New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

AMEN Grounds
    Isabelle will find that Megan is walking towards her.
    The catgirl scientist has been wanting to meet her for a bit now, and has finally gotten a chance to!
    "Hey! Are you Isabelle?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #542
    Halfling in the Playground

[Amen Grounds]

"Hmm? Oh, yes, I am. Hi! Say hello, Cedric!" Isabelle smiles as her pet nightmare-squirrel does his customary greeting shriek.

What a charming little critter he is.

"And you are?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #543

AMEN Grounds
    "I'm Megan. The...second prominent scientist here? Magtok's the first in my opinion, and then I'm second! I don't think there's any other scientists here anymore."
    "Those mechanical panthers inside AMEN? Those are mine."
    ^_^
    She rubs her head awkwardly.
    "So um...I kinda want you in my lab. Like...to work with me, and stuff."

((I forget and I'm lazy, is Isabelle part of AMEN?))
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #544

[Amen Grounds]

"Oh, well, that's nice...but I'm no scientist." Although her outfit may suggest otherwise. Maybe. Hard to say if it looks more like mad science or something out of a horror movie. Maybe a horror movie about mad science?

Something like that anyway.

"So I don't think I'd be of much use to you really. I don't know anything about science-y stuff. Your mechanical panther things are a complete mystery to me." Isabelle is much happier making nightmare-squirrels and the like.

((She's not a full member of AMEN yet. Has to finish her ferret work before she earns that.))
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #545

AMEN Grounds
    "Well...I don't exactly know magic or whatever you're doing is called and...since you know that and I know science, we could help each other out. I've been held back in a number of things because I'm more of a scientist than a wizard...so I could use your help. And plus, you'd get to work and live in a huge lab. You'll get your own area to work in and you'll be able to be free of any pressures of someone stealing your stuff as my lab is completely secure. You'll also gain access to nearly anything you require to do your stuff too!"
    "So um...do you want to come be in my lab? I'll even get you a proper bed with feather pillows and stuff too! Things you won't find in a basic AMEN room!"
    :smallgrin:
    Megan can promise all of this because of her constant sales of weapons to people, an endless supply of any raw materials she requires from
    Karyana, and dozens of turrets in the walls in her lab to repel thieves
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #546

[Amen Grounds]

What a peculiar person...

Isabelle has a slightly amused smile on her face. It's...almost cute, how little Megan appears to know about magic. She tries to put an arm round the catgirl and give her a gentle pat on the shoulder, "Oh, dear, I don't think you understand. It's nice that you're eager to try and work together with me so we can help each other, but I really don't think I'll be of any use to you. See, magic isn't as simple as just waving your hands and making all sorts of crazy things happen. If it was, I wouldn't need to do any research on each animal before making changes to it. I know a fair amount of magic, but aside from a few spells for my own personal protection, everything I know is for manipulating and adjusting animals."

Cedric, not being fond of all this talking, lets out a slightly irritated shriek and hops off Isabelle's shoulder to go poke around AMEN a bit on his own.

"And if I'm of no use to you, it'd hardly be fair to take up any of your valuable space, would it? Besides, the only thing of value I have is my spellbook, and people don't really care about making animals better so I don't think there's any danger of that being stolen, and even if someone did try, I have a few things in place to keep it safe."

7. - Top - End - #547

BioLab
    Megan slides Isabelle's arm off of her shoulder.
    "So is that a yes or a no..? It doesn't matter what kind of magic you know, I simply need someone who can understand it even a little. Because I don't. Not one bit."
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #548

[Amen Grounds]

Hmm...

Isabelle sighs and lets her arm drop back down to her side. Well, she'd tried to say no nicely, but, then again...

Sure, she may not know much in the way of magic that'd be directly useful for those weird mecho-panther thingies, but she was always a quick learner, so she could at least provide guidance and advice with magical things in general.

"Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt..."

9. - Top - End - #549

AMEN Grounds -> BioLab - Another Time
    Megan turned and stretched.
    "M'kay then. I'll go clear a space for you then. If you want you can move your ferret stuff into there now, or you can just come once you're done. Whichever you prefer."
    "As for me, I'll just be there working."

