New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Laughs had no rage left, but still he chewed away at the webs frantically. No, he was going to win this game.

He growled as he did so, shouting, "Webs! Webs!" in the Garou tongue, trying to get Life to focus on dealing with the webs, of the others, not on taking down the spider right away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending a third willpower point. Two left.

Brawl: (1d10)[1](1)
    Damage: (6d10)[9][7][6][7][5][8](42)

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

do you want to make that two willpower rolls to actually make that a success?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Yes, yes I do want to make that two willpower if I can.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fine. Willpower can be spent after rolls.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A hot snarl scrapes the insides of Lifa's throat as she struggles against the webbing; searing her sharp claws across the substance to slash it away.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lifa has been in Crinos form this whole time.

Attack against the Webbing:

Dex+ Brawl -3: (4d10)[3][8][7][9](27)
    Damage, if any: (8d10)[1][8][2][2][7][6][1][5](32)
    Extra damage from extra hits, if any: (3d10)[2][8][8](18)
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Round summary
    Lifa is completely free of the webs. Laughs is having a hard time moving, but seems to be managing to chew his way out just barely, his iron resolve making the different. Another web is thrown over laughs, puting him now at -4 dice. Lifa is at 0.

The pack is up first.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa surged forwawrd, free of those benighted webs, she lashes out with one claw at the strands around Laughs before her powerful body barrels into the remaining spider to, once again, expose its succulent belly.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dex + brawl against Laugh's webs: (6d10)[10][6][9][3][5][9](42)
    Str + Brawl against Spider: (9d10)[4][3][6][9][3][9][3][4][7](48)
    Dex + athletics: (5d10)[2][8][10][1][8](29)
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You need a damage roll for the attack on the webs. You're spending a rage point, correct?

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Correct and correct. I am down to a mere 1
    Damage:(11d10)[3][7][4][7][3][9][10][3][5][3][6](60)

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:
    Yeah, I think Laughs is out of rage. Which means he has to stay in his current form, or shift back to his breed form. He can't take any other forms until he gains more rage.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I gain 1 rage by thinking of Softpaws getting us into this?

Or maybe thinking how McRib was taken off the menu?

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

While he feels Lifa freeing his webs, he once again goes for Hours to free him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel bad for not going for Soft Paws yet. It's just that she has the most webs covering her.

Brawl: (5d10)[7][8][6][3][1](25)
    Damage: (6d10)[2][9][2][1][2][10](26)

Extra: (4d10)[6][9][7][2](24)

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

The current tactic you are employing is free everyone from the webs, then mass murder the spider. Correct?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, couldn't say it better myself.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

alright, lets save ourselves 3-4 rounds of combat and a few days worth of combat. The pack frees itself, then turns on the spider. The spider almost dies, and uses it's reform ability to get out of dodge.
    (6d10)[3][10][1][3][9][1](27)
    And it failed. You killed it.

Currently there are no spiders attacking you. Everyone has been freed.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-10-18 at 08:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs at Blood howled in victory followed by a few short bursts of yipping to let off his excitement. His face turned around to face Soft Paws again. He trodded towards her, shifting into Lupus form.

He gave a short grunt of disapproval, before trodding towards the truck.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-10-18 at 09:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa joined Laughs in the triumphant howl, the spiders paralytic webbing ability warranting this small glory.

Once they had quieted down, she said nothing to Softpaws and strode to catch up with Laughs.

"If we can find a Ritemaster that can teach me the Rite of the Questing Stone, we can locate the Deep Fang in a much more efficient way."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

"He is Ahroun, right?" Laughs hopped to the back of the truck. "Ahroun good. Need Ahroun for fight."

He looked up at the moon. He'd only get his rage back from the first sight of the moon. He'd have to wait until at least tomorrow to change into any other form. A small price to pay to not becoming a part of Weaver's webs.

Spoiler
    Show
    By the way, what phase is the moon in?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Yup. We can scrounge together some of his belongings from the house, that'll make the Rite easier." Lifa says as she hoped into the driver seat and waited for the other two.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

It is currently still before noon, however when the moon rises it will be half full. Meaning 3 rage points can be regained.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How did we suddenly get back to the physical world and the car?

As her companions eventually free her, Softpaws shakes herself off thoroughly to clean the remaining bits and strands that sling to her. She says, "See? Together we can do anything." with forced enthusiasm.

