New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

[Ilpholin's Office - Wolfgang]

"Of course, why else would I ask?" Wolfgang takes the form and pulls a pen from his pocket, before getting to filling it out:

Name: Wolfgang Hirsch
    Sex: Male
    Species: Human
    Profession: Research scientist
    Reason for joining AMEN: No other organization would really allow my methods.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Expertise in chemistry, human biology, theoretical physics, and various forms of engineering.
    References (Victims preferred): Victims of my work aren't much able to speak. If you wish for someone to verify my work, you may speak to one Claus von Stauffenberg.
    Past Experience: I worked for the Greater German Reich's weapons projects during the war. My efforts led to our army's victory.
    Other Information: N/A
    Once finished, he slides it back towards Ilpholin.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin rolls her eyes just a bit. "It was rhetorical."

She looks over the form. Not too elaborate.
    "So Mr. Hirsch. Chemistry, Biology, Physics, AND Engineering. That's quite a lot. How did you learn all that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yet another person comes up to AMEN! Maybe to join, one hopes. Yay!
    ((I figured that posting in Riverside would take too long, and I didn't have anything planned out.))

Walking up the magical volcano of AMEN to get to the main entrance, there is another guy. Well, actually, a woman. She has her hair in a short ponytail. She has a scabbard across her back, with a beautiful sword in it. Unfortunately, due to the rust and dust and other things growing the hilt and the scabbard together, it looks like the sword hasn't been used for a long long time.

She's not drop-dead gorgeous. She's not super-pretty, either. But she's thin, not ugly, and she has a scar going down her left cheekbone, starting at her eyebrow.

She reaches the door (hopefully), and looks at it, wondering aloud, "Now, how in the world am I going to get it?" She knocks on the closed door, hoping someone can hear her.

4. - Top - End - #664

Wolfgang clears his throat before answering. "Most of my training was via the University of Weimar, but I had to learn a lot about engineering by personal research, as I was brought into research teams before I could learn much about it."

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Entrance

The door opens to reveal, while a ginormous spider. Like, a giant, you can fit 3 people comfortably on its back spider.

It then proceeds to chitter at the scar woman.
    Chitter chitter.

"So... normal study?" Ilpholin says, raising an eyebrow. "A bit unusual for humans to specialize in more than one field of science, isn't it?" Especially things as unrelated as biology and physics.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #666

Main Entrance

The woman, whose name is unknown so far, smiles as the door opens. "Finally," she says to herself, before knowing who's there.

Oh.

It's a spider. "Hello," she responds. "You'll have to forgive me, though. I don't speak Arachnid. Or any other language like that, for that matter," she adds.

"Although, one of my old friends had eight legs."

The woman with the scar on her face shifts her weight onto the other leg. Her expression is a little weary and tired and annoyed. "Maybe you're a pet of somebody's. Could you go fetch someone who speaks plain English?"
    "Pretty please with sugar on top?"
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-07-22 at 12:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #667

"Oh, without a doubt," Wolfgang says. "I pursued those fields because I was interested in them, as impulsive as that sounds. And later, because I needed to in order to assist the war effort."

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Entrance

Mister Squiggles chitters some more. Chitter chitter.
    Before heading off.

A little while later Ilpholin appears. She is a draegloth or demonic drow. Small ram-like horns extend from her head and her tail ends in a spade like tip. The rather beautiful drow wears a skin-tight catsuit that leaves just enough to the imagination to be sultry, though admittedly not very much. She has piercing red eyes that lie in stark contrast to her short purple hair.

"Yes?"

"Yes. What can you tell me about this war you went through?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #669

Main Entrance

The unnamed scar-faced woman is neither intimidated nor attracted. She just pulls the bulk of her weight off the one leg, and balances herself in a steady stance.

She gives a large, cheesy smile. "Hello, good lady," she says. "I have been traveling for several long days, in search of such and such, etc, and so on, and I have come across this beautiful fort upon this volcano here, and blah blah blah, long backstory and moral angst and hard choices and so on and so forth, and I decided to stop here, and to just make a long story short and cut to the chase, I would like to join up with this group called AMEN." She makes hand gestures as she talks, especially when she says "blah blah blah", she makes her right hand make "talking movements", opening and closing the hand as if it were a mouth talking. Maybe some sarcasm can be picked up throughout the sentence.
    However, she seems sincere when saying she'd like to join up.

"What shall I do to join up? Who do I have to talk with?"