And then she walks back to the BioLab! And does indeed clear a proper area for Isabelle to do her stuff in!
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #550
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    BioLab:
    Megan nods.
    "That'd probably be a good idea..."
    The panther dodges underneath her and unleashes a blast of fire up at her.
    Biolab: Testing Area

Julianette mentally connects with Zediniah so she doesn't do a beam attack.
    The fire hits and burns fur in the target area but does little else, the fur grows back. If the room is tall enough she will stand on two legs then try to hit the MP with a flurry of claws.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

11. - Top - End - #551
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilphy's Office]

Yeah, Ilpholin has that whole no drinking anything given by other people. It's a wise drow policy. Flowers would have gone over better, no doubt.

"Uh-huh..."

Well after selling Marciano so little for so much and getting it all upfront, Ilpholin's not nearly worried about the budget anymore. Still every little bit means another lab space for someone new.

"Well it's all right here, so case closed."
    She'll close the case and put it aside.

Ilpholin looks to the Hatter, knowing there's more.
    [Ilpholin's Office]

Yes! Why, there must be more that Santa The Hatter has prepared, even though I'm sure that Ilphy hasn't been the apotheosis of a good person this year! For a drow, however, she's been extremely well-behaved!

The Hatter reaches down into the depths of the wagon, ultimately procuring a mechanical glove patterned after the bone structure of the human hand and placing it on the table before Ilphy.

"This is something fun. It's an invention that proves how dated relocating over long distances is. No longer do you have to pick things up with this little number! Nope! You direct it at something and tiny magnetic particles branch out under it and pick it up for you! Caution: don't use this on people that need to breathe. The particles make their way into a person's lungs through inhalation and kill them. Perhaps you'll find that useful. Alternatively, you could hypothetically use this device to hurl chunks of magnetic particles at someone's chest like a shotgun. I don't endorse that feature of the product publicly, but I'm sure that you might find that handy!"

"Get it! Handy!"

>.<

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

Well.. Seems like she is angry isn't she?

In the moment of the blackout and while glass rains down Chaos creats a shield out of the earth around him. He's not dump and uses his abilities to pass through the floor allowing him to move away. Not that he wants to escape, but well even he knows things like that can't be good. So the laser will likly just his a stone doll who breaks immediatelly as it reaches the wall.

After she fired her laser and maybe notice that it was just a doll she might hear chaos speak up once again. The voice seems to come from everywhere.

"My. My. My.
    Your temper is smaller than an ant... or an elektron? Well, Force won't be the way to solve your problem. If you want I can offer you a trade. But only smart people would do that so I wonder if you even listen to it."
    [Main Room]

Yep! Clarissa is fairly furious at Chaos for snatching her friend's body and being disrespectful to herself and her organization.

Clarissa crosses her arms and flashes a nasty full-toothed smirk. Pridefully, she chuckles with arrogant glee.

"Yes, it would seem that we are at quite an impasse here. When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, such things are bound to occur. But you speak of a trade. I am not opposed to a trade, if the conditions of the contract are tempting enough."

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

Ilpholin can no longer respond to the puns. Any more and the pun police might literally crash through the wall and silence everyone.

"So... essentially it gives a person limited telekinesis and force choke capabilities?"

That's what she understood from all that anyways. >>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

And that'd be terrible.

Anywho!

"That sounds about right, yes. It is an upgrade from no telekinesis and it doesn't take up much space or restrict one's movements. Further, it doesn't need to be implanted in someone, like most telekinesis augmentations available on the open market."

An unmentioned perk is that it makes one's hand sort of look like it belongs to Darth Vader! And doesn't every evil leader need some affiliation with the glorious Sith Empire? Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun, dun, dun-dun!

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

"That's very useful, thank you." Ilpholin says, moving to take the glove, examine it thoroughly for secrets and lies, before trying it on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #555

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    Biolab: Testing Area

Julianette mentally connects with Zediniah so she doesn't do a beam attack.
    The fire hits and burns fur in the target area but does little else, the fur grows back. If the room is tall enough she will stand on two legs then try to hit the MP with a flurry of claws.
    BioLab
    The panther dodges again, it's new systems were working nicely.
    Its spiked tail crackles with electricity as it stabs at Zediniah. Enough electricity was present that it'd tase a creature of her current size.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #556
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

Secrets and lies! Le gasps! That's a tall order to search for! Well, if Ilphy were to deconstruct the glove, she'd discover that the chips controlling its infernal internal super nanocomputers are marked with the label "C.A.K.E." Everyone knows that C.A.K.E. is a lie!

