Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC:
    6d10 → [10,10,9,10,7,8] = (54), 6d10=54 - Lifa meditates the **** out of that gnosis.)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jason nods silently as he opens the door to the car. "Usual place, then?" he whispers into the headset.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have Laughs' trash scene up in a day or so. I'll put some effort into it.

The Lupus scowled a bit at the use of the technology, but he was trying to get used to it, and least to the point he could tolerate it. He was also in Lupus form, with an amber fetish tied to his string and wrapped around his neck. He called the fetish a 'Monkey Puzzle'. To all normal humans, and perhaps other certain supernaturals, he appeared as a normal human.

He was curious about the birds, clearly they weren't natural, but he wanted to know what they were.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness (3) + Perception (4) = 7
    (7d10)[5][10][9][3][7][10][9](53)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

From your distance, you can tell nothing unnatural about these birds. Perhaps a bit noisy, but they don't do anything out of the ordinary. Laughs watches them for a few minutes, and perhaps notices they all come from the same direction. And they all avoid the park. They sit just outside it's borders, and watch the four of you.
    You could approach them, because obviously they see you. But of course, if they are dangerous that would be quite a dangerous thing to do...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I look forward to details of the scene now.

5. - Top - End - #275

Jason starts Deep Fang's car and shuts the door behind him. "I'm going to head out into the city for a little bit before I head on home," Jason says into the headset. "Follow behind me for a bit and let me know if those birds begin to follow."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm going with you," Softpaws declares, a neurotic look in her eye. She'll be damned rather than split the pack up any more. She hops into the passenger seat without allowing any argument.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

The pack leaves the parking lot of the park with both vehicles, Laughs and Lifa trailing behind. As you approach the gate of the park, you can see them clearly enough. They're not crows. It's a large group of Ravens. All of them watching you, and laughing in their bird language. When you drive off, they do not follow. Nor do they move when Hour's car, driven by Lifa, pulls closer. They seem to be content where they are, outside the border of the park.

8. - Top - End - #278

"Doesn't seem like they're following us so far," Jason remarks as he drives the car out of the park. "Should we just head on home?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa's eyes widened as Softpaws jumped out of the car and headed over to the SUV.

"Wai - " she uttered right as Softpaws slammed the door behind her.

"Jävlar!" she spat as she punched the dashboard in anger. If the SUV was rigged or boobytrapped or otherwise compromised, then half the pack was soon to be disabled rather than just one member.

Resisting the urge to pick up the radio to tell Softpaws to get back into the car - she doubted she'd listen anyway - Lifa climbed into the drivers seat and carefully followed Jason.

"We can't take that SUV home, not without purifying it. Even then, they have the registration." Lifa spoke over the radio.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't there a system that allows a werewolf "peer" into the umbra instead of fully crossing over into it?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There are gifts that allow you to do such, but unless you have them, you need to physically cross over to see what's going on.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

On a different night...

Laughs at Blood was in full Hispo form, his preferred form for battle. He smiled widely. He did not have his fetish with him. However, he had other means to fool the humans of E. Maple Dr. With blur of the milky eye no man would see him. With scent of running water, no mere dog would smell him.

The first trach can went down quietly, as he slowly placed it over. The next was a bit quicker. The third house still had lights on, even in the early morning. The person or people living there didn't even know how to live as oen of their own species! Nocturnal wretches! He slowly pulled the trashcan out of site of the windows, and tipped it over.

He moved quietly from trashcan to trashcan, soft thuds falling short as he went along. He finished one side of the street, then turned to the other, the red in his eyes glistening. With a quick, short howl, he charged. He bashed one trashcan with his head, letting in roll onto the street. The next he vaulted over, kicking it back with his hind legs as he was over it. He raced quickly, grabbing the very last one and dragging it with him halfway back to his temporary home before releasing it.

Victory was his this night.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

So the birds don't mess with you. Where do you go?

13. - Top - End - #283

"Too late for that..." Jason says as Lifa screams into his earpiece and Softpaws gets into the passenger side of the vehicle.

"Okay, let's assume that this car isn't safe," he says as he drives down the street from the park. "What's our next move? Our rendezvous point?"

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

"Why wouldn't the car be safe? That doesn't make sense. We've fought Bane Squirrels and a weird sorcerer guy - neither of those would mess with a car. " Softpaws shrugs, unsure what the others are seeing that she isn't.

15. - Top - End - #285

"I don't know," Jason replies to Softpaws. "Then again, you know I've never been the one to be 100% up on everything Garou."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to keep this from slowing down too much

So you take the cars to a safe location. Perhaps a walmart parking lot or something. Are you ditching the car? Trying to cleanse it of any possible wyrm taint? Taking it into the umbra and leaving it there? Saying "my companions are paranoid" and just take it home?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

"It just seems like, I dunno, like we're chasing our tails, missing some really obvious clue right in front of our face... Im so sorry, Jason -- I wish you had Deepfang with you instead of me --he'd know what to do to find the missing packmembers." The young Metis' eyes are beginning to mist up. She clearly feels quite weak and lost right now.

18. - Top - End - #288

"Hey, you're doing a good job," Jason says to Softpaws. "Much better than I would do. Here looks good," he says as he spots a Walmart coming up. He parks in the very back of the lot and waits for the others to join them.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    (ooc: Argh, I just discovered the post I thought I made stuck in the browser on my phone - I'll post when I get back from the store)

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs stepped out of the other car. He was in homid form now. The ability to talk with the others more useful than anything right now. "The problem were those damn birds. Laughing at us. Wyrm taint, weaver taint, maybe even those black men the bartender was talking about." He meant to say men in black, but he wasn't familiar with the term. "You just assume your man-made chariot is safe, just because you didn't see anything happen to it. What about sensing?"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa muttered constantly to herself in Swedish throughout the entire ride.

A list of things wrong with the SUV ran through her head while this happened. A Bane could have insinuated itself into the machine; some sort of umbral spy could be attached to the vehicle; the registration could've been taken and followed up; a bomb could've been planted underneath the vehicle...

And those ravens! Lifa hadn't forgotten about those ravens either.

"... kunde följa oss! Och de korpar ... Jag har inte sett något liknande förut ..."

Laughs slamming the door behind him shook Lifa from her self-argument. Realising she had parked in a wal-mart car-park, she quickly disembarked the car and made her way over to the others.

OOC:
    Righteo. I'll make an occult roll to see if I've ever heard of ravens being used as spies, particularly by sorcerers or other wyrm-tainted folk

(6d10)[1][6][6][2][7][10](32)

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:
    Because I can't edit my post without discarding the rolls

As Lifa made her way over she tucked her hands into her jacket and scanned the area - her intense, blue-eyed stare whipping over everything as she came to a halt next to Laughs.

23. - Top - End - #293

Jason hangs his head low as Laughs scolds him for failing to sense anything about the car. "I generally don't think of things like that, and I wanted to get away from the ravens as soon as I could, he explains himself, badly.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Provided you don't delete/edit the actual rolling, you can edit a post all you want.

Bane spirits can inhabit anything that is alive. You haven't heard of it happening before however. It's also worth noting that there usually is a physical appearance change to that goes along with inhabiting creatures (such as albino squirrels).

Lifa has also heard much of the Corax. Bird shape changers. They horde secrets (and shiny things) and generally avoid conflict if at all possible. They are well known spies, but they don't really serve anyone. You have never met one, but one of your elders spoke of them during the war of rage.

I'm going to be a time saver here. There is 0% wyrm anywhere in that SUV. Do what you want with it, but the answer is that it's clean of wyrm taint.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-09-13 at 08:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws seems somewhat deflated. "Its Deepfang's car. We should bring it back to the house in case -- when he comes back. He'll be mad if we wreck it or something." Her tone is bleak.

Spoiler
    Show
    Haha! I knew there wasn't anything wrong with the car!

My vote is to go back home and I don't really know of anything useful to do until the Moot. So I vote to fast forward until then.

26. - Top - End - #296

"I can only hope that they haven't gotten into any more trouble," Jason says. "So, I think we should head out. We need to prepare for our trip next week."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa didn't know where else to start looking for the two missing pack mates - she knew nothing about them.

As she tries to think of situations involving crows and sorceres adopting them as spies, the image of the Corax fluttered through her mind and gave her pause to wonder.

"Either way, I'm purifying it before we take it anywhere." she says, as she starts walking towards Walmart.

She also planned to propose the idea that maybe the Ravens weren't spies - at least not malicious ones: rather they were agents of Corax.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She'll just perform a Rite of Cleansing, using a piece of chalk she gets from wal-mart and a cigarette lighter to set a small tight with some smoke to walk around car and some water from either bottled water or tap water.

Unless you want me to make the rolls we can just fast-forward to the next scene - this is just so IC I've got a reason for Lifa not to be so paranoid about the SUV)

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, the rite of cleansing finished, people now can feel better knowing that the SUV is free of wyrm taint.

Does the pack remain downtown and go looking for deep fang, or return home?

29. - Top - End - #299

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm fine with returning home.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We could check those ravens out again. With Lifa remembering that the Corax are about they might not be the fiendish spies we thought they were.