New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Welcome to Elgin, a Suburb north west of Chicago. A small community, at least by Chicago standards. The city population is a little higher than most of your kind would prefer, but it's not that terrible. The buildings are more spread out than Chicago, the shopping malls are all outlets, and the violence and crime is minimum.

You are part of a new pack of Garou, that have just recently moved into the area. Having met at a moot down by the lake in Waukegan, the elders recognized that your destinies were entwined. So with the blessing of the spirits, a Ritual was performed and your pack was made official.

The pack alpha was named to the Shadow Lord Ahroun, Deep Fang. After careful consideration, Deep Fang decided that his beta would be the Metis Philidox, Softpaws. Together with the aid of two Bone Gnawers, Trashcan and Jackdaw, Theurge & Ragabash respectively, and a young glass walker named Hour-tales ,a Galliard, they formed a small but very well rounded pack.

This is their chronicle. This is their fate.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Your Safehouse
    Spoiler
    Show

Your safe house is located on Catherine Ln. It's located right by the river, about a mile from a bird sanctuary, and about a half mile from Judson University. The college atmosphere tends to be positive and upbeat. This keeps the wyrm spirits at bay for the most part. What's better, is that it's just off US 90, allowing the pack to quickly form and head downtown within minutes. It's a fact you have yet to test, but you have been proud to know it.

Your neighbors

The Jenson Family
    Spoiler
    Show

Living right across from you is the only family on the block. And it's huge, featuring Bill and Susan Jenson, Bill's brother Ted, and 4 ugly sons who range from age 8 to 24, and three daughters, age 25, 19 and 6.

They are strong practicing Christians, go to church every sunday, and gave you a bible when you guys first moved in. They have assumed you're all a bunch of college kids, but that idea is quickly disappearing as they suspect the bone gnawers of the pack to have been going through their trash.

Ultimately not bad neighbors, just people you keep an eye on because a)They creep you out and b) They're keeping an eye on you.

BoB
    Spoiler
    Show

Bob lives to the right of your house. You don't know Bob's last name. Frankly you don't know Bob that well either. But he's a single white male who works in downtown Chicago, lives alone, keeps his grass cut, keeps to himself, and doesn't call the cops on you because your dog keeps howling at the moon. So you leave Bob alone, because Bob leaves you alone.

The Rodriguez
    Spoiler
    Show

Living on your left is the Rodriguez. This isn't actually the family name. Because it's not a family, Rodriguez is just on the mail box. It's four young college students who all happen to be Latino in heritage. Their lawn isn't well maintained, loud noises can be heard coming from their place at all times of the night, and there's been several Fridays where they throw a party. But your impression is that the kids that live there are decent individuals who won't bother you, because they haven't since you've been there. It's why you don't even know their name.

The Mailman
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, this guy scares the crap out of you and you hate him. You hope it's just the canine part of you, and the way he looks at you is just because he can sense it, but maybe there is more. Hard to say.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-08 at 08:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

The story is simple. It is Saturday, June 9th. Current moon phase will be Gibbous. (So good for the Galliard)

Yesterday afternoon, June 8th, your pack member Jackdaw, The Ragabash of the group, told you that he was going to be gone for a few hours to meet up with some other Bone Gnawers at Praire Lake Park, a park not far from O'hare Airport. He told you he would be back in a few hours, if it got late he would find a safe place and return in the morning. It is now mid to late afternoon on saturday and you have not heard from him. Dark will come within a few hours, and you are beginning to worry.

As such, your pack has come together to discuss what to do about the situation. Hour-tales is running slightly late. Please describe yourself, and speak in character what they feel should be done.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

DeepFang was just finishing his daily workout in the basement when he looked at the clock and noticed the time. I wonder if the Ragabash is back yet, it's getting late. As he walks upstairs he looks around not seeing Jackdaw, eventually he enters the living room.

DeepFang is tall and large. In homid form he is nearly six and a half feet tall with a large muscular build. His hair and eyes are both a dark brown. Has anyone seen Jackdaw? It's hours past the expected time.
    Last edited by XianTheCoder; 2012-09-22 at 07:37 AM.

Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

None

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws

Softpaws is a young girl, about fifteen years old -- and she doesn't look a day older. Her heritage is difficult to say, but there are strong Native American and African strokes to it. Her hair is coarse, thick, and very dark black and she keeps it cut short, having never really learned how to take care of it. She has a good complexion, and is quite outdoorsy and athletic.

Boys aren't banging down the door to date her, but maybe if she grows into her features a bit more, she could be pretty. She is wearing a black My Chemical Romance t-shirt, camouflage printed capris, and no shoes.

Next to the large pack leader, Softpaws is petite and scrawny looking. She stops stirring a large pot of soup -- enough to feed a pack of werewolves -- and assumes her habitual posture, hugging herself around her middle and scratching at her arms with nail less fingers.

"Um, I haven't seen him today, no... You-you don't think something happened to him, do you?" she speaks quietly, with a faint whine to her tone.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

The sound of a car driving into the driveway of the safehouse may get the hopes of the occupants inside up, but the person stepping out of the late-'00s car is not Jackdaw, but rather Hour Tales. The man in his mid-twenties steps out of the car, holding a cloth bag by the bottom. He gives a short knock on the door before entering, setting the bag on the nearby table.

"Sorry I'm late everyone, but I had to go and get my pull."

He looks around the room, scanning it with his light brown eyes. A brief look of confusion flashes on his face, quickly being covered up.

"Where's Jackdaw?" he asks.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

"We don't know" Sam states bluntly "He's not back yet"
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

TC, do you know which Tribemates of yours he was meeting? Perhaps you and I should go and speak with them. Sam and Softpaws can stay here in case he comes back. DeepFang will walk to the window and look out, glancing up and down the street.

Show

None

9. - Top - End - #9

"Hold on," Jason says as he heads towards his bedroom inside of the safehouse. He returns a few minutes later with his laptop and sets in on the dining room table. He quckly boots the computer and is on the internet within a few minutes, searching for the satelite maps of the region.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Exclamation Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

DeepFang never having used computers except occasionally in school looks over Jason's shoulder, How can your computer help in locating Jackdaw? There's clearly a tone indicating skeptism in DeepFangs voice.

Show

None

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Hour-tales only takes a few moments to pull up the satelite maps. They certainly aren't zoomed in far enough where you could see individual people, but you can see the area fairly well and don't see anything out of the ordanairy. Is there anything particular you were looking for?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Hour-tales only takes a few moments to pull up the satelite maps. They certainly aren't zoomed in far enough where you could see individual people, but you can see the area fairly well and don't see anything out of the ordanairy. Is there anything particular you were looking for?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Sam comes up and looks over Hour's shoulder with an expression of childish curiousity on his face "How does this work?" he asks simply.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

14. - Top - End - #14

"About ten or so years ago," Jason explains as he zooms back on the map slightly, "they let the public in on satellite images of the world. Most of it's used for driving directions, the rest for simple entertainment value." The young Galliard scrolls around the park, looking at the side streets and buildings near the area of the park, print screening several blocks of maps to the hard drive of the laptop. "Right now, I'm getting an aerial view of the park to help us when we're down there on foot." With one last click of the mouse, he folds the computer down and puts it back into its case. "Ready to go." he adds.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

If you have maps stored on that thing then you come too, Softpaws stay here and wait by the phone, if Jackdaw comes back call us from the house phone. If we find anything then we'll call you to meet us. . He'll grab his keys and jacket and motioned for everyone to get ready to go.

As soon as everyone is ready they pile into his used SUV and they set out towards the park.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I realized I forgot to write his equipment on his sheet but with resources two I plan Ed on him having a used SUV or truck. Let me know if that's not ok.

Show

None

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

As you start out the door, the boar spirit totem appears, charging through the door as if it could break it.

"You make a grave error Deep Fang. The city is a dangerous place. Already your pack has been weakened by one missing member, do not weaken it further by leaving one behind."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

DeepFang nods, I will heed your advice, but worry he will return after we have all left the house. Great Boar, have you seen our missing packmate, can you tell if he is in trouble?

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: this works, i was trying to find a non meta gaming way not to leave someone behind, but it really didnt make sense for us all to go without confirmation of there being an actual problem. Yah Boar!

Show

None

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

He stomps and snorts in anger.
    "No, I cannot sense him. The heart of the Wyrm or the belly of the weaver block my connection to him. I have not sensed him since he left yesterday. I fear greatly that he is in danger."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Happy to have helped.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

We will find him! DeepFang states with conviction. Let's go everyone, and bring anything you need in a fight! Once everyone is ready they take off towards the lake.

Show

None

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    forgot to subscribe to this thread, forgive my absence.

Softpaws starts, as though from a daze. "Uh, right. A fight. Um, I hope we won't get into a fight... she whines plaintively, but seems otherwise ready to move out; she has no weapons to gather.

Spoiler
    Show
    Would you guys give an IC description of your characters? I'm having a hard time keeping everyone straight :(

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

How visible are your weapons when you walk out the front door?
    Because Bob just happens to be in his pool, and he notices you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bob says "HI NEIGHBORS!"

Also, do you take the tollways or do you take the back roads?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

We're poor so normally the back roads, but if the toll roads get us there faster then in this situation I would take whichever is faster.

The generally I would think we keep weapons in duffle bags for moving them around, in situations where we are in a hurry we may not have everything in the bags but at the very least we'd drape jackets over them.

OOC: again, didn't write my DQ down on the character sheet but with melee 3 I intended on him having a sword. Tonight when I get home I will dig out my notes and update my sheet with his equipment.

Show

None

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The Tollways would indeed be faster. Looks like it would be about 3 bucks each way. But 40 minutes later, you pull into the parking lot at Prairie Lakes Park. It's funny, before you left it looked like a nice sunny day. But now the sky is grey, as if it's gonna rain.

The park
    The place is quiet. Too quiet. No one is around, and it's a perfectly fine Saturday afternoon still.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws gets out of the vehicle and looks around, the unease on her dark-skinned face growing to worry and fear. "I-I don't like this at all. Not a bit..."

Still, she understands this is a time of action, and she quietly asks her Alpha, "I think I could track him in Lupus -- I, um, know his scent. Since there's no one else around..." she rocks back and forth, looking around like a bird in a cage.

25. - Top - End - #25

There are no weapons for Jason to gather and the only thing he has in his hands when the pack leaves the house is his laptop case. The young Galliard quickly scratches at his dark brown hair and puts a pair of sunglasses on. "It's been months and I still can't get used to it..." he gripes slightly about the totem. It's not that he doesn't appreciate its advice or even presence, it's just that it still creeps him out a little.

He waves a quick goodbye to neighbor Bob before getting in the SUV.

At the park. "Storm's coming in..." he gripes slightly. "Damned midwest weather. Anyone catch the forecast this morning?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh? Uh, no, I-I don't watch the news... But this is starting to creep me out." she shrinks in on herself, wrapping her arms around her middle as though she is cold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Deep Fang -- you have a Fang Dagger, right? Did you bring that, or just a mundane sword?

27. - Top - End - #27

"I didn't catch it either," he says as he looks out the window of the vehicle at the grey storm clouds above them. "That said, the timing of it certainly raises some questions.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Deep Fang barely acknowledges their neighbor, he will glance at Bob and give him a quick nod before getting into the SUV. He takes the toll roads to get to the park quicker, which is an indication of his worry to those that know him. When they get to the park, Deep Fang parks the SUV and gets out.

He will nod at Softpaws request to track their packmate, Tracking is a good start, TC you go with her. Don't go too far, if you catch a scent come and get us before following it. Jason you stay here with me and see what your gadgets can do.

After SP and TC have shifted to Lupus and left to begin tracking, Deep Fang will begin looknig around while waiting for Jason to bring up his maps again. Once the maps are up he will look over Jason's shoulder, We want to find a place where a group of Bone Gnawers could get together without being noticed by passersby. Can you find areas on the map that would be possibilities?

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Good Catch Psi... I forgot I got rid of the sword when I took the fetish dagger. So yes I have the dagger, and no I do not have a sword.

Show

None

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Since there is no one around, Softpaws uses the concealment of the vehicle to shift. She then moves out with her friend, attempting to use her keen Garou senses to locate their wayward pack mate.

Spoiler
    Show
    stamina primal urge to shift forms (5d10)[5][3][6][7][7](28)

Perception difficulties reduced by two due to Lupus form

Is it perception survival to track? Assuming that is the roll, here we go: (8d10)[3][3][6][2][4][7][10][1](36)

If its perception primal urge than subtract the last two dice of that last roll

30. - Top - End - #30

"I don't know all that much about Jackdaw's tribe," Jason admits as he opens and boots his laptop, pulling up the saved images when the computer is fully loaded. "But maybe try that plaground over here," he adds, turning the computer around to show the lupus-formed members of the tribe. He points at the relevant location on the map. "Now, growl a bit at me like I'm teasing you with something on this," he whispers a bit, unsure if anyone nearby may be watching.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show