New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

[Main Room #1 - Becky's Clarissa]

"And I adore the way you move. As a matter of fact, I'd lag behind so I could take in the sights if I reckoned I could get away with it."

Clarissa stands, stretches, and attempts to help Becky to her feet before entering the portal! Whee! To the Sitar Strings in Inside?

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin's Office - Roxanne]

"Oh I have little doubt I could usurp the throne with AMEN's help. For a very brief period. The drow would never accept the rule of someone who used surface dwellers so readily to enforce their claim, however, and I'd soon be without anyone to rule." Basically not an option.

"As for Nexus territory, we are expanding though the pace could be better. Do you know any particular places that would be good in terms of manpower or resources to go after next? Any place ruled by those who love might is right is optimal. Orcs, trolls, ogres, things of that nature."

Somewhere in AMEN - Kitchen

"It's right there! THERE! THEEEERRRREEE!!!" Stu is practically flailing at this point in chocolate pudding based rage and indignation.

Ilpholin's Office-Enshadu

"Hmmm... could you explain your reason for joining AMEN in better detail?" No one's that generous. At least, no one applying to AMEN is that generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Halfling in the Playground

[Atlantis Labs]

Isabelle gives Nephrim a rather confused "What the hell are you talking about?" look. "...they're just animals. Pathetic, poorly designed creatures, there's no way they're capable of things like that. I make them better, but I don't give them the means to tell stuff like that, so I know none of my friends would pick up on something like that and-" Isabelle cuts out rather sharply when Cedric makes a sudden jump off her shoulder.

Confused, the magic monster maker pauses and sniffs.

Wait...

That doesn't smell right...

"Cedric! Get back here!" Without waiting to see if the squirrel behaves, she dives after him and catches him in her hands. The squirrel protests and tries to wriggle free, without much success.

"Well, I'm afraid we're going to have to cut this conversation short, because I don't want to be lunch for anything in here." And then she's running for the exit.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Hmmm... could you explain your reason for joining AMEN in better detail?" No one's that generous. At least, no one applying to AMEN is that generous.
    Enshadu frowns, his mask showing the emotion with a grotesque backwards smile. Well...sometimes, I don't have the manpower to collect my prizes...I just have the knowledge of where it is...see....I'm just me. I can't go collect a world-destroying apocalyptic machine if I don't have the manpower to kill the guards!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

"So you need help collecting an apocalypse machine then?" Ilpholin asks, wanting to be sure she understands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Bugbear in the Playground

"It's right there! THERE! THEEEERRRREEE!!!" Stu is practically flailing at this point in chocolate pudding based rage and indignation.

Harley, the woman with a scar, suppresses a laugh. She's trying really hard. (And everyone knows, trying isn't succeeding.) How can you not laugh when a flower's yelling at you in rage?

"Oh" is her reply. The Evil Shapeshifter looks down in her hands, and sees a little plastic cup of chocolate pudding. "Oh! You mean this!"

"You want some?" she offers, holding the two-thirds full pudding to him.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Pixie in the Playground

"Your question surfaces at an apropos time, so I deem it funny you should ask..."

Roxanne taps the palm of her left gauntlet with her index finger and tilts her hand to the side. It projects an interactive 3d image onto the open air. It is an aerial composite picture of a depopulated wasteland littered with derelict vehicles and outposts sprinkling three defensible dune-tops.

"A friend of mine is organizing and sponsoring an expedition into this desert. The girl and her team are mavens of ancient artifacts and forbidden knowledge with variegated talents and aptitudes. They're scholars but while their objectives and directives might genuinely appear to be good, these appearances are specious at best. Their sesquipedalian leader is the archetypal wizard. She slit her temperamental, hobbling master's throat to deepen her own mana wells. But this is a prototypical mission for them and they're in the market for a few good men and women to watch their backs while they're out in the field. They aren't dogmatic, and are willing to work with us to restore a battleship or two and scavenge for whatever is worth extracting from the area. Once they've completed their inquest, I'll have them relay a brief to you. A bonus is that this desert is the main hub of dozens of gangs of pirates that might ally with us if we can send some business their way. CURATOR is already collaborating with them but pirates could always benefit from alternative outlets for their common wares."

"They were planning to charter an airship and hire NO for the job but I'll call in a favor, if you're interested."