10. - Top - End - #670

"Most call it the Second World War. It was a conflict between my nation of Germany, allied with a couple others, and an alliance of three other nations. The war was waged for about ten years before we won. Anything in particular you wanted to know?" Wolfgang asks.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-07-22 at 12:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Entrance -> Ilpholin's Office

"Hmm... follow me." Ilpholin says, motioning for the woman to follow. Presuming, of course, that she does indeed follow, Ilpholin will lead the unnamed woman to Ilpholin's rather under-decorated office. Sitting behind the desk, she motions at one of the chairs available. "Have a seat."

Ilpholin thinks for a moment before replying. "What was the war about and how did your projects help your side to win?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-07-22 at 12:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #672

Main Entrance => Office (Woman with a scar)

The nameless woman follows the horned drow. She goes all the way to the office, and sees an empty chair. I call this one, she thinks, under her breath, and then sits down in it.

"So, I assume that you're one of the leaders around here?" she asks, as most non-leaders don't have offices. However, she doesn't say The Leader, because of the rather undecoratedness of the office. It probably doesn't even have any 6-ft tall trophies or anything like that.

((My next post will probably be my last for tonight...)) (Or, if not, then this one is.) Deadtime right now...
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-07-22 at 12:59 AM.

13. - Top - End - #673

[Ilpholin's Office]

"In short, the war was about retribution. Our nation was wracked with various penalties from a previous war that we were forced into. The German people had been pushed time and again, and we started to push back. The Allied Nations didn't like that, in short, and we came to war."

"Now, the projects I spearheaded allowed Germany's army the techonological advantage it needed when it lacked numbers. Our weapons fired plasma instead of bullets, our armor protected soldiers from tank shells, and we became unstoppable."

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office - Scar

No six foot trophies at all.

"I run this organization, yes. I'm Ilpholin. My second in command is Magtok, a cyborg." Pretty much the only one they got, so hard to confuse.

"The process is fairly simple. You'll fill out this membership form," Ilpholin says, sliding a form over. They can be found in the first post. "Then I'll conduct an interview. After that, you're on a sort of probationary membership during which we'll do a more thorough background check. After which I'll decide if you become a full member or not."

"And what are your research methods that wouldn't be allowed elsewhere?" Ilpholin asks.

((Deadtime))
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-07-22 at 01:03 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #675

"A lot of my research into weaponry requires human test subjects, and if personal experience has taught me anything, it's that a lot of people tend to be skittish about that."

16. - Top - End - #676
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room - Plane of Chaos]

An invisible wall seems to block Clarissa from her attemp to get Zefir.

"Not so fast. I'm still in his body and unless this is done you would just kill his mind and allow me to have two bodies. Just wait and watch these deals need time."

It's not all true what he said, but the risk that his words are true may be to high for her to go through. Either way Chaos will go over to Zefir and search for something in his bags. it seems the wall didn't hold him back. If nothing happens Chaos wil pick up a spear and a vial out of the bag. Then he also grabs into Zefirs head through his ears taking a few papers.

"Just his last memories. You don't want him mad against you right?"

Clarissa rears back and attempts to lash out at the invisible wall with one world-splintering punch. If all goes to plan, she should effectively breach the wall.

If that attempt works out in her favor, she'll trot on over to Chaos, if she can, and do her best to remain within an arm's length of him to act as a deterrent against him pulling any funny stuff.

"I don't think he'd be especially upset about me extracting you from his mind and ridding him of you."

Clarissa brutally retorts, recrossing her arms and impatiently drumming her foot against the ground.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilpholin's Office-Hatter]

"Then why did you mention making a wage as a reason for joining AMEN?" Ilpholin asks. It's most curious.

"And are you saying you weren't a member of AMEN before this?"
    [Ilpholin's Office - Hatter]

"It was one of the reasons why I first signed on with AMEN. Or didn't sign on, as the case may very well be. A dream that was never fulfilled, mind you, but I'm no worse off for it, I assure you. I had little in terms of financial assets, and now I'm well off and doing what I love. The transition from then to now matters little given the end result."

The Hatter recites in a none too argumentative way. He likes his job and he has a fat wad of spending money.

"As for your second question, sort of. I didn't take any of the blood oaths that most members did, but I was held to the same standards as all y'all."

"Hee! All y'all! Hahaha!"

He's losing his focus again!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-07-22 at 11:44 AM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

"Before coming here, did you go to any other Nexus-based organizations?"

[Ilpholin's Office - Hatter]

Shame. That puts him distinctly in the category of new member applying rather than old member confirming. Shouldn't be too much of a change, granted, but certainly not as fast.

