New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

[Ilpholin's Office - Wolfgang]

"In time, perhaps I will. But this place is far too fascinating for me to just leave it with no records of the knowledge and anomalies that it holds."

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see." Ilpholin glances back at the form for a moment before speaking again. "Who is Claus von Stauffenberg?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #693

"Von Stauffenberg was a colonel when the war started, but became Germany's chancellor about... oh, six or so years ago."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

"And if he's back on... Earth was it? How would I be able to talk to him?" Ilpholin asks, raising an eyebrow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #695

"Unfortunately, that's impossible until I can create a replacement for the return device. Shouldn't be too difficult, I remember all the blueprints and only need some materials."

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin frowns and makes a mark on the form.
    "Do you have any Nexus-based references? Someone I can actually talk to or visit?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #697

"To be honest, no. I suppose you could talk to a few people at Watchtower, or perhaps the woman who minds that bar - Trog's, I think it's called. But they wouldn't be able to tell you much." Wolfgang lays his hands on his lap.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-07-22 at 09:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

Drats. There'd have to be some other way to check him out then.
    "Tell me a bit more about these poisons you're developing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #699
    Orc in the Playground

AMEN's Gates

If one is walking up to a Fortress of Evil, one usually doesn't have such a jaunty manner about him as does the red headed man doing so now. Usually wide, toothy grins are absent as well. But really, who knows what is considered 'usual' here?

The man wears a faded red jacket, with many pockets, and ripped grey jeans. His boots are covered in frozen mud, and there appears to be bits of twig and dirt in his hair. His eyes are cold and lifeless, and his skin is unnaturally pale. Although he appears strong and muscular, it is also apparent that he has not eaten for quite some time, for he is thin and his muscles have started to atrophy. It doesn't seem to bother him, though, as he stares around like a tourist on vacation. He wears a large knife on each hip, tucked securely into his belt, but is otherwise unarmed. One rather odd thing is that his clothes and hair seem to be very stiff, almost as if coated with a thin layer of frost. The fact that a chilly breeze follows him as he walks is another indication that he may be more than he appears.

Grinning widely, he approaches the gate and slams on it with his fist repeatedly. He keeps on hitting it again and again, unceasingly, his smile fixed on his face. Then he gives a massive twitch and steps back, blinking rapidly. He seems confused for a moment, then shudders and proceeds to wait for his knocking to be answered.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-07-22 at 11:57 PM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #700

Flying Fiasco
    "Well, I could just make them using the same design the thrusters on one of my inventions use. It gives an appropriate thrust while remaining silent." =I
    That's what she was planning on in the first place since jetpacks tend to be quite noisy.
    "And um, Cybil? Do you know anything about where the valuables are? And how they might be protected?"
    That'd probably be good to know too.
    Then you know whether you should try picking the lock or melting it with a laser
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Flying Fiasco

"Megan. I understand your exorbitant enthusiasm to help, but since you are not going, please let us discuss the details with the people who are, without interrupting questions that we're going to get to anyways. THEN, once planned, the people who are going can talk to you for assistance, ok?"

As it is, Megan is being a tad overbearing. She's not going to be forgotten, but she doesn't need to volunteer equipment every step of the way either.

AMEN's Gates

An eye pops out of the nearby wall!

Greeting: Welcome to AMEN!
    Query: What is your business here?
    Query: Would you like some cake?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #702
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flying Fiasco

The earth vampire doesn't say anything until Megan and Ilpholin seems to be finished arguing.

"The defense is centered around the entrance underneath the castle, the vaults and the holding cells all being on the bottom floor. The vaults are divided into ten sections, each one separated by a wall, to get between them you need to pass the entrance which connects them all. We just need to get into one of the vaults however so if you have enough blasting power you could make an hole in the side and enter from there and then seal of that vault from the entrance once you're inside while you unload the vampires through the hole. Otherwise you need to fight through all the defense or enter through the windows at the top floors, but then you need to go through the entire castle. You want to avoid the center section where the gardens of Ysa are considering what they're growing there. In either case, vault one and two are on the north side of the castle and that's the ones you like to get into."

Cybil explains, pausing to take a sip of water after that long wall of exposition.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-23 at 10:24 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703

Main Room

Hey look, it's Magtok! And some sort of enormous, inexplicably attractive fish flopping about in his arms! He tosses the devil-trout onto the couch, cringes as he turns away, muttering something about how dirty and foul and absolutely wretched he feels, and then dashes away towards his quarters, abandoning the fish to whatever fate might have in store.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #704

"Where I come from, no poison is impossible to trace. They usually break down to their base components, but it can be gleaned from those that someone was poisoned. My aim was to create a poison that was completely untraceable."

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

Cue the appearance of Kal with a sharpie in his hand, as he attempts to... draw a penis on the fish's face! BWAHAHAHAHAA!

