New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

Hallway near Biolab

Moff doesn't step into the Biolab, not wanting to be nommed by mechanopanthers. So he's speaking from the hallway. "Tell her to suck it up. If she wants to live around people who aren't part of a Lesbian Sex Cult, she has to wear clothes." "I'm Moff 4. I'd say nice to meet you, but since I need eye bleach now, I'd be lying."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Biolab]

The whole group hears this and laughs. Andrellux wipes his eye and speaks from the biolab then to the hallway.

"Sorry, that was so off the mark we couldn't help but laugh."

Baronux, the one who has rocks for arms, speaks.

"Go on man, get your eye bleach....then you can get that ten foot pole out your a**.... hahaha!"

After this the team goes back to chatter with one another as Moff seems to be leaving.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

BioLab
    "Oh for the love of...Moff! Get in here! I'd rather you guys not be yelling at each other while I'm trying to help them out. Don't worry. The Mechano-Panthers won't nom on you...this time."
    She's trying to make it so they won't be covered in cement...it's harder when someone is yelling near her.

---

Atlantis
    "I'm Megan, I'm a scientist, and those mechanical beasts you see guarding AMEN? I made those and you're getting even better ones for your village. Ones that'll be truly deadly. Now, if you could show me to your village, I'd be grateful."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

BioLab

"If I knew someone with a ten foot pole, do you think I'd be hanging around here?" Moff snorts, as he steps in the room. He carefully avoids looking again at Miss Topless. "Megan, tell her she has to wear a shirt."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Atlantis

"Yes, off we go. Just tell me of your fantastic AMEN tribe while we walk. I like to know everything about it. You are most powerful tribe I ever seen." The little gnoll tells her before walking out of Atlantis, "Just come with me."

6. - Top - End - #216

BioLab
    "Moff, at least she's wearing a coat. As long as her breasts aren't showing, you'll be fine...
    "Plus...I'm not exactly...forceful."

She continues doing the IDs, but takes a break to take out a shirt for Moff.
    "But if you want to try, be my guest. You can use my Mechano-Panthers if you want too, but if Ilpholin doesn't like it, not my fault."

---

Atlantis
    "Alright, lead the way. Once we're there I'll give the coordinates to my pilot and he'll drop off the panthers."
    And she follows!
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biolab

"Ilpholin......... right, the current leader of the place. Leaders sure come and go, that I don't envy."

Einjelstein frowns and scratches his chin.

The other remaining female member of the group speaks out.
    "Such a peculiar room."
    Julianette looks around the room.

(Since there is no OP fluff, I don't really know what the room looks like. So I'm using that as an excuse. Also memorizing 7 colors for each character is not as easy as I though it would be.)
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Biolab

Moff recoils from the proffered shirt as if it were on fire. "Uh-uh. No way. I'm not getting any closer to her. Just tell her if she doesn't put the shirt on, you won't give her a visitor's pass."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Biolab]

A vein throbs in Damian's head. He may only be the aspect of Gluttony but he's getting angry.

"I know we are the guests here so we must be polite but we can hear you. Zediniah, partial beast mode, so nancy boy can shut it."

She growls and and grows fur from neck and below.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

10. - Top - End - #220

BioLab
    "Er...um..."
    Megan turns bright red.
    "Could you maybe put on this shirt or maybe a bathing suit otherwise I might not be able to give you your day pass." ><
    Yeah Megan! Be assertive towards the new people!
    "Also there's dangerous chemicals around here, so I suggest we all calm down." ><
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #221

Main Room -> Biolab

((Consulted with Rein, and in his absence, Maggy can do interviews while Ilpholin's stuck in deadtime. For the Deadly Sins, at the very least.))

Rather put off by the sudden sense of obligation and responsibility that he's been bestowed with, Magtok reluctantly floats out of his room, making his way towards the Biolab. Gods, if there's one thing he hates more than his fellow AMENites, it's new people trying to become his fellow AMENites. Fudging new guys, full of arrogance and impulsiveness. They never know their place (under Magtok's heel), and more often than not try to cut things apart (like Magtok's heel) to show off how awesome they are. Hopefully this crop of newcomers will have enough self-control to resist the urge to hack anyone's limbs off, but it's a bit of a long shot.