But seriously, the device isn't rigged to blow or programmed to inject her with needles when she slips her hand inside of it or anything. She'll probably figure out that it has another functionality, however!

It is incredibly well-insulated against electrical shock, extreme temperatures, and blunt trauma and is likely designed for her non-dominant hand. Motors built into the glove also might have the capability to double or triple Ilphy's grip strength in case she ever found it necessary to hang onto the wing of an airplane in flight or anything for a dramatic exit to a crime! It should also conform to the shape of her hand like any regular old leather glove.

This reminds me. Clarissa totally needs to eventually give Ilphy an uber-chaos-weapon of mass destruction like she promised so long ago!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-07-17 at 06:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

Ilpholin flexes the hand a little, feeling the strange oddity on it. How weird. Though she's no stranger to gloves when appropriate.

"Well then. Shall we get started on the actual interview or did you have something else you needed to show me?" Ilpholin asks, preparing a form just in case. Using her newfound telekinesis, so it's a bit awkward.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #558
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

"Actually, I do have one final gift for you. I swiped it from my coworker because it is something that you might find invaluable in a bind."

The Hatter's hand slips into an inner pocket of his jacket, cautiously extracting something which he attempts to roll across the table to Ilpholin within the minute.

It is a device that functions much like a Star Trek hypospray vial, which is basically a medical syringe that doesn't make use of a needle to transfer doses of medication to a patient and therefore leaves no puncture holes. It is even able to administer treatment through clothing!

"That's a blend of combat stims and nanobots. Powerful medicine. It'll up your reflexes, temporarily upgrade your muscular strength and endurance, and expedite your healing processes. It can even clean your blood if your kidneys fail, for a limited period of time."

"But there are two costs to using this stim. It is highly addictive and it injects nanobots into your bloodstream. Good news is that we can filter the bots out of your bloodstream within a minute back at the labs. Bad news is that you have nanobots in your bloodstream until you get back to the labs. I wouldn't want any robots swimming through by capillaries either, but when that stim is all that stands between you and death, you'll thank me."

The Hatter will now attempt to take the offered membership form and begin to fill it out.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

"I'll keep that in mind." Ilpholin says, certain she's going to do everything to keep herself from ever being in a situation where she actually needs to use it.

All the same, she adds the vial to one of her utility belt's pockets.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

Boilab

As the tazer electrocutes Zediniah the beast disappears in a puff of smoke. Zediniah falls on the floor and lands on her rump buck naked. A very audible growl can be heard coming from her stomach. She blushes and apologizes.

"Sorry bout dat, I guess dat made hungrier tha' I thought it would."
    She rubs her stomach in hunger.

"Let me explain. Zediniah, Damian and Algian run on a specific form of energy to function. Damian needs hunger, the more he wants to eat his opponent the better he gets at battle, Zediniah needs anger, the angrier she gets at an opponent the stronger she gets, Algian needs sleep, the more sleep he gets the better he fights.

Also another thing, their transformations eat up a lot of calories. The bigger or more complicated the transformation is the more calories it takes to perform and maintain. Zediniah took on a big form as opposed to Damien's simple one and was therefore unable to maintain it for long.

"I kinda fergot abou' my limits there."

"Would you like me to replace her to continue your test?"Einjelstein offers.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

21. - Top - End - #561
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office]

Nobody'd blame Ilphy for that desire. Withdrawals from that particular stim can be severe, and implantation of nanobots is no fun at all!

Minutes later, The Hatter attempts to return a fully filled-out form to Ilpholin!

Geeze he's got the handwriting skill of a doctor! A doctor of medicine, no less! The darn thing is barely legible! That's just one of the many downsides of caffeine patches.

((OoC Preface: His character sheet is outdated and most of the info on it is incorrect spare his physical description. He didn't turn out to be the character that I initially thought he would.))

