could fit around your other set of boots, but we simply can't permit boots that aren't regulation as there is the distinct possibility that they won't stand up to the more extreme environments we keep in there that we cannot overlook. We'll give any areas that contain items that could adversely affect your latex clothing a wide berth."

"Speaking of, how do you manage to keep your latex garments in such good condition? I tried to, uh, maintain one once on furlough but it ripped straightaway."

With a lightning fast full-body scan of Roxanne, Hatter's door clicks open. Roxanne reaches inside and proceeds to extract clean white high ankle boots and a sparkling white lab coat. They aren't trapped or rigged to explode at all. Roxanne slips on her own set and waits for Ilphy to step inside of the scholarly temple.

25. - Top - End - #385

Shayan's Lab

After their time at the hospitals, Shayan is ready to speak with Cin about something mildly important that seems to have been bothering her. So, she's set aside some time between taking inventory and reviewing her notes on the process to speak with him privately in her lab.

"I'm not exactly certain how to phrase this, but I think the first thing I should do is give you some history, so you can make an informed decision. I need some advice on a fairly odd subject, and I'd like to hear from you, first and foremost. If nothing else, I know you can be objective about these things."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

Cin leans against the wall of the room, a bit intrigued as he takes a sip of his coffee. "I'm willing to listen to anything you say. By this point, I believe it's the very least I can do. You've been such a gracious host to me."

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Main Room]

Clarissa vigilantly watches over Zefir as he rolls on the floor laughing out loud. Hmm... Well, this wasn't supposed to happen. Even her chaos magic wouldn't have failed at its primary purpose. Not on your typical human or half-dragon...

Oh gods. He was holding back some critical information, wasn't he? This is bad. Very, very bad. He didn't tell her something that was absolutely vital to his survival. Dang it! She should have probed his mind instead of assuming that he'd level with her!

"Why'd you have to lie to me, Zefir?"

She inquires regretfully before attempting to bring her tails aloft to attempt to clamp down on several pressure points of his body that should, by all rights, knock him out for anywhere from a couple minutes to dozens of hours.
    [Main Room]

The man stops rolling on the floor looking at Clarissa with tears of joy in his eyes. A moment pass. The man appears like he would vomit something and can barly hold it. The tears running down his face as he opens his mouth and a much louder crazier laugth comes out. Holding his bally with one arm he hits the ground with his other arm still laugthing.

"You Muhahahahahaha thought Hahahahahahah he knows?" could maybe heared by her as he laugths.

While hitting the ground it seems like the floor's stones move and jump up. Each stone seems to either block or reflect the attacks of the tail. This could either be bad luck for Clarissa or be on prupose.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #388

Shayan's Lab

Shayan smiles pleasantly, drawing short bangs back behind her ear, "And you such an amazing guest. Well, let's get right into it then, shall we?" She takes a deep breath to steady herself, and then launches into her tale.

"I was born to a village just as the last village oracle died, and the elders took this as a sign I was to be the next. After being taken from my mother, I was subjected to training to fill the role, which amounted to little more than a regimen of drugs that played havoc on my health and mind. It worked to their satisfaction though, and for a few years they had the visions they required to plant crops, till fields, and sacrifice goats at the proper times." Her voice warbles near the end, but she keeps going after a short pause.

"Even though the psychotropics nearly destroyed my ability to feel without them running through my system, I still get emotional remembering that time. Eventually, I saw my own death on the horizon, the drugs I was under would finally waste me away to nothing. It was the first prediction I actively worked to make false. I told them to plant a carnivorous, barely understood plant to protect their fields, and then once they were mature, walked into them and let myself be consumed. I wanted to die on my own terms."

"So, when the village elder revived me, then branded me a devil in human guise for my new appendages, I flew into a rage. They attempted to cull me, but no blade could finish the deed. Finally, I learned enough coordination to strike back, and there was very little left of the village when I was finished exacting my retribution." She stops here, waiting for judgement, or any reaction at all. The next part would be far easier to relate to, now that he knew the first.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Shayan's Lab

The professor sips his coffee as he listens to the story, frowning at the appropriate parts. At the end, he attempts to reach out and take her hand reassuringly. "I'm not sure I can say that I understand what you went through, but I truly am sorry that you did. Is there anything I can do to help?"

30. - Top - End - #390

Shayan's Lab

"You can help me make a choice. Although the drugs are no longer available to me, the remnants of them are still in my system, and I still receive visions. Increasingly though, the moments where my lucidity is lax and time slips by my eyes are fewer and farther between. I've been able to force it by synthesizing the pollen my plant half creates internally without ill effect, as the sedative was one of the ingredients in those herbs, but I'm wavering on whether or not I should. What I want your opinion on is simple. Should I allow the last traces of these drugs to slip away without incident, and live with dulled emotions? The prospect is somewhat daunting. When I feel myself start to lose my grip on my feelings, I fear that they won't return. The ability to think logically is dear to me, but also terrifying because of what comes with it." Real fear, although muted, dances behind her eyes.

"Today, at the hospital, I should have known that that man was going to convulse, leading to his death. It was the first time my visions had failed to inform me of such a major event in time to change things." That's also worrying. As much as she despises what her visions came from, she's grown to rely on their presence to supplement her faculties. Without them, she feels as if blinded or deafened to the future.