New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

Halls

Yeah, the Cat Burglar is definitely glad Cyrus stopped then. There are appropriate soundtracks to a friendly chat between friends and the wailing of the damned is not one of them.

"Heh, yeah, I got sorta stuck in space-time." The Cat says, accompanied by a poor attempt at a grin that just screams 'about to ask a major favor'. "Look, I know this's a bit much to ask after how much you helped with my last smashing success of a scheme, but, um, the boss-lady has me and a few others robbing this place, which, ah, has some pretty complex wards which we kinda need to see to avoid, so I was, well, I was wondering you could hook my buddies up with something like those goggles you gave me before?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Halls

Cyrus raises an eyebrow for just a moment and seems to be about to say something, then thinks better of it. And then, of course, he says something completely different.

"How many?"

The statement has only a fragment of the man's usual mirth, but there's enough there to not seem hostile.

3. - Top - End - #1053

Halls

"Oh, uh, just two. I'm sure if you told the boss-lady she could set you up with whatever materials you need." Actually he's not sure of that at all, but it seems reasonable enough to him. "And if not, I'll repay you myself once we get the treasure?"

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Halls

The Cat Burglar will likely notice Cyrus immediately sigh with relief. Why will probably be apparent in a moment.

"Ah, that's not as difficult as I'd feared. I was worried that you were going to ask for a bulk order, there. Find me in a few hours or so and I'll have them ready for you."

Actually, he keeps some in stock at the Ebon Citadel, since they're so useful. He doesn't have to tell CB that, though. Money later is always nice.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Halfling in the Playground

[Outside - Training]

"Oh, so that's what it's all about. I see."

Funny sort of way of training people.

At least, Isabelle thinks it is. But then she trains animals by bombarding them with magic, so she's hardly one to talk.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Halls

The Cat Burglar also lets out a relieved sigh. More out of a desire to fit in than fear Cyrus wouldn't be able to help tho'.

"Thanks man, knew I could count on you. If, uh, you ever need any help, stealing something or something... CB shrugs, 'fore giving Cyrus a parting wave and heading for the door.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Halls

A perfectly characteristic grin appears on Cyrus' face at about this moment.

"Think nothing of it; Camaraderie is a valuable commodity, after all. I'll keep your offer in mind, however."

And with that, the Cat Burglar might be startled (though certainly unharmed; It's not real) by Cyrus' form erupting in a blast of Hellfire as he teleports away.

...A few hours later, a similar blast of Hellfire precedes a small parcel appearing somewhere within CB's sight, with the following note:

"I apologize for my absence; Something came up. Enjoy the goggles."
    The parcel, of course, contains two pairs of magic-detecting Goggles, as promised.

And a bomb.

((All actions attempted, of course.))

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gates of AMEN

Marciano shows up again, followed by two soldiers in white riot gear. I wonder what happened to Grantaire... He moves to the front door and knocks loudly. Open up! Where's Magtok!

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Orc in the Playground

Inside AMEN

Nephrim is wandering around, looking for a Magtok. Or maybe Megan; she'd be interested to know how the designs she commissioned are coming if she can't find the cyborg himself.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gates of AMEN

The door opens briefly to let through... a rose in power armor!

"Come here baby, I can show you things Mag... AWWWW. All the hot ladies throwing themselves on some ugly crossdresser and I have to get the one dude. What do you want?" Stu reluctantly asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Inside AMEN

Nephrim is wandering around, looking for a Magtok. Or maybe Megan; she'd be interested to know how the designs she commissioned are coming if she can't find the cyborg himself.
    Magtok ignores the thing at the entrance for now, hoping desperately that it'll go away if he simply pretends it isn't there. He's definitely around where a Nephrim can find him, though. Oh, by the way, since you mentioned Megan, she's decided to give Maggy the job of posing as her divine son and the new chief of some village or whatever. I have no idea where to post for that, though. D=
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

Marciano looks at the flower rather confusedly. "Er...wha?" He scratches his head and frowns. "Where's Magtok? I need to talk to him...'bout Remnant..."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

"Wouldn't he be at his MagCave where he lives and everything?" Replies the flower which may or may not exist (pleaseohpleaseletitbethelatter).
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

"Er...Yeah, I'd rather not get shot again. Please, I've been here before, what do ya want?" Marciano rolls his eyes.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Gates

"You don't want to get shot, so you come to AMEN?" Stu's starting to think this guy's a little short in the head.

"You're offering me something to get inside? You have any hawt women willing to experience a night of total UMF with a stud daddy like me?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um...how does that even work?! Nevermind...don't wanna know. Fine, blonde, brunette, redhead? What? You'll get yer wish...Money can buy anything." He frowns.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

When stuck with the most difficult choice in the world, Stu can only come up with one answer.

"All three!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano grimaces. "You disgust me...fine, they'll be waiting...Trog's...tonight...you bastard, let me in." Apparently Marciano has a problem with anything sexual.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whooooo!" Stu says, opening the door wide and running off to Trog's right now, regardless of the current time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano walks inside, looking even more pissed off. He growls and looks about for Magtok. Marciano didn't like creatures like Stu. He was a little evil prick, but he hated anything sexual. "MAGTOK! Come here!"