The Hatter's Membership Form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Kohan Ganjji Hanorai The Mad Hatter
    Sex: Male
    Species: Kiroshandian
    Profession: Inventor Extraordinaire; Master Thief (Specialty: Buildings); Staff Relations Ninja
    Reason for joining AMEN: To have fun and make a livable wage.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: I'm a pioneer of cutting edge technology who can sometimes get away with stealing entire buildings. I'm also best buddies with my bro living in the walls and entertain other AMENites every once and again with fun group activities.
    References (Victims preferred): Chezchire; Owner of Eternal Library; Almost the Moon; Those Who Said It Couldn't Be Done; Those Who Scoffed; Defenders of the Ships of the Imperial Navy
    Past Experience: Some time spent at AMEN and a good six or seven years at a research institute back home.
    Other Information: Likes coffee. Likes tea more than coffee. Should create tea patches as an alternative to coffee patches. Realign and rework the transmitters to...

Every single word that follows in the Other Information section of the membership form is either utterly illegible, nonsensical, jargon, or seemingly random and rambling.

A rough technical draft of a hard light spork has also been sketched in a margin of the form.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Main Room]

Yep! Clarissa is fairly furious at Chaos for snatching her friend's body and being disrespectful to herself and her organization.

Clarissa crosses her arms and flashes a nasty full-toothed smirk. Pridefully, she chuckles with arrogant glee.

"Yes, it would seem that we are at quite an impasse here. When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, such things are bound to occur. But you speak of a trade. I am not opposed to a trade, if the conditions of the contract are tempting enough."
    [Main Room]

Thats the way I see a chaos making all others mad at him cause he twistes around just the way he wants, mostly in the opposite way of the people.

"It's very easy. You just need to find me a propper body. A human body, someone who is able to use Magic on his own. And for that I leave this body and change back what I did here."

((This could either be an NPC or another PC.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #563

BioLab
    "No...that's okay. The panther has been tested enough...now I've just got to upgrade them all."
    "Anyways, if you guys are hungry I could make you something to eat."

The panther walked away, going back to its holding dock.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-07-18 at 06:51 AM.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #564
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biolab

"That's nice of you, thanks. Damian, Algian and Zediniah will probably have to hunt though, what they eat is measured in tons. They don't just eat calories they eat Kilocalories."
    Julianette explains. Think of the three like characters in the Toriko manga.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

25. - Top - End - #565

BioLab
    "Eh...they probably won't. I make most of the meat I eat in this lab so I could just make enough so they can eat their fill..."
    She opens the fridge and looks around.
    "So what are you guys hungry for?"
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #566
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biolab

"The power of technology."
    Einjelstein murmurs.

Julianette wakes up the other two.
    "Just a plate of rice and any viand you have for me, Einjel and Andre and Baron. Meat for the rest."
    She asks if there is anything she can help with. so does Zediniah after she wraps herself in fur as she was naked after turning back into human.

""Where's Boss at?

meanwhile......

Amen Grounds

Damien walks around somewhat lost as there is no map whatsoever of the place. The only person he met during his wandering was Kal and that was hours ago. Thankfully he didn't run into a Moff but he thought he would at least met some other members of the place.

"Well I'm lost and bored.... and kinda hungry."

Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

27. - Top - End - #567

BioLab
    Megan gets them what they want!
    She also makes herself a nice fishburger.
    Which she devours
    "I think Damien is just wandering around AMEN..."
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #568
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biolab

"He's probably lost without a map. He'll be fine, I think."
    They all set down to eat their meal though they're not sure whether to call it Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. They haven't seen a way to tell the time in the place.

While eating Andrellux asks,

"So what is AMEN up to these days? We're just completely new mooks around so we'd like to know."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

29. - Top - End - #569

BioLab
    "That's why you don't know anything, because you're just new mooks. You've only been a part of AMEN for a little over a day, we're not going to just tell you everything."
    "Here at AMEN, it's a need to know basis. And there's not a thing I think you need to know right now."
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #570
    Dwarf in the Playground

Boilab

"So orders will just come out every now and then? Its not that we want to know everything just a little but but if that's how it works then ok. "
    Not much else is said during the meal. Zediniah and Algian eat through metric tons of food, I'm guessing cloned, in minutes. Eijelstein flicks a hand and the utensils and plates are cleaned and cups if there are any. With another flick they are piled up, plates here and cups there etc.

"Call us when something needs doing."

Algian sleeps on his bunk bed and so does Zediniah and Baronux. Einjelstein and Julianette warps to the dream plane to do something. Andrellux does nothing in particular.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element