He steps inside, and immediately turns to Megan, glad to have an excuse not to talk to those freaky shirtless weirdos right away. Oh gods, that one in the red didn't even bother to button up that jacket before coming here, did she? Man, what is it with the Nexus and its way of attracting people who are terrible at dressing themselves?

"Hey Megan, do you have their applications? Ilphy's apparently too busy, so I'm on interviewing duty. Going to be a nightmare, from the looks of things."

Yes, far too busy indeed. Magtok would suspect that this inexplicable inability to do interviews is far too conveniently timed, but given the sort of people she's already approved for AMEN without delegating the work to him, maybe not. Regardless of how Megan answers, he immediately turns towards the seven newcomers, raising his voice so even the ones flirting with Moff will notice.

"Hey. Hey newbies, over here. I'm Lord Magtok, second-in-command, and Ilpholin's crazy busy right now, so for the interviews, you'll just have to put up with me instead. I have clones, so we can do this pretty quickly, but how would you creepy sex cultists prefer we do it? One at a time, everyone at once in the same room, or in two groups of two and one group of one?"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-06-28 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Biolab

Moff whirls on Damian. "Listen, jerkwad. We're the bad guys. We play rough. If you can't handle being mocked, humiliated, stabbed, burnt, despised, and ignored on a daily basis, then you should turn around and head right back out the door. Don't expect AMEN to do things differently just to avoid hurting your widdle feelings."

"Oh hi Magtok."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-06-28 at 02:47 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #223

BioLab
    Megan shakes her head.
    "No. Not at all. But if they don't leave in the next ten minutes or so, I'm gonna tell my Mechano-Panthers to not be so nice."
    She then picks up the IDs and gives them over to the people.
    "Now make sure to listen to Magtok or else I'll send my panthers after you."
    "You don't want the panthers after you."
    "If you want some weapons or something, come back after your interviews."
    "Also Moff, stick around so I can talk to you."
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #224

Atlantis

"Sure, sure. Whatever you say science-person." The gnoll replies as it makes it way out of AMEN.

My next post will be in outside.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hallways Directly Outside of Megan's Biolab]

Oh! Hey, don't you dare turn around and look at that, hapless, hexed victims riled-up tasty morsels newcomers! That'd spoil the prowling, lurking, omnipresent effect Clarissa is going for with her new(est) auxiliary image. Clarissa's here totally flanking the group of potentially wantonly destructive troublemakers. She's just chilling for the moment, putting a rotund wreckingball of a man up and down the hallways with a blood-splattered nine iron, wearing a formal white pressed suit. Ironing typically molds garments so that they look their utmost best every single time they're worn! This is no outlier to that opinion! Nay, those splashes of crimson really contrast the former pristine grandeur of the suit. Bring out the twinkle in Clarissa's eyes, they do.

Why is Clarissa here? Well, it isn't expressly to beat some good sense into those disrespectful, uglier (by her standards), and lesser aspects of the cardinal sins that she doesn't at all want to hammer into the ground with her fists then award a complimentary trip to the surface of the sun! Nope! >.< Whoever told you that? That's all a lie! >.> <.< A big fat lie!

She's just playing through. Don't mind her. She's not stalking the fresh meat who stole her shtick! Obviously not!

-------
    [Main Room]

Clarissa attempts to take Zefir by the hand, smile at him refreshingly, and then tries to spritz him in the face with some knockout fluid ejected from one of her tails. That should knock him out right quick...maybe. She'll then attempt to catch him in short order and drag him off to AMEN's surgery bay! Yay!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-06-28 at 03:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marciano smiles, looking smug. Ooh! Is there a party?
    [Main Room]

Jit eyes the panthers. Mechanical, if it comes to a fight his best chance is the EMP grenades. If those didn't work, he's sure he could deal with whatever they can hit him with long enough to disable them.