21. - Top - End - #1071

Magtok rolls his eyes, tries to resist the urge to vomit as the smell of Marciano wafts in, and reaches for something in his pocket as he turns to face the visitor.

"Last I checked, I don't take orders from goblins, Marcy. What do you want?"
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, this Marciano smells fine, and is much more sanitary than usual. He is obviously upset, and quivers in his gray suit. "Magtok, Am I to understand, that one of your clones is in a group about to attack Louv're Tower?! Am I to understand you'd try and crash your business partner? I have the nine helks riding my ass, Remnant hunting my head, AND NOW YOU'RE ABOUT TO ATTACK MY TOWER?!"

23. - Top - End - #1073

"I'm an opportunist, Marciano. That means I chase after opportunities when I see them. Right now, a group of people are looking to have you killed. Right now, a lot of precious and valuable things are inside your tower. All I have to do is say 'I'm in!', and I get a cut of the potential loot. If they die and fail, I lose a single clone."

Magtok shrugs.

"Pretty easy decision to make, really. No hard feelings if you survive since you'd probably do the same thing to me, right?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano bubbles in rage. He pulls out a pistol and aims at Magtok. "You...You...little, thieving...lying, treacherous piece of rust! I...I would do the same, and you'd do what I'm doing now! Magtok, you explain, why everything is going wrong. You explain. I'LL SHOOT YOU, I TRIED TO HELP AMEN! I would keep donating! Yet, you betray that...Those triplets...you payed them! DIDN'T YOU?!" Jumping to conclusions. "It's your fault! MAGTOK! When I crush your little party, I'll save your clone...I'LL RIP YOUR METAL APART AND PUT IT BACK!"

25. - Top - End - #1075

Harley, the Evil Shapeshifter intern, gets Plotcloned to somewhere here in AMEN, where there is not a dramatic discussion going on.

She looks happy, despite the sword across her back shooting a burning pain across her shoulder.

Even though she was unsuccessful in finding a clue, she did have fun, and that's all that matters, right?

26. - Top - End - #1076

Magtok shakes his head.

"No no, that's not entirely accurate Marciano, and you know it. You paid the triplets. They just felt a bit of gratitude towards me because I tricked you into bidding several million more for that soul, nothing more."

He takes his hands away from his pockets, and tries to walk right up to Marciano, until the gun is pressed right up against the cyborg's own chest. He reaches a hand out to pat the little man on the head, and smiles.

"I tried to help you, Marcy, you know I did. On the wall, off the wall...you've just become too volatile lately, though. Everyone hates you because you don't know when to pretend to care about others, Mars. You say things on the wall that make you look awful, and then act surprised when people don't love you for it. You went after the only military organization capable of keeping a bloodthirsty place like Inside under control with just a gun and a bomb, and thought you'd get out of it alive.

You've been digging this grave of yours for weeks now, Marcy and there was nothing I could do but watch and squirm in distaste as I saw vultures gathering around your body. I'm sorry, Marciano, but at the same time, I'm not. You've brought this on yourself. I can't help you anymore, and it's dangerous just to be seen talking to you these days.

Honestly, the only thing you should be doing right now is go into hiding, not pointing that gun at me. Get a new name, a new face. Lie low and try not to speak unless you've thought long and hard about what you're going to say. Try your best to learn about people before you try to fight them, so you'll know what to expect. Or just stop fighting people, and start figuring out how to lie eloquently, to get them to give you what you want, and make them feel good about doing so.

Speaking of helping people, you're pointing that thing in the wrong spot. Here, let me fix that."

Magtok tries to poke Marciano's weapon with the tip of his finger, and slide it over towards the left side of his chest.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-27 at 11:00 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #1077

Magtok and Marciano
    A Mechano-Panther that had followed Marciano as he went inside(because Mechano-Panthers tend to do that when non-AMEN members come inside) and continues to watch the scene unfold.
    Let's hope Marciano doesn't make the bad decision here and shoot Magtok.
    ((Magtok, you gotta post in Outside for that. The location is: Village of the Thingummywhat Worshippers. Also: Tell Earl you're gonna be posting for that so he knows))
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Outside - Training]

"Oh, so that's what it's all about. I see."

Funny sort of way of training people.

At least, Isabelle thinks it is. But then she trains animals by bombarding them with magic, so she's hardly one to talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Outside - Training]

Ilpholin gives Isabelle a nod before replying to Roxanne.

"You are aware, of course, that these are little more than the cleaning crew and I wanted you to train incoming recruits like the gnolls training in Atlantis right now... yes?" Ilpholin asks in the same voice Roxanne chose.
    [Outside - Epic Uber Headdesk Training!]

*Whump!* m (_ _) m There exists a problematic dearth of erudition in my brain-space relevant to these Gnolls drilling on combat maneuvers in Atlantis. The information wasn't abstruse to the AMENites, but I myself missed the memo.

>.< I should keep better track of what's going on in this thread. But I shan't penalize or calumniate Roxanne for my failings! Nay!