[Flying Fiasco]

"Yeah, I might need some help on the flying front. Because I can't." Says Kal. And he's not gettin carried by no demon, either.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-07-23 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

Main Room with a Sturgeon

Unless Kal's artistic talents are especially bad, he is successful in his graffiti attempt. Jeanne the Sturgeon swats at Kal indigantly with her tail and tries to speak in Infernal, but her fishy mouth make her words unintelligible. One can guess that it isn't complimentary.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #707

MagOffice

"Oh, uh, okay. Great. Bye!" And with that he's gone! Finally, finally gone!

Flying Fiasco

The Cat Burglar raises his hand.

Some days even I wonder if he's entirely serious. >.<
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Orc in the Playground

AMEN's Gates

The cold man takes a startled leap backwards as the eye appears, then peers at it warily. He approaches it slowly, moving forward until his face is only inches away from it. Then he laughs, and seems to relax.

"I'm here in order to send greetings to your leader. It's customary to say hello if you're new on the block, yeah? Well, I speak for someone who wishes to get over her inevitable conflict of interests with you." He pauses, thinking deeply for a second. "And only if it's coconut."

This must truly be a tortured man under the grip of some evil spell, if he desires coconut flavored cake.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Flying Fiasco

"In terms of defenses, there are gargoyles, humans with artifacts and weapons and such, and wards near the vaults. The wards are pretty standard magic stuff. Humans are a bit of a wildcard. The gargoyles have skin tough as stone, but aren't actually made of stone. They're also resistant to magic."

"We'll have to get Kal and the Cat Burglar jet packs then. No real way around it." She nods at Megan.

Ilpholin looks at Cat Burgler incredulously. Really? Really?
    "Yes?"

"Have you made any progress on this poison or is it still an idea?"

AMEN's Gates

Acceptance: You may enter. Follow the foreboding red arrows. Your cake shall arrive...... shortly.
    The door swings open! On the ground several big red arrows of doom light up and point the way that he should probably follow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #710

"I have made some progress, in tacking down potential compounds and performing some animal testing. I'd rather keep most of it confidential until this interview is concluded, however."

21. - Top - End - #711

Flying Fiasco

"Umm.. Right. Uh, I think, that, if we're going to break into the vault directly, we shouldn't use explosives. There's, well, it would just make too much noise, too much light, bring everyone running... Um... Yeah. If we do that, then why bother with stealth at all?" Demolitions has it's place and all, but not when you're trying to avoid being noticed in a highly guarded facility. "I do know a guy, who knows a guy who could get us semi-silent explosives if this can wait a few weeks, but, er, if that's not an option, I would say that our best bet would be to use laser cutters? Er, I dunno, maybe, uh, Megan could provide those?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-07-23 at 07:24 PM.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room - Plane of Chaos]

Well she shouldn't act so brutal if she really wants to have a ... Zefir who is ok. After braking the invisible Wall she might get knocked back by an orcane wind.

"Oh girl. We are in my worls... ok we are in his mind." He points at Zefir "But as the owner I arrange the designe. And I take away the memorie of you pass out stuff."

He still has the paper in hand .

"Oh and you should tell him about half dragons who want to kill him in Trog.. maybe they fear him."
    [Main Room - Plane of Chaos]

The irascible Clarissa braces herself as she is bumped backward several feet. She raises a hand to block some of the wind to keep it from tousling her hair.

"Can it and hurry up. You're a mania and without you dominating his mind, I'm sure Zefir will be fine."

Clarissa knows that Zefir can handle himself, most of the time. She thinks that he wouldn't have survived the Nexus this long if he couldn't whip a couple of "bozos" into shape.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilphy's Office - Hatter]

"Regulated? Regulated by whom?" Ilpholin asks. She had thought the company that would regulate them got hit rather hard by the Hatteress. Or maybe she misunderstood things.

The company couldn't enforce that level of control over everything it came into contact with!

"Some greater beings, we theorize. Gods and goddesses, if you will. The pantheon of god or goddess probably differs from cosmos to cosmos, but we can't be too sure of that."

"Whatever it is, we surmise that it regulates our numbers because the cosmos couldn't possibly endure more than twenty Kiroshandians at any given time."

"We're just that awesome."

23. - Top - End - #713

Flying Fiasco
    Megan marked down: 'Two Jetpacks' on a memopad.
    "Um yeah, I can provide laser cutters. Well, I can provide a high powered one time use portable laser to cut through feet of stone and steel, cause I don't know what you mean by laser cutters..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah. Ok, well see, we have a problem on that end." Ilpholin says. Might as well be straightforward about it now. "See, we have no way of proving any of what you've said is true. Can't go to your world, mind control your closest friends, and get them to say that yes, you are a pretty cool guy."

"And you've done no particularly evil work here in the Nexus, so there's no evidence on that front either. You've got something of a blank slate."

"While that's not a bad thing, in and of itself, it poses a real security risk to just let anyone with blank slates walk in and join up. As such, those people generally need to provide something to show that they are devoted to... AMEN's interests at the very least. For instance, one lady who works with mutating animals is producing some very special ferrets for us."

"As of yet, I have not found anything of such a nature that you have to offer though..." And therein lies a problem.

"Uh-huh..." In other words, they just don't know. Oh well.
    "You mentioned you've had 'fun group activities' in the past. What does that mean in particular?"

She's guessing tea parties.