For the time being, he decides to let Ordo do the talking.

(sorry for the delay. Just got back into town.)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #227
    Halfling in the Playground

[Main Room]

Ordo decides to-- oh, crap, they're not saying anything. C'mon, Ventrii, act like a lieutenant! "Sure, Marciano. But not here, at NO. Dipsnig wants to talk with you," He tries not to glare at the halfling, but makes no move as of yet. "About some money you owe us?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-28 at 04:54 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Lab Area- Maybe Outside Megan's Lab?

Nephrim, currently wearing her 'own' form of an androgynous pale-skinned child with silver, shoulder-length hair, pure white eyes without iris or pupil, and a pair of white feathered wings. For clothing she's wearing a white gown that would be the whiter than white if it wasn't in front of her wings. It's also been studded with black gemstones, so it almost resembles a reverse-colour star field. Slung over her back is a red rucksack that rests between her wings.

She'll stand in front of a door and hesitantly knock. Demons are uncomfortable around science; if you break the rules of physics there's not enough to fill a thimble afterwards.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #229

Outside the BioLab - Another time
    When Nephrim knocks, Megan opens the door.
    "Oh, hey Nephrim. What's up?"
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Outside The Biolab- Another Time

"My master, not Ilpholin, but Pazuzu, has asked me to approach the scientists of this organisation. He is willing to offer anything you desire from His personal stocks in exchange for a cheap, reliable aircraft more advanced than the simple biplanes he has in his possession already. However, if you're busy with things for Ilpholin, then it can and must wait. Ilpholin comes first, always." Nephrim's loyal to Ilpholin because loyalty to Ilpholin here will enable Nephrim to gather power and artefacts without worrying about leadership. Nephrim is loyal to Pazuzu because by strengthening Him she strengthens her desired position in the Abyss. Namely, Pazuzu's successor. But Pazuzu won't die on His own, hence the gathering of power and artefacts.

21. - Top - End - #231

Outside BioLab - Another Time
    "Well, disregarding the fact that every scientist isn't good with aerodynamics, I'll do it. Always wanted to see one of my aircraft designs in the flesh, if you get what I mean."
    "Why don't you come into my lab and we'll talk more about what exactly he needs?"
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Biolab- Another Time

"He doesn't need aerodynamics; He needs flying machines." Demons are inherently chaotic; they don't get science. The Demon Lord of Science spent most of Its existence trying to break the laws of physics, to prove the power of chaos. Eventually, It succeeded. Now nobody can remember Its name, gender, or appearance, just that It existed and broke the laws of physics.

"That sounds like a good idea." Nephrim smiles. Combined with her creepy white eyes with cruelty in them, it's rather scary.

23. - Top - End - #233

BioLab - Another Time
    Megan will lead her into the BioLab.
    "So what is your master looking for? Transportation, bombing, offense, cargo transportation or what in an aircraft?"
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Biolab- Another Time

"A mixture. Most of His followers can fly, and there's little to land on in His realm- it's mostly sky. He's looking for something faster than wings, and doesn't tire out as fast. Ejector seats are unnecessary; the pilots are shapeshifters that can morph their wings away. Offence is good, but His technicians and engineers already know how to wire up a machine-gun so it can be fired from the wings by somebody in the cockpit. Bombing isn't what He wants; most explosives are put in bullets. But troop transport of flying creatures mean a floor hatch might still be useful." Nephrim tilts her head to one side. "If you like, I could try and show you the facilities already in place for aircraft construction."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Main Room -> Biolab

((Consulted with Rein, and in his absence, Maggy can do interviews while Ilpholin's stuck in deadtime. For the Deadly Sins, at the very least.))

Rather put off by the sudden sense of obligation and responsibility that he's been bestowed with, Magtok reluctantly floats out of his room, making his way towards the Biolab. Gods, if there's one thing he hates more than his fellow AMENites, it's new people trying to become his fellow AMENites. Fudging new guys, full of arrogance and impulsiveness. They never know their place (under Magtok's heel), and more often than not try to cut things apart (like Magtok's heel) to show off how awesome they are. Hopefully this crop of newcomers will have enough self-control to resist the urge to hack anyone's limbs off, but it's a bit of a long shot.