When she sees everyone apparently leaving the premise so quickly she says "What? We just got rid of three spiders and you're going? Aren't we going to see if there's a cocooned Gaia Spirit stuck in here?"
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I followed Laughs so I assume he crossed back over.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psiclone57 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    How did we suddenly get back to the physical world and the car?

As her companions eventually free her, Softpaws shakes herself off thoroughly to clean the remaining bits and strands that sling to her. She says, "See? Together we can do anything." with forced enthusiasm.

When she sees everyone apparently leaving the premise so quickly she says "What? We just got rid of three spiders and you're going? Aren't we going to see if there's a cocooned Gaia Spirit stuck in here?"
    A very valid point. However, everybody eventually gets through, and regenerates from the horrible pain before you get home. Unless you're in breed form.... (except for soft paws). Hmm. I should probably make you guys rolls gnosis on that note.

Who's changing forms before stepping sideways?

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shifting forms back into breed-forms would be the wiser choice; can't risk anyone seeing a crinos suddenly pop into existence.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hour Tales allows himself a short howl of victory before shifting back into homid form. "I think we got lucky, everyone," Jason says as he pulls off a few strands of webbing that remained upon him. "That said, I was wrong on this instance."

(2d10)[1][3](4)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I'm making some rolls for people since we seems to have ran out of gas.

I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that everybody is stepping sideways together. Or at least Lifa with laughs, and softpaws with hour-tales. So everybody has 5 gnosis.
    (5d10)[6][6][7][4][5](28)
    This counts as dodges.

You would know it, but the trap in the gauntlet has weakened because you killed the pattern spiders.
    Lifa (7d10)[8][1][5][3][10][6][5](38)
    Laughs (7d10)[4][10][4][8][8][3][10](47)
    Hour-Tales (7d10)[6][6][4][9][9][4][7](45)
    Softpaws (7d10)[1][9][6][9][2][10][6](43)

Willpower soak rolls
    Lifa (6d10)[10][5][10][1][6][5](37)
    Laughs (1d10)[4](4)
    Hour-Tales (3d10)[3][6][1](10)
    Softpaws (4d10)[6][3][10][9](28)

This is all lethal damage. A major issue of course is this: You don't regenerate in your breed form, and everyone but softpaws is in their breed form.
    Edit: Lifa & Softpaws are undamaged. Laughs takes 3. And hour-tales takes 1. Could be worse.

When you emerge from the gauntlet, The number of birds has once more exploded. There are a ton of them over there, and once more you can hear their caws. Seemingly its as if they are once again laughing at you.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-10-21 at 11:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

A little fed up with the birds and their cawing, Lifa approaches. She stops a couple dozen meters away, just to be sure. She was annoyed, but she wasn't stupid enough to throw herself into a dangerous situation again. Especially not after just lecturing Softpaws on exactly the same issue.

"Care to share the joke, avians?"

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There you go GM, I have an inkling that you've been salivating at the chance to employ your feathery agents
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-10-21 at 11:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't matter to me. If I wanted you to deal with the birds, I would make you. But I won't complain.

On that note, these birds sit on telephone wire. So they are well out of your reach. And for you to be a few meters away, you would have to be standing in the middle of a road. But it's Sunday morning still, so thankfully its not busy.

It occurs to Lifa after she speaks that her annoyance may be whats so funny to them. After she speaks, she receives no reply. However they begin cawing even louder back and forth, the hint of laughter even stronger. She also notices that 90% of these birds are not crows as they had suspected, but Ravens.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws turns her attention once more to the park. A few Pattern Spiders one way or another wouldn't make any difference for the park's survival. She sighs mournfully, studying it for a moment.

She'll bashfully allow Lifa to be the diplomat for the black birds.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa stared at the flock.

She reached into the pocket of her jeans and withdrew a dime. Absentmindedly, she started flipping it up and down in her right hand. The spinning object caught and reflected the sunlight with each turn of its flat body - it was very shiny, very pretty.

"Well, silly me - and here I thought there was some wit to be found."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm, I might try a Wits + Enigmas to troll them.

You mentiond earlier with an occult + Int roll I made that I knew of the Corax. I'm assuming I know that they have a barely satiable love for shiny things and dimes.

So I'm trying to present them with a small insult, hopefully so that any younger ones couldn't help but reveal themselves, as well as a bright, pretty shiny thing that'll make it even harder to resist. Would I get any negatives?

(6d10)[6][2][9][1][4][4](26)