Flying Fiasco

"You don't have to go in silent if you don't want to. That will be entirely up to the three of you, as well as what equipment to take and any other relevant decisions, so long as the job gets done. Unfortunately, it does need to be done within the week, as this is also a sensitive diplomatic matter. Efficiency and expedience is expected of us, and therefore, of you." Ilpholin elaborates a bit. They can go in however they choose.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #715

Flying Fiasco

"Either way, if you like to get undetected, you first have to pass the gargoyles and the wards, not to mention that people can actually look outside." Cybil adds.

26. - Top - End - #716

Flying Fiasco

"Uh, yeah, that's a laser cutter. A laser that cuts. A... cutting thing that uses laser." Jeez Megan. You call yourself a scientist and you don't even know that?

"Well, I still think we should do this sneaky, but, well, that's just me, really sorta up to everyone. Uhm, in any case, I would like to know more about these wards?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-07-23 at 08:16 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Orc in the Playground

Through the Gates of AMEN

The red headed man closes one eye as the red arrows appear, bending down to examine them. He then sets off down the path they show, keeping his eye tightly shut all the while. The interior of the building seems to hold no interest for him, as he concentrates on the arrows. Actually, he seems to be trying to step only on said arrows, something made harder by his lack of depth perception. How intriguing.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's office - Red head

The arrows eventually lead to a door.

The arrows themselves are little more than directed light from the ceiling. Indeed, crouched over as he is, he covers some of it up, distorting the arrows.

When he gets there, he may also find a drone dropping a cake on his head. Literally.

Here's your stinking coconut cake. It says before turning to fly off.

I, uh, guess it took offense to his particular flavor of choice.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #719
    Pixie in the Playground

"Uh-huh..." In other words, they just don't know. Oh well.
    "You mentioned you've had 'fun group activities' in the past. What does that mean in particular?"

She's guessing tea parties.

Well, if they knew that I was the one pulling their strings, they wouldn't be too happy about it! So I wove a cryptic mystery that protects me and prevents them from beating me up!
    And Ilphy is right on the money!

"I've hosted tea parties, paintball tournaments, and unscheduled combat scenarios for members to release their stress, in the past. I suppose that they never worked out very well, because the majority of the members who partook of them left the org or died before you came to power..."

That's not the best track record, but hey! At least their deaths or departures weren't brought about by The Hatter's fun events!

30. - Top - End - #720

Ilpholin's Office - Scar

No six foot trophies at all.

"I run this organization, yes. I'm Ilpholin. My second in command is Magtok, a cyborg." Pretty much the only one they got, so hard to confuse.

"The process is fairly simple. You'll fill out this membership form," Ilpholin says, sliding a form over. They can be found in the first post. "Then I'll conduct an interview. After that, you're on a sort of probationary membership during which we'll do a more thorough background check. After which I'll decide if you become a full member or not."
    Ilpholin's Partyroom Office - Scarwoman Timeline

Upon finding out that Ilpholin is The Leader, the woman with a scar on her left face makes a suggestion. "You know, you should probably hire a new interior decorator. I mean, you don't even have a six-foot trophy or anything like that. How can anyone know that it's your office if there isn't one?" This is based on the assumption that every supreme leader has a "World's Best Leader" six-foot tall trophy, made from the world-famous Nexus Trophy Makers' Business.

Returning to seriousness, she looks down at the entry form, and starts filling it out with a Number 2 pencil that she had, just in case. Frequently, she pauses and thinks, tapping the pencil on her lips, and sometimes erasing something, as her player debates if it would be cooler for her to successfully join AMEN, or for her to fail heinously.

Finally, after some time, she gives the form back, filled up.

Name: Harley Martinez Zorzo
    Age: Way too old Pretty young 357.3, due to being immortal
    Sex: F
    Species: Evil Shapeshifter
    Profession: Assassin Dancer Ex-Assassin
    Reason for joining AMEN: <Really long paragraph, all erased and scratched out, because it can all be summed up in 5 words>No good deed goes unpunished.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:Shapeshifting/Camouflage, ability to teleport at random into other realms*, other similar reconnaissance abilities
    And I can light myself on fire at will.
    References (Victims preferred):Nothing recent. I guess you could contact my mother or my father or my older sister. <Has contact information, including an Abyssal address for each of them, though the older sister's address is intentionally in a very slanted cursive and, thus, harder to read.>
    Past Experience: If it interests you, please ask in person, as I can't decide whether this means "Backstory" or "Other related jobs".
    Other Information: Due to some long-winded reason and a curse, I have been physically unable to kill anyone for the past while. Thusly, "Ex-Assassin".
    Also, I cannot shapeshift away my scars. I've already tried. So, my shapeshifting disguises don't work on heroes (or anybody) who "does their homework", unless I wear a mask.
    * Other realms most frequently mean the Spirit Realm, the Shadow Realm, the Mortal Realm, the Magicless Realm, and the Flaming Snowmen Realm

And now I have decided that either way would be cool, whether she makes it in or not, because both would have nice plots.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-08-29 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Note: Gray means "Erased, but the eraser wasn't very good"