Lintha and Percilia are in league with Roxanne. And CURATOR is a band of tomb raiders in Roxanne's eyes!

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

"So you need help collecting an apocalypse machine then?" Ilpholin asks, wanting to be sure she understands.
    He frowns softly. He shuffles before his mask loses emotion. I never said that Miss. I was merely providing an example of what I do, and what is needed to accomplish said...task, should there be one. It....varies, task to task. Depending on what studies have been computed and what kind of...venture into somewhere is needed. I know the locations of 60. 34518% of the world's hidden treasures...Everything from magical swords from a dragon's hoard to....magical....revolutionary....revolutionary... revolutionary...re...re...re...... Enshadu twutches briefly before zapping back. machines that could do...anything! I used to own such treasures. Now, I catalog the locations of everyone elses loot, and take a fraction of the profit
    when it's recovered!

9. - Top - End - #1209

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Main Room #2 - Zefir's Clarissa]

Clarissa is fast asleep! On the couch! So Zefir should track her down without a hitch! Will he endanger himself attempting to rouse her?

Zefir is aware that he shouldn't go over and shake her awake. He will instead hide behind something and wad some paper to throw them at her.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Ilpholin wasn't sure.
    Until she mentioned being able to cut NO out of the picture. Serves that goblin with a rat for a face right.
    "Yes, definitely interested. My recommendation would be to get just one or two friends from here to help you. Volunteers tend to get distracted by their ADD." Not always their fault, but it happens.

"If they're willing to wait two-three weeks, I could go personally." After certain plot things get resolved, like the party in Delmah Phor.

Ilpholin lays the form down and folds her hands together. "Would you, perhaps, know a halfling by the name of Marciano?"

Stu tilts his head. "Me? No, I hate chocolate pudding."

But... you were just...

"I'm Stu, AMEN's resident playboy and most manly of all manly things. Who are you?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-09-16 at 05:45 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Pixie in the Playground

Aye! It can wait two to three weeks. There's the whole haunted mansion investigation "well gang, it looks like we've got a mystery on our hands" thing to be had first. The haunted mansion won't be a long plot, but it should be fun!

The desert will probably have three stages to explore, so I'm highly considering dividing the chars that get involved into smaller two or three man groups and assigning them different tasks in separate sectors of the desert.

"Outstanding. I'll have her contact you and mail you maps of the site. They're more perspicacious than words, I've discovered. The refulgent markers on it will be points of interest. And I'll take your advice. Wouldn't want to stir up a brouhaha over this outing. Hey, if we play our cards right, we might gain easy access to recondite spells and magic."

"Which members would you recommend I approach with this offer?"

Roxanne hasn't really made any friends in AMEN yet.

Just out of curiosity, why does Ilpholin dislike Dipsnig?

-------

"Meh!"

Clarissa yelps as a wad of paper bounces off of her leg. She opens her eyes and rubs her leg absent-mindedly, unsure of what to make of this...this gag?

"Um, hello? Anybody there? Who threw this paper at me?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-09-16 at 12:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin lays the form down and folds her hands together. "Would you, perhaps, know a halfling by the name of Marciano?"
    Enshadu smiles softly, the sound of his metal teeth gnashing against his real ones as he talked caused clicking to occur anytime he spoke. I did...once...He was a...business partner of mine...I stole some information from him....some papers mentioning...The World Eye...It was strange...Louv're was insane. He had the patience of a cockroach...likeness too. He was very rich...Me and my associates raided his tower once. We made off with a great deal of plans....Including the map to The World Eye...hehe...along with some interesting plans...involving demons....and ghosts...spirits. The plans for the release of hundreds of these, after the Spirit Engine project was finished...he'd release all the spirits upon his enemies...

13. - Top - End - #1213

"Meh!"

Clarissa yelps as a wad of paper bounces off of her leg. She opens her eyes and rubs her leg absent-mindedly, unsure of what to make of this...this gag?

"Um, hello? Anybody there? Who threw this paper at me?"

Another paper flew, since Zefir didn't thought she wakes up that quickly. Let's hope she won't smite him for that. As he hears her voice he stands up.

"Hey Clarissa. Didn't you wanted to tell me something about the egg thing. I know nothing expect that it needs a warm place."

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Pixie in the Playground

Smiting powers activate! Zap! Zefir is struck by lightning then fireballed to death! And then resurrected and frozen to death!