"Tell me a bit about Kiroshandians. What are they?"
    Ilpholin had heard it from the Hatteress, but wants to hear the Hatter's version.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #678

Wolfgang hmm's before answering. "I went to that Watchtower place, but they didn't seem as interested in their stated goals as they want others to think."

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

"Did you offer to assist them with your research?" Ilpholin asks, raising an eyebrow, wondering what happened there. "Or did you just decide not to because you didn't approve of their conviction?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #680

[Ilpholin's Ofice - Wolfgang]

"The latter. My research wouldn't be of much use to people who wish to stop apocalypses anyway."

21. - Top - End - #681
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ilphy's Office - Hatter]

So a decision on whether or not he'll remain a member is in order, then. Not too bad of a penalty. At least his soul-thingy probably won't be forfeit if/when he keels over.

"Kiroshandians?"

The Hatter echos, collecting and sorting his thoughts.

"Ah! Mutts! Yes! Kiroshandians are the mutts of the cosmos! We're hybrids of just about everything out there. Well, not everything, but a lot of things, at the very least. Not all from this plane, either. Most of us are able to transcend space and all mortal planes, sometimes even time itself. We're more of a club than a species, as many of us aren't even humanoid. We have our specialties and moments where we're almost as close as kin, but we don't mingle much as we have the potential to mess up reality if too many of us are in one place at one time. That's why the number of us allowed in any cosmos at any given time is highly restrictive and highly regulated."

"In summation, we're weird."

((Deadtime for a few hours.))
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-07-22 at 01:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Ofice - Wolfgang]

"Is there anything in particular that you're researching now?"

[Ilphy's Office - Hatter]

"Regulated? Regulated by whom?" Ilpholin asks. She had thought the company that would regulate them got hit rather hard by the Hatteress. Or maybe she misunderstood things.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #683

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Clarissa rears back and attempts to lash out at the invisible wall with one world-splintering punch. If all goes to plan, she should effectively breach the wall.

If that attempt works out in her favor, she'll trot on over to Chaos, if she can, and do her best to remain within an arm's length of him to act as a deterrent against him pulling any funny stuff.

"I don't think he'd be especially upset about me extracting you from his mind and ridding him of you."

Clarissa brutally retorts, recrossing her arms and impatiently drumming her foot against the ground.

Well she shouldn't act so brutal if she really wants to have a ... Zefir who is ok. After braking the invisible Wall she might get knocked back by an orcane wind.

"Oh girl. We are in my worls... ok we are in his mind." He points at Zefir "But as the owner I arrange the designe. And I take away the memorie of you pass out stuff."

He still has the paper in hand .

"Oh and you should tell him about half dragons who want to kill him in Trog.. maybe they fear him."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

Flying Fiasco

"I have one. Do we have a way of getting there besides myself ferrying us up one by one?" Not that she minds, but it would be easier if everybody can get onto the flying castle without needing Nephrim to carry them up. Because then they can get down again and, if necessary, Nephrim can escape without being accused of abandoning her team-mates.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #685

"My research is mostly in safe methods of trans-dimensional travel as well as untraceable poisons. I'll admit that I've had to slow up since I arrived in the Nexus, but that means little."

26. - Top - End - #686

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Flying Fiasco

"I have one. Do we have a way of getting there besides myself ferrying us up one by one?" Not that she minds, but it would be easier if everybody can get onto the flying castle without needing Nephrim to carry them up. Because then they can get down again and, if necessary, Nephrim can escape without being accused of abandoning her team-mates.
    Flying Fiasco
    "Well um, that's why I'm here. I wouldn't be good in a heist, so I'm just reminding everyone that if they need something I can probably provide it. Like a jetpack for example." =I
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #687

Flying Fiasco

As the team are discussing the heist an certain blond woman approaches them. "If you have any questions about the heist I'm here to answer them, my master have faith in your abilities." She states monotonously as she gives them all a brief look.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

"Is that how you got to the Nexus? Testing Trans-Dimensional travel?"

Flying Fiasco

"Where would be the best place to enter the castle Cybil?" Ilpholin asks, figuring it might help determine what sort of flight they'll be needing.

"Jet packs might work, though may be a little loud depending on the landing zone and stealth levels the team want."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #689

"That is correct. The machine we used had been deemed stable, so I thought it prudent that I would be the first one to use it. It got me here easily enough." Wolfgang says, then lets out a short and quiet laugh. "Unfortunately, the way back that I had created was destroyed as a result of moving between dimensions. It wasn't repairable - at least, not without the tools I had used to build it."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do you wish to go back?"
    The tools probably could be found here, even if it took some work to do.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast