New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Spoiler
    Show
    That wasn't really a need to roll situation, just a need so many dots in occult.

Jason, being a glass walker, knows plenty about spider spirits. They all serve the weaver. And these particular spiders are protecting the area. Seeing how that's the park, the weaver's influence should be weakest here, but instead it's incredibly strong.

So Jason can conclude that whatever did happen yesterday, it likely ended with the whole park being taken over by the weaver. In six months most of the physical world vegetation will be dead, and not just because it's winter.

So these spiders are only attacking you because they think you're messing with their newly made webs. Get out of the park, and they will leave you alone.

And notably, since you have moved to the edge of the park, they seem to have stopped and are only watching you suspiciously.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Do my spiritual advisors know / know how to find out who was in charge of this park? A Glade Child? Tree Spirit? Squirrel Elemental? if we knew that we could maybe track it down and see what happened to it.

Otherwise, Softpaws attempts to track down a Gaia spirit that maybe saw what happened like a wandering Gaffling or something.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Would she be doing that inside or outside the park?

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, back.

Soaking for willpower: (5d10)[1][1][3][4][6](15)

Laughs would have shifted into Hispo form. (5d10)[10][8][9][2][4](33)

Laughs at Blood howled in pain at being burned. "Damn the Weaver and its cities!" Even the park held naught for the Wyld. He backed away from the Weaver spirits. He wanted to attack, but he would not charge head long without the others, and he was still shaking off the pain from the acid.
    Last edited by daelrog; 2012-09-20 at 10:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws attempts to regroup 'her' pack. "Do you know any way to tell what happened here? Wouldn't there have been a custodian or something? I don't sense any Wyrm taint on these Pattern Spiders; I think they're just taking over now that no one's around to stop them." The black Metis pauses for a moment and thinks.

"What if... I could track down a neighborhood spirit -- do you think you could find out what happened from it?" Eager to get to the bottom of the situation, Softpaws puts her nose to the ground and tries to pick up the scent of a Jaggling, Gaffling, or other relatively minor Gaia spirit that may be hanging around the vicinity. She checks the periphery of the park first, not wanting to agitate the Pattern Spiders unless necessary.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to Hispo to make this easier: (8d10)[1][3][7][4][3][10][1][2](31)
    I'd guess its Perception Occult since we're in the Umbra? (6d10)[10][6][9][2][5][9](41)
    Its the same roll as Per + Primal Urge
    Add two dice if its Per + Survival

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft paws fails to change, having trouble keeping her focus. However she's still able to spot a cat spirit three blocks east of your location and a bat spirit hanging from the telephone pole spider-web wire about a block north. The bat seems to be trying to hide.

And of course inside the park there is the spiders. Spiders are spirits too.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So to confirm, do you need the Theurge Gift Spirit Speech in order to talk to spirits?

Softpaws shakes her head in irritation -- Deepfang would have been able to shift. Still, the important part is she found some spirits to question.

Leading the way to the near-by bat spirit, Softpaws asks her allies who would be most interested in leading the conversation, "I found a Bat Spirit to the north, he seems a little shy. Who wants to talk to it?"

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    See, this is a good example of why you should just not ask. Because I didn't know you needed something to talk to spirits. So you would have been able to speak to spirits until you pointed out that gift. The gift certainly seems to indicate that you cannot speak to spirits without it.

I will say this instead. Some spirits, like your packs totem Boar, speak english. Others speak Garou. Others do not speak either. So I suppose you have to ask yourself, which would be more likely to speak english/garou? A cat, or a bat?

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Lifa has the Gift, luckily.
    But yeah, you know me, I exist to foil myself ;P

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah ha! My gift has come in handy.

The tall, dark grey crinos snarled as the acidic webbing scalded at her tough hide. Moving mostly on all fours, she bounded over to Softpaws and Jason - if Laughs looked like he needed help then she'd happily dart out a large claw to carry him along.

Reaching the the others and thankful to put some more distance between herself and the pattern spiders, the Theurge stood on her hind legs and darted her face back and forth across the scenery. Secretly, she'd never experienced anything like this before. She'd been in the presence of banes and other hellish entities...but this is unique...

About to utter something, she instead remains quiet as Softpaws leads the movement towards a spirit she was able to detect in the vicinity. Trusting that she'd have a better grasp on the local umbra than she would, even being the theurge, Lifa follows until they reach a bat spirit that was attempted to shuffle itself into hidden flaps to escape their view.