"True, but these henchpeople do have supplementary duties, one of which is to defend the cloning chambers at all costs. They are AMEN's last line. If we were squeezed for troops after the gnolls had fallen, these men and woman would have to rise to the challenge, take up the banner, and sally forth! They are our auxiliary force. They must be prepared to stand and spill blood for AMEN."

"Gnolls aren't technologically adept creatures. Wars are not won by sending wave upon wave of infantry to erode the enemy's dams! Artillery support and air support divisions will turn the tides of battle and save lives and resources in the long run. These men and woman are my operators. They will staff these divisions, if you'll authorize it."

Roxanne justifies without delay. Her lecture was long-winded, and she signals for the ceremony to be postponed through her suit's internal communications system.

"A question, if you will. Two, more like."

"Why are the gnolls being conditioned in the underwater base and what's with the squirrel?"

--------
    [Main Room]

Umm... Resolved: Awkward silence is no fun at all!

... Yeah. Clarissa is about done here. Becky has been invited to join Clarissa in her room later on and Zefir is Zefir again.

The day is save!

Clarissa takes her leave, returning to the couch and collapsing upon it, stretching lazily. She could nap here. If anyone messed with her while she was k.o.ed, it'd be his/her funeral! Unless it was someone that Clarissa counts among her friends, that is!

29. - Top - End - #1079

[Main Room]

Zefir can, hopefully before she goes K.O. ask her something.

"Eh you said something about the dragon. So what do we need to do?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok shakes his head.

"No no, that's not entirely accurate Marciano, and you know it. You paid the triplets. They just felt a bit of gratitude towards me because I tricked you into bidding several million more for that soul, nothing more."

He takes his hands away from his pockets, and tries to walk right up to Marciano, until the gun is pressed right up against the cyborg's own chest. He reaches a hand out to pat the little man on the head, and smiles.

"I tried to help you, Marcy, you know I did. On the wall, off the wall...you've just become too volatile lately, though. Everyone hates you because you don't know when to pretend to care about others, Mars. You say things on the wall that make you look awful, and then act surprised when people don't love you for it. You went after the only military organization capable of keeping a bloodthirsty place like Inside under control with just a gun and a bomb, and thought you'd get out of it alive.

You've been digging this grave of yours for weeks now, Marcy and there was nothing I could do but watch and squirm in distaste as I saw vultures gathering around your body. I'm sorry, Marciano, but at the same time, I'm not. You've brought this on yourself. I can't help you anymore, and it's dangerous just to be seen talking to you these days.

Honestly, the only thing you should be doing right now is go into hiding, not pointing that gun at me. Get a new name, a new face. Lie low and try not to speak unless you've thought long and hard about what you're going to say. Try your best to learn about people before you try to fight them, so you'll know what to expect. Or just stop fighting people, and start figuring out how to lie eloquently, to get them to give you what you want, and make them feel good about doing so.

Speaking of helping people, you're pointing that thing in the wrong spot. Here, let me fix that."

Magtok tries to poke Marciano's weapon with the tip of his finger, and slide it over towards the left side of his chest.
    Marciano growls. He glares over at the Mechanopanthers. He then looks back at Magtok, rage and hate mixed with a desperate glint. Not a good combination. "So you admit to tricking me! You admit to it! I paid them, yet, they slaughtered my clone! Set him on fire! I only have a few!" Marciano's spit probably gets all over Magtok as he begins to rant angrily. "The money doesn't matter to me! It's that you were working against me, when I have been supporting your organization! YOURS."

Marciano just snarls as Magtok moves and continues. Marcaino will try to push away the hand angrily, revealing that his left hand seems to have a small metal object hidden in the sleeve. "Volatile? VOLATILE?! You mean too POWERFUL! I spent the first thirty years of my life, crawling in the muck, trying to get by, living off of coins found on corpses, robbing temples of ritual money. Then, I was offered everything! Money, luxury...POWER! I took the offer, I was the head of a large organization! Louv're Industries! Sounds so powerful! I was IMPORTANT FOR ONCE! The only thing I had to do to keep my title, my fame...my riches, is build The Spirit Engine! I don't know who wants it, but I was to fund it, and make sure it was built! Secondly, I had to make sure people were buying Wing Omicron's weapons.

Marciano splutters and pauses for a second before spitting out, "So what if I became a little confident?! So what I got a little carried away...THEY'VE REMOVED ME! I'm not recieving their funding anymore...Because of you....YOU! You and those filthy little wall flies! I failed! No ones buying our products, so they fired me! But...no Magtok...I"m not going back...I'm not going back to being a little...unimportant speck of dust...NOT ME! I...still have the tower...They are going to try and take it...soon....No...It's not going to happen. I WILL NOT FORFEIT MY POWER! Magtok, if it weren't for you and Remnant, I'd still be receiving a paycheck, and more power!....YOU!"

Marciano looks...insane...the way he's taking, the anger and desperation. "...WEll, guess what Maggy? I'll be back...When either the siege group or Wing Omicron finally kicks me out, I will return...then, Magtok....everything you love and hold dear, I will destroy...Your base....Your casino....your clones....your friends...one by one, until it's just you and me...Then, I will take the last thing you have....EVERY LAST THING! Marciano prepares his gun.