Clarissa blinks as she spots Zefir popping up from behind a nearby barrier to request her assistance.

"Were you watching me while I slept? That's creepy, Zefir. Really, really creepy."

"But you have a baby dragon to hatch. You can explain why you were watching me while I slept later."

"The baby will bash its way out of its shell all by itself. You need to feed it once it is born and care for it like you would a dog. A big, scaly, flying dog that breathes fire. Cover it in a blanket and gift it a nest!"

"Any more questions?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-09-16 at 02:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Orc in the Playground

Atlantis Labs

"You'd be surprised at what animals will and won't tolerate. They get very antsy around undead; you ever notice that?" Of course, what works in Nephrim's reality might not work in Isabella's. But then, off she runs. "Well, I'll stay here until Dam'bul can walk again." Nephrim turns and walks over to where Dam'bul lies. Unfortunately, she can't smell anything amiss; when she Fell her senses of taste and smell were cursed from her. She hasn't smelt or tasted anything for over 4,000 years. She's also immune to poison, meaning that the pollen's effect is at least hampered, though how hampered depends on if Slii considers it a poison.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Atlantis Labs

As Isabelle runs, Shayan appears at the door with a tray of lollipops and a nurse's uniform that she apparently had the time to change into, a quizzical look on her face.

"Is everything alright? I just remembered that people should get a lollipop after being in a hospital environment. It helps to associate the unpleasantness with a reward at the end so that they aren't afraid to come back. I had to borrow a few from Cin." Shayan doesn't seem to notice the heavy scent of pollen in the air, just focusing on Isabelle's rather frantic look at the moment.

As for the pollen, it's more medicine than poison, and even without the scent simply inhaling it should make people highly suggestible for a brief period of time assuming they aren't also drug resistant. It's a bit between chemically assisted hypnosis and straight mind control.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

Six to nine people? That's a lot.

"Megan's always reliable for equipment and might go too. And take Harley. She's our intern and needs some experience. If she has to kill or torture someone along the way, all the better."

As for Dipsnig, he's not particularly amiable as it is, doesn't fall anywhere near Ilpholin's definition of attractiveness, and he failed to even attempt a rather simple mission she gave NO. Probably doesn't help he's a council member too. It seems a simple and beneficial way to spite him really.

"Yes. I recognized the same... obsession." Ilpholin clears her throat a little. "Marciano is no longer allowed in AMEN for one simple reason really. He insisted Magtok was in charge rather than I. But it was his obsession with an untested machine that lead to that. Like the mere viewing of the blueprints drives people to go all 'and it can do... anything'. Reminds me of some legends Jack told me." The Spirit Engine/World Eye sounds a whole lot like an Object to Ilpholin.

"My point in all of this is, if you have the same obsession, then we have no use for you here. So, if that's a problem, I highly recommend getting over the idea of ever owning such a device... right about... now." If Enshadu drops the whole Spirit Engine/World Eye apocalypse doom wish fulfillment machine thing then he'll be fine and continuing with interviewing will happen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1218

Smiting powers activate! Zap! Zefir is struck by lightning then fireballed to death! And then resurrected and frozen to death!

Clarissa blinks as she spots Zefir popping up from behind a nearby barrier to request her assistance.

"Were you watching me while I slept? That's creepy, Zefir. Really, really creepy."

"But you have a baby dragon to hatch. You can explain why you were watching me while I slept later."

"The baby will bash its way out of its shell all by itself. You need to feed it once it is born and care for it like you would a dog. A big, scaly, flying dog that breathes fire. Cover it in a blanket and gift it a nest!"

"Any more questions?"

A cold shiver runs down his neck as if he was smited and resurrected. he still tilts his head to the side .

"I never had a pet. I have no idea where I could get such special stuff."

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Halfling in the Playground

[Atlantis Labs]

In answer to Shayan's question, Isabelle simply looks down at the squirrel in her hands. Cedric is still trying to wriggle free in his attempt to do as the pollen says.

"I'm pretty sure only children are meant to get a lollipop, so they don't start associating doctors and nurses with only bad things. Most adults understand that such things are necessary, and most of the few who do kick up a fuss would probably complain that taking a lollipop would make them feel like a baby."

Wait, that's kind of completely missing the point here, Isabelle!