He steps inside, and immediately turns to Megan, glad to have an excuse not to talk to those freaky shirtless weirdos right away. Oh gods, that one in the red didn't even bother to button up that jacket before coming here, did she? Man, what is it with the Nexus and its way of attracting people who are terrible at dressing themselves?

"Hey Megan, do you have their applications? Ilphy's apparently too busy, so I'm on interviewing duty. Going to be a nightmare, from the looks of things."

Yes, far too busy indeed. Magtok would suspect that this inexplicable inability to do interviews is far too conveniently timed, but given the sort of people she's already approved for AMEN without delegating the work to him, maybe not. Regardless of how Megan answers, he immediately turns towards the seven newcomers, raising his voice so even the ones flirting with Moff will notice.

"Hey. Hey newbies, over here. I'm Lord Magtok, second-in-command, and Ilpholin's crazy busy right now, so for the interviews, you'll just have to put up with me instead. I have clones, so we can do this pretty quickly, but how would you creepy sex cultists prefer we do it? One at a time, everyone at once in the same room, or in two groups of two and one group of one?"
    Well the group gets their 1 day ID's. Before answering Magtok Damian answers Moff.

"Didn't know bad guy equaled retards like you. I only had her put on fur to shut up your annoying nancy boy voice."
    With that they turn to Magtok.

"We're sin aspects but whatever. You can interview us as a group Lord Magtok."
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-06-28 at 07:32 PM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

26. - Top - End - #236

Biolab => MagOffice

Magtok scowls, regarding the collective sins with a mix of contempt and disgust, before walking out of the room.

"My quarters is down this way. Magbots should be done rearranging it into an office capable of holding interviews by the time we get there."

In only a matter of seconds, they'll have turned an ordinary bedroom into an office, complete with tables, chairs, and proper lighting? Just how many Magbots are working in there right now anyways, and since when could they move that fast?

"So what's the deal, anyways? You guys a family, something a mad wizard cooked up before you ganged up and killed him, a sort of weird doomsday power rangers group, or some other fourth thing?"

The door is already ajar when they get there, and Magtok just nudges it another inch or two with the back of his hand. He floats across the room, turns around, and plops into a seat behind a table, and gestures towards the chairs on the other side of the table, for the seven sins to take seats on the opposite side.

"Oh, and your membership forms, please. So we don't have to repeat anything unnecessarily."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Biolab

Moff grins after Damien leaves. "So, he doesn't like 'nancy boys' or the sound of my voice, huh?" A plan is concocted. Bwahaha!

But then he turns to Megan. "Huh? What do you want?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

[MagOffice]

The Seven sins take the seats provided in the room. Then the group is asked of their origin. With that Julianette hands a thick book. Damian takes it and places it on the table along with everyone's forms.

Spoiler
    Show

The book.

MEMBERSHIP FORMS
    Spoiler
    Show

Name:Damian
    Sex:Male
    Species:Sin Chimera
    Profession: Fighter
    Reason for joining AMEN:To gain power under chaos.
    Special skills decided to contribute to AMEN:Various powers gained throughout devouring other creatures.
    References (Victims preferred):Those with powers.
    Past Experience:Fighting angels and others that impose order.
    Other Information:Aspect of sin, Gluttony.

Name:Zediniah
    Sex: Female
    Species:Sin Beastwoman
    Profession:Brawler
    Reason for joining AMEN: To Fight! Fight! Fight!
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:Beastly speed, power and ANGER!
    References (Victims preferred): Whatever Fights!
    Past Experience: Fighting
    Other Information:Aspect of sin, Anger.

Name:Julianette
    Sex:Female
    Species:Sin Succubus
    Profession:Infiltrator
    Reason for joining AMEN: To taste some new delicacies
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:Shapeshifting and other magics.
    References (Victims preferred):Humans
    Past Experience:Destroying templars.
    Other Information:Aspect of sin, Lust.