Shifting down into Glabro form, Lifa approached the spirit and thought on the spot on how best to handle it. She scrambled to remember what she could about the spirits of bats and their heritage with Bat, a wyrm-spirit.

"Spirit of Bat," she started "fleeing is not necessary, we're not here to harm you, we seek your advice."

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Changing Form roll: (6d10)[1][2][10][10][4][2](29)
    Occult roll to think of anything about bat spirits, especially in relation to Comazotz: (6D10)[2][3][10][3][6][9](33)

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You know many things. Most importantly is that spirits of creatures in the city take on aspects animals of that type that live in the city. So a cat spirit is going to be more like a house cat or a alley cat. Which begs the question of what a bat spirit is doing in Chicago, because there are no bats downtown.

Second, much like bats, bat spirits are nocturnal in nature. Visibly that doesn't mean a lot in the umbra, but it still makes a difference when their activity level is highest.

Third, bat spirits have powerful sonic attacks they can use when they feel threatened.

Last but not least, if you can't wake one up, shake it.

The bat opens it's eyes upon hearing Lifa's words. It looks at you but says nothing, waiting for you to say more.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Seeing that she had acquired the spirits attention, Lifa knew she needed to retain it.

"You're far from your home, child of Bat. What brought you here?"

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

The bat opens its mouth, and words come out but it's lips do not move. It's voice sounds human, and it speaks English so everyone understands it. But the sound of it changes with every word, as if it was spoken by a different person. Some words sound as if spoken by some one young, and some by someone old. Sometimes the voice sounds female, and other times male.

"You are mistaken Garou. It is you who is far from home. I am exactly where I want to be."

I need a intellegence+occult roll for Hour-Tales
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-09-22 at 12:19 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"But your home is not within the city - why would you wish to be here?"
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-09-22 at 02:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

"That which I feed upon is most abundant here. I do not wish to leave. If you try and make me, you will regret it." (much like I am on the voice color)

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Making an occult roll to know what a bat spirit would feed on: [rollv]6d10[/rollv]
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2012-09-22 at 02:39 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*mutters*

(6d10)[3][1][4][6][9][6](29)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jason listens to the spider spirit speak in its disconcerting voices, trying to make sense of its words and actions.

(7d10)[9][9][4][8][3][8][3](44)

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Jason thinks he's heard of this kind of spirit before. Talked about among his fellow glass walkers. Complained about actually. Whenever you're on a cell phone and the call suddenly drops, this is the kind of spirit to blame. It eats cell phone calls and signal. It's not really a bat spirit, it just looks like one.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs at Blood looked curiously at the bat. "Why were the crows laughing? Why does the Weaver control was little belongs to the Wyld in this city?"

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do the crows not laugh at everything that dies? Does the weaver not try to take anything that belongs to wyrm because weaver hates him just as much as the wyrm hates weaver?"

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

"You answer questions literally, spirit. Very well. How did the Weaver claim the park? What happened in the park that allowed it to take over." He looked back to where the spider spirits were and scowled.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not know. I do not live in the park. Not enough food. First the banes came. Then the spiders came and covered it in webbing."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Did the Bane spirits arrive just recently, as in the last couple of days?" Jason asks the bat spirit.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have no idea. I don't go there. Maybe"

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa remembered what the Bartender spoke about several days ago - about people "in black" that would erase things and reinforce the gauntlet. The spirit had said that it wasn't until the Banes showed up that the weaver presence amplified...

"We are looking for one of our kind. We last saw him in this area. Are you able to grant any assistance?"

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

"What do you offer in exchange?"

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa's first reaction was to offer food - but apparently the spirit had enough of that here. Then she recalled how it was attempting to hide when first they happened upon the creature. Maybe it was frightened of them, or of being discovered.

"This place offers you food - but it's dangerous. The forces that caused that," and she gestures back towards the park, "it's only a matter of time before they turn their attention to others, such as yourself.

So if you help us find our friend, we can help you find a place that's got food and is safer."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

"The city is where I want to be. Begone Garou. Let me go back to slumber."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

"If there were Banes in the park, it is our duty to investigate further," Softpaws says in the Garou tongue, her Crinos mouth unable to speak as easily in English. "we should bypass the spiders if possible, and remove them if it isn't."

Softpaws does not charge off this time, waiting patiently to coordinate her fellows before executing any harebrained plans.