"And even if I'm wrong, is fetching him a lolly really more important than, say, making sure none of your plants decide it's lunch time? I've no idea what that smell is but it's really weeeeird and kind of makes me want to-" Isabelle's eyes glaze over for a moment and she looks rather unsteady on her feet...

Then she shakes her head furiously. No way is she going to willingly serve herself as main course to a plant! "Make it stop. Please?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

biggrin Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

Ilpholin's office-Enshadu

Enshadu goes a little distant briefly. Anything...almost...yes. The blueprints certainly have possibilities...but...I wish to sell, not create! Last time I messed with Aulder technologies....I was blown up in an explosion...I don't tinker with machines like that...but you can imagine the profit! The World Eye is rumoured to be made back when people were technological superheroes! It can change the very universe...resets and edit the whole system of sace and time...imagine the bucks ya could make! Er...I'm just a business man, love...not a scientist.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin sighs. "There you go, talking about possibilities and profit and such. I just told you not to do that." Ilpholin says, as she starts putting away Enshadu's form. Might want to come up with a compelling reason for her not to that isn't related to anything Marciano or messing with space time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1222

Stu tilts his head. "Me? No, I hate chocolate pudding."

But... you were just...

"I'm Stu, AMEN's resident playboy and most manly of all manly things. Who are you?"
    "Oh." That's disappointing. Harley seems disappointed that he doesn't like chocolate pudding.

"My name's Harley," she replies. Then, she raises the little plastic pudding cup to her lips, and forgets all conventional manners as she sticks her tongue into the cup to lick out some pudding.

After swallowing the pudding, she adds, "Evil Shapeshifter. I'm also an Intern."

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmph. Well stick with me and you'll be the baddest bad in no time. Might even pick up some bedside tips too." Stu declares. "Say, couldn't you just shapeshift yourself into chocolate pudding rather than eating it all from the fridge?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1224

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: I messed up on her Speech Color.

Harley nods energetically. As an intern who needs to become totally bad, Harley needs help from the Pro Villains and needs lots of tips on being villainous and vile and mean.

"Okay," she agrees. "I really really want to be the biggest baddest bad of all time."

Responding to Stu the flower's question, she changes her nodding to a shaking of the head. "No, I can't. I'm an Evil Shapeshifter, not a Pudding Shapeshifter. I can only shapeshift into evil things, like people."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-09-17 at 10:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Barbarian in the Playground

BioLab
    If anyone's looking for Megan or Greg, they're both asleep in a bunk bed in the BioLab.
    They've been through a LOT recently.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin sighs. "There you go, talking about possibilities and profit and such. I just told you not to do that." Ilpholin says, as she starts putting away Enshadu's form. Might want to come up with a compelling reason for her not to that isn't related to anything Marciano or messing with space time.
    Ah...so you did...I get carried away... He shifts about. Look...I"ll help you...I can help AMEN recover riches. I"m an explorer really. Moderately wealthy...I can see if I can cause this beautiful place to burgeon and grow into a more powerful guild. Plus...I am a scientist...or...know of one that would have liked to join...A Professor Brant...I killed him...and took his knowledge....He designed machines. I can work with the scientists here. Build weapon...things...whatever floats your boat. I have the knowledge and personality of many people inside the microchip in my brain...I can turn into anyone, and now anything they knew...I can spy...steal information....break into anything...

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... they don't particularly need most of those, but... a spy could be handy. And Megan would probably love to talk to him about robots or something. Question is, what to have him spy on?

"Alright, we'll continue the interview for now." Ilpholin says.

"Who is Badger?"

"Hmmm... are you able to turn into Worgan Freeman?" Morgan Freeman's evil twin werewolf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

Enshadu seems a bit confused...How did she know who Badger was? Badger is a business Associate of mine... Enshadu falters a bit. Why ask? We're business partners...we trade goods. He adjusts his red and gold trenchcoat and a hand changes into a small pair of scissors, which he uses to lop off an annoying hanging bandage on his arm that wouldn't stick.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

"I ask because you put him down as a reference. Do you have any victims that would better serve as references? Some head of a rich household or something?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office

Enshadu grins slowly. Well...Ms. Ilpholin, my victims can't remember there own names....so...It's rather hard to find them....quite a few scientists, including Mr. Brant....The Grandfather...Old one, not the new one...Mm...Just a little bit of that Rick Brutal guy....Some people in Trogs I almost killed....Victims don't remember me...