Name:Andrellux
    Species:Sin Fiend
    Profession:Assassin
    Reason for joining AMEN: To procure power and spread dissent.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: My skills with blades and concoctions.
    References (Victims preferred): Hapless bigots that need killing.
    Past Experience:Assassination requests
    Other Information:Aspect of sin, Pride.

Name:Einjelstein
    Species:Sin Spirit
    Profession:Summoner
    Reason for joining AMEN: Power, what else is there?
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:Summoning, soul arts and swordplay
    References (Victims preferred):Those who have what I do not.
    Past Experience: Killing swordsmen.
    Other Information:Aspect of sin, Envy.

Name:Baronux
    Species:Sin Golem
    Profession:Thrasher
    Reason for joining AMEN: To own anything and everything
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: The strength of a golem and the earth.
    References (Victims preferred):Rich oponents.
    Past Experience:Causing destruction and mayham in cities.
    Other Information:Aspect of sin, Greed

Name:Algian
    Species:Sin Giant
    Profession:Berserker
    Reason for joining AMEN:....? smash? To spread sin
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:Berserker rage
    References (Victims preferred): anyone will do
    Past Experience:Killed adventurers here and there....
    Other Information:Aspect of sin, Sloth

"Our story is actually close to the second one except we didn't kill our creator or knew what our creator was. He did leave us this book. Andrellux, I leave the explanation to you."

Andrellux stands and clears his throat, he does love explaining things.

"Allow me. As you have read we are aspects of the seven deadly sins, thus our numbers. Damian The Gluttonous Chimera, Zedaniah The Wrathful Beastwoman, Julianette The Lustful Succubus, Myself The Prideful Fiend, Einjelstein The Envy Spirit, Baronux The Greed Golem and Algian The Slothful Giant. The rest can be found in our forms."

He points to each one as he introduces them and each gives a small bow when introduced.

"Now we do not know much about how we were created but we know why. The book before is known as the Ars Goetia, it contains the names, pictures and descriptions of 72 demons and the 7 princes of hell. These demons of course exist only in our world but all of them are dead now. Our purpose is to revive them all and spread sin wherever we go. There is however one problem...."

The group visibly scowls.

In seven different voices one word is heard.
    POWER!

"If this place can make us stronger then we'll do your dirty work. Simple as that, we get stronger and stronger and we're at AMEN call when needed."

"Aught else you'd like to know?"
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Main Room]

Clarissa attempts to take Zefir by the hand, smile at him refreshingly, and then tries to spritz him in the face with some knockout fluid ejected from one of her tails. That should knock him out right quick...maybe. She'll then attempt to catch him in short order and drag him off to AMEN's surgery bay! Yay!
    [Main Room]

And there Zefir got some fluid in his face. As he waves it away he notice the knock out influence.

"No. You didn't" he says in panic.

He stugles backwards to avoid her grabs more walking like a drunken man. Then he starts giggling, changing it to laugth while slowly reaching a fanatic way of laugthing. as he falls backwards he roles on the floor still laugthing out loud. That can't be good.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[General AMEN]

"I... smell... pretenders!"
    Kal, nose filled with the scents of undoubtedly lesser aspects of sin than he, goes off in search of the newbies, which of course inevitably brings him to Magtok's door. Of course, being the polite, considerate individual he is, he decides to respect Magtok's privacy.
    Ha. Ha. Ha ha.
    No really, he does.
    Like, he actually sees that they're inside Magtok's room, and doesn't burst in loudly proclaiming that he's found a man with a ten-foot pole that he's sure Magtok would like meeting up with, or something. Nope, he just shrugs, turns around, and walks right the hell away.
    After placing a small, makeshift catapult set to fling a water balloon filled with freezing cold water into the face of the first person to open the door and step out. >.>

Edit: Oh wait, did I say 'freezing cold water'? Clearly I meant 'super concentrated hydrochloric acid'.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-